[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got red-pilled on being a good steward of my culture but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: JESUS-IN-RED-ROBE.jpg (37 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
JESUS-IN-RED-ROBE.jpg
37 KB, 424x600
So I got red-pilled on being a good steward of my culture but I don't understand why religion has to be a part of it.

I'm STEM and think religion is hyper retarded. I don't think I'll ever be able to lie to myself into believing in God or anything.

Am I missing anything? Is there something awesome/great about religion? Why can't I just teach my kids morals without the imaginary bullshit?
>>
bump. pls help me understand your point of view
>>
Then dont. You have the freedom to join in or abstain. What is your stem specialty? Friendly reminder that psychology is not science.
>>
>>72971060
Seems like you're just too autistic to comprehend things that deal in metaphor and symbolism desu senpai.
>>
>>72971060
You don't need religion to teach morales. I was brought up without religion and am far more ethical and mindful of consequence than the. Vast majority of people I've met in my life.
>>
If you think religion is about God and Magic and not Politics then you are not red pilled
>>
>>72971318
computer science

>>72971407
i understand the morals the stories teach and most of them are fine.

i just realize there are people who don't (like children) who will take shit literally and go out and kill people/start wars because muh heaven
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6coKbqt4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU
accept the only true religion
>>
>>72971606
i think it's about both, but the vast majority of people are retarded. why are we telling them stupid stories instead of teaching them to think critically about right & wrong?
>>
>>72971060
I am also non-religious, but I am of the opinion that a democracy cannot function well without a societal force like religion helping to curb peoples' degenerate proclivities. Not everyone needs religion to keep them in check, but a considerable segment of the population does. It can be particularly bad when religion is replaced with apathetic nihilism.
>>
>>72971742
>proof the bible is true
not even going to waste my time with retard magic shit.

will watch the other one tho.
>>
>>72971821
why not make the "religion" critical thinking then? it'd increase the IQ over a few generations and wouldn't have half the population believing in magic and the other half not.
>>
>>72971060
WHO THIS NIKKA
>>
File: jesus-the-king-of-kings.jpg (929 KB, 1333x750) Image search: [Google]
jesus-the-king-of-kings.jpg
929 KB, 1333x750
>>72971889
it’s funny because bible is true and there’s only evidence to support this claim
stop being delusional
>>
>Is there something awesome/great about religion?

Religion has some risk averse heuristics cooked in it, which are highly useful in a disorderly and often wildly unpredictable world. This is also the main reason why it's still around to this day.

Beyond that it has a moral code that isn't realistic, and as far as truth value goes it's even worse. If you want Christianity without any of the religious stuff, all you need to do is avoid risks as much as possible, unless you're absolutely forced to take them
>>
File: iron slav.jpg (22 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
iron slav.jpg
22 KB, 480x270
>>72971782
Home boy you're going to need to educate yourself more before you pass judgement if you think its "stupid stories instead of teaching them to think critically about right & wrong"
>>
File: wIGnl73l.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
wIGnl73l.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
Hi, I'm Bill Nye and listen to your government
>>
>>72972060
if you actually believe god is real and jesus was his magical son you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>72971060
>Why can't I just teach my kids morals without the imaginary bullshit?

the morals of youre children will be thought by the goverment you need something set in stone and more powerfull then a few people in office voting for the age of consent to be 4 years old
>>
>>72971976
Because critical thinking doesn't give people comfort and security of mind. Not to mention, quit acting like the world is filled with euphoric neckbearderoos.
>>
File: 8-jesus-christ-and-angels.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
8-jesus-christ-and-angels.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>>72972404
there’s a lot of proof
stop being delusional fedoraman
>>
File: Screenshot_60.jpg (87 KB, 839x476) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_60.jpg
87 KB, 839x476
>>72972479
>>
File: Nicea.jpg (406 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Nicea.jpg
406 KB, 1600x1067
>>72972479

I beg to difffer
>>
>>72971060
You don't understand it. Religions are just control mechanisms to keep the populous in check. That is all.
>>
>>72971060
This image is copyrighted property of the Corporation Sole of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Please remove this from your storage media and refrain from using it to promote your material. Thank you.
>>
Read Machiavelli.
>>
>>72972479
1 teacher teaching 30 kids for several hours vs. 2 parents teaching 1 kid for several hours. i think the parents' lessons would win out.

>>72972648
critical thinking can give people peace of mind. george carlin taught me that in one of his final interviews (on npr if you want to look it up)

>>72972735
>believe in imaginary bullshit
>ad hom
>doubling down on autism
>>
File: jesuschrist.jpg (27 KB, 259x350) Image search: [Google]
jesuschrist.jpg
27 KB, 259x350
>>72973347
oh please there’s so much proof
you are a fedoraman because you are delusional
you are a fedoraman because when i showed you proof you rather didn’t watch the video than face the truth
also you are the one making adhoms
>>
>>72971407
>>72971606
>>72971821
>>72972985
>>72973109
so literally the only reason /pol/ shills religion is to make sheep follow rules /pol/ likes?

that's fine. i get that.

my question is, why not just teach people morals without the religion magic stories?
>>
>>72973347
>1 teacher teaching 30 kids for several hours vs. 2 parents teaching 1 kid for several hours. i think the parents' lessons would win out.

yeah that probably would work with a rebelous teenager, its not for nothing there are armies of betamales
>>
>>72971060

Most people are fucking stupid. Religion gives moral guidance to the dumb masses.

It's especially important for nigs. When you have a trend to agnosticism/atheism + nigs you get shit like Chicago, Baltimore, Ferguson, etc.

It's a pragmatic institution and has been the center of civilization for millenia for a reason.
>>
>>72973700

pretty funny he does not watch 1 hour vs his eternity
>>
>>72973921
not saying it'd be easy, but surely you can agree that good parents do a good job of instilling their morals on their children whereas bad parents usually end up with the rebellious liberal faggots?
>>
File: liberals.jpg (56 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
liberals.jpg
56 KB, 413x414
>>72971060
you
>>
File: get a load of this.jpg (16 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this.jpg
16 KB, 183x200
>>72971060
>>
>>72974094
Would nigs be so niggerish if they were instilled with critical thinking skills and basic morals?

i think maybe they become such niggers because they grow up and realize god isn't real so they don't need to worry about going to hell after they get shot for killing another nigger for drugs/whores.

sorry, i'm pretty firmly in the "critically thinking about morals > tricking people into believing in magical stories' rules" camp
>>
>>72971289
Morals are built after human emotions (surviaval insticts) and social construcs (like goverment)
Religion is a historical reflection on this, only that certian part of these morals where created from old stupidity or powergrabs.
If you want to know what these dumb things are. Then follow actual Atheist who dont belive in the religion of Cuckdom.
>>
>>72974282
>>72974348
wow dude! nice memes! you got me! rarer pls
>>
File: 1453981452758.jpg (157 KB, 1171x882) Image search: [Google]
1453981452758.jpg
157 KB, 1171x882
>>72973347

It's not imaginary. There is evidence of Christ and the unprecedented social upheaval of his ministry. It has caused a profound effect on the society and the world at large. If that's imaginary to you, you are truly delusional.
>>
>>72973738
because some people are too stupid to be moral without the magic stories
>>
>>72974476
any good youtube channels for "atheists who don't follow cuckdom"? pls kill yourself if you're about to say that one faggot who ends videos with "-- LOGIC!"
>>
File: good-goy.jpg (32 KB, 312x342) Image search: [Google]
good-goy.jpg
32 KB, 312x342
>>72972404
>>
>>72971060

What will instill morals, hope and ideals into the heart of people? If those come from a transcendant source, people will take them more seriously and personlise them. Otherwise, they would just be another fashion that will either fade or be forced upon them.
>>
>>72974476

Judaic morals were based on relatively obscure principals.

Jews received commands to avoid eating things that spread disease, and as a result created a nation that would eventually give rise to the moral foundations of the world, because it came from the creator of the world. It's no coincidence the nation's that brandish the living God have been the most successful in history.
>>
>>72974222

my father was a cop and had good morals i turned out to be a degenerate because of soceity not because my dad teached me good morals
>>
>>72971060

> I'm STEM

You sound like you're from Reddit. Why does STEM have anything to do with religion? Gtfo out with your terrible logic. No one gives a shit who you are or what you do.
>>
>>72974540
i feel ya, but shouldn't we be trying to raise the IQ a point or two every generation instead of lowering it by continuing the magic story meme?

>>72974738
why not teach people how to think about critically about morals tho? good morals will win out in that situation AND as a bonus, it teaches people to be less retarded
>>
>>72972141
tip your fedora asshole. you dont know shit.. fuckin idiot man..
>>
>>72974999

The study of truth is incredibly difficult. Metaphysics is not an efficient way of converting people, but miracles and "magic" stories do the trick.
>>
>>72975062

Great retort
>>
>>72971060
>Am I missing anything?
Yes.
>Is there something awesome/great about religion?
Yes.
>Why can't I just teach my kids morals without the imaginary bullshit?
Such morals are "dynamic" and subject to change according to time.
>>
>>72974867
that's a good point, but i still feel like that was your father's failing as a parent. he said good morals to you, he didn't actually teach you to be moral.

>>72974955
>putting space around greentext
>accusing others of being from plebbit
your dreidel is showing
>>
>>72972404
So I guess the head of the human genome project Francis Collins is retarded right goy
>>
>>72972404
religion is most likely in-built in humans - if that's true it isn't that he's retarded, it's that you're broken.
>>
>>72975159

I think what he's saying is Christianity is the foundation on which the West was built. Religion has its drawbacks, but true Christianity holds society together.
>>
>>72975117
should we continue dumbing down though? the entire world is getting stupider and stupider every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5cKRmJaf0 makes my point better than i am

look at Allahfags. totally retarded and degenerate as fuck

>>72975168
>Such morals are "dynamic" and subject to change according to time.
what's wrong with ideas evolving? if my ideas never changed i'd still be a liberal faggot
>>
>>72971060
let me give you some advise.. yes you can do this .. when explaining religion to your children. explain that '' some people believe this . some people believe that.. its up to you to believe. but at the end of the day its all the same.. just be good person.. '' and when you catch them doing something bad like stealing .. whipp the shit out of them and tell them why its wrong .. show your anger.. introduce them to books.. they'll figure it out
>>
>>72975159

Christianity's moral code is incredibly simple:

Love God with everything you have,
Love your fellow man as you love yourself
>>
>>72974999
>why not teach people how to think about critically about morals tho? good morals will win out in that situation AND as a bonus, it teaches people to be less retarded

Life iby has value if it comes from a trancendant source. If there is no God or 'transcendance, life is of no consuquence and worth is decide by men. Morals decisions will boil down to preferance and what someone deems your worth.

Think about it. When you speak of love, goodness and justice; are you speaking in terms of the temporal or the transcendant? Isnt there a trancendant third that binds every relationship that goes beyond reason?
>>
>>72975486

For a Christian society, the West sure is in love with usury
>>
>>72975743

That's society. The world. Not Christ and his message. It remains pure and untainted.
>>
>>72971060
>I'm STEM and think
incorrectly that you're qualified to have an opinion on anything besides your specific field of study.
>>
>>72975558

Well, even Christians believe entropy will claim the world. Ignorance is the most dangerous thing in the world, and will ultimately be humanity's downfall.

Revelation is a stark warning of such things. Christians have learned to accept our fate as humans.
>>
>>72975257
does he legitimately believe in cloud fairies? did i stutter?

i like how you retards ad hom me as a jew because i'm arguing AGAINST manipulating people with stories. dat irony

>>72975427
>religion is in-built in humans
nice one : ^ )
all those brain cells firing at peak efficiency

>>72975486
homogeneous societies are held together because they're homogeneous, not because of one specific trait of that society like religion
>>
>>72971060
>why can't I just teach my kids morals without the imaginary bullshit?
Go ahead do it
Whatever your stance on religion is, you can't deny that Christianity is the most suitable religion to instill decent values to your kids, especially on a large scale.
Well, but I have to admit that religion classes in school (I can speak only for Germany) didn't do much, especially when I look at the normal kids back in my class.
We had this Bible shit (Noah built an Arche etc.) only in elementary school and maybe 1-2, or maybe even 3 years into middle/highschool. The remaining few years the lessons became more and more degenerate.
Our teacher, who was a very """cool"""", liberal priest, talked with us about abortion, euthanasia etc.
In the 12th grade I had a landwhale teacher discussing whether or not voluntary work, like coaching a local junior football team, is real work.
I can say for sure I didn't do any harm, but the time could have been filled with much more useful topics, especially in the last few years.
I Support removing religion from school, but only because I don't want imams preaching the death of the West in class, because the majority of pupils in Germany already consists of migrants.
We're fucked...
>>
>>72975644

And I take it you believe in these rules so much that you regularly volunteer to work in a soup kitchen, feeding the homeless, right?

Or is shitposting on an anonymous website the high of piety?
>>
>>72976010

Homogenous in thought. Most European nations held up their nations on Christian principles.
>>
>>72975845
>That's society. The world.

Which you told me moments ago was very Christian. Did you mean actually Christian or in name only?
>>
>>72976101

I regularly serve my church and community, yes.
>>
>>72976213

No, I said society was built on the principles of Christianty.
>>
>>72974499
Islam has caused a similarly profound effect on society and the world at large.
>>
>>72975671
>If there is no God or 'transcendance, life is of no consuquence and worth is decide by men
pretty fucking huge leap there. "if you don't believe in god then life doesn't matter" wtf

you shouldn't be a good person because if you don't you'll burn in hell for eternity, you should be a good person because it is logically correct to do. otherwise, what happens when people finally realize god is imaginary? they become a bad person because there is no consequence.

>>72975881
>declare i use logic
>ad hom'd for using logic
nice one! : ^ )
>>
>>72976366
It's caused a profound effect on the middle East, and has been rejected just about everywhere else for being barbaric and heretical nonsense.
>>
>>72976307

And do those include invading half of the planet and killing scores of indigenous peoples?

Because in that case, you have a rather odd conception of the golden rule
>>
>>72976465

The universe is ultimately empty without a higher being. It is nothing but the chemical reactions of rocks and fire, and will eventually burn out into nothing.
>>
>>72976010
>does he legitimately believe in cloud fairies? did i stutter?
He believes Christ is the son of God but you put that in a very good goyish way
>>
>>72976515

You have an odd conception of assigning Christ those faults. Men are ultimately evil and flawed and will act in their own self interest. It does not mean everyone will, or that Christ's message is any less valid.
>>
>>72976022
i guess this is the most interesting point to me. religion just doesn't seem effective anymore--particularly when people grow up and realize it's all make believe.

>>72976366
a profoundly negative effect, just like almost any other religion
>>
>>72971782
Just because the institutions don't support critical thinking doesn't mean that's not what religion is about.

Christianity and Judaism are about seeing "the devil" in the details

Buddhism is principally about questioning reality as its presented to you.

Just because people use The Bible incorrectly doesn't mean it isn't a viable and valuable tool
>>
>>72976706
>It does not mean everyone will, or that Christ's message is any less valid.

Well, why not? Were the spanish conquistadors secret muslims or something?
>>
>>72976578
why does it have to burn out into nothing? how do you know that? a few hundred years ago we never thought we'd be able to fly. or go to space. or the moon. or mars. or video. computers. etc...

you literally have no idea what mankind is capable of in the span of a hundred years, much less in the span of billions of years.

why hinge self-worth on obviously imaginary stories?

>>72976622
>goyish
i'm not the one arguing to manipulate the masses with bullshit stories.
>>
>>72971060
>falling for the STEM meme
>>
>>72975558
>should we continue dumbing down though?
Noone is dumbing down you ignorant piece of shit. STEMtrash usually at least claim that their favored technology gave knowledge to the majority of the world. Guess what, people that are part of the 3rd generation of the mass educated populace won't give a shit about muh knowledge. If anything we should limit IQ growth and knowledge so that average man can stop pulling everyone to his level. Honestly you are still historically illiterate, read more and I am not talking about religion here.
>>
>>72976858

The Spanish were working for the interests of Spain. Slaughtering innocents is not a Christian doctrine, it was in the interests of the Spanish. They willingly ignored the commands of Christ, because men are inherently evil beings.
>>
>>72976787
it's a lot easier to use the bible incorrectly than it is to use logic incorrectly. this is why we entered the modern age. unfortunately we brought religion with us instead of focusing more on rational thought.
>>
>>72977296

That is a very irrational statement.
>>
>>72976465
>logically correct to do

What if what you logically think is correct is opposed to someone elses logically correct idea? A utopia is only reach over a river of blood and you never get there. Leave to it Heaven.

If you wish to speak of objective morals, you would have a hard job defining them. Everything in that case is a selfish impulse and tehrefore all morals come down to what is right for me. You cant have a moral system without God.

> they become a bad person because there is no consequence.

Yes. It was called the soviet union where all semblance of hope and decency had been taken from people.
>>
>>72977098

For one, they aren't imaginary. Youre just ignorant.

For two, it doesn't matter how advanced humanity becomes when heat death occurs or a meteor strikes the earth and wipes us all off the planet or we nuke each other into oblivion. If there's no God, it's all just dust in the wind. You are no different from the dirt on the ground except you can realize you're worthless.
>>
>>72977145
>falling for gender studies degree or /r9k/ lifestyle
:^)

>>72977208
>Noone is dumbing down
yes they are. that's exactly what religion does. it dumbs down laws into children's stories to control the masses.

>people that are part of the 3rd generation of the mass educated populace won't give a shit about muh knowledge
why do you think that? were your parents and grandparents smart or something?

>If anything we should limit IQ growth and knowledge
i stopped reading here because only a truly mentally ill, barely functioning, retard would be shilling making the world an even dumber place.

if you want to experience a retarded/religious world, why not move to a place like the middle east or Africa?
>>
>>72973738
It's hard to justify any objective morals without an absolute point of reference like God. If you believe the world is purely naturalisitc, then morals are nothing but subjective rules.
>>
>>72977905

Where do you think the masses came from, o wise one? You think the evil jew was there from the beginning? No. People rallied behind God, and built their nations on him. It's not a secret conspiracy. It's exactly what Jesus says it is, the true path of righteousness. Wisdom and strength of the spirit is not foolish or tools to control the masses.
>>
File: le happy merchant covert face.jpg (43 KB, 688x456) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant covert face.jpg
43 KB, 688x456
>>72977905
>if you want to experience a retarded/religious world, why not move to a place like the middle east or Africa?
Yea this is becoming more and more obvious
>>
>>72971060
I'm in the same boat OP, but you're not going to find a virtuous woman who's an atheist. My GF is a wonderful, caring woman who's deeply religious, and I don't give two shits. All you can really do ia raise your family to be good people and hope for the best.
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>72977380
how so? infinite interpretations of a religion vs. a much smaller amount of interpretations of science?

>be /pol/
>post infographics with links to scientific studies
>argue for bible
>mfw pic related

>>72977481
good point. i still think it's better to train mankind to evolve to see through bullshit logic than to keep getting fucked by insanely illogical religious beliefs over and over.

lots of muslim terrorists. few scientist terrorists.

>>72977748
>For one, they aren't imaginary.
stopped reading. why do you think i'd pay attention to a crazy person?

>>72977934
maybe it's more difficult, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth pursuing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5cKRmJaf0
>>
>>72971060
> Is there something awesome/great about religion?
Unity you fucking pleb. We must all be united against the evil of the world and your bullshit isn't helping.
>>
>>72977905
Stop wasting your time. It's /pol/. Facts, knowledge, debate and acceptance are things you won't find here.

You could post hard evidence that the Earth isn't flat. The idiots here wouldn't even consider listening to you.
>>
>>72978562
>it's better to train mankind to evolve to see through bullshit logic than to keep getting fucked by insanely illogical religious beliefs over and over.

You sound like a bolshevik.
>>
>>72978215
as i've said a few times in this thread, you accuse me of being a jew but i'm not the one shilling using bullshit stories to manipulate/control people.

>>72978558
that might be true for now, but doesn't have to be for more generations. imagine a world where women were taught to be rational at a young age. :O***

fwiw, my gf was religious when i met her. i don't pressure her to believe anything, but i let her know i'm atheist, and she's independently been finding more and more flaws with religion.
>>
>>72978947
>you accuse me of being a jew but i'm not the one shilling using bullshit stories to manipulate/control people.
Because an atheist is related and works for the Jews.
>>
>>72978947
>that might be true for now, but doesn't have to be for more generations. imagine a world where women were taught to be rational at a young age. :O***
>Women
>Rational
Pick one and only one you cuck
>>
>>72971060
Yeah, religion is retarded, OP. But I've come to accept that most people are just too stupid to be good without it. Nothing wrong with you if you don't. *tips fedora and walks away*
>>
>>72978562
it's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of intellectual integrity. What grounds do you have to prove that rape is wrong, if it is at all? Evolutionary ethics? Yet, it's clear that much of society today do not follow "evolutionary ethic" which leads me to believe that morality does not stem completely, if at all, from evolution. In the end, without God, morals are subjectively defined and becomes a matter of the strongest decides what is right and wrong and it's clear that most people do not believe that. They claim that there is objective moral law and certain things are absolutely evil. How do you justify, then, that your moral laws are absolute?
>>
>>72977296
In the age of misinformation "logic" (what I think of as common sense) grows less and less common lately.

What I took from your post is "it's easier to pull shit out of your ass then use the bible properly" which is definitely true

But illogical
>>
>>72978714
>flat earth
>evidence

I thought it was just a meme people believe in it
>>
>>72978709
i'm cool with cultural unity. i'll just never be able to lie myself into believing in cloud fairies. i'm not sure why religion has to be rolled up into a culture since it's probably the worst part of any culture.

>>72978714
yeah, you're right. /pol/ has red-pilled me on so many things. i was hoping they had something good for religion, but as it turns out they don't. found the chink in /pol/'s armor.

>>72978887
>it's better to teach people logic and let them decide what they believe in rather than control them
>you sound like a communist who thought polices people
it's like /pol/ isn't even trying in this thread. you faggots are so weak and feeble.
>>
>>72979494
> i'm not sure why religion has to be rolled up into a culture since it's probably the worst part of any culture.
Because it's the fucking glue you mentally retarded cuckold.
>>
>>72979550
You realize that people aren't going to pretend to believe in magic because you think that's the only way societies can work right? The narrow minded view you have is hilarious.
>>
>>72979850
You realize that atheisms doesn't help society in the fucking slightest right?
>>
>>72979494
You always should double-check the things /pol/ tell you or red-pill you about. Most things spouted on /pol/ are bullshit, religion is NOT an exception. You need to be skeptical towards everything you read here, including the things I tell you. Read it for your own amusement and get inspired to discover controversies you never considered before.
>>
>>72979494
>it's like /pol/ isn't even trying in this thread. you faggots are so weak and feeble.

> The most important thing is to know how to awaken in the still undeveloped masses an intelligent attitude towards religious questions and an intelligent criticism of religions.
> No natural science can hold its own in the struggle against the onslaught of bourgeois ideas and the restoration of the bourgeois world outlook unless it stands on solid philosophical ground. In order to hold his own in this struggle and carry it to a victorious finish, the natural scientist must be a modern materialist, a conscious adherent of the materialism represented by Marx, i.e., he must be a dialectical materialist.
> Those who are really convinced that they have made progress in science would not demand freedom for the new views to continue side by side with the old, but the substitution of the new views for the old.
> Religion is one of the forms of spiritual oppression which everywhere weighs down heavily upon the masses of the people, over burdened by their perpetual work for others, by want and isolation.
>>
>>72979914
Considering that the vast majority of successful nations are the least religious nations, I'd say it's certainly not a detriment. Keep being delusional and believing in magic.
>>
>>72980155
> I'd say it's certainly not a detriment
You like speaking Arabic?
>>
>>72980240
Nice non-sequitur.
>>
>>72980155
Least religious=/= Atheism
Cuck
>>
>>72980380
Is this a new meme? /lit/cuck get out.
>>
>>72980413
Essentially what it means yeah, they're also the most atheist nations. Stay in school kid.
>>
>>72980493
? Oh you're implying I go on /lit/ because I used an educated adult word. Fuck I forget that this board is full of kids.
>>
>>72979015
>Because an atheist is related and works for the Jews.
wtf does that even mean? one atheist works for all jews and is related to them? learn how to express thoughts.

if you're trying to say all atheists are in cahoots with jews, then please provide some sort of proof because i'm atheist and don't associate with jews (as well as every other religion).

>>72979112
i knew i'd catch shit for that, but animals can be trained little-by-little over generations.

>>72979196
most religious people aren't good though... :^(

*returns fedora tip good sire*

>>72979239
that's a fine point, but who gave the old authors of the bible the right to make up a set of rules for all mankind to follow for all eternity? seems way more retarded than developing our own ideas based off of what makes sense to us as individuals.

>>72979275
my post was "it's easier to manipulate people with bullshit stories from the bible than it is to manipulate them with logic".

"we should kill all those innocent people because god wants it" vs. "we should kill all those innocent people because they suck". which is more likely to work on a critical thinking society?

---

alright, i'm out faggots. you got nothing for me.

i'm all for defending the white race but you need to drop that religion aspect of it if you want to appeal to more people.

people are sheep, but you should train them to be allies instead of slaves.
>>
>>72971060
>american
>my culture

kek.
>>
>>72980521
Citation needed cuck
>>
>>72977748
HAHAHHAHAhahahhahahahahahh
>>
>>72977098
Why there is no God?
>>
>>72980621
This is basic knowledge. I don't care if you believe me, google it yourself or know your place at the bottom.
>>
>>72980601
No I'm implying you go on /lit/ because you're not answering my question.
>>72980614
It means you actively work for the jews. You sit here and shill your faggot mindset that people should be faggot cuckold "atheists"
>>
>>72980053
i definitely do brother. i really study the shit and critically think about it for weeks or months before really committing to any of it. even then i'm slightly malleable if new evidence comes up.

it's really a bummer /pol/ is so stupid about some shit. it makes me wonder how they're smart about other stuff... :^\
>>
File: whv6ujwyukyb7q_r-y5vua.png (50 KB, 625x485) Image search: [Google]
whv6ujwyukyb7q_r-y5vua.png
50 KB, 625x485
>>72980621
For a microcosm, even the least religious US states are generally the richest with the highest average IQ's.
>>
>>72980614
Google the school of critical theory (AKA cultural Marxism) and look at the profiles of the founder of this school. And you call yourself red pilled dumb cuck.
>>
>>72980815
I didn't answer your question because it was a non-sequitur. Make an argument if you're even capable of doing so.
>>
I just don't know how any of you can believe there isn't a God. It's so obvious. Everything speaks to it.

I understand that the vast majority of you are degenerates, so you shy away from Christ. Like naughty children before their father, but without if you'll doom your nations.

Men without faith will falter before the faithful, even in the faithful in question are disciples of the devil.
>>
>>72980989
No, it's related because that's what going on in shitholes in Europe where most of them are cuckolded atheists who do nothing.
>>
If religion is make believe, so is everything else. An atheist following a moral code is no more rational than a Christian.
>>
>>72971742
Thanks m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

i just watched it .it is a amazing story and gives hope to sociopaths like myself
>>
>>72980898
Texas is pretty rich dumb cuck
>>
>>72981151
So the solution is to reject Islam, not to start believing in magic. East Asian nations don't have this problem, it's not atheism. Argue atheism, don't link it to something that you just assume is causally linked while you refuse to accept any other possibilities. Like I said before, stay in school, you need it.
>>
>>72980614
the idea is that God told the authors to write the rules. Obviously, you don't seem to believe that a God exists at all, so you would find this rather unconvincing. I will go out on a limb here, and say don't be so certain that God does not exist. The historicity of the Bible is actually a lot better than any historical text being taught in top universities today, yet we deny Christianity but accept historical events like Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon as factually true. If it is the miracles in the Bible that you have difficulty in believing and toss it off as "magic", and le spaghetti monster, I think it's not too far fetched to say that you probably believe in miracles too. Scientists today point out that for carbon life forms to exist today the way it is, as well as the formation of the universe, the chances of these cosmological events to occur is like shooting at a square inch target hundreds of billions of light years away. This too is a miracle is it not?
>>
>>72981344
>he missed the word generally

You've shown that you're genuinely mentally incapable of making arguments.
>>
>>72980614
>wants discussion ;^)
>calls everyone else with a different belief stupid idiots who believe in fairy magic
>I'M OUT FAGGOTS

no OP, u r the faggots
Fuck off, smug degenerate scum.
>>
>>72981381
Wanna know how to reject Islam? It's by doing shit. And what I see is atheists doing jack shit or larping and pretending to be pagans.
>>
>>72981381
>East Asian nations don't have this problem, it's not atheism

Japan has an imploding nation full od perverts and suiciders.
>>
>>72980877
>>72981439
Don't bother, read that post of his and tell me this isn't a shitposting thread
>>
File: Screenshot_49.jpg (14 KB, 326x250) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_49.jpg
14 KB, 326x250
>>72981381
>>72981555

burn
>>
>>72981555
>reject islam

What the fuck are you talking about dude? Muslims are less than 5% of the US population, I don't know why the fuck you're acting like we're going to be taken over by muslims any time soon.
>>
File: Screenshot_50.jpg (72 KB, 650x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_50.jpg
72 KB, 650x480
>>72981737

60% white hahahaha
>>
>>72971782
>the vast majority of people are retarded. why are we telling them stupid stories instead of teaching them to think critically about right & wrong?

The vast majority of those stupid stories serve as not only the basis upon which western civilization was built upon, but are the single most influential texts in the history of the world. The Bible is the single most alluded to book in history. Even if you think they are stupid stories (they aren't, you're just a fucking pleb who can't into literary analysis and appreciation), the majority of major western writers and thinkers either directly respond to or interact with the Bible on some level. Writers from Augustine and the Beowulf poet to Shakespeare to Dostoyevsky to Melville and to Faulkner and pretty much everyone in between is reason enough to take the Bible seriously. Even taking away the religious context of the Bible, it is without a doubt the most important book in the world and you do yourself no service by dismissing it simply because you think religion is stupid.

Also, the principles of rationality and logic were laid out by Aristotle and refined by Aquinas and the other medieval scholastic philosophers, almost all of whom were deeply religious. The very idea of the scientific method and higher education was established and advanced by the Church. You're using the framework which the Church literally built to tear it down. You should probably read some history before you begin spouting memes.

Also,

>STEMfag

There's your problem.
>>
>>72981613
It's a lot more complicated than just atheism. Listen, I'm not subscribing to your bullshit /pol/ memes. My argument is and has been that people know the bible is a myth and they're not going to fucking start following its rules when they know it's just another ancient myth.
>>
>>72981737
> I don't know why the fuck you're acting like we're going to be taken over by muslims any time soon.
I live in Michigan, which has Dearborn, which has a fucking shit-ton of muslims. You goddamn atheist shut the fuck up. Jesus Christ it's bad enough I gotta deal with niggers.
>>
>>72971060
Just no that god is real and he does exist.

But if you don't subscribe to the one true religion, you'll be forced to suffer from the repercussions of breaking the part of their terms and conditions about "Choosing a different company" when you die.

You have about a 1/1000 chance of choosing wrong. So choose wisely.
>>
>>72981838
Another non-sequitur /pol/ meme.
>>
>>72971060
>>72971289
>>72973738

when you go deep in the study of religion (actual theology), instead of blindly following the bible and sermons like a retard, you begin practicing philosophy which is the best way to enlighten your life and try to find your own purpose
>>
>>72981957
Maybe you shouldn't be a white trash loser.
>>
>>72981842
>teaching them to think critically about right & wrong?
Define right
Define wrong
>>
>>72971060
Congratulations, you're smart enough to be a moral atheist.
I've always been a staunch promoter of atheism, but lately I've come to accept that somewhere between 50 and 70 % of people need religious values for a moral life. Society without religion will collapse into degeneracy. Dumb people need the guidance religion gives them. The only way an atheist society will not become degenerate is if we use eugenics to push the average IQ up by a standard deviation or two.
>>
>>72971060
I feel you tbqh famalam. I was actually just talking to my gf about this, we want our children to be raised with some kind of moral structure but we both think religion is shit. We are considering faking it for their sake.
>>
>>72981613

was it china where you could only have 1 kid and they killed the girls ?
>>
File: 1460794711399.jpg (47 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1460794711399.jpg
47 KB, 680x680
Never ceases to amaze me how ANY discussion regarding religion ends up into a huge shitstorm.
>>
>>72982084
Maybe you should stop having your head up your own ass and listen.
>>72982155
It's like we have shitposters or something...
>>
>>72982262
>names the city in the US that's known for muslims
>ignores the fact that it's in no way the norm and muslism are a sliver fraction of the US population

Get your shit together kid.
>>
>>72982044

well 5% muslims no big deal so i had to point out that big nigger dick in the ass what was being ignored
>>
>Don't believe in religious bullshit that involve demons, a 6 day creation, god creating the world with magic, unicorns, dragons and god having to sacrifice his own son.
>Must be a jew or a fedora fag
People who were raised in the faith and afraid of the chance of it being a lie detected.
>>
>>72982380
And with the rest of the context of the situation it was a meaningless post.
>>
>>72982373
Oh wait, I didn't fucking know you lived in Michigan. Oh please, enlighten me about why I shouldn't worry about being near a goddamn Muslim shithole you fucking faggot?
>>72982390
>some faggot coming from a protestant shithole family detected
>>
>>72982104
>moral atheist.
An atheist can only be 'moral' if there is an objective standard of morality. Otherwise it's nothing but "he said-she said"

In otherwords, if the theist is correct, atheists can be moral. If atheists are correct, morality is meaningless bordering on nonsense.

Your patting yourself and OP on the back is mere vanity.
>>
>>72982543
Nothing you said addresses what I said, get your shit together or admit you're wrong.
>>
>>72982720
Anon, it literally doesn't fucking matter what the national fucking population of goddamn Muslims are if I'm near a place where the majority is fucking Muslim you idiot. Holy shit.
>>
>>72982684

This. A thousand times over. Their are only two honest positions a true atheist can hold. One is abject nihilism, the other is suicide. Anything in between is mere delusion.
>>
>>72982849
Sounds like a you problem. Maybe you should move unless you're too poor and trashy. I guess it's not hard to move when you live in a trailer.
>>
>>72982881
LOL

Or you just live for your loved ones and your community. How small minded can you be?
>>
>>72971060

>>72971060

>STEM

Lol. That gives you some authority in matters relating to your technical specialty. It gives you no authority in other domains, like theology, about which you know virtually nothing. Spends a few years reading books on the subject - Evola and Guenon are excellent places to start if you want to know more about spiritualism, religious history, and so forth.

BTW, I was a computer science guy and once as arrogant as you are about religion. When you start doing some reading on your own you'll be surprised at how little you actually know.

A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
>>
>>72982940
>Maybe you should move unless you're too poor and trashy.
Why should I move? Where am I going to get a job?
>>
>>72971060
It's not the religion. It's not the dogmas. Fuck the pope. It's the feeling of certainty. Trumpers know what I'm talking about.

>og meme energy
>>
File: emilia-clarke.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
emilia-clarke.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>72982067
or enter a hopeless morass of nihilism
>>
>>72983057
These are all you problems and I'm glad you admit that you have nothing to bring to the table. Enjoy being dumb, poor, unemployable and religious, fuckstain. It's truly new and groundbreaking.
>>
>>72971060
The masses need religion, without it, they turn to debauchery and degeneracy. It is also a big part of Western culture, and Christianity is important for keeping out the shitskin religions and by extension their shit tier cultures.

I'm agnostic, but I would fight to the death on the side of Christianity in any religious war, and I will also have no issues going to church with my religious grandparents every now and then, for the sake of family, tradition and culture.

Even IF you are some edgelord atheist who sees no benefit to religions, at least recognize that you are able to live in peace and harmony in Christian countries, whereas other religions and cultures would have you strung up by your neck for being a non believer.

Even famous atheists like Dawkins have recently come out in defense of Christianity, now that they realized how harmless and accepting it is compared to Islam.
>>
>>72983161

says the stinking jew the root cause of all our suffering
>>
>>72983073
Please go back reddit. Faggots like you that spam threads with Pepe and ruin him are trash.
>>72983244
>I'm glad you admit that you have nothing to bring to the table.
And I'm glad I'm talking to some rich faggot that thinks you can move where ever the fuck you want. Please have sex.
>>
>>72982543
>Church teaches that the wine is literally the blood of jesus.
>Church places a pope which rubs immigrants feet as the representive of god on earth.
>The church teaches that you fold your hands while praying to avoid the devil sitting on them.
>The church got popular over forcing people to convert by threat of death or exile.
>This church is any better then the protestants.
You church is just as idiotic as the protestant ones that speak in yidish and dance around.
>>
File: Cube-Folding.gif (404 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Cube-Folding.gif
404 KB, 200x200
>>72971060
religion is the cornerstone and outer boundaries of your consciousness. if your thoughts and actions are lead by truth, love and selflesness, you are follower of christ. expand your mind on what you are doing and why, then you will find your god. it´s not a story of something, it´s what you are
>>
File: 1395644237773.jpg (30 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1395644237773.jpg
30 KB, 247x247
>>72983483
>you have to be rich to move somewhere else

Holy shit man, this is just fucking sad. Please give up to save the cringe. I'm done with your pathetic ass.
>>
>>72983483
What are you even talking about? You should get out of your room more..
>>
>>72972404
Read NT Wright
>>
>>72983522
>Church teaches that the wine is literally the blood of jesus.
And?
>Church places a pope which rubs immigrants feet as the representive of god on earth.
Are you a Jesuit? Because no one here is a faggot Jesuit.
>The church teaches that you fold your hands while praying to avoid the devil sitting on them.
proofs?
>The church got popular over forcing people to convert by threat of death or exile.
This is bad because?
>This church is any better then the protestants.
Rome.
>>72983655
Not as sad as the faggot atheist who jerks off to his bullshit and claims I should move.
>>72983696
You know damn well what I'm talking about.
>>
>>72982155
/pol/ is a Christian board what do you expect
>>
>>72974499
Historical Jesus is accepted by all respected academics. Earliest letters of Paul claiming Jesus rose again were 20-25 years after the fact
>>
>>72983014
The problem arises by you actually assuming things like love for loved ones actual has any inherent metaphysical teleological end. The materialist atheist position denied metaphysical realities. Thus your love for your loved ones is merely a distraction from the ultimate meaningnessless of your existences. The moment you begin to talk about love and hate and human values is the moment you stop being a true atheist. You appeal to transcendent ideals which you deny. Thus you are delusional. Hence why you can't be a true atheist and not a total nihilist.
>>
>>72983934
You sure have a weird way of agreeing with people..
>>
>>72983014
says the anon who isn't looking beyond his little microcosm.

"loved ones". Who are these people? Why are they loved by you, or else why do they love you? Do they "love" you for your own sake, or for their own?

What is this love you speak of?
>>
>>72984131
>atheists can't feel love

This is what christcucks actually believe. I'm also agnostic.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 320x180
>>72984269

>What is this love you speak of?
>>
>>72984269
>my loved ones
>because we know, trust and love eachother
>"I don't understand love"

I also said I live for my community, I work, I pay taxes, I am kind and caring to the people I see every day and I spread positivity wherever I go. The non-religious are normal people with feelings you fedora lord.
>>
>>72971060
Nowadays you just have to say you're Christian so as to not offend the "Christian Conservatives"
>>
>>72984337

Actually, I'm quite aware that atheists can feel love. That's the whole point. Most atheists are just as blindly dogmatic as evangelicals, basing their arguments on platitudes and emotional appeal, without ever feeling the need to investigate their own worldview.

I never said atheists can't feel love. Indeed, the existence of love is one of the great arguments against atheism. But way to misframe my whole argument in favor of sophistry.
>>
>>72984703
>the existence of love is an argument against atheism

Give up, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>72984337
if you are an atheist, love is a just biochemical reaction, and all the feels and virtues you believe stems from it are delusion
>>
>>72984811
It doesn't matter what you believe in fuckboy, love is verifiably a biochemical process in your nervous system. You still feel love even though you know that reality. This is fucking hilarious. People think like this??
>>
>>72982006
Christianity accepts that other religions can have parts of the truth but not the whole thing. Early Christian theology was openly based on neoplatonism. Atheists claim all religions miss the mark entirely
>>
>>72984537
>he non-religious are normal people with feelings you fedora lord.

No one is saying that atheists can't feel love or find value in the things you are talking about. Indeed, as a theist and Catholic I would claim that these are the things that make life worth living. The problem arises, again, out of the fact that the atheist WORLDVIEW (not atheists themselves) can not ascribe teleological and ontological supremacy to these ideals, because the position itself denies these realities.
>>
>>72984800

Good counter bro. You really showed me. I'll take my ball and go home now.
>>
>>72983934
>And?
Fucking kids is bad enough but straightforward teaching them lies is even worse.
>Are you a Jesuit? Because no one here is a faggot Jesuit.
I am an atheist not a jesuit the pope is supposed to be your leader in your faith. Many catholics look up to the pope as a source for healing.
>Proofs?
I got it from a story of an ex catholic i do not have the direct source but it was taught in a sunday school.
>This is bad because?
because If anyone other faith did that to your religion you would start an uprising.
>rome.
So what a man saw a magical vision and decided to build his church there? that is the only difference.
>>
>>72971060
I was nonreligious for awhile but I converted to Catholicism and its been a major life upgrade, idk if it's true or not but I have faith and hope that it is.
>>
>>72984968
Love is to will the good of another person. You're speaking of a subjective sensation
>>
>>72984968
>love is verifiably a biochemical process in your nervous system

Ok but that's the point. If it's only a biochemical process then what purpose does it serve? You could say survival functions or social functions but you are again left with the problem of, if we know this to be the case, why bother worrying about them. Life is simply a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
>>
>>72985007
>The problem arises, again, out of the fact that the atheist WORLDVIEW (not atheists themselves) can not ascribe teleological and ontological supremacy to these ideals, because the position itself denies these realities.

Just as wrong. Nothing about atheism says love is fake or meaningless, you are just genuinely unintelligent and incapable of understanding.
>>
>>72985047
You honestly should
>>
>>72984968
Then you talking about feeling love/loving/being loved is nonsense. It is no different than any other biochemical reaciton. Not good. Not bad. It just is.

I will say it again.

IF theism is true, atheists can be moral.
IF atheism is true, morality is nonsense.
>>
>>72984968
>being this retarded
prove to me that love is objectively meaningful in a naturalistic world view
>>
>>72985067
There's been plenty of sub-par Popes over the years, the office is more important than the office-holder.
>>
>>72985163
Reproduction since a couple who falls in love and has a child is more likely to have the child survive then a single parent.
>>
>>72985163
>why bother worrying about them if we understand how they actually work

Because you still have feelings even if you learn how the brain works, it's hysterical that you cannot wrap your head around this very simple concept.
>>
>>72985259
>IF atheism is true, morality is nonsense.

o u
>>
>>72971060
>first week in /pol/: the post
>>
>>72985165

But the denial of the eternal actual presupposes the denial of the transcendent and metaphysical. If all we are are chemical reactions that we serve ultimately no teleological end and things such as love, justice, art, etc. are merely distractions from our inevitable demise.
>>
>>72985344
not an argument
>>
>>72985067
>Fucking kids is bad enough but straightforward teaching them lies is even worse.
It isn't a lie you fag.
>I am an atheist not a jesuit the pope is supposed to be your leader in your faith. Many catholics look up to the pope as a source for healing.
So what? He's the Pope. The Pope is an office.
>I got it from a story of an ex catholic i do not have the direct source but it was taught in a sunday school.
Then it's his bullshit explanation
>because If anyone other faith did that to your religion you would start an uprising.
So you like rebellions?
>So what a man saw a magical vision and decided to build his church there? that is the only difference.
No, a man died in Rome and was suppose to spread the word of Christ.
>>
>>72985302
You're looking at it from a reductionist and emotionless perspective, probably because you're depressed.
>>
File: atheists_BTFO.jpg (66 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
atheists_BTFO.jpg
66 KB, 850x400
>>72971060
>>
>>72985325

And again, if we know this to be true, then we also know that it is simply a chemical process which serves no metaphysical purpose and is thus a delusion generated by the mind to place importance on something that ultimately means nothing.

I'm beating a dead horse here...are you fedorafags really this dense?
>>
>>72971060

religion is a vital maintainer of societal order, it keeps degenerates in check basically. Believe or no the repercussions you face for bad behaviour are real.
>>
>>72985467
>emotionless perspective
surely a euphoric intelligent genius atheistic nonsphagetti monster savant like you wouldn't appeal to muh feels, would you?
>>
>>72985467
You're taking "love" for granted

Also that is not an argument.
>>
calling things 'bullshit' without justification makes you look retarded
look up what objective morality is about
>>
>>72985398
I'm too fucking old for this board apparently. These are the thoughts of an 18 year old in college. You'll break out of this edgy nihilist phase eventually, or you might just fuck up your whole life.

I'm done arguing with chirstians on 4chan.

>>72985688
I never take love for granted, it's the best thing in life. I hope you grow up one day.

>>72985649
t. literal high schooler
>>
>>72985335
>Because you still have feelings even if you learn how the brain works

I don't know how else to put this. Feelings don't equate to an ontological, eschatological, or teleology purpose. They are simply chemical reactions which again only serve to escape the fear of nothingness (this is the atheist viewpoint, at least). I'm not denying the existence of these things, I'm simply stating that the atheist position assumes things things have inherent metaphysical value and at the same time denies metaphysical realities. What's so hard to understand about this concept?
>>
>>72971782
Because you can't throw people in theology just by snapping your fingers, just like you can't throw anybody into a deep field of mathematics or any scientific.
It comes with a long time of education and process to study.
Retarded religious nutjobs are just like retarded atheists who just spout a pleb-version of whatever they like.

One of the reason why we are getting less religious and don't grasp anything religious is because we don't teach theology (or Bible studies) OR philosophy at school anymore. It takes years and patience, just like how you don't become suddenly good at maths or physics or anything else. And when we do (like in highschool), it's just a light version with a broad view about everything.
>>
>>72985466
>It isn't a lie you fag
Why yes it fucking is a lie priests knowingly tell the lies even if they don't believe it.
>So what he is the pope the pope is an office?
He is supposed to be the christ figure of the modern age he is looked up to by over a billion people and you have a cuck right now.
>Then it is a bullshit explanation
So you can drop all the charges the priests currently sitting in prison have since kids are just lying about being touched.
>So you like rebellions?
How is this relevant to the topic?
>No, a man died in Rome and was suppose to spread the word of Christ.
The word of christ is the most mistranslated word around since thousands of christian churches all teach different things.
>>
>>72985814
zero counter argument
appeals to emotion
no proof of love as objectively meaningful

> lteral high schooler

WEW LAD
>>
>>72985814
>I never take love for granted, it's the best thing in life. I hope you grow up one day.
not an argument
>>
>>72971060
Just be a Quaker. People will think you are super religious, when you are actually "historically Christian" and more like UU.
>>
>>72985814
>You'll break out of this edgy nihilist phase eventually, or you might just fuck up your whole life.

Except I'm not an edgy nihilist. Quite the contrary. I'm merely following the atheist position to its logical conclusion. This is shit Nietzsche figured out and went insane because of it.

>I never take love for granted, it's the best thing in life. I hope you grow up one day.
OK. I would agree. But what makes it the best thing in life and were does this worth come from?
>>
File: reac (66).jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
reac (66).jpg
94 KB, 640x640
>>72971060
>Am I missing anything?
Yes you're literally missing everything. I'm also a computer science graduate and i used be an atheist as well, the thing is, the experience you call "life" is simply a path for consciousness evolution towards lower entropy states, in other words, evolution towards love. If you understand how love and intent literally affects your reality even on the physical level (read the book from NASA physicist Tom Campbell and watch his videos as a starting point) you will later understand that religions are basically powerful frameworks built over these principles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwvImf92XiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhMIz_iJtzQ
>>
>>72985992
>Why yes it fucking is a lie priests knowingly tell the lies even if they don't believe it.
It isn't a lie you faggot, give me proofs that it's a total lie.
>He is supposed to be the christ figure of the modern age he is looked up to by over a billion people and you have a cuck right now.
You fucking idiot. That's Peter. Peter isn't Christ you retard.
>So you can drop all the charges the priests currently sitting in prison have since kids are just lying about being touched.
Why would anyone do that? They abused the system and should get punished.
>How is this relevant to the topic?
How is it not?
>The word of christ is the most mistranslated word around since thousands of christian churches all teach different things.
Then blame the protestants and Martin Luther for translating the bible you fag.
>>
>>72986043
>no proof of love as objectively meaningful
lol. Literally kill yourself, autist trash.
>>
>>72980155
you should rethink your idea of success, western nations may be economically successful but socially they're terrible: lots of social isolation, mental illness epidemics, obesity, drug abuse, high divorce rates - and that's only including the things everyone agrees are an issue - I'd include the loss of traditional gender roles and too much reliance on the rule of law to preserve order (instead of politeness and cultivation of respect).

without even trying to make it that way the absence of Christianity is directly related to all of those issues - they would all be reduced if we still had Christianity. I realise it isn't as simple as saying "well, let's take it up again" though.
>>
>>72986373
you try then. Why is love objectively meaningful?
it may not be, but the guy was claiming it is.

>tfw you realize you can't defend your position and have to turn to name calling
>>
>>72986043

edgy
>>
File: lol.jpg (26 KB, 291x400) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
26 KB, 291x400
it makes me really sad my first popular post on 4chan made me realize that /pol/ is actually retarded and only capable of spouting memes. :^ (

please learn to think logically. there is no magic moon god.

when science proves all subatomic particles are connected by some intricate web, don't try to steal credit and call it God. just take your loss like the retarded faggots you have always been, and will always be.

amen
>>
>>72971060
Society can be split into 3 distinct groups of power control: government, families, and religion. Government controls aspects of day to day life in the country, and establishes rules of physical conduct for people to follow. Families control societal ties, and often establish rules for peer to peer communication and behavior (in other words, what you learn from your family helps to determine how you treat others and how you act in life). The third and final group is religion, which is society's method of establishing a moral baseline for its population. Religion teaches people moral systems to follow and gives people a reason to look to the future, aside from waiting for the next paycheck.

I'm not saying that religion controls society, but I am saying that it's one of the 3 basic influences on societies everywhere. No matter what society you study, they're always influenced by laws, culture, and morals (what I refer to as government, families, and religion)

Religion is necessary simply because it's something which can influence how societies function. Even if religion is replaced with atheism, the core belief against the existence of a God is a religion of itself, if you take its influence over society into account.

You just can't have a society without religion. It's one of the major players in national influence, and so it will almost always remain, no matter what form it takes.
>>
>>72986373
By all means, demonstrate what makes love objectively meaningful under a naturalist worldview.
>>
>>72971060
Having a sense of spiritual soundness is very important to your sub conscience, and it seems that religious people are much happier than atheists.
Christianity has had a major impact on western civ, and so therefore socially, we can keep people united through Christianity, but i ask that you seek revelation on what you think about religion, but i don't think that science can prove or disprove the existence of God. Good luck in your endeavors.
>>
>>72986628
>when science proves all subatomic particles are connected by some intricate web, don't try to steal credit and call it God. just take your loss like the retarded faggots you have always been, and will always be.

It will still fail to answer the question of where the particles came from and how the laws for those particles to sustain developed.

Aquinas still stands strong.
>>
>>72986339
>It isn't a lie you faggot, give me proofs that it's a total lie.
It is absurd to believe that the cracker is jesus's broken body and the wine is the blood. It makes no sense and you are the one who has to prove it.
>You fucking idiot. That's Peter. Peter isn't Christ you retard.
Paul and peter founded the church and the pope is supposed to be the representive of christ on earth.
>Why would anyone do that? They abused the system and should get punished.
Because kids stories cannot be trusted because a kid said so.
>How is it not?
Because it is a different topic then the one at hand.
>Then blame the protestants and Martin Luther for translating the bible you fag.
You are the ones that caused your church to split blame yourself.

Your ass is gonna have to repent to the priest before sunday mass for your filthy mouth.
>>
>>72986520

You would first have to define what love is and then go on to determine it's teleological end. You can't do this in an atheist framework without the whole house crumbling down around you.
>>
>>72986872
>It is absurd to believe that the cracker is jesus's broken body and the wine is the blood. It makes no sense and you are the one who has to prove it.
It isn't.
>Paul and peter founded the church and the pope is supposed to be the representive of christ on earth.
You mean Vicar of Christ, Second to Christ.
>Because kids stories cannot be trusted because a kid said so.
So? It's sexual abuse. That's wrong.
>Because it is a different topic then the one at hand.
No it's not, they converted peacefully and now they aren't going to rebel.
>You are the ones that caused your church to split blame yourself.
Martin Luther could of became a Saint if he didn't act autistic and sperg out.
>>
>>72987036
Yes, I agree with you. Claming to have meaning in love in an atheist framework is delusional. People in this thread don't seem to get it tho
>>
>>72972404
Well what do you believe. how do you know what is true.
>>
>>72986872
>its absurd because its absurd
You didn't learn what a proof is in STEM?
>>
>>72987405
>You didn't learn what a proof is in STEM?

For how much stock STEMfags seem to put into logic and reason, they sure don't know jack and shit about any of it.
>>
>>72987405
the sky is blue because it's blue

evidence: it's blue
>>
>>72973347
But where does your critical thinking come from. are you critical of your critical thinking. How can logic prove logic
>>
File: reac (61).jpg (583 KB, 805x1024) Image search: [Google]
reac (61).jpg
583 KB, 805x1024
>>72987036
As a technical term, Love is defined as the absence of entropy in consciousness.The most profitable internal arrangement within a digital consciousness system is achieved when the various groups of bits interact cooperatively for long-term mutual profitability. It is this cooperative interaction at its best (lowest entropy) that is defined as love. Within consciousness, it exists as a continuum of quality from very little to very much desu senpai
>>
>>72987703
>what is rayleigh scattering
>>
>>72986709
This has nothing to do with religion you fucking dumb faggot
>>
>>72987703
There is no "sky"; and what you call a "sky" only looks blue to you. You're just describing your phenomenal experience.
>>
>>72988030
Not an argument.

What makes love objectively meaningful under a naturalist worldview?
>>
>>72988030
>being this dense
religion is a point of reference that can make claims such that love is objectively meaningful if a loving God exists
>>
>>72971060
Even if you're an atheist/agnostic, you should recognize the advantages of religion as a unifier of populations. It is absolutely necessary for a country to have a strong religion.
>>
File: Rene-guenon-1925.jpg (20 KB, 346x350) Image search: [Google]
Rene-guenon-1925.jpg
20 KB, 346x350
>>72986628

>“The general features, then, of characteristically modern thought are these: complete absence of metaphysical knowledge, negation of all knowledge that is not scientific, and arbitrary limitation of scientific knowledge itself to certain particular domains, excluding the rest. Such is the depth of intellectual degradation to which the West has sunk since it left those paths that the rest of mankind follows as a matter of course”.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.