[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Celsus also claimed that Christianity was against personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Aulus_Cornelius_Celsus.jpg (24 KB, 245x367) Image search: [Google]
Aulus_Cornelius_Celsus.jpg
24 KB, 245x367
>Celsus also claimed that Christianity was against personal betterment, as that could cause their followers to discover the fallacies within their religion. Celsus declared that Christians convert by “lead[ing] on wicked men by empty hopes, and to persuade them to despise better things, saying that if they refrain from them it will be better…”

People from 2000 years ago understood that christianity is bullshit, so why can't /pol/?
>>
Like I'm going to let a Roman lecture me. Was he a slaver, a pedophile or both?
>>
File: muslim scholar BTFOs the quran.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
muslim scholar BTFOs the quran.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
It's the same shit as Islam.
>>
>>72969497
Pagan master race.

>>72969617
There is exactly nothing wrong with slavery or breeding with females that have passed puberty.
>>
>>72969617
> In his opinion, the main tenet of Christianity was “Do not ask questions, just believe” and “Thy faith will save thee".

>this is how christcucks refute arguments

No surprise really. After all, instead of refuting criticism they just burned all the books they didn't like
>>
>>72969762
>There is nothing wrong with slavery
>Romans were fucking girls
>Romans were fucking people past puberty
There's a reason so many prominent Romans had no children of their own and adopted, lad.
>>
>>72969497
Because it's a meme.
>>
>Christianity was against personal betterment

yeah, because learning to love your neighbors and forgive your enemies and to walk the righteous path and appreciate the glory of God and everything around you will in no way make you a better person...
>>
>>72969994
>that's right go.. er... I mean fellow christian, just give all your belongings to the church, it's not like you'll need them in the glorious afterlife that awaits you.
>oh and just let those pesky jews handle all the money matters. It's not like thinking for yourself will do any good for you. Here, recite this prayer instead.
>>
>>72969497
Christianity is the great shame of Europe and the white man. We don't need it and we should not want it.
>>
File: Gascoigne a cute.png (51 KB, 318x350) Image search: [Google]
Gascoigne a cute.png
51 KB, 318x350
>>72969497
>quoting a dissenter whose only known recording is from a Christian Scholar about to refute his shit
>>
File: 1446659782285.png (58 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
1446659782285.png
58 KB, 393x255
>During the transition to the Christian Empire, Symmachus argued that Rome's continued prosperity and stability depended on preserving the mos maiorum, while the early Christian poet Prudentius dismissed the blind adherence to tradition as "the superstition of old grandpas" (superstitio veterum avorum) and inferior to the new revealed truth of Christianity.
it's like pottery, it rhymes
>>
Christianity is bullshit, but so is any other religion.

But if it makes you so scared on being judged after you die that you help others and donate to charities, I don't see the harm.
>>
>>72970859
Christianity gets a free pass to this because it's actually true.
>>
File: 1462298553071.jpg (42 KB, 532x509) Image search: [Google]
1462298553071.jpg
42 KB, 532x509
>>72971195
yeah sure thing m8, I mean come on, of course
>>
File: ehhhh.jpg (119 KB, 380x438) Image search: [Google]
ehhhh.jpg
119 KB, 380x438
>>72970294
10/10 meme argument bro, shows your complete understanding of the topic. Christianity focuses more on your character, it condemns money because money leads to greed. In all honestly the Christian church pushes you to be the best with skills God gave you, there's nothing stopping you from improving but there is things to stop you from being immoral.
>>
>>72970859
Well damn, that's silly.
>>
>>72970859
>people don't see the symmetry to modern times
Those who do not learn from history...
>>
>>72971062
Religion is probably inbuilt into humans - it exists in every culture all through history and across the world now. It's lack of religion which is the exception.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.