[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRUMP/WEBB 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: CRd-JLJUkAAql1M.png (411 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
CRd-JLJUkAAql1M.png
411 KB, 600x463
Is this all but confirmed? He hinted at it today on MJ

"I think that a lot of people are talking about certain names and certainly those are the names we're thinking of"

"I think I'll probably go the political route, somebody who can help me with legislation, somebody who can help me get things passed, somebody who's been friends with the senators and the congressmen so we don't have to go the executive order route as much as Obama did."

When asked about a General "It's something I've thought of and there's one person I think is very good but I think I'll go the political route"

If not Webb than who? Rubio? I don't think he has as much respect in both parties as Webb and he doesn't have as much experience. Trump already has plans for Sessions. Rand or Santorum would be the only other good options I can think of.
>>
bump for the dream team
>>
It'll be Cruz. It's his only way into the White House now. Trump needs Cruz's votes.

They'll come out in a few days/weeks and say they've put their differences behind them and are resuming the fight against the Democrats.
>>
>>72951029

It won't happen for a few reasons: 1) too much bad blood 2) Cruz is really disliked outside of his narrow base 3) Trump will win Texas anyway and get Gov Abbot's endorsement(Abbot hinted at it last night) 4) there is still concerns whether Cruz can even run
>>
>>72951029
Won't be Cruz.

The evangelical right has been a fucking plague on the GOP. Picking Cruz as a running mate gives the left every excuse to continue painting Trump as some kind of far right nutjob instead of as a center-right figure out to unify the country.
>>
File: jim webbed.jpg (43 KB, 660x500) Image search: [Google]
jim webbed.jpg
43 KB, 660x500
>>72950652
Trump is - objectively - one of the strongest possible choices for a running mate.

1) His decades in the military and in Congress brings decades of leadership and political experience to the ticket.

2) His service as ASOD and SECNAV in the Reagan Administration brings credibility to Trump's foreign policy and national security platform.

3) His military service and work with the VA all-but-guarantees Trump wins support from veterans, active duties, and their families.

4) His appeal to working class whites could help Trump flip Democratic strongholds in the Rust Belt and the East Coast

5) He doesn't bring any kind of political baggage to the ticket. He's had no major scandals in his career and as a *literal* war hero his character is beyond reproach.

6) Running the first cross-party candidate since Lincoln/Johnson 150 years ago sends a strong message that Trump is a different kind of president, someone above bipartisanship, someone who doesn't give a shit about party lines, but instead cares about picking the best people for the job. Which will be all the more relevant to framing the narrative of the campaign when Clinton either picks a token woman or minority like Warren or Castro, or some embedded establishment guy like Kaine or Warner.
>>
File: trumpwebb.png (395 KB, 550x315) Image search: [Google]
trumpwebb.png
395 KB, 550x315
>>72952382

He would destroy the interventionist policies against Hillary's VP on the debate stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiuYCZ9Xiw
>>
>>72950652
He's stated that his VP WILL be a Republican
>>
>>72952382

Not to mention he literally produced a fucking MOVIE starring Samuel Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_Engagement_(film)
>>
>>72952663

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLEEmP2ssE
>>
>>72952663
Source?
>>
>>72952739
Wtf I never knew this. Badass. I'm gonna watch that shit when I get home.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.