[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump and Climate Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: global-warming.jpg (139 KB, 800x872) Image search: [Google]
global-warming.jpg
139 KB, 800x872
can /pol/ explain to me why trump doesn't believe in man-made climate change and insists it was invented by chinese? i had some classes at uni awhile back so i know a little bit but i'm assuming i don't really know shit on this topic because i'm not even a scientist. still voting for him, just wanna know why trump says its not real.
>>
If you can understand trade deals and derivatives, then you can understand a "sustainable" economy.
>>
File: 15487874.jpg (2 MB, 3117x1979) Image search: [Google]
15487874.jpg
2 MB, 3117x1979
It makes no sense how anyone can deny it. You can't remove so many trees and produce so much Co2 without the composition of the atmosphere changing drastically.
>>
>>72943990
>all these current forests in Siberia
>tfw all of them will be chopped down soon because P*tun sells our land to the fucking Chinese literally for free
JUST
U
S
T
>>
OP here, i feel trump would have a good explanation for this but i can't seem to find any answers on it but oh well if it stays this way maybe he'll change his mind later
>>
>>72943990
So I was listening to NPR yesterday again, and they were sounding the alarm that the government had to spend an entire $42M or whatever (a vanishing fraction of any meme candidates campaign) to force an entire town off their oceanfront property in the name of saving them from climate change. This was heralded as a noble necessity.

This was not long after running a story of how some big desert on the East coast of Africa was so beautiful and needed to be kept safe for the natives who live there so outsiders wouldn't come in and plunder it.
>>
I find it ironic that many people who claim to be "red pilled" are so strongly against man-made climate change, despite there being a large amount of scientific evidence supporting that it's true. Their main claim those scientists are being paid by the EU to spout those "lies", but do they ever consider that maybe the climate scientists they cite might also be paid by big oil companies?

They don't even seem to think that there are too many people, despite the fact that we're non-stop polluting this planet just by existing. For example, cars. When you leave your car on in the garage, it builds up CO gas, toxic to life. We're essentially doing this on a global scale - millions of cars left running, the gas has nowhere to go but into the atmosphere. We're slowly killing ourselves, and a lot of people seem to just ignore it.
>>
>>72944460
thats the problem i'm having here. there's a huge reason to pay someone to research climate change but there's a huge reason to pay someone to deny climate change. and we still haven't really found solid evidence on whose right and whose wrong.
>>
>>72944460
Well I guess we could use the various antitrust laws to break up Standard Oil again. Or would that require too much scientific research to figure out?
>>
File: brady1.jpg (199 KB, 800x721) Image search: [Google]
brady1.jpg
199 KB, 800x721
There is nothing we can do to stop it
We just have to adapt
Throwing money at climate change researchers is a waste
It'd be better spent on putting a colony on the moon
>>
>>72944904

But 'adapting' will mean taking in hundreds of millions of Africans and arabs.
>>
>>72946218
The goyim must learn to adapt to the new order of things, even if they are scared of it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: muslim.jpg (12 KB, 223x344) Image search: [Google]
muslim.jpg
12 KB, 223x344
>>72946218
>taking in
Hahaha
>>
>>72944904
The moon doesn't exist as you understand it. It's really small and about 3,000 miles up and can't be lived on I think.
>>
>>72943860
>i had some classes at uni awhile back so i know a little bit
Congratulations on your indoctrination.
>>
Climate change isn't man made you fucking retards. You probably saw that shitty Oscar bait Al Gore movie and think you know everything about climate now.

There are temperature circles that earth goes through all the fucking time. Scientists started measuring climate in 1840 or something and saving the data and that's why they make you think that because of technology and humans the Earth is warming. But it's obvious that before that throughout history heat and cold rising circles were happening every few centuries or so. Just because we are now in one of heat rising circles it doesn't mean it's caused by humans. Don't make me even start on how co2 and heating aren't almost related at all:

>in the 1990′s the classic Vostok ice core graph showed temperature and carbon in lock step moving at the same time. It made sense to worry that carbon dioxide did influence temperature. But by 2003 new data came in and it was clear that carbon lagged behind temperature. The link was back to front. Temperatures appear to control carbon, and while it’s possible that carbon also influences temperature these ice cores don’t show much evidence of that. After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial.
>>
Yes goy, pay your carbon tax. You beasts destroy the earth with your very breath!
>>
>>72944722
>Standard Oil
you mean the company that had their marketshare shattered from 85% to 40% before a single antitrust regulation had been passed
>>
>>72943860
How is that everybody forgets about SUN?
Yes SUN.
SUN has the biggest impact on climate.
Humans are like tiny little ant hairs compared to the SUN.

Do the math:
calculate how much energy humans consume and how much energy sun gives to the earth
>>
>>72946529

I suspect you'll get some too.

>>72946897

It starts...

>muh lag. Yes, this has happened in the past. Warming oceans releasing more co2. The lag is usually around 200 years. This time they are raising in tandem. But if you are right, it means we can expect a mass release of co2 from the oceans any time soon right? Problem being we are already at levels of co2 not seen in a million years. So where is this excess from?
>>
>>72947217
No, I mean the one that got over halfway put back together with government merger approval.

Or we could talk about British Petroleum, all the way from Iran to the destruction of the Gulf of Mexico, all with government approval.
>>
>>72947311

Fucked that up a bit...

Either way, the lag thing is not what is happening this time.
>>
>>72944460

And ignoring it is all we can realistically do. It would be too expensive to reverse or fix. Cheaper and more efficient to continue as is. Life and humans can adapt.
>>
>>72943860
We are on the tail end of an ice age the earth has been warming for like the last 40 thousand years. We can only effect the climate to a small degree. Pollution on the other hand is very real. He said that it was a scam because we regulate ourselves very harshly and China and India don't give a fuck about the environment. We recycle everything and they dump poison directly into their water ways. Guess who can make your iPod cheaper? That's what he was getting at. We hold our company's accountable for their environmental impact while buying everything from countries who are completely deregulated. If the world actually gave a shit about global warming Chinese imports whoud have been boycotted decades ago. But no the West uses it to strong arm company's while ignoring the big foreign offenders. That is why it is Bullshit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.