[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /pol/, I have a question. Why do we not condone safe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1460841573181.gif (28 KB, 600x675) Image search: [Google]
1460841573181.gif
28 KB, 600x675
Alright /pol/, I have a question.

Why do we not condone safe spaces and trigger warnings? They are literally a foolproof way to keep a certain type of person away from a certain area. All you have to do is say "Trigger warning: offensive content!" and then immediately, you know your entire audience will be reasonable and level headed people. It's such a simple way to block scum from entering, why don't we endorse it?
>>
>>72943160
Because they create people who will not under any circumstance allow outside opinions, meaning you create people who cannot be reasoned with.

Hell even /pol/ adapts to new info as it comes along, and we're very "anti" everybody else and their opinions, but we still manage to adapt because we're not a "safe" space, we're just a space.
>>
>>72944795
Trigger warnings are used to let sensitive people know when to not enter, all we need to do is use it to our advantage
>>
>>72943160

It's just a form of censorship from shitty people.
>>
well triggre warnings can have there use like when you just dont have the stomac for gore or something.
but the safespaces are a longterm problem, if people get used to have places made "safe" for them outside there home then over long or short they will want that in more places, thats exactly whats happening right now all those sjw idiots had there universitys made safe from desenting opinions from them and now they want more...
slippery slope or not shit is already happening
>>
>>72945475
In theory yes, but in practice you are having to edit your own habits and data entry to appease somebody else.

So as a result, you're posting info with a filter, because some idiots asked you too.

I'm mainly opposed to trigger warnings because of the whole "Duh you have too, my feelings" shit.
>>
File: im a tits guy.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
im a tits guy.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
hello can someone post the OP's comic where the bird guy trys to kill himself because he remembers and embarrassing memory?
>>
>you know your entire audience will be reasonable and level headed people

Arguing with inflammatory and unreasonable people is better.
>>
>>72945770
plus safe spaces from desenting opinions directly go against freedom of speech, the 2 things go directly against each other and in my eyes freedom of opinion and to state that opinion is more emportant then quote unquote emotinal safty
>>
>>72946057
id rather be called a dump fat fuck all day every day and have the option to tell him to go fuck himself then everyone constantly having to go on eggshells with each other and needing to rethink constantly what is ok to say and what is not
>>
>>72946236
and now that that was said in the name of free speach:
YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS! and i wouldent have it any other way
>>
>>72943160
>>72945475
No one has ever not read something because of a trigger warning. No significant amount of people will ever use a "safe space" because of their triggering. People continue to spout their dogmatic viewpoints on these things because they submit to any ideas that pop out of the SJW gospel. The SJW "movement" is a vocal minority. As far as I can tell the anti-SJW/anti-PC people give them way more credit and attention than they deserve. For the most part it will fizzle out on its own
>>
>>72943160
If they don't hear new things, then they can be manipulated on their ignorance.
People, at least in America, have a civil duty to be well educated. Look how well that's going.
>>
>>72946713
if there are so few of them then how are they infiltrating so many aspects of modern culture?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.