[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is /pol/s opinion on digital nomads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: DigitalNomad-Long-Term-Travel.jpg (764 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DigitalNomad-Long-Term-Travel.jpg
764 KB, 1000x667
>tfw can live anywhere
>tfw pay no taxes because move country every month
>tfw being totaly free

Digital nomad = ultimate red pill/completely uncucked from society
>>
>>72942238

>move country every month

Explain how this would work.
>>
Usually the guys who are most obsessed with the idea of it are the very guys unable to actually do it themselves.
>>
Cyber Gypsies
>>
>>72942238
You don't get cash in hand, Albertõ. You'll have a tax liability somewhere.
>>
>>72942238
Hobos with laptops
>>
>>72942493
No you don't

income tax is based on residency

don't be a resident anywhere - become a nonstop tourist
>>72942348
>Explain how this would work.

Webdesign/owning web property/internetzstuff
>>
I am taking a coding bootcamp soon.
I wanna be able to work from anywhere and be a nomad.
I hope its not too hard I suck at math.
>>
>>72942617

>Webdesign/owning web property/internetzstuff

..I wasn't asking about the employment, but rather about the legality of constantly moving.
>>
>>72942670

Anyone can make a living on the internet.

Although USA is one of the only countries to still want your income tax, even if you don't actually live in the USA

You're taxcucked im afraid
>>
>>72942742
Schengen zone?

I can go anywhere in europe, rent an airbnb for a month or two. That's it.

If you go to far off places then you have to deal with visas and stuff, but I've been 3 months in thailand, 4 in vietnam, 3 in cambodia. Was incredible

>tfw living like a king in 3d world country

Planning on doing Vienna sometimes this year actually
>>
>>72942742
Pretty sure if you have a passport and are presentable you can travel anywhere for short term vacations up to a few weeks.
I mean I am sure there are places more difficult to travel to due to certain restrictions but thats just how it is.
>>
>>72942617
Tax residency is not the same thing as residency.

If you're a citizen of the mendicant states of Southern Europe you might be able to pull that shit but certainly not in the Anglosphere.
>>
>>72942909

Bullshit mate.

I know loads of people from the UK who havn't lived there in years and also don't pay tax there anymore.

Why on earth would you pay tax to a system that you aren't even in?

That sounds an awful lot like the usa, where you pay basically just to have your american passport.

If I'm not using healthcare/infastructure/building a pension etc in a country then i don't owe it shit.
>>
File: choochide.png (187 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
choochide.png
187 KB, 400x288
>>72942238
You can never escape society cucking :^).
>>
>>72943603

Going to do my bloody best then panama ;)
>>
>>72942888
>Pretty sure if you have a passport and are presentable you can travel anywhere for short term vacations up to a few weeks.
Being white also helps immensely, though I guess that is included in looking presentable.
>>
File: this.png (2 MB, 1198x756) Image search: [Google]
this.png
2 MB, 1198x756
>>72942238
>b me, britbottle
>own an offshore foundation of which I am the prime beneficiary
>foundation owns two companies which rewinvoice each other
>domain names, web design and development, internet marketing
>pay ZERO tax anywhere
>foundation owns all my properties in UK, Panama, Thailand and US
>last decade yielded 2.74M GBP
>mfw when I live and work anywhere I please
>feels Goodman
>>
File: ladaniva - Copy.jpg (272 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ladaniva - Copy.jpg
272 KB, 1280x960
Americans also get the first 95k of their income (increases every year just about) exempted from income tax. Sadly, the portion you make above 90k is then taxed at the full rate.

E.G. If you're a shady defense contractor making 280k, the first few months of the year will be astoundingly great, but after you've made 95k, withholding starts and you shed a single tear for the fact that you're now paying your own overinflated salary. At the end, anything over 95k is taxed at the 280k rate.

Therefore, if you don't breach 95k (and you likely wont as a rank and file webadmin or mobile SA for some company), you will not pay any taxes. Still shit, but not as bad as people think.
>>
>>72944541
Sorry, should've mentioned, Americans residing OUTSIDE the US for a total of 330 days out of the year don't get taxed on the first 95k or so.

Another fun hack if you have heaps of student loans that are about to be forgiven (leaving you with a giant 'income' for the year) then you can take a gap year overseas and get the same effect.
>>
>>72944232
do you live fulltime in the uk?
>>
>>72945141
I was born in the UK but spend most of my time in Thailand and the US. Trying to get residency in Thailand at the moment.
>>
>>72942856
nice one. i'm planning vietnam, hong kong, vietnam, maybe malaysia/singapore, hungary, italy for early 2017.
>>
>>72944762

that sounds like an amazing deal?
I suppose that the country you reside in will ask for taxes though, so you might get double fucked if you go over 95k and normally fucked when ur under
>>
>>72943051
i am from the UK and haven't been registered for tax for 7 years. i can go home, but i don't think i can work there for more than a couple of weeks without registering for tax again.
but who knows what i do when i am on my laptop?
>>
Mostly huge faggots.

I'm sure there are a few who are productive members of society, but you don't know about any of them. They're busy working and traveling.

What you're thinking of are the ones that can't actually do anything productive so instead they think they'll try living cheaply in some shithole and making a meager living by scamming people and/or blogging.
>>
>>72942238
I am not a nationalist but what's the point to travel all the time? I think this gets boring after a while and you want a place where you can stay.

Only advantage is to fuck women from differnet nations. But I don't see the point to search for a home every month, start smalltalk to fucking strangers every month and drinking a cocktail on a differnet beach evey month.
>>
File: somewhere to go.jpg (223 KB, 1200x771) Image search: [Google]
somewhere to go.jpg
223 KB, 1200x771
>>72948039
It's not about perpetual travel, it's about having somewhere to go to when you feel like a change of environment, physical or cultural.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.