[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Free Trade deals bad? Can you give me a summary of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 139978433.png (149 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
139978433.png
149 KB, 1500x1125
Why are Free Trade deals bad? Can you give me a summary of the effects of NAFTA? Why is TPP bad?
>>
>>72938517
>Free Trade deals
>"Trade"
If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
>>
>fucked over mexican indistries
>illegal immigration worsened
>>
>>72939811
>>fucked over Mexican industries

Lol what?? Think you spelled American wrong.
>>
>>72940393
State-run companies suddenly having to compete agaonst trans-nacionals ones
>excess foood killed over our farmers

Sure m8, muricans have it worse
>>
The Mexican is right. We flooded their economy with our extremely subsidized corn. In return they flooded our nation.
>>
>>72940393

NAFTA shipped all the jobs to mexico
but the mexicunts were so lazy and had no problem disappearing off the job for weeks at a time, so we took the jobs from them and sent them to China instead.
>>
>>72943114
>the lazy mexican maymay
>>
>>72938517
TPP turns foreign labor into a trade commodity.

>illegals remain illegal
>still able to work
>this cannot be questioned under TPP
>>
>>72943170

Sorry but that is exactly what happened.
You would all be middle class by now but you fucked it up through your inherent lazyass shitiness.
>>
>>72943420
Yea m8, earning 5 or so usd per day would make all of us middle class

Thanks nafta for the free trade
>>
>>72938517
trade deals are a way to trick the population by setting the de facto minimum wage to the de jure minimum wage of the lowest participant in the deal
>>
TPP is not really a trade deal. It's more a bundle of megacorp-friendly legislation packaged as a treaty.
>>
>>72943589
5usd in Mexico is still more than 2 pesos a week like it is now. Fix your country.
>>
>>72943871
Our minimum wage is 70 pesos, roughly 5 usds
But we have similar prices in a lot of things,
15/an hour plox
>>
>>72943958
Start more businesses. Increase the supply and the prices decrease.
>>
>>72938517
NA("Free")TA
>>
TPP is like 20% trade, 80% letting companies sue governments for "loss of profits" caused by regulations and extending copyright indefinitely for the jews.
>>
>>72944101
>why don't you go against our big corporations anon,because they can cut your prices?

There is no way to start anything that could affect prices, you've got us from our hairyballs
>>
File: 1461560899751.png (54 KB, 225x312) Image search: [Google]
1461560899751.png
54 KB, 225x312
>>72938517
1. Mighty American production floods poorfag economies with superior USA goods (I hope you enjoy corn)
2. Poorfags can't compete
3. Poorfags come to USA to took ehur jebs
>>
You would think with Mexicos depressed wages that they would manufacturer more stuff and get it shipped for cheap. Instead if having it sail across the ocean. I did notice a lot of game discs and Blu-rays being from Mexico
>>
>>72944589

Why is a flood of corn bad? Aren't Mexicans growing avocados and other shit
>>
>>72943114
This.

Worked at two different companies in San Diego with factories in Tijuana. Dealt with constant fuckery and lack of discipline from Mexican middle managers... Turnover was extremely high because you had a thousand companies competing for the same human resources...as soon as you trained someone, they were ready to jump off to another company paying for even higher wages. These jobs could have gone to Americans on this side of the border.

Would it have been cheaper? Probably not.

Would the quality of the manufacturing be better? Probably not

Would their be middle manager fuckery? Sure..

But at the VERY LEAST you keep factories here, you keep machines here... You keep the training and the know how of manufacturing HERE and not just hand it to our rivals... America was great when we had manufacturing and jobs. It was great when our technology was better than Japan and Korea...
>>
>>72944737
Like 60% of our farmers are piss poor peaswnts with barely any state help, they simply cam't compete
>>
File: mexicobansgmocorn101713.jpg (183 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
mexicobansgmocorn101713.jpg
183 KB, 500x321
>>72944737
Because Rogelio down in Jalisco can't compete with the volume (i.e. price point ) we produce. Add that to the fact corn is a staple in spic culture.
>>
>>72944939
Well fuck me you know a mexican state
Never tought i would see that in /pol/
>>
File: 1460466771989.gif (434 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460466771989.gif
434 KB, 400x400
>>72945042
>YFW I spent some time in Sonora too

Desert states are best states.
>>
File: 1452066201890.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1452066201890.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>>72944589
what role does the Government have in trade deficit? why does the State assume the debt? the State doesn't own the corn to trade in the first place
>>
>>72938517

TPP has nothing to do with "free-trade"

Australia already has bi-lateral "free-trade" agreements with every single relevant TPP country.

Projections from our own Treasury state that TPP will benefit us with like 0.0001% growth over two decades.

All TPP does is impose shitty American copyright laws (pertaining to IP and pharmaceuticals). To give you an idea. The patent laws in America are 12 years. In Australia they are 5 years. TPP would force us into using the American laws and if not our government can be "sued" in extra-national courts run by corporate lawyers.

Make no mistake, TPP isn't that bad for us. All Australia is getting are a few shitty American copyright laws. The people this fucks over the most are the American public because they'll lose even more jobs to shitholes like Vietnam.
>>
File: bigleague.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bigleague.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>72938517
Because USA is losing jobs to CHina and Mexico. American companies like Nabisco (they make Oreo cookies) are moving their factories to Mexico and laying off American workers.

I always laugh when I see Mexican flags at Trump protests.
>>
>>72945300
>All TPP does is impose shitty American copyright laws
heh

Meanwhile the Productivity Commission is calling bullshit on the whole Mickey Mouse protection racket bullshit.

Everything just gets worse.
>>
>>72942399
so they get corn for a lower price and you pay for it, its a win
>>
>>72945300
I was under the impression a lot of chinks were probably gonna come over after TPP kicks in
>>
>>72938517
Outsourcing.
>>
>>72945654
That's the CAFTA. China isn't in TPP.
>>
>>72945654

That's nothing to do with the TPP.

That's due to the China-Australia bi-lateral Free-Trade agreement, another fiasco but nowhere near as bad.

What you are talking about is that if a Chinese company comes to Australia, advertises positions and can "prove" that they can't get Australians to take the job, they can bring in Chinese workers to do it.

We got cucked hard. Thankyou """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""based"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Tony.
>>
>>72940393
The problem in mexico isn't the "factory jobs" but the fact that this new jobs aren't enough to satisfy the demand created by the low prices in imported food that basically killed all the small agricultural workers and economies benefiting the largest pool owners that basically could compete with the lower prices by basically buying the farmland from their previous owners and paying them starving wages.

Free trade fuck up everything for everybody, so this new unemployed are the ones that ended up more likely than not crossing the border illegally.

Also this free trade deals kill the local industries since they have to start paying lower wages since the outsorcing companies can offer even lower wages thanks to how they work and most companies ended up in bankruptcy with only the ones that basically pay no taxes locally offering jobs for less and less money.
>>
>>72938517
They're not inherently bad. They're bad when signed between two grossly unequal economies.
>>
>>72938517
Only bad for like, 5% of Americans. For the 95% of Americans who are able to buy cheap shit because of it, shit's glorious.
>>
>>72945249
Perhaps you are unaware of the incredibly massive corn subsidies we have in America.

The government pays corn huskers out the ass to grow corn, and buys surplus corn grown just to keep production high and stable.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.