[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA explain me something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: us-real-estate.jpg (43 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
us-real-estate.jpg
43 KB, 620x350
Median (yearly) salary for a fucking Barista is $23282

Let's say both you and your wife work a Barista job so your median income would be around $45000
> source: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Barista/Hourly_Rate

You can comfortably purchase a house which costs $117191
> like this for example: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1115-S-Dakota-Ave-Sioux-Falls-SD-57105/85829764_zpid/

How can people be poor? Really I need to know.
> Taxes?
> Insurance?
What is it I'm missing here?
>>
People have to pay for rent, food, transportation, and all sorts of other shit.

How much do think they would be saving out of that $45,000?
>>
Cost of mortgage is maybe 25% of monthly bills
>>
>>72928641
Americans think they need luxury items and expensive shitty food. We're notorious for living beyond our means. People would rather drive a land rover than own a nice small house.
>>
>>72928641
I pay $400 a week for daycare.
>>
>>72928718
Dude I just showed you can buy a nice home with it, for example this particular I used as an example will cost you $613/month. Which is beneath the 30% of your income rule for paying a mortgage.
Are food and transportation in the USA so expensive it eats up the whole other 60% of your income?
>>
>>72928748
golden rule is to keep your mortgage under or on 28% of your total income to keep it comfortable to pay and also payable for yourself
>>
you need certain qualities to be a good barista. ear gauges and nose ring, full sleeve of randomm tattoo's, latest iphone and vinyl collection are all required costs and it adds up fast
>>
Houses and cost of living is much more expensive than that on average. And there aren't a whole lot of high paying jobs available; a lot of "new" jobs are coming from the service sector, which doesn't pay a whole lot.
>>
>>72928965
Have you even read what I said?
>>
>>72928900
No people are just retarded and buy things they can't realistically afford.

Realize also there's no public transportation so you need a car and insurance. That can easily be $500-600 a month in payments and insurance.
>>
>>72928856
Maybe a nigger.

>>falling for the mortgage Jew

Several social economic theories point to an ever shrinking and mobile world in which it makes more sense to rent. Home ownership will continue to decline and short term rentals rise in a global economy.

>>Land Rover

Jesus
>>
>>72929027
which fucking idiot pays a car in payments? Just buy a good old secondhand which you can afford
>>
>>72929056

Double meme arrows.

>wegotabadasshere.exe
>>
>>72929075

you're a student, aren't you?
>>
>>72928946
Yea. So um. You agree. Then... We understand that there is 75% ish of additional bills. And that's why 45k isn't much
>>
>>72928641
Tax
Tax
Tax

There was a thread for an Ameribro explaining that federal and state taxes come to around 50% of your income depending on the state.
>>
>>72928946
Yearly total income? What if it changes a bit year to year?
>>
>>72929075
b-but muh status symbol
>>
>>72929141
I really do hope everyone who sits on this board around 10:43 AM on a wednesday is a fucking student or else you're a fucking leegloper.

Studying economics in Gent
>>
>>72928641
My wife and I make about 45k per year. We're both 24. We own a home, both have new cars, we have plenty of spending money outside of bills/food/savings. None of our friends or people we graduated with are in anywhere near the same financial situation. I have no idea what the problem I.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 750x1000
>>72929075

Well they want a car that's nice. It's a status symbol. Fiscally wise choices be damned. The average American is only $400-500 dollars from being broke.

Also children are very expensive. Most people want children or are dumb and have them without planning.
>>
>>72929112
Tell me your country. I'm on my phone and wanna know just how irrelevant you are
>>
>>72929176
Seriously? Because all taxes in the US are considerably lower than taxes in Belgium?
(If you earn over 35k you'll pay 50% taxes on every euro above the €35.000)
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 460x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 460x321
>>72928641
>Barista

No Barista in South Datoka makes that a year.
>>
>>72928641
The average starbuxtender make $12000 annually.
Way to fuck over statistics by using median fuck head.
>>
>>72929242
You are familiar with time zones?
Maybe you will cover that next year
>>
>>72929056

>makes more sense to rent

>paying someone more than they pay for the house so they can make money off your dumb ass

Nigga you serious?
>>
I don't think you realize how expensive insurance is. And it's a complete scam.
>>
>>72929242
Lol im on break right now. Night shift mother fucker.
>>
>>72929400
I was talking to one of MY countrymen. You know who shares my timezone

fuck slith eyed piece of shit
>>
>>72929242

see this is how i know you're a student.
you're full of assumptions that have no basis in reality.
you can't even grasp the fact that not everyone has their days off from work in the weekend.

you're gonna be surprised with how fast money flies out the door when paying housing related bills/taxes/medical expenses/insurance/fuel for your car
>>
>>72928641
The problem in the barista job pays the same in San Francisco or Manhattan as it does in Sioux Falls, but housing is 10x more expensive.

Plus, it is <current year> no one gets married anymore, you are expected to be self sufficient.
>>
>>72929292
You obvioulsy don't have kids

You will learn that money pays for safety. I'm not putting my kid in some death trap car or a daycare were they don't care if he gets hurt.
These are things you will understand once you get out of your dorm or mothers basement
>>
>>72928641
Kek; Starbucks barista =$40k...
As management, maybe, and you can sell espresso machines as much as coffee.

Nobody at Starbucks gets 40 hours/week. Not even managers.
>>
File: 2722.jpg (79 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
2722.jpg
79 KB, 500x438
>$117191
Wow sounds nice, in my home town it`s around $300,000-$400,000
The economy is actually in the toilet and 95% of this shit is Jew lies.
>>
>>72929419
Actually I don't realize that, that's why I'm asking.
Can you explain me what costs it brings?
>>
Paying for convenience takes up a lot of money, most people don't own a bike and think it's something you shouldn't have after the age of 12 so they burn gas and wear their car(that they took out a loan for) down for trips that take 10 minutes.
>>
>>72928641
Cali fag here who moved to AZ because of leftist retards.

You're not seeming to understand that most people who bitch about this shit either live in the most expensive places like LA/SF/Seatle/NY, are too dumb to manage their money, or too lazy to get a job so they beg for MONEY FOR DEM PROGRAMS
>>
>>72929341
>you'll pay 50% taxes on every euro above the €35.000
Standard capitalist thinking says Belgium should be a poor shithole with a failing economy as anyone of worth would rather leave than be taxed so much. Yet that isn't true...
>>
>>72929056
>makes more sense to rent
Lol I bet you lease your car too.
>>
>>72929547
I've seen a lot of good homes for that money close to places which offer job opportunities.

But if you are too scared to move out and leave mommy&daddy you're fucking yourself
>>
>>72929667
it's failing though
>>
>>72929533

I said children were expensive. Obviously you'd pay more to insure security. We're on the same page.

Maybe read what I post before respond, retard.
>>
>>72929406
Yes if you want to oversimplify what I was saying to that then you are correct
>>
>>72928856
This never made sense to me. I used to work on cars and most luxury brands aren't worth nearly what people are paying for. The ride is a little softer and it has leather seats with ass warmers. Cute little additions but nowhere near necessary to anybody.

People are basically spending an extra $20k for that bmw/lexus/Landover badge on the front
>>
>>72929673
I already moved out and I`m not living in some frozen shithole on the the side of the country to save a few bucks.
Those house prices are low for a reason and most of the time it`s because the area is a fucking dump.
>>
>>72929672
I lease.

>so I can write 100% of the cost off on my taxes for business use
>>
>>72929672
I don't do anything a nigger would do
>>
>>72928856
>muh luxury meme
The majority of middle-class debt in this country is from mortgages, due to property in non-shit school districts being outrageously expensive. Fuck off NEET
>>
>>72929839
That's who brands work man. Beats headphones aint shit but apple sure as shit knew when a company was good at exploiting marketing and trends.
>>
>>72928900
>Dude I just showed you can buy a nice home with it,

in middle no where USA.. 180k in Sacramento CA gets you like a bombed out home out in the crackhead nignog part of Florin Road. Even then most of the places out there are 230k+. So your kids gets to go to school with pure shit level gang bangers.. Want to live in a nice area like I do it's about 500k for a tiny house? Along with that higher house payment you also get a higher prop tax bill.

but ok whatever. Then you have utility bill, cable, phone, car payment, car insurance, blah blah blah blah. family health insurance is going to be 1k+ a month at least being I doubt the coffee shop is going to be covering that for free.

so right there you have burned up chunk the bulk of your income. Sooo you better hope NOTHING goes wrong. New roof? 10k+. New sewer line $100 per a foot or an easy 4k+. Couple of tree in the back need to come out? $1200+. New drive way? Pass that can wait. Car tires? 600+

It's death by a 1,000 cut being you can't get ahead at all to cover the crushing "whoops" that end up gut punching past your savings.
>>
>>72928641
Well kids get pricey. You legally have to get ripped off by every kind of insurance these days. You can not save up for a house at that price for that income. That is a perfect example of how so many people got fucked over in the housing market during the recession.
>>
You can literally get $14/hr jobs starting with no qualifications with the USPS. They raise your pay every year, good overtime, there are health benefits, the work is simple.

My dad has been working as a mail man for almost 2 decades and makes like $30/hr with only a high school diploma.

My brother just started working as a mail handler (sorting mail) and he's making like $16/hr. This is his first job at 25 years old.

It baffles me that people can be poor.
>>
>>72929872
That's different.

I'm 26 and know people my age working entry level jobs who lease cars because they don't want to buy anything used. They're paying the same amount for something they never get to actually own just because they can't be bothered with something older than 3 or 4 years
>>
>>72928718
>>72928965
>>72929516
>>72929523
>>72929547

You are all part of the problem. People like you are the disease of Western Civilization.

> omg everything is so expensive how can I live muh muh I ONLY get payed $8/hour to serve coffee
> and everything is so expensivee muuuhmuuh raise minimum wage

You can literally move to another state or country where can live cheaper, work a job (whatever it be) and pay of a house in 15 years instead of slaving 30 years because you want to brag and show on kikebook that you live in Cali or NY
>>
>>72929804
You said: "No people are just retarded and buy things they can't realistically afford."

I'm just saying it's not always that simple. You have to pay for your child's safety. I bought a more expensive and safer car for my child. I wouldn't have spent that much otherwise.
>>
File: 1455087386402.jpg (107 KB, 540x900) Image search: [Google]
1455087386402.jpg
107 KB, 540x900
>>72928641
>mfw I already made more than that these first 4 months in the year.
Feels good man
>>
>>72930037
yea why doesn't everyone just work as a mailman so we can have 350 million mailmen working in this country it's so simple!
>>
>>72929924
Yeah I know. It's just incredibly frustrating watching people around you waste money on stupid shit. And then complain about how much debt they're in
>>
>>72930037
Not everyone can get a job as an overpaid government worker. Well they could and then we would live in a shitty communist country...
>>
>>72929966
I found some really good houses in Houston texas
for 180K
in really good neighbourhoods
>>
>>72930077
I'm 24. If I didnt have it for business I would have a early 00's car because i love working on cars, and thats sensible.

If any of my friends leased a car for personal use I'd slap the shit out of them.
>>
File: 1419120734177.jpg (84 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1419120734177.jpg
84 KB, 700x520
>>72930193
>implying people are in debt from buying $200 headphones
nothing to do with taking a mortgage on a 600k house and paying 10k in property taxes every year while having 100k worth of student loans to pay off. it's definitely the fucking headphones
>>
>>72930077
>have a car from 2000 that I got for 1500
>what a piece of shit anon that is going to break down constantly
>had no problems with it because I looked up basic car maintenance on this wonderful thing called the internet

My friends are getting popped for $45 every oil change(while getting upsold from the guy to buy shit like air filters) and I just spend an hour doing it myself because I watched a youtube video and read a few articles.
>>
>>72930129
Please God no. The USPS is the shitiest branch of the government. They never get anything right
>>
>>72929557
Car insurance is a bitch, even if you have a good history. Living in a South Dakotan suburb with your wife, both employed, you're going to need a vehicle. Probably two. Probably both used with a good number of miles, considering you're not making a lot. That's about $130/month payment for each vehicle, plus whatever for gas, plus whatever for tune-ups and general repairs. It all adds up.

If you're working at Starbucks, you're also not getting benefits. Now that we have Obamacare, you have to opt into a healthcare plan if you're making that much. Probably going to cost you a minimum of $200/month each, and that won't even get you a decent co-pay or deductible.

Also, any homeowner will tell you, there's just shit that stops working or breaks down at the worst possible moments. Just paid off your credit card and your fucking water heater breaks down. Just finished filing your taxes and your roof starts leaking. No landlord to fix that shit, it's on you. There's a lot more costs to owning a house than just mortgage and property tax payments.
>>
>>72930213
Really? Click on the school information tab and tell me what the schools are rated on a 1-10 scale.
>>
>>72930083
>brag and show off
Do you not understand some areas of this country are fucking shitholes?
You can save serious dollars living next to a frozen nigger hive in the rust belt but your stuck living with niggers.
>You can literally move to another state or country
YOU are the problem with modern Western civilization, do you think life is just some shitty financial balance sheet to micromanage like your faggy autism simulators?
>>
>>72930303
Its buying anything you can't afford. That $200 could be put in savings for when you get fired from Arbys.

And anyone who buys a house outside of their means deserves to get shit on.
>>
>>72930129
The jobs are easy to get, it's obviously not for everyone and if you can make more money doing a better job then do it. I'm just pointing out that even if you have nothing there are still options that provide you a living. Costco pays their workers $12/hr starting.
>>
>>72930083
>You can literally move to another state or country

right.. being my entire family is going to pull up and move to bumb fuck no where so random family member X can "get a job and house". When does that end? Do we move every time the next one up is job hunting?

Do we get together and just throw darts at a board and pick some shit level state to all pack up and live in? If one person has an ok job does he say fuck it and just move anyways?

you sound like a child who in their tiny mind has it all figured out but that's just not how adult life works.
>>
>>72930102
Implying luxury/expensive = safe
>>
>>72930077
Why? Why dont just buy reliable 5 years old secondhand BMW for 50% the price like everyone in eastern europe do?
>>
>>72930320
What car, m8?
>>
>>72930212
Anyone can get a government job.
>>
File: dontfeeltardy.jpg (80 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dontfeeltardy.jpg
80 KB, 600x400
>>72930037
"literally get"....

Your own example of nepotism clearly proves zero outsiders have a chance at a cushy USPS (nearly bankrupt) jobs.

How many applicants for each opening ? How to find out about openings ? Where to go to find out about requirements ?

Your family obviously kept it in the family, and your bully dad made sure his son was hired. No other kids allowed on his watch, by gum.

>grits teeth
>>
>>72929292

Cars are literally piles of engineering dogshit. Inefficient (literally like 20% of the energy from the combustion of gasoline goes to moving you forward), grotesque, extremely unsafe, and harmful to the environment. Nothing revolutionary has been done to the car besides the automated manufacturing of them done by Japan during the 80s.

It blows my mind that we're still using these rolling turds to this day.

Hopefully we get these driverless electric cars viable, or just ditch the car entirely.
>>
>>72930455
Hyundai Elantra
>>
>>72928900
Property taxes can be more than you're mortgage depending where you live, my mortgage is 450 and my taxes are around 500 and I only have two acres. Americans have a big problem with small town local government passing away tax money, we need to start voting on a town and state level a lot more vigorously.
>>
>>72930331
Alright thanks and I think this is about right. I also think we can both agree that these barista jobs are among the lowest tier of working so I'm using this as example because I really hope most of us will be in a better "shape" when it comes to jobs and working.
>>
>>72930402
*you`re
>>
>>72930320
oof that $45 every 10,000 miles really putting me in deep debt.

>anyone who buys a house outside of their means deserves to get shit on
far better to raise your kids in a shitty town with a shitty school district and completely fuck their chances at getting anywhere in life, right? fuck off, you have no idea what you're talking about; they're not buying mansions. people are desperate to send their kids to good schools because public education in this country is a fucking joke
>>
File: kill_yourself_1455245304095.png (19 KB, 560x398) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself_1455245304095.png
19 KB, 560x398
>>72928641
>What is it I'm missing here?

South Dakota.

Hey, you know, a minimum wage job in California pays $15/hour. ($600/week, $31,200/annual) gross income before any and all taxes & expenses.

Holy fucking shit ... two people working McDonalds make almost $64,000 per year.

Obviously they would buy a house in South Dakota and be happy homeowners and raise a family of 2 or 3 children. It's so simple. And, of course, South Dakota is a complete fucking wonderland. (pro-tip: I worked there for a bit over a year. It's nothing more than a temporary stop on the Depression -> Suicide train)

Even for Belgium, you are unusually retarded. Kill yourself and help to save the white race.
>>
>>72930303
I'm talking about living outside of their means, dumbass. Buying luxury vehicles they can't afford and then trading for the newer model every year. Buying a house outside of what they should be able to afford. Racking up credit card debt (which could include expensive headphones). Of course you would know all of this if you had actually read instead of just jumping in.
>>
>>72930347
8/10 or higher I already checked suicidal fuck
>>
>>72928641
because that barista job isn't 23k in SD

you're comparing a national average to a place that is lower than the national average.
>>
>>72930402
>do you think life is just some shitty financial balance sheet to micromanage like your faggy autism simulators

Unless you want to be in debt? yes
>>
>>72930409
Gotta live next to mommy? Youre a fucking adult. Move, make some money, get a career, and move back when you can afford it. That or stop complaining that you're poor. You know exactly why youre poor.
>>
>>7293046
You're not understanding. There aren't enough overpaid government jobs to go around for the entire working population. And if there were then we'd live in a unproductive piece of shit country.
>>
>>72930409
You just stay where you are in Cali mate hahah
>>
>>72930539
that's a negligible portion of US middle-class debt. luxuries are not the problem. consumerism and education are. "everyone living outside their means" is a meme that only children buy into
>>
>>72930528
>oof that $45 every 10,000 miles really putting me in deep debt.
Yes now combine that with every other thing you don't need to spend money on and suddenly you're spending several grand. It's not one thing it's all the little shit you shouldn't be spending on.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

Read this site, it will help.
>>
>>72930422
Implying your ecconomical 1995 ford festiva with no abs and failed crash safety tests is safe. I can play that game too. I don't own a luxury car but I bought was rated as the safest car. And that cost me more. I wouldn't have bought it without kids

Now don't be shy and tell me your country flag so I can know how irrelevant you are. I fear I'm truly wasting my time with invalid
>>
>>72930503
Most people get their political news (which isn't much) from national news channels or city news channels that talk at most about who's running for governor/mayor. It's really sad how much shit gets passed without the majority of citizens knowing anything about it.
>>
>>72930474
There's no such thing as nepotism in the USPS.
You apply for the position online (they have every opening in the country with all the info you need), take a test that any library will have study material for, and you are hired based on your test score.

It's the same for most government jobs that I've seen. You take a competency test and they hire whoever scores the highest and move down list.
>>
>>72930453
>bmw
>reliable

Kek
>>
>>72930660
yes and then realize that all the oil changes and beat headphones in the world aren't enough to put an entire socio-economic class deep into debt. poor money management has been around since the beginning of time and is not what is fucking our economy. and even if it were, the blame is on consumerism
>>
>>72930496
Nice. I used to have an 01 Kia Spectra. Fucker had a leaking head gasket, oil pan, thermostat, had to manually wire the radiator fans (radiator blew because the thermostat wasn't turning the fans on) and it was still running up until last year when the friend I sold it to wrecked it.

I'll never understand the "Korean is a shit" meme when it comes to cars. They're pretty damn reliable even when broken.
>>
>>72930515
I'd even hesitate to call it minimum, particularly if you plan on starting a family someday. It's a good entry level job for your 20's.

I sometimes have these conversations with my dad. He talks about how you used to be able to support a family with a job at a mill somewhere. Wife could stay home and raise the kids. It was a hard life, but the mill would take care of you, let you climb the payscale latter as long as you're a good worker. That kind of world just doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>72930496
Good man
>>
>>72930653
Everything revolves around education is a meme that Bernie children buy into.

Money management is the problem. People who do not spend frivolously do not have problems with debt
>>
>>72930653
>Luxuries aren't the problem
>consumerism is

??

???

????
>>
>>72930528
Strange, I'm in one of these "shit states" yet I own a home, have a career, and am putting myself through college to avoid loans. Must be that horrible education.

Oklahoma, by the way. We're not too hot on the national lists.
>>
>>72930547
Bullshit.

Now I'm certain of your value
>>
File: 1410105911134[1].jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1410105911134[1].jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>>72930496

Buying a Korean car instead of a Japanese car

Cmon bruh

My 98 civic is still killing it lol (full-time student)
>>
>>72930841
*ladder
>>
>>72930083

you make me ashamed to be Belgian
>>
>>72930838
>>72930844
>>72930987
I didn't know anything about cars I just crashed the previous one(a 91 Mercury Sable) and my parents told me to go fuck myself(rightly so) so I had to get the cheapest car I could find
>>
>>72930977
how's the tornados? I was considering moving to Oklahoma but as Belgian i have never experienced any form of natural calamity so when I saw Oklahoma was "Tornado Capital" it put me of

Although your state looks wonderfull
>>
File: 1qOm32.gif (651 KB, 400x208) Image search: [Google]
1qOm32.gif
651 KB, 400x208
>>72930728

http://www.kbb.com/subaru/forester/2009/x-sport-utility-4d/?vehicleid=227087&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=95130&condition=good&pricetype=private-party

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/subaru/forester-4-door-suv/2009

$8,300 for a used, top rated safety pick

What are you driving and what did you shell out for it Kimchi Kim?
>>
>>72931019
Ga op de SPA stemmen jong
>>
>>72930861
>People who do not spend frivolously do not have problems with debt
k thanks for pointing out how underage you are. wait until you have children and don't want to have them bumfucked by jamal and ahmed at the city school district. better look at property in the suburbs, and enjoy unaffordable housing with unaffordable property taxes and zero cheap public transportation just to give your kids a chance at a decent life

>>72930879
consumerism is privatism - it promotes siphoning money out of public interests for private gain. skip forward thirty years when the public school system is collapsing and the middle-class has been obliterated and see if the voucher system is still around. overspending on luxuries has gotten certainly gotten worse but it is not the major contributing factor to US debt.

>>72930977
>muh outlier
no one cares fuckwit. statistically kids who go to shittier school districts perform worse in school, get a worse overall education, make less money, are more vulnerable to crime, more likely to abuse drugs, and have dozens upon dozens of other problems related to their substandard education.
>>
>>72930838
That's slowly dying out. Korean cars are starting to surpass almighty jap cars. Just like tvs and everything else we are making.
http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-us-initial-quality-study-iqs
>>
>>72930987
Japanese cars aren't what they used to be. Many many quality problems.
>>
>>72930547
180K in the 4th largest city in the US. DON'T FUCKING THINK SO.

That being said, 180K is a middle class house in suburbia not close to a top 20 city
>>
>>72929341
How much do you pay for every euro below 35k?
>>
>>72929966

>Then you have utility bill, cable, phone, car payment, car insurance, blah blah blah blah. family health insurance

But you will have to be paying those no matter where you live, unless you live out of a car. Then you can drop the utility bill, cable, phone payments.
>>
>>72928641
The average American has college loans of 40k+, a car loan of at least 12k, and that home mortgage you listed would be a lot higher a month. You aren't calculating the mortgage rates. I bought a house just a little more expensive (about 25% more) and after the loan, taxes, and homeowners insurance, it's costing about 1200 a month.
Mind you, I can afford it, no problem.
But also, most low class Americans aren't poor. They just use the term interchangeably.
>>
>>72931120
My car is paid off and I live in an area with excellent schools. In the suburbs even. Funny how I can afford all of this quite comfortably because I didn't waste me money on stupid shit.

Just because you made poor credit decisions is no reason to run around calling folks names now.
>>
>>72930987
Wow even Japanbro admitted it. But if you still want to live in the 90s and don't believe....
http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-us-initial-quality-study-iqs
>>
File: Gary-Evans-in-drag.jpg (54 KB, 595x614) Image search: [Google]
Gary-Evans-in-drag.jpg
54 KB, 595x614
>>72931078
It`s flatland filled with ~30 year old rusted out steel structures and a collapsing infrastructure like every sate everywhere in this country.

I don`t even have and image to portray it, just imagine gaudy fluorescent lights and really fucked up, old asphalt that desperately needs to be repaved but never will because the city is too busy spending all the tax money on spics.
>>
>>72931078
Tornados aren't nearly as scary as they seem. Sure, some times there are pretty devastating ones, but I've lived here my whole life and never been involved in one. I can only remember taking cover once in my life, but that one didn't even touch down.

The cost of living is low, the people are nice, and if you move to Broken Arrow (suburb of Tulsa) the crime rates are extremely low. BA schools are pretty good too, if you've got chillins.

What area were you considering?
>>
>>72928641
Taxes, insurance, morgage, cost of living (which varies greatly on state/county) 45k gets you an apartment. I make 90k annually and I don't have a house yet.
>>
>>72931093
I'm driving a forester. Ding ding ding. I win Nigeria bro. Done with you
>>
>>72928641

The population's concentrated in big cities especially along the coasts. I was in Santa Barbara a few months ago, a house that would go for ~$100,000 (if that) around where I live in Utah was selling for $1.2m+. Housing in the big cities is extremely expensive, and that's also where a lot of the jobs are. Just how it is.
>>
File: 1417520378943.png (778 KB, 640x515) Image search: [Google]
1417520378943.png
778 KB, 640x515
>>72931347
*state
Damn I don`t proofread.
It`s difficult to get through to you what I`m trying to convey but this country is falling right the fuck apart.
>>
>>72928957

Underrated contribution to the thread.
>>
>>72930592
>Gotta live next to mommy?

Again in real adult world YES many people do need to live near family. If you're younger and have kids then child care alone can BREAK you and break you hard. Something that in many cases can be helped by your parents watching the kids.

As you get older your parents and grand parents just get flat out old. They need help and if you don't have a big family to cover that help load, it's "on you" to do it. Pay someone? That breaks you too.

and we are not talking about having a good job waiting in another state ready to go. The OP and others are suggesting that someone who is poor can just say fuck it and hop a bus to no where-ville, sling coffee with a wife and buy a house to start over.

that's just not how it works. It's this strange delusions some have about how life works when you are viewing it with the eyes of someone who is say 14 to 19. Being at that age it just seems like 1,2,3 is the path and done. We all did it at that age too. Some where able to hit that path but there are a ton of reasons 100% out of a person's control why they don't end up on that path.
>>
>>72931287

You're a fucking dumb ass if you spend more than 20k on a sedan and you make 50k a year or less.
>>
File: mokro pls go.jpg (423 KB, 2400x810) Image search: [Google]
mokro pls go.jpg
423 KB, 2400x810
>>72931115

Why don't people just move halfway across a continent to find cheaper homes? (not even taking into account the local economy

American states are not like Belgian provinces, fucktard

You probably live in a dorm costing you 300 euros a month for 10m2, with your parents less than 100km away
but ppl should move thousands to save 100K on their home, right?

faggot
>>
>>72928957
>>72931468
That makes you a fucking snowflake horrible to work with. Your voice is just to high pitched and serious for anyone to take you seriously
>>
File: 1.jpg (703 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
703 KB, 3072x1728
>>72931197
I agree. Interior/exterior looks are better than most jap cars as well. Mazda is still my top dog though. Zoom zoom, nigga.
>>
>>72928641
Most barristas are paying off a $100,000 gender studies degree
>>
>>72931236
explain this please: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11222-Sagehill-Dr-Houston-TX-77089/28114108_zpid/

> nearby school is 9/10
> middle-high class neighborhood
> commute time (around 30min) although i find it hard to believe it to be that short
>>
File: 1459725847578.jpg (145 KB, 1224x1170) Image search: [Google]
1459725847578.jpg
145 KB, 1224x1170
>>72931557

>>
>>72931568
this
>>
>>72931271
€ 0 tot €8 710 25%
€ 8 710,01 t/m € 12 400 30%
€ 12 400,01 t/m € 20 660 40%
€ 20 660,01 t/m € 37 870 45%
Over 37 870,01 euro 50%
>>
>>72931501
>grandma can watch the kiddies

Problem #1. You can't afford a child.

>Pablo was born in LA, so he can't get a job somewhere else

Pablos parents probably dont make enough money to live in LA either, furthering the cycle of poverty.

You can get a job making the same shit money anywhere in the US. only difference is, some places that shit money goes a lot further.
>>
>>72931353
The only place i know was Tulsa so I was checking around in those suburbs. What would you recommend?
>>
File: Drone_storage.jpg (939 KB, 2000x1490) Image search: [Google]
Drone_storage.jpg
939 KB, 2000x1490
>>72931648
I don`t think you understand what the average American has to look forward to.
Would you take a loan from a bank to live in pic related?
>>
>>72931545
I am considering moving away 1000's of km just to be more wealthier than I am right now. You just stay put and enjoy Belgium haha
>>
>>72928641
Poverty is a choice in the USA. An amazing number of people choose to spend their income on stupid shit or not work at all and turn to the government for handouts.
>>
>>72930402
>>72930409

You have to excuse my fellow belgian. He's a student, he hasn't been in contact with real life yet and has never had any real responsibilities like a job or family yet.
>>
>>72928900
613 probably doesn't include insurance or taxes. So make it 813
>>
>>72931982
Dude it's 11:40 AM in Belgium go find a job you fucking lazy ass nigger. How can you be on 4chan during this time of day if you're not a student.
>>
>>72931648
>explain this please

So everyone just has the 32k needed for the 20% down payment to get the monthly down to $700ish? That married coffee slinging couple is just going to save that up a few months?

You can save it up while dropping $800 a month into what it seems like is the average rent in the area?
http://www.apartmentguide.com/zip/77089-Apartments-For-Rent/

I know one can "house jump" but you better have bought way before 2009 or had the coin to buy after the market imploded. Being it's only about now that people are starting to break even if they bought when the market was going up.
>>
>>72932019
You're looking at California. That suburb was likely built in what used to be desert.
>>
>>72932053
with home insurance and taxes it's around $793
>>
>>72930784
>>72930784
german engineering is good engineering
I've had Daewoo lanos and Daewoo Tico, plastic cars.
>>
>>72931863
Well I've lived in Tulsa nearly all my life. Its a good mid-sized city. Good amount of shit to do on the weekends.

I'd recommend Broken Arrow, but I'm kind of biased. It's the only place I've lived as an adult. Hoping to join the police here in a year or two after I get my degree.

Bixby and Jenks are good too, basically any suburb south and West of Tulsa is good.
>>
>>72932115
Right now I am working my ass off between my college to make sure I can have 20k or higher down payment
>>
>>72932228
Thanks man, I appreciate the intel!
>>
>>72932331
> hating on german engerineerin
> how anglo of you my friend
>>
>>72931648
>Middle-high class neighborhood
>less than a half mile from a highway.
>Closest restaurant is Vietnamese

I thought Belgians were relatively intelligent
>>
File: Dragonscrown.jpg (5 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
Dragonscrown.jpg
5 KB, 123x125
>>72928946
So you understand that 45k isn't much after losing 25% of it? Throw in utilities, the cost of insurance, savings accounts, emergency funds and you're broke.

Not to mention your "A Barista Makes 23k a year HURR HURR" is bullshit.

Let me tell you something you little cunt. I live in the USA, Missouri specifically, just below Kansas City. A full-time minimum wage job is 7.50 an hour you dumb cock bag.

Full time = 40 hours a week

Do the math you shit. That's not enough money for even basic shit.

You foreigners are so fucking stupid, I can't wait for Trump to open your asshole and pour molten lava down it.
>>
>>72932280
No problem. Best of luck.
>>
>>72931648
>explain this please
the fence is to keep the niggers out
>>
What the main problem here is that everyone has cable TV. After your sweet deal after the first year it goes to 150-200 a month for tv and internet. Then we eat like retards and spend probably 25 a day on food if we're lucky. Phone bills are easily 100 a month each. Car insurance for both cars can be 150. That's 1300 extra dollars right there. And where people like me really fuck up is credit cards. I have to spend $330 a month just to cover the minimum payments. All because of a major accident my wife had a few years ago and I couldn't cover all the bills by myself so had to survive off the credit card for a while. Smdh. Of course I'm not adding the small shit but xbox live, Netflix, sirius radio. Probably another 65 right there. We need lots of bullshit that back in the day only rich people bought. It's why we can't afford houses
>>
>>72932547
I live half a mile from the nearest highway it's easy to acces and have no problem with it all? or what is your point?
> not being able to cook for yourself
>>
>>72932070
>thinking every person who works works 9-5
M8 ur embarrassing yourself, just stop already.
>>
>>72932070

you see this guys, these kind of dumb ass leeches is what my tax money is paying for. he just started growing pubes and he thinks he knows everything.

he doesn't understand anything about the job market.
he cannot fathom shit like working in shifts, taking leave, and working during weekends. and this is a university student, what a fucking retard

hey shit for brains, all those people working on saturday in stores and shit...they get time off during the week.

you're gonna be in for a rude awakening once you get out of school
>>
>>72931648
Also, seeing the similar street names might denote a community. If this is the case, there are costs you aren't including.
>>
>>72932653
What is it you do then haha i'm hoping for a fucking nurse or some factory worker
>>
>>72932655
Can you give an example? It are things like this I don't know yet so I want to know more about this
>>
>>72932653
>is what my tax money is paying for

You're not American you pee hole licking cunt.
>>
>>72932633
>hundreds of thousand of dollars of debt in mortgage + car + taxes + student loans + necessities + emergencies
>hurr a $10 netflix subscription is why people are in debt!
drink bleach
>>
File: 20160504_055454.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160504_055454.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>72932633
My wife also had medical bills and prescriptions that add up to approx $425 and we have a 200 dollar car payment also. Money is tight. Trying to buy a house in a few months. Mainly because my faggot ass apartments just raised the rent by around $170. How the fuck is that even legal? They are probably going to try and rape us with a bill to fix the place up. I was a drunk for most of those years and a doge also spent his live growing up there fucking everything up. Smdh
>>
>>72932835
>>72932835
>of course I'm not adding shit like Netflix

Dude... Fucking read.
>>
>>72932994
I've been shaking and crying ever since
>>
>>72928900
8.9/10

amazing
>>
>>72932786
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeowner_association

I didn't the article, but my sister worked for an insurance company that dealt with HOA, The costs can vary depending on community standards, services, etc.

For example, if you lived in a subdivision or development housing, and you had a community pool, everyone would pay for the cost and maintenance of it. It can get abused.
>>
File: 1373408999215.jpg (11 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
1373408999215.jpg
11 KB, 242x209
>>72932994
>of course I'm not adding shit like Netflix
>proceeds to add in Netflix
>>
>>72928641
Are you stupid? People have to eat and pay other regular bills. Also not everything is that fucking cheap.
>>
>>72932721

here he does it again with his assumptions
i'm self employed, i have my own business

>>72932796
since when do americans pay for belgians?
>>
>>72928641
Sioux Falls? Why the fuck would you want to live around a bunch of prairie niggers are you retarded?
>>
>>72930422
Looks like your luxury/expensive internet in Blanketland almost is a symptom of you being safe
>>
>>72933168
So you sell drugs and don't pay taxes. Now I see why you think the way you do. You don't know the struggle.
>>
>>72928900
You're under the impression the government helps you with healthcare, aren't ya? Also, utilities aren't super cheap in bumfuck south dakota, never mind having a kid. One child's hospital bills is $20-25k
>>
>>72933168
>i'm self employed, i have my own business
wow unless you are a restaurant owner you have a lot of time on your hands?
>>
>>72932548
>I can't wait for Trump to open your asshole and pour molten lava down it.
goddamn nigga
>>
>>72932223
And one tire costs $500, one brake job costs 4x the normal, etc
>>
>>72933133
>as an after thought to the main point of the post.
>>
>>72933293
no I actually asked how much that insurance costs in "real life"
>>
>>72930570
Europeans think America is the same across every state. They don't understand big places
>>
>>72928641
>Median (yearly) salary for a fucking Barista is $23282
>You can comfortably purchase a house which costs $117191
>What is it I'm missing here?

A Barista earning $23282 won't be living in a place where housing costs $117191.
Such salary will be in a city where housing costs $517191.
>>
>>72928641

>Barista
>in Dakota

Dude America is not New York coast to coast.
>>
>>72932786
>Can you give an example?

The 160k Sagehill TX house has an annual $290 maintenance fee and I'm guessing some sort of monthly HOA too..
https://www.redfin.com/TX/Houston/11222-Sagehill-Dr-77089/home/30207677

2.7623% prop tax rate is a little harsh but if I rem right TX as no state income tax. I think your property tax goes up as your home value does and as someone who has their rate locked in CA that sounds like total BS.

being home value is not real money unless you sell it.
>>
>>72930592
>Gotta live next to mommy? Youre a fucking adult. Move
Or your know, your whole family could live together and use savings from their combined purchasing power to buy housing for rent or start up business.
>>
>>72932223
I mean it's a great meme. Yes Germans tend to have good engineers. That's where it ends. If you litterally google anything you will see Korea and Japanese cars are more reliable

Germans make it
Asians make it last
>>
>>72933492
IRL, it depends, but deductibles are quite large for things that are ordinary. It's argued that it helps offset the costs for more serious claims, but the fact of the matter is that the system is far-and-away abused. The lower-middle-poor class routinely use the ER as a doctor's visit, even for things that would be confined to common specialized fields such as dentistry or psychiatry.

In other words, if you are poor, have a toothache or a problem sleeping, the ER is the best way to get results, because they have to do SOMETHING by law.
>>
>>72933371
Dude just shut the fuck up and go study you little dipshit student
>>
>>72933627
in flanders prop tax is always 2.6% btw
>>
File: 1398965206844.jpg (94 KB, 544x479) Image search: [Google]
1398965206844.jpg
94 KB, 544x479
>>72933490
>im paying off a 400k house
>and a 100k college education
>and a 10k car
>and thousands in property taxes, home and vehicle maintenance, medical bills etc...
>BUT MY $100 PHONE BILL IS THE REAL KILLER
>>
>>72933498
And you're making erroneous generalizations about a group of people making erroneous generalizations. What a time
>>
>>72928641
Our "poor" have a standard of living better than most upper middle class Euros. They complain because they are spoiled and ingnorant.
>>
>>72932223
I'm glad you cherry picked daewoo as an example
As in the daewoo that is owned by General Motors
>>
>>72933710
I seem to remember that Kia was considered best Korea-status til foreign investment changed it.
>>
File: 1462302678295.png (163 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1462302678295.png
163 KB, 360x360
>>72931093

This. Very much this.

All of my friends and family effectively believe that I am a retard because I only buy low mileage used cars from reputable brands that are several years old. They become certain of my apparent retardation when they learn that I pay for these vehicles in full without borrowing any money. EVERYONE I know goes on about the need for credit, and how I should "get what I want" rather than getting what I actually need.

I tell them to fuck off.

1. I do not want debt.

2. I do not need nor desire luxury items.

The amount of money I have put away and invested because of my habits is absurd. No one cares, though. Everyone is just shocked and disappointed in me because I like to let other people pay down the depreciation of a vehicle before I step in to purchase it. They all try to lecture me about how I am "buying someone else's problem," which is not the case at all. If anything, I am taking advantage of the decadence, arrogance, and avarice of the average American by snapping up the vehicles they discard so that they can buy another car they don't need with money they don't have.

I am going to take advantage of their avarice to my advantage. I suggest everyone else do the same.
>>
>>72933688
A whom family of poor fucks wouldn't get approved on a home loan.

>An additional co-borrower or co-signer cannot compensate for insufficient credit or income. The primary borrower must meet all minimum requirements for FHA insurance, including a 500 credit score with a 10 percent down payment, or 580 score with 3.5 percent down. The borrower must meet minimum debt-to-income ratio standards. FHA requires a DTI of 31 percent for housing payment to gross monthly income, and 43 percent for total debts to gross monthly income.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/many-people-can-fha-loan-together-46061.html
>>
>>72931501
My parent's marriage failed because they settled in a shitty suburb to be close to my father's parents.
>>
>>72933936
Can you elaborate? I vaguely remember something about Germans helping with the aesthetics. Don't think they helped with reliability. If that was the case you think they would have helped themselves first.
>>
>>72929010
Are you seriously too retarded to understand that you picked a house in one of the cheapest cost of living states but used the national median salary.
>>
>>72934013
Hit or miss. Do you even understand how the average girl treats her car?

I'm talking about no oil changes for 10k miles.

Then you buy it none the wiser.

I buy new and use it until the wheels fall off and I know I maintain quality.
>>
File: 1417136200409.gif (605 KB, 512x588) Image search: [Google]
1417136200409.gif
605 KB, 512x588
>>72929516
>see this is how i know you're a student.
>you're full of assumptions that have no basis in reality.
>>
>>72928641
Wow you've got the world all figured out while still in college, great work bro.

> T. "Dakota Barista"
>>
>>72929966
>family health insurance is going to be 1k+ a month at least
Is this fucking real?
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 400x509
>>72933795
> cable, internet, food, phone, and credit cards are what causes debt

> Netflix and Xbox aren't too expensive

Alright, man. Whatever.
>>
Transportation
Property tax (state sanctioned extortion tax)
Vechile tax
Water bills
Electric bills
Children

Tax is such a scam.
>>
>>72929406
So with rent buttfucking a min wage earners saving ability they should just live in a cardboard box and save their money for a down payment on a house.
>>
>>72931353
I'm graduating High School in 3 weeks (18-yo-barely legal fag) and I'm considering faking my identity and enrolling in BAHS next year. Live by myself and work weekends/after school just to get the chance to go through high school again.
>>
>>72933792
>prop tax is always 2.6% btw

Yeah it's not the rate that shifts, it's the amount you pay based off your home value. It's why people get priced out of their homes in states with out a Prop 13 (what it's call in California) rate lock.

Being if for some reason your $160k house is worth 320k in 10 years you're asked to pay 2.6% of 320k. Where as in California the gov can only raise the value something like 1% a year based off your buy cost.

so a grandmother who bought a house in the 1980s for say 50k is paying property tax as if it's worth 80k but it could sell for say 600k.

In theory it was meant to let local gov know how much money they would take in every year and plan around it. It has some faults too of course but it does help people stay in their homes.
>>
>>72934306
Yes
>>
>>72934316
>i have multiple crippling payments to make but the least crippling one is the one responsible for my debt
alright man, whatever.
>>
>>72934013
Buying cars in full is good, but a small amount of debt to build credit I beneficial. To say otherwise I factually incorrect.
>>
>>72934481
>Needing debt to build credit

Not understanding how credit reporting works would be your first problem
>>
>>72934132
>
I'm almost positive that Daimler/Chrysler helped with quality and aesthetics in the late 1990's. I could be wrong, but I definitely remember the change in quality of the brand.
>>
>>72934360
Are you graduating from BA?
>>
File: 1457708014503.png (194 KB, 382x597) Image search: [Google]
1457708014503.png
194 KB, 382x597
>>72934142
>Hit or miss.

Never had a miss, and I have been doing this for years.

>Do you even understand how the average girl treats her car?

This is why you get the car independently inspected by a mechanic you trust before you buy it. If the seller refuses to let you do this, then you have found your first red flag.

Also, the knowledge of who actually drove the car is easily attainable when you arrive to check it out for the first time. Most sellers I have met with are quite plain about who has driven it. Even if they aren't it is usually plainly apparent as to who drove the vehicle from the state of the car (stained seats, smells like shitty car air-fresheners, dents, scratches, bald tires, ashes on the floor, smell of smoke, etc.) Simply avoid those deals which such indicators.

>I'm talking about no oil changes for 10k miles.

NEVER BUY A CAR FROM A SELLER THAT DOES NOT HAVE *ALL* OF THE MAINTENANCE RECORDS ON HAND FOR YOU TO REVIEW. EVER.

>Then you buy it none the wiser.

Not when you exercise some common sense, you know, like asking for the maintenance records.

>I buy new....

There are few legitimate reasons to buy new, although some do exist. However, there is usually almost no reason whatsoever for the average joe to sink tens of thousands into a depreciating item. It is usually just luxury spending.

Make your money work for you. Let others pay down the depreciation.
>>
>>72934451
Are you doing that thing where you act like a complete retard in an attempt to "troll"? Because if so, I guess its working.
>>
>>72928641
>south dakota

fuck off muhammed
>>
>>72934673
>I'm better than you because I know the absolute basics of used car buying.

Wew
>>
File: 1456835389732.jpg (375 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456835389732.jpg
375 KB, 900x900
>>72934481
>To say otherwise I factually incorrect.

That is why you have a credit card to make small purchases with, and then pay everything off at the end of the month. There are other methods other than this also.

We are talking about borrowing large sums of money which you cannot immediately pay back. Having the money to immediately pay off what you borrow is a different story than buying what will take you years to pay off, because in that case, not only are you paying back more than what you borrowed (interest), but you have also sunk money into an object which LOSES VALUE over time.
>>
>>72934882
Which is exactly why I said

>buying cars in full is good
>>
File: 1456202893974.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1456202893974.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>72934865

>Make factual statements that cannot be refuted to correct retarded assertions.

>YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE?!

wut
>>
>>72934657
>Helped with aesthetics AND quality
>Chrysler

Bruh

Are you smiling? I'm smiling
>>
>>72934660
No, I live in Michigan. I really like high school though, but up until a year ago I was an MLP faggot, which pretty much ruined my chances for the high school experience (gf, bros to drive around town with, etc.). I got the idea to pretend that I'm younger than I actually am and reenroll in high school in a different state. My best friend said that he'd come with me, so we could room together and split the cost of an apartment. I can go back to high school for another 2 years.
>>
>>72934882
I'm just going to critique something real quick. Interest on a payment shouldn't count on having something borrowed, ESP when you are using it for small purchases that is easily purchased with everyday cash. Building credit this way is a fucking scam. It doesn't realistically prove credit more than cash would. It might have, before the instant transaction of cards. but as outdated as checks are, they, in spirit, are a FAR superior credit check rating.
>>
>>72931964

where are you moving to?
>>
>>72935025
You might be smiling now. But back before that, they were seriously the Asian Yugos.
>>
File: 1315742405723.jpg (19 KB, 451x389) Image search: [Google]
1315742405723.jpg
19 KB, 451x389
>>72934013
Do you...do you think you're clever or unique somehow because you shop for used cars? Holy shit.
>>
>>72935080
Or you could grow up and be an adult.

Fraud isn't something to take lightly. You would be wasting my tax dollars because you are some shithead brony who didn't bang a chick before highschool ended. Go somewhere else with that dumb ass fantasy.
>>
>>72935346
And 30 years before that Korea was a third world country
>>
>>72932633
Almost everyone I know under 30 only has Netflix or Prime, and doesn't have cable. I live in a conservative state, so this isn't like hipster baristas either.
>>
>>72935080
>I can go back to high school for another 2 years

You would have WAY more fun with 90% less BS if you just move to be close to a cheap Jr College. Take some average BS sort of course load, focus on campus activities and just have fun for a year or so.

You would still be making forward education progress with out any risk of fraud etc. Plus it's much better over all environment than being the new kid, at a new school going into jr/sr year.

Your final years of school were fun being it was "your school" and friends. It's not the same as the new kid at a new school. Even if turns out fine it's a dice roll. Where as Jr College is build for people like you.
>>
im 28 yo, i have a small business and give myself 2000 after taxes. and thats since 2 years ago.

i recently moved to my appartement i bought 5 years ago and got it rent for 4.5 years for like 700 euro's a month. my loan is like that on base of 30 years 700 a month first 10 years, 600 the next 10 and around 550 the last 10 years. i gathered a comfortable amount of money after all these years living at home. around 30000 which i bought a car from 2nd hands and now have +- 18000 on my account. i now live with my gf and save around 900 a month because i pay for my loan and 30 percent of the bills and food.
so i also dont get what the trouble is in usa if i see the midclass earns +- 35000 k a year.
>>
>>72935782
35k usd is about 30k euro. On top of that, a lot of people live in places well beyond what they can afford where 35k might as well be 10k.
>>
File: tumblr_nk7mcy99yq1thjbjao1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk7mcy99yq1thjbjao1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
>average house prices in my country are at 1mil USD
>have engineering job at Arcelor
>can afford it

Feels good to not be a pleb
>>
>>72935992
>live in a country with half a million people and a gdp of 60 billion.
>be anything other than well off
>>
>>72935495
Dude, I'm glad that you have nationalistic pride in a Korean company. But this whole conversation began with you bragging about some vague comment about how "Asians last"(lol)

I wouldn't be calling Kia the best car company in the world. It started fucking ragged and developed with help and internal pride.

Stop being so insecure. Korea was a hermit country, so i don't understand it. BTW, don't personally like kimchi, but i've only had the mass-produced American kind. but ssamjang is OFF THE CHARTS!
>>
File: luxembourg-armoiries-MPI.jpg (268 KB, 360x540) Image search: [Google]
luxembourg-armoiries-MPI.jpg
268 KB, 360x540
>>72936259

that's right

luxembourg best country
>>
>>72936293
Never said Kia was the best in the world

1. I said Asians last. To back that vague statement up I point to Japanese and Korean cars as being the most reliable in the world
2. not sure how you telling me Kia used to be crap changes any of that
3. If Kim chi tasted good it wouldn't be so good for you
4. I'm a white American
>>
File: walen.png (36 KB, 475x194) Image search: [Google]
walen.png
36 KB, 475x194
>>72935782
Belgium is fucking horrible when it comes to taxes.
Not many start-ups survive the first year here.
Due to income tax and all these other bureaucratic regulations which are full retard.

All for
>Solidarity maymay
Which we all know what it really means, so the federal state can keep up being retards, and fund those losers in Wallonia.
Cause they can't into basic economics that being a degenerate commie doesn't fucking pay or help society.
>>
>>72928718
>How much do think they would be saving out of that $45,000?

If the is living living together(utility and rent are shared expenses) and have no children, it doesn't sound THAT bad.

They won't be able to afford luxuries, but they'll be able to afford all the basics comfortably.
>>
I'm gonna leave with this statement.

Me and my gf are both working on our masters degree.
A house in belgium which costs 180k is just a 2bedroom small spaced house (nothing bad dont get me wrong) in a semi-okay boring town.
We pay a shitload of taxes, VAT of 21% and the lists goes on.

Right now it feels that I could be better of in the USA than in Belgium. why?
ALthough I pay less tax in the USA I will have to pay additional insurances (which are covered via taxes in Belgium) but here's the difference.
In the USA you can actually buy a nice place for 180k (3-4 bedrooms) so although i will have the same amount of money at the end of the month regardless where I live. I will have more property in the US for the same expenses. Thus to me it feels I get more for what I pay
>>
>>72928718
Considering that I live with my girlfriend and i only make 45k a year (shes a student), I can say with certainty that it's possible. After all my monthly expenses, I put a third of my paycheck into savings and an IRA. I make 2800 a month after tax, and I live comfortable in my 700sqft apartment with 900 bucks being taken out for saving.
>>
>>72928641
23k is not a lot of money at all. And houses in the US definitely do not cost 11k
>>
>>72931890
Damn. I mean, balkan architecture is shit and all, but that is just depressing. How do you even get home? You can't even pride yourself on your home.
>>
Wife and I live in Arkansas and pull in 45k after taxes. We can afford a car payment, rent, utilities, etc with enough for a couple hundred in luxury expenses all the while saving over 15k a year. It's not ideal for raising a family but we are only 24 so that's not currently a problem.
>>
I make 27k a year and I have 23k saved up from living at home. What do.
>>
>>72928641
I live in ne ks. Tired of renting. Fixed for 10 at %3.5. 124k. It's perfect
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, lazy ass fucking morons. I bought a Toyota Landcruiser for 4K with 300,000 miles on it. It runs like a top and I keep it that way. It will run for ever.
>>
>>72928641
Barista jobs are in cities not on the outskirts where housing is cheap. Often cheaper areas are not worth living in due to anti social behavior.

Minimum wage jobs used to be for young people. Now they are for full grown adult immigrants who are desperate to begin their family.
>>
>>72941512
I only took it as an example, check >>72938455
>>
>>72938455

You are a poofter. If you're willing to put in the work, patience and additional savings towards renovating, you can buy a 4 bedroom house with a 5 are garden (and I'm talking purely garden, not total area) for 150k in a semi-okay boring town. And I'm not even mentioning Wallonia.

Not saying Murrica isn't a better deal, just saying there's shitloads better out there than what you mention.
>>
File: 1460818155176.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1460818155176.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
>>72930492
Fucking leafs gonna leafs
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.