[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't diabetics join the army why did I have to eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: borntobewild.jpg (12 KB, 196x258) Image search: [Google]
borntobewild.jpg
12 KB, 196x258
Why can't diabetics join the army why did I have to eat like fucking shit as a kid I've got no job prospects in life and I can't even join the military.
>>
>>72928100
Fuck off you fat fuck. Type 2 Diabetics give us Type 1s a bad name.

Anyway the reason is that you would want someone having a hypo while in a dangerous situation as it would be a major liability. It sucks but it makes sense.
>>
>>72928241
While I use to be a fat fuck I'm not anymore also type 2 diabetes has been in my family since my great grandmother but I blame myself entirely it sucks but it makes sense I guess.
>>
i have type 2.

shit sucks.

it's so goddamn easy to treat: eat right and exercise. you don't even need meds.

but i'm a food addict.
>>
File: 1461957483469.jpg (402 KB, 730x780) Image search: [Google]
1461957483469.jpg
402 KB, 730x780
>tfw family buys the most unhealthy shit you can think of on a regular basis

There's never less than 300oz of soda in the house at any given moment...

How do i stop myself from drinking it?
>>
Joining the military is for faggots. You should be happy that you can't join that gay shit lol.

They tried to make my dad join the military for that dumb shit in Vietnam. Tried to draft him. He claimed to have flat feet and got out of it. Good thing too. He could've died over there fighting for some dumb bullshit and I would never have been born.
>>
>>72928604
Self control. Make a habit of drinking 5-6 glasses of water a day. Soda is full of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and other fucked up chemicals like MSG, etc
>>
>>72928100
Join the Peace Corps instead
>>
>>72928604
Hope your dad gets told he has high blood pressure and is pre-diabetic, and then hope he actually follows the doctors orders

I've been wanting to eat healthier but I was too afraid to say anything to my parents. I'm not even fat I'm just a drunk and figure my liver should be the only thing I'm damaging on a constant basis
>>
>>72928635
The would would have been just a little better off if he didn't draft dodge.
>>
>>72928635
>good thing
kek
>>
>>72928809
Takes a real long time to do liver damage, decades actually

And then when you do quit drinking it regenerates so it's really not an issue unless you're an old timer putting away a handle of vodka a day
>>
File: 0t8Fw.png (44 KB, 1077x663) Image search: [Google]
0t8Fw.png
44 KB, 1077x663
>tfw too short to join the Army
I don't even want to join the Army, I just don't want the government to also call me a manlet
>>
>>72928635
How is this a bad thing, you pinko bitch?
>>
>>72928604
>How do i stop myself from drinking it?
Just stop drinking it for 2-3 weeks and the cravings will go away. After a while (weeks/months) it won't even taste good when you drink it again.

Haven't bought the sugary carbonated jew in over a year. If you want to treat yourself with something sweet on a friday then just get some juice.

>b-but muh sugar
Yeah, its just as much sugar in it but its not full HFCS and other shit ''nutrients''
>>
>>72929001
Stormgagger who fell for the >fighting for Israel maymay

Joining the military is a great option for most young men especially since parenting seems to have taken a nose dive in the past few decades
>>
>>72928897
I just stick to beer, hard liquor usually ends up with me cutting myself or some other attention whoring nonsense.
>>
>>72928100
Get a real job. NEETs aren't going to feed themselves.
>>
>>72929160
I just avoid the liquor cause I'll guzzle it down and feel fine then it'll hit me all at once like a ton of bricks and I'll be shithouse to the max and pass out before the fun even begins

Beer kinda self regulates in terms of how fast it gets drunk up
>>
>>72928635
Tell him he did right, since that was France's shitshow; all that fighting did was allow communism to flourish like the Buddhists there wanted and it ended up like a shithole anyway.

All that fighting and death to send Nike manufacturing overseas.
Nope--fuck the military as an extension of corporate interests.
>>
My friend had to give up a professional sports career prospect because of type 1 so forgive me if type 2 fatties who do it to themselves disgust me, OP you fat fuck
>>
>>72928100
>why did I have to eat like fucking shit as a kid

It's more your genetics and lack of exercise.

Case in point: my parents fed me mcdonalds, candy, and soda my entire childhood. I grew up on junk food and sugar. I also played sports, rode dirtbikes, and rode a bike 15+ miles a day to hang out with friends, where we would play outside more.

I've got a few health problems from it, but I'm lean and fit with no 'beetus. I'm 33 years old.
>>
>>72928100
At least you don't have flat feet.
>>
>>72928635
Clearly him not joining the military was a mistake
>>
>>72928100

your age?
>>
>>72928100

I was diagnosed with Type 2. But lately I have been losing fat and making gains. I dropped my a1c from 8 to 6. Doc says she might change the diagnoses back to per-diabetic if I continue to show improvement.
>>
>>72933976

pre-diabetic*

auto-correct strikes again.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.