[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was slavery a mistake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12
File: Slavery19[1].jpg (160 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
Slavery19[1].jpg
160 KB, 760x572
was slavery a mistake?
>>
>>72919743
no
>>
Yes

We should have never dabbled into the trade of lesser humans.

Leave slavery to the african warlords and muslim scum
>>
>>72920069
Maybe the US wasn't ready for independence.
>>
>>72919743
No.
>>
Yes. You fucking retards imported millions of blacks and then you set them free, gave them rights and everything. That's why US is 60% white now, black president and white people afraid of going out because of daily chimp outs.
Without slavery US would be a white country. Modern feminism would probably not even exist. This insane fixation of ''racism'' wouldn't exist.
>>
>>72919743
Yes slavery was a mistake, Adam Smith proved that slavery was uneconomical. Which is one of the major reasons that caused us to stop.
>>
>>72919743
In the long run, yes it was. Sure, without slavery the South would not have been as prosperous, which would in turn mean less raw materials for the north to use for manufacturing and export. So the US wouldn't have gotten rich as quickly as it did. But on the bright side, no niggers.
>>
Yes, and not just because of hindsight of having black people here but that it destroys our country socially, morally, and economically.

Author on Washington, Edward Lengel comments on George Washington's view on Slavery:

"He didn't automatically react to it as a great good or a great evil but he studied it. What he latched onto initially was not a kind of a solely moral issue but was based on the fundamental principle on the right to work freely and the right to enjoy the fruits of your labor freely and the right to invest and prosper freely. And Washington believed that industry and morality were two sides of the same coin.

A moral man would be industrious, the industrious man is therefore a moral man. If you prevent a man from being industrious on his own account, you corrupt him morally and you corrupt yourself morally and it corrupts the nation, it enervates the nation.

He began to see what this would do over the long term to his own estate, not just looking at the short term, free labor but looking what would happen in the long term. Enslaved people will do the minimum possible. Naturally, they don't want to be enslaved. They want to be free. So they're going to do the very minimum that you tell them to do.

They're not going to innovate, they're not going to experiment, they're not going to work hard because they want to. They're only going to do what they're told and how are you going to grow over the long term that way? That is where he really saw the evil in slavery."

It corrupts us in the long run. We didn't even mention the reparations, social issues, and welfare that we face with today.
>>
>>72920001
FPBP

>>72920069
if youre even an ounce irish, youll realize one day that there was a time where irish were "lessor" human than even a fucking nigger.

Niggers were property. investment. irishmen would do batshit insane things for any sort of money. need to blow up a mine? dont sent the nig nog you spent $400 for, pay a retarded leprechun $5 and a bottle to go down a cave with a piece of dynamite.
>he didnt makeit out??
oh well, at least you have your $400 niig

its not like slavery was where you buy 2 or 3 nigs for 10 bucks each. they were like the new indentured servants, except they didnt fucking have the chance to leave.
>inb4 you think indentured servants had a chance
>>
>>72920236
Came here to post this. Slavery ruined this country. Just look at what it did to Detroit
>>
>>72919743
Not sending blacks back to Africa after they were free was a mistake...imagine if we did that, an all white America......we'd be like 50 years in the future
>>
Most slaveowners were Jews.
>>
>>72919743
medieval rulers knew it was a mistake
it's like you don't know about the good old "we'll free you from your chains if you rise up" tactic

slaves were always a liability
>>
Yes. There is no such thing as free labor, and we are paying for it now.
>>
>>72919743
Yes, but the bigger mistake was not sending them back.
>>
>>72922065
It's naive to think that you could ever send them to Africa.
If slavery is legal then obviously no one is going to send them to africa.
If slavery is illegal it's because blacks are seen as people and they are given rights, which makes it impossible to deport them all. The people who sympathize with black people aren't going to violently kick them out of the country after setting them all free. That's just what delusional Lincoln thought was possible.
>>
>>72922065
have you heard of liberia? that was a US creation
>>72920376
oh muhammed, you dont have a say in this
>>72922340
>>72921968
>>72921624
>>72921097
burger education / libreal agenda doing its job
>>
>>72922470
>fucking latvia..
it astonishes me that someone who has never seen a black negro in his entire life feels he can speak upon the fucking complexities of this issue.
>>
>>72922065
I don't even think having them around were a problem for the first 100 years after slavery. Sure there were some issues but overall they seemed to have assimilated into society and culture. Hell, the US used to pride itself with famous black comedians, musicians etc by the turn of the century.

But suddenly federal growth boomed, states lost power, welfare began, and a big progressive and egalitarian movement launched, the Great Society ushered in affirmative action which I believe has stagnated racial relations, even making them worse. Now look where we're at: Not just blacks, but we even fight among other white groups. We can't just say blacks alone are the inherent problem with the country today.
>>
>>72919743
yeah, now we have a bunch of useless niggers running around causing a fuck ton of crime and eating up welfare
>>
>>72922538
+1FP
>>
>>72919743
No. Without slavery America would have been mostly white. Slavery made America the progressive nation it is today.
>>
>>72922601
where in canada are the useless niggers?
theyre all, quite literally, concentrated where theyve always been:the south
>>
Yes. Devalues labor and you have millions of niggers complaining forever more
>>
File: aXm7835xjU.jpg (47 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm7835xjU.jpg
47 KB, 650x650
Slavery wasn't just a thing guys decided to do one day

it persisted in culture for centuries and we are living in a small slice of humanity where its mostly not a mainstream thing anymore.

shits gonna be weird for a long time
>>
>>72922065
It took 240 years or so to import 300,000 of them. You want to export over 4 million in a short amount of time. The logistics would be too difficult, and the costs too high for people to agree with that at the time.

Change the outcome of the John Casor suit, so blacks could only be indentured servants instead of slaves for life, and you eliminate chattel slavery in the US. We'd still have some blacks today, but their numbers would have been much lower, and they wouldn't have "muh 300 years of oppression" to fall back on for everything.
>>
>>72922477
>actually says burger
what are you a foreigner?
read a book retard
>>
>>72922650
t. Atlantic slave trade bookkeeper
>>
>>72922650
:^D Truly our greatest ally
>>
>>72922685
sure it's not as bad as it is over the border but they still exist here and cause a bunch of problems
>>
File: 1420756844457.jpg (788 KB, 1600x1128) Image search: [Google]
1420756844457.jpg
788 KB, 1600x1128
>>72922538
Not an argument.
I know more about these issues than the vast majority of Americans. You can't even explain why my reasoning is wrong, all you can do is go straight for the ad homs.

I've travelled a lot, I've seen plenty of black people. Does this make my posts more valid, or did you just use a nonsense ad homo?
Try reading the sticky, reddit.
>>
It amazed me that for hundreds of years; black slavery was so common and that no young child battered an eye nor anyone complain about this being inhumane.

It was like Nazi Germany; with so many Nazis following orders and not caring about young women and children they massacred.

So how could millions of white people be phsycopaths back in the 17th/18th centuries and not caring about how badly blacks were treated? Unless they literally thought of them as inhuman/as animals and therefore could dissociate them as people?
>>
>>72919743
>why did western society (READ: WHITE MEN) end (nearly) ALL slavery and why was it decided to be considered a mistaken practice

ftfy
>>
>>72922704
well technically, paying taxes etc is slavery but a very minor form of slavery.
>>
>>72920236
In America slavery shouldn't have existed, since now we have this wave of "anti-racism".

But, on the other hand, gypsies had arrived in Europe in the early 2nd millennia. They were (and still are!) a gullible, feeble and dumb kin, thus they could have done nothing without the help of the Europeans. They were taken slaves in all these countries: Habsburgic Empire, Wallachia, Moldova, Serbia, Bulgarian empire and later the Ottoman empire. We did not have any means of disposing of them, so we had to use them.

This is a whole other story, we did not burden with them.

>>72922538
Eastern Europe is not the same, things have changed in this new millennium since we belong to the EU. In my town I have seen a coon walking with his Romanian girlfriend. And my town used to have none 10 years ago. It was also revolting that he was 170cm tall and black, I do not know how he could attract a white girl.
>>
File: lerub.png (62 KB, 353x251) Image search: [Google]
lerub.png
62 KB, 353x251
>>72922650
>>
>>72922852
>no one batted an eye
I mean, there were always comments in literature about it since the classics
>>
>>72922756
nigger, where did you go to school?
unless youre still in high school as a freshman, you shouldnt have this view on slavery. You learn the truth junior year, and if your truly educated like me, you take AP US History.

my country's history has always interested me. so yes, you do have a fucking burger education if you truly think liberal agenda / propaganda has nothing to do with your perception on slavery.
>read a fucking book
wake up
>>
>>72919743
Absolutely.

100%

It was also a mistake not to follow through with Abe's plan of deporting them all.

It was also a mistake to not fully endorse Malcolm X's plans to migrate the population back.

Now we're dealing with the consequences of a populous raised on shirking personal responsibility and blaming it on societal structures.
>>
No, I'm pretty sure we did it on purpose.
>>
>>72919743

Yes. Enjoy your white guilt though.
>>
File: image.png (99 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 400x294
>>72922477
>>72920376

>you dont have a say in this
>>
>>72922852
Slavery was not even bad. They provided Africans with free foos, shelter, clothing, education, in return for physical labor. I'm sure it's a lot better than being a subject of Islam right now in some random asa African country.
>>
>>72919743
not really, it was a mistake for America if we knew what was going to happen
>develop the south on agriculture
>liberals bring slaves and shit and tell everyone YEAH ITS SO FARMING IS VIABLE
>10 minutes later after youve built your life around farming, which still doesnt get you much money EVEN WITH YOUR FREE LABOR the liberals say BUHU THATS RACIST WERE TAKING SLAVES AWAY ALSO WERE ONE NATION BITCH, FUCK STATES RIGHTS
>your entire life is now being threatened by the very fucking carpet baggers who got you into the farming game to begin with
liberals are cancer
>>
>>72919743
It was immoral, but blacks in america should be glad it happened. Even the poorest of them in the ghettos still live like royalty compared to most of africa.
>>
>>72922470
OK ill challenge your claims
>t's naive to think that you could ever send them to Africa.
well we tried to, we even made a fucking country: Liberia
>If slavery is legal then obviously no one is going to send them to africa.
Oh shit, what was the civil war? not a war on slavery, but a money war. slavery was making the south too powerful. the northerners / shipmakers wanted to retain power. cue civil war and muh emancipation proclaimation. can you imagine if you were lincoln?
>holy fuck, these northerners want me to literally kill myself and go against popular opinion all for a war and money
look what happened to abe.
>If slavery is illegal it's because blacks are seen as people and they are given rights, which makes it impossible to deport them all. The people who sympathize with black people aren't going to violently kick them out of the country after setting them all free. That's just what delusional Lincoln thought was possible
for christs sake, you make lincoln and the american people / majority sound like present day germany and she-male merkle..

I do kind of agree with you, i was just triggered by flag
>>
>>72919743
Well it was worth a try, but it didn't work so we should of sent them back
>>
Yes, they brought a bunch of niggers to America and it was only a matter of time until slavery gets ended. Now they have a nigger problem.
The slave trade was started by the Jews, they knew this would happen as it has happened many times throughout history. Fucking idiot Americans should have picked their own cotton, it's not even that hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 334x400
>>72922852
This shit post is brought to you by straya, excellence in shitposting since 1788. You ever heard of indentured servants like gee I don't know the fucking Irish? You didn't technically own them but which do you drive harder? The car you own or the car you rented?
>>
>>72923108
Yes, it also dodged lots of innocent children from their sickening customs, such as marrying 7 year olds.

But the problem in former slavery is the white man. If he had shown more pity to blacks, they would not have chimped out nowadays about "raycism". The treatment was equal bad to the one they would get in their environment: Africa.
>>
>>72922815
shut up, Latvia. nobody even knows where you are.
>>
>>72922852
The same way public opinion has shifted to people thinking late term abortion is okay, when before they considered that terrible, (also on one hand, some treated their slaves relatively well because they weren't cheap).
Also, slavery was expensive, but now we have globalisms, where some chink slaves do the work for cheap/no pay, and we don't have to worry about his health, feeding him, or even have to see him.
>>
>>72919743
Yes, it flooded the Americas with niggers that would inevitable hate us.
>>
>>72922852
if you really think about it, the majority of the time slaves weren't treated badly. so long as they were productive and respected their place in society, they probably lived better than they would have in Africa. the most egregious stories of abuse and tearing families apart certainly did happen, but on average most people were still humans and so they had compassion. they real abuses probably came as a result of the alien culture of africans. think about it. if you were a 17th or 18th century white person and you saw blacks acting like they do in Africa today... clitoral circumcision, animal and human sacrifice, fucked up pagan religious rituals , the fucked up language and incest, the genreal violent nature of native africans....

dude, in sure most people wanted to show these monsters compassion until they raped or killed or did something just ad foul
>>
>>72922852
You've fallen for the propaganda.
Only a very small proportion of the population owned slaves. Most of the slavers were Jewish.
It's not that white people were psychopaths. It's that Jewish people were psychopaths and a few greedy whites owned slaves too because of greed. Greed is always the main factor. Greedy people have always existed and they will continue to exist.
For the most part the slaves were not treated badly either, and a lot of people did speak out against slavery. If rich people decide to own slaves it takes a long time for the general public to turn the tide and make slavery illegal.

What you have to realize is that people hundreds of years ago were no different than people today. We may look at people in the past burning witches or attacking people who dare to suggest that Earth isn't in the centre of the universe, and we think of them as lesser people. They aren't. They're almost entirely identical to us.
If you took a bunch of modern people and sent them back in the past they wouldn't any bit different from colonials. Some of them would dislike slavery, but they'd be ok with it just because it's legal. Others would be alright with it because it's legal.
>>
>>72923005
>malcolm X plans to migrate population back

can you imagine how funny it would be, all those nigs like malcolm, going back to dindu land.

they wouldnt last 6 years
>>
>>72922852
KANGAROO JACK WITH THE BAIT HOLY KEK!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>72923399
You know exactly where I am. No one knows where you are. You could be a Mexican from Texas. You could be a nigger from New York. You could be an Asian from Ohio.

Imagine if I had an European Union flag and you couldn't tell if I am from Italy, Germany or France. That's what you Americans are.
Enforce state flags on /pol/ before you say you don't know where I am.
>>
>>72921879
Indentured servants had a chance to leave. Just not a very high one.
>>
>>72922965
If you're curious, I studied US government and economics in college and as a hobby I digest various literature, documentaries and whatever other content about history, economics and philosophy during my free time for the passed decade after graduating HS

I don't view my comments or views as liberal but I have a libertarian/laissez faire bias and I really doubt the modern liberal view would take an economic position on the failings of slavery

I'm not saying you're wrong on anything either, I agree for example that they hired cheap labor over slaves because of risk and cost. But my first posts point was that keeping slaves long term would have stagnated the countries ability to innovate, grow, and lead to moral decay like creating a lazy work ethic. Whether or not slaves were necessary for the establishment of the country is a whole other argument
>>
>>72923795
this is picking low hanging fruit off the tree latvia fag.
>implying you know what that saying means

just because our gene pool is larger and more diverse than your inbred post USSR era gene pool doesnt mean we arent unified as one country. thats the beauty of America. Pray to god you experience it in full blast as a citizen.

Most of the world shits on the US, yet if given the opportunity to immigrate here, the intelligent would.

Im even the son of an immigrant. how fucking american is that? (pretty american)

but for you? i nailed the head with a hammer. youre nothing but a product of post USSR gene pool swapping. for all you know you could be part fucking mongol. enjoy that pride
>>
File: 32782289.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
32782289.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>72923795
it was just a joke, Latvia. you didn't have to make it personal :'(
>>
>cotton trade was vital to the development and later industrialization of the American economy
>imported millions of niggers in the process
Monkey's paw.
>>
>>72919743
Well, it worked.
I don't like it, though, myself.
>>
>>72919743

the ending it part, yes.
>>
>>72924308
What a nice anti-white post. If you aren't fucking people of other races you're inbreeding. Very nice.

I didn't say a single negative thing about US, yet you're talking about everyone shitting on US. Why so defensive? I've got nothing against US. You've just fucking butthurt because people hurt your fee fees by taking smack about your country.
I am just pointing out that different states have different culture, different people and different laws. Being a US citizen is very vague. I don't identify myself as an European, I identify with the country I live in. I think it's weird you fags identify with a union of states, and not the individual states you live in.
>>
Yes.

Aside from a moral standpoint, it fucked everything up.

Now niggers have shit to complain about. Imagine if they were here, WITHOUT SLAVERY EVER HAPPENING?

"This country was built on the backs of my ancestors" is their most popular argument. It's hard to argue.
>>
>>72922150
>false
most slave owners were wealthy baptist white property owners who got their property via "muh manifest destiny"

someone correct me if im wrong, but it started with the poor irish/white slaves / scum of society (aka present day poo in loo people) and then since people were like holy kek were destroying our own kind and, well hey, look at these submissive savages!

cue slavery.
But if you want to point the blame on ANY country for slavery, look at spain and portugal. holy fuck. where do you think brazilians get their nig gene from. them and the carribean.

then it eventually spread to the americas.

Thats another thing that bothers me, its not like america was the worst offender in this matter, its just, unfortunatly, we have the mot progressive people who shine a negative light on anything they find socially injust.
>>
File: Kongo_audience.jpg (173 KB, 640x491) Image search: [Google]
Kongo_audience.jpg
173 KB, 640x491
>>72919743
Should Portugal formally apologize for introducing Blacks to the Western world?
>>
>>72919743
without a doubt yes it was a huge mistake. should've left them in africa.
>>
>>72924826
Maybe we would behave more like Europe today though?
>>
>>72919743
The one that took in niggers to America for cheap labour are the same people as the ones today that takes in spicks in America for cheap labour.
Reminder that based Lincoln would had shipped them all back to Africa if it weren't for a retarded southerner assasinating him.
>>
File: confederateJews.png (450 KB, 548x4480) Image search: [Google]
confederateJews.png
450 KB, 548x4480
>>72923518
Based Latvian knows whats up
>>
>>72924711
>No one knows where you are. You could be a Mexican from Texas. You could be a nigger from New York. You could be an Asian from Ohio

its not anti white, nigger.. america isnt europe (thank god). America, for centuries, has been called the melting pot of civilizations. Thats the thing that makes america great. That and its ability to produce a society of different cultures that coexist with each other, not some fucking hivemind weird ass mentality. given the different amount of cultures here. Holy kek.
Also, desu, I can tell when someone is from colorado, indiana, or illinois. demeanor, the way they look.
>asians in ohio
literally what the fuck point are you making about ohio? weirdos are from ohio, not asians.
thats the first thing that comes to my mind. that and poor blacks who ran away from the south (keeping in topic of this thread)

latvia nig, we wont agree simply because your perception on race is different than mine. I dont see this imaginary race issue you talk about. all my friends are white. all the asians i know are friends with asians (about 5% of the population here where im from) and all the nigs are on the sports teams so i never see them, nor do i gib 2 fucks about them. they get arrested by, you guessed it, whites.
>>
Can we just agree that it's never a good idea to import massive amounts of people from a foreign, more primitive, culture into your country?
>>
>>72925384
but to wrap up the point i was making at the last statement, is that at the end of the day, were all americans.

I have not a doubt in my mind that if america were to be attacked that everyone here would stand up and fight against the aggressors. black, white, chink, latina. etc.
we may be different, but were unified.
>>
>>72925384
You didn't address a single thing I said. Not a single thing. What the fuck?
You also didn't explain why you think it's not anti-white to say Latvia is inbred just because we aren't importing non-whites. How are you not an anti-white racist with a race mixing agenda?
>>
>>72919743

the mistake is that the niggers were not sent back after it ended
>>
>>72925653
youre literally not understanding anything im saying
>trying to fight with a non native english speaker

im going to bed. slaves were fucking great latvia nigger. you dont marry a fucking slave though. just like a white doesnt marry a chink. this is an unwritten rule in all societies, but the liberal media liked to shine the light EXTRA FUCKING BRIGHT on the exceptions. most of those couples are attention seeking and, eventually, result in a divorce.

Believe me. whites still stick with whites.. and whats wrong with me, a man of Mediterranean descend, fucking and marrying a blonde chick whos probably of German descend.
Pro fucking Tip: nothing at all. Both white.
I think youre mixing race with nationality. actually im certain you are.

>Imagine if I had an European Union flag and you couldn't tell if I am from Italy, Germany or France

idk, all white to me, dumb shit. a blond french bitch looks like a blonde belgian bitch looks like a blone german bitch.

if this is the case then youre truly an autistic inbred with mongol Post USSR era blood.

enjoy your mongol blood
>>
File: 1451803578113.png (22 KB, 362x352) Image search: [Google]
1451803578113.png
22 KB, 362x352
>>72922852
>black slavery was so common and that no young child battered an eye nor anyone complain about this being inhumane

People ended up fighting a war over it man.

>so many Nazis following orders and not caring about young women and children they massacred

not even trying straya
>>
>>72926302
>can't argue
>''English is my first language, tough luck, kid!''
What a fucking moron. You're American and I speak better English than you. What does that say about you?
>>
>>72926502
>You didn't address a single thing I said. Not a single thing. What the fuck?
>>
File: LATVIA.jpg (60 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
LATVIA.jpg
60 KB, 625x351
>>72926502
FUKKIN MONGORRIAN!!!!!!!!
>>
>>72919743

Yep, biggest mistake. We should've picked our own cotton. We wouldn't have many of the 'problems' we have now. Imagine a world without no nigger ghetto culture. No BLM, black panthers, 'dats waycist!' shit. It was an easily avoidable issue, either by never doing it, or at least forcible expulsion after the civil war.
>>
>>72919743
Well yes, there could be a fucking ocean between blacks and the usa now.
>>
>>72927052
just like there couldve been a fucking span of more than 2000 miles between you and Alekzandar osama al Shareef Muhammed bin Halifa and the rest of isis?

which would you rather have?
Predictable nigs or unpredictable mudslimes?
>>
>>72927171
Neither which is why slavery was a mistake.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.