[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study: Fat People Metabolism/Hunger Hormones Ruined (Permanently)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
nyti.ms/1O9EG21
>Danny Cahill won Season 8 of NBC’s reality television show “The Biggest Loser,” shedding more weight than anyone ever had on the program — an astonishing 239 pounds in seven months. When he got on the scale for all to see that evening, Dec. 8, 2009, he weighed just 191 pounds, down from 430.

>But in the years since, more than 100 pounds have crept back onto his 5-foot-11 frame despite his best efforts. In fact, 13 of the 14 contestants studied regained weight in the six years after the competition. Four contestants are heavier now than before the competition.

>A study of Season 8’s contestants has yielded surprising new discoveries about the physiology of obesity that help explain why so many people struggle unsuccessfully to keep off the weight they lose.

>“It is frightening and amazing,” said Dr. Hall, an expert on metabolism at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, which is part of the National Institutes of Health. “I am just blown away.”

>It has to do with resting metabolism, which determines how many calories a person burns when at rest. When the show began, the contestants, though hugely overweight, had normal metabolisms for their size, meaning they were burning a normal number of calories for people of their weight. When it ended, their metabolisms had slowed radically and their bodies were not burning enough calories to maintain their thinner sizes.

>Researchers knew that just about anyone who deliberately loses weight — even if they start at a normal weight or even underweight — will have a slower metabolism when the diet ends. What shocked the researchers was what happened next: As the years went by and the numbers on the scale climbed, the contestants’ metabolisms did not recover. They became even slower, and the pounds kept piling on. It was as if their bodies were intensifying their effort to pull the contestants back to their original weight.
>>
>The study’s findings, to be published on Monday in the journal Obesity, are part of a scientific push to answer some of the most fundamental questions about obesity.

>Dr. David Ludwig, the director of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center at Boston Children’s Hospital, who was not involved in the research, said the findings showed the need for new approaches to weight control. “This is a subset of the most successful” dieters, he said.

>“If they don’t show a return to normal in metabolism, what hope is there for the rest of us?”

>Slower metabolisms were not the only reason the contestants regained weight, though. They constantly battled hunger, cravings and binges. The investigators found at least one reason: plummeting levels of leptin. The contestants started out with normal levels of leptin. By the season’s finale, they had almost no leptin at all, which would have made them ravenous all the time. As their weight returned, their leptin levels drifted up again, but only to about half of what they had been when the season began, the researchers found, thus helping to explain their urges to eat.

>Leptin is just one of a cluster of hormones that control hunger, and although Dr. Hall and his colleagues did not measure the rest of them, another group of researchers, in a different project, did. In a one-year study funded by Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council, Dr. Joseph Proietto of the University of Melbourne and his colleagues recruited 50 overweight people who agreed to consume just 550 calories a day for eight or nine weeks. They lost an average of nearly 30 pounds, but over the next year, the pounds started coming back.

>Dr. Proietto and his colleagues looked at leptin and four other hormones that satiate people. Levels of most of them fell in their study subjects. They also looked at a hormone that makes people want to eat. Its level rose.
>>
>>72839798
>>72839619
so there's no point in trying?
>>
Bullshit.
>>
>>72839798
>“What was surprising was what a coordinated effect it is,” Dr. Proietto said. “The body puts multiple mechanisms in place to get you back to your weight. The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time. We desperately need agents that will suppress hunger and that are safe with long-term use.”

>Dr. Ludwig said that simply cutting calories was not the answer. “There are no doubt exceptional individuals who can ignore primal biological signals and maintain weight loss for the long term by restricting calories,” he said, but he added that “for most people, the combination of incessant hunger and slowing metabolism is a recipe for weight regain — explaining why so few individuals can maintain weight loss for more than a few months.”

>Dr. Rosenbaum agreed. “The difficulty in keeping weight off reflects biology, not a pathological lack of willpower affecting two-thirds of the U.S.A.,” he said.

>The body puts multiple mechanisms in place to get you back to your weight. The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time.
>be hungry all the time
So maybe MUH GENETICS was right all along and it is really MUH BIOLOGY.

>>72839879
Basically, gastric Bypass surgery is really the only way.
>>
>>72839879
Do it anyway. Lost 25 Kgs and feel great.
Those who want to do it will do it anyway.

They probably regained weight because they thought they could give up on their new lifestyle but didn't realise that their default condition was fat.
>>
>>72839619
>>72839798
>>72840050
YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT IN ONE GO
It has to be slower and you have to adapt yourself and your diet to it. Of COURSE a diet doesn't work for a fat person if they don't STICK to it.
>>
They're picking the wrong foods when they're hungry. Yeah, maybe they're hungry all the time, but with the right diet/food choices you can eat snacks all day long ("grazing") and be fine.
>>
>Put on weight over the course of 40 years
>WHY DIDN'T I LOSE IT ALL IN SIX MONTHS?!

It took you decades to get here. Of course its going to take a long time to get back.
>>
>>72840102
Also want to add the way things are, this study will be debunked in 5 years or something. Earlier they used to say fat is bad for you but it was sugar that was the real culprit behind coronary diseases.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/wellbeing/diet/10634081/John-Yudkin-the-man-who-tried-to-warn-us-about-sugar.html
>>
File: 1381762464843.jpg (37 KB, 635x916) Image search: [Google]
1381762464843.jpg
37 KB, 635x916
I give up...
>>
>None of this explains why people get fat in the first place
>None of the studies are long term enough to see whether metabolism and hunger rates would return to normal after a significant amount of time

If you give someone a really strict exercise and diet regime then it's pretty obvious that they're gonna gain weight once it's over, because they go back to being the fucking retards that they were before.

If these shows / experiments weren't just 7 month crash diets and then goodbye then we might see some different results. The problem is that as soon as these retards don't have every aspect of their life controlled for them then they start pretending to themselves that added butter and sugar doesn't have calories, that their portions are smaller than they are and that they only cheat rarely.

No one has denied that it takes willpower to lose weight but these people are not given a chance for their bodies to adjust to the loss.
>>
>>72839619

Just means its more difficult, but still possible. Having gone from 300 to 195 myself I know how it is
>>
>>72839619
You can look at this study very differently...

When they were fat slobs their body was trying to process the calories as fast as possible to keep them from becoming a bedridden fatass unable to move under their own weight.

When they lost the weight their body eased off the accelerator - they no longer needed to burn all those calories so everything slowed down.

Having a slow metabolism is NO excuse to get fat.

Having a slow metabolism means you simply get to eat LESS.

If calories are turning into fat, that means you didn't need those calories. Your body is saying 'Well shit. We can't use that right now. Go put it over there."

This basically amounts to the old
>I eat healthy but I keep gaining weight!

argument that fat people make.

No. Calories in. Calories out. If you're getting fat, you're eating too much. Cut it out.

It's not rocket science and I'm baffled why there's so much mystery behind it.
>>
its called aging, of course your metabolism is slowing down. Eating like a fat fucking shit for 4 decades won't help either.
>>
>>72839798
>“This is a subset of the most successful” dieters, he said.
>“If they don’t show a return to normal in metabolism, what hope is there for the rest of us?”
Oh wow! So scientific! A sample size of 14! What a revolutionary study!
>>
>>72839879
bullshit

I went from 290 to 185. It has now been 6 years and I have only put on 12 lbs.

Why are people so intent on discouraging people from losing weight?
>>
I thought starvation mode or whatever they call it is largely a myth, and the lowest your metabolism will go from what it usually was would be 100-200 calories, which is nothing, really. Their real problem is that they aren't at fat camp anymore, and have other real life responsibilities that can keep them away from working out or psychologically affect them so they overeat etc.
>>
>>72839619
>It has to do with resting metabolism, which determines how many calories a person burns when at rest

This literally changes based on a billion different variables they can't possibly have measured, such as mood.
>>
>>72841017

>I only gain 20 lbs a decade

good luck reaching 70
>>
>>72840644
Pardon me if I'm leaning just a liiiiiiitle closer to the scientist who measured levels of relevant substances at the fucking level of the substrate than Nigel bin Laden's baseless conjecture based on fuck-all.
>>
>>72840415
What the study showed was that even 6 YEARS after a person reaches a healthy bodyweight down from their previous "normal" setpoint, their metabolism still will not recover to same caloric burn rates of when they were ham planets. A skinny ex-fat person's body will store more calories from the same meal a never-fat skinny person eats, and will actually hoard more calories than if had never lost the weight in the first place.

Likewise, their hunger control hormones are also permanently shot making them constantly feel starved.

So obesity is an intractable disease with changes to the body as permanent as amputation.
>>
>>72839619
Just shows we need to focus on preventing obesity in the first place, rather than letting people get catastrophically fat and then trying to fix it afterwards
>>
File: fatmonkeyAFP_468x417.jpg (64 KB, 468x417) Image search: [Google]
fatmonkeyAFP_468x417.jpg
64 KB, 468x417
>Lost fifty pounds over the last 18 months
>Still haven't gained it back

How fat do you have to be before the death spiral starts?

Although losing MORE than 50 lbs has been a chore.
>>
>>72840415
Confirmed retard who didn't read the article
>>
>>72841298
Thats what you want to believe, fattie.
>>
>>72839619
/fit/ btfo as usual. Baldcucks.
>>
File: 1317213877184.jpg (34 KB, 374x361) Image search: [Google]
1317213877184.jpg
34 KB, 374x361
>its 2016
>we still dont kill all fatties
>wtf
>>
>>72841266
This "study" is stupid though. It doesn't account for the fact that these people are so retarded that they let themselves get morbidly obese in the first place and then had to have every aspect of their life controlled just to lose the weight.

People fail at diets because diets don't change them as people. They're still lazy, gluttonous, unattractive people who love eating once they finish and they don't have the willpower to stick with their new diet and lifestyle.
>>
Do you really get so fat your body forces you to be fat? Damn good thing I'm slightly over weight I have hope
>>
>>72840636
Don't. I went from 216-lbs to 155-lbs five years ago and have maintained my weight.

>>72840833
I completely agree with you. Perhaps their leptin levels were super high because their body was telling them "No more food!" .. and once down at a normal weight they returned to normal levels.

I would expect metabolisms to slow as weight dropped. It's intuitive really.

>>72841017
>I have only put on 12 lbs.
Great job on your weight loss, but I agree with >>72841205 in that you need to be careful as that rate of weight gain is actually pretty fast. Don't let it creep back on. Take those pounds off this summer, will take you 3-4 months taking it easy m8.
>>
>>72839879
well there was a recent study that said if one can hold a stable weight for one year after significant weight loss the probability of keeping it off is very high. I went from ~280 to ~180 over the course of a year, kept it off for quite a while. Though went back up to ~240 slowly over five years, back down to ~200. USDA has recently approved leptin for therapeutic use, maybe that will help.
>>
>>72841980
>Don't. I went from 216-lbs to 155-lbs five years ago and have maintained my weight.
I am 340 though. It's too late.
>>
>>72841017
Misery loves company
>>
>>72842023
ur a big guy, you can do it
>>
File: 1462274878272.jpg (95 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1462274878272.jpg
95 KB, 653x490
>>72842023

Don't worry anon, I'm 400.
>>
>>72842081
>>72842086
I'm 500 actually, I lied about it so you wouldn't bully me too hard t b h. I am the bigger guy.
>>
This just confirms that letting your kid get fat is child abuse.

Should be able to seize custody of fat parents who give their kids shitty food like we do with alcoholics who provide their kids alochol.

Gotta break the cycle somehow
>>
>>72841733
Its really hard to oppose euthanasia with all those fatties being around.
>>
>>72839619
The doctors are looking at this the wrong way. They seem to be implying that it's a lost cause and people shouldn't bother exercising and dieting because of it--probably Jews trying to get the goys to obese themselves to extinction, or fat acceptance leftards (who are Jew puppets).

After you lose weight, you're supposed to eat LESS, not take in the same amount of calories you did when you were a lardass. That's the whole point. You're not a fatass anymore that needs a wheelbarrow-full of food. You start eating like a human being once again. You continue to exercise while you eat a sensible diet that cuts out the bad stuff.

If you eat the fat jew (fried everything, greasy food, etc) on the daily when you're a landwhale, you shouldn't be eating those kinds of foods anymore. If you used to go through liters of sugar water, stop--water without sugar is fine. If you used to eat enriched flour products (white bread, processed carbs, etc), don't.

It's not a hard concept. You've been given a second chance by shedding all that blubber. And you did it through hard work and sacrifice. Don't throw it all away. Stop eating what the Jew tells you. Stop eating fast food. Stop drinking sugary beverages. Stop eating fried everything--maybe once in a blue moon, but that's it. Stop eating processed shit. The knowledge of what the research says should drive you to work harder and maintain, or even go further.
>>
A non fat, high carb, high fiber diet is the way to go. veggie bean chili and whole wheat bread is my staple.

A high or even moderately fatty diet ruins the bodies metabolism.

Fills you up, but doesn't make you fat.
>>
>>72841594
Stick with it. I found losing the last 10lbs to be nearly as hard as the first 50lbs. As you get lower in weight, it gets noticeably harder to drop.

That said, going from 165-155lbs for me was a huge learning experience on what to eat. Because the calories were so much stricter, I learned WHAT to eat to feel full and make calories count. For example I used to snack on cheerios for a low calorie snack, but since switched to almonds because they have more fat and protein which keep me fuller longer.

>>72841298
>Likewise, their hunger control hormones are also permanently shot making them constantly feel starved.
They took a measurement of when the fatasses were huge, and then a measurement of when they were done with the diet, but they don't know where they started before they got fat. Maybe those levels of leptin were inflated when they were fat and are now back to normal.

I'm not a scientist so just throwing that out there to ponder.
>>
>>72842174
post pic
>>
File: 1462140306845.png (91 KB, 359x356) Image search: [Google]
1462140306845.png
91 KB, 359x356
Fuck
I've been fat since I was in 6th grade. I'm 21 now and I'm 230 pounds at 6'0. I was going to try to get /fit/ but I guess I should just stay this way instead.
>>
>>72842174
Do lipo or get a treadmill, go on it when Ghost or your favorite show is on.
>>
File: mfw.png (284 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
284 KB, 666x666
>>72840050
>>The body puts multiple mechanisms in place to get you back to your weight. The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time.

But, didn't we have another study recently that showed your body adapts to a weight loss if you keep it off consistently for about a year?

It makes perfect sense that the body adapts to a new equilibrium both with increases and decreases in weight and that it would try to "spring" back to what it considers normal state.

This would explain why fit people can gain a few pounds and easily shed them without any real effort, while the same pounds can be hard to keep off someone previously fat.

Bonus: this mirrors my own experience. Lost 45kg, real hard keeping it off for a year, required real effort and willpower, had massive cravings, then it just wasn't there anymore.

>>72840575
>this study will be debunked in 5 years or something

This is also a possibility, nutrition is one of the shittiest producing areas of research due to the massive bias influences from funding sources.
>>
>>72841205
>>72841980
I'm guessing if the guy you're responding to actually had the dedication and willpower to lose 105 lbs there's a strong possibility that the 12 lbs he put on is lean body mass from going to the gym or something. 2 lbs of muscle a year is a pretty good rate.
>>
DNP will prove to fix fat peoples metabolism

they just have to experiment with it
>>
>all these fat fucks
thanks for the self-esteem!
t. 18% bf
>>
>>72842429

I fucked around with DNP in the past. Didn't really do anything for me except raise my body temp to frightening levels.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 622x521
What kills you faster,being a skeleton or a fat fuck?
>>
>>72842429
Problem with DNP is that you don't learn healthy eating habits from it. If you are an athlete and use that shit you probably already know how to eat, but some fatass taking DNP will bounce right back to where they were because they won't learn what to eat and how much to eat.
>>
>>72839619
No shit
This is why everyone tells you to gain or lose two pounds a week maximum
>>
>>72842540
Fat fuck in terms of per population. 40% of deaths are related to obesity, less than .001% are due to anorexia.
>>
>>72842362
It's fine. That weight in America is acceptable enough to not have to worry about going out in public since people are so used to seeing 300lb+ folks waddling around. The only problem is you'll either need to settle for dating an equally fat chick or be single for the rest of your life. The latter is obviously preferable
>>
File: genetics.jpg (24 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
genetics.jpg
24 KB, 600x399
So i guess you have to burn calories by moving instead of resting then.
>>
File: pepe annoyed.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe annoyed.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>fatfucks have disorders that make them want to stuff their face at all times
>they go back to stuffing their face as soon as they relax or stop caring so much

Gee, who would have thought. Glad that our dear lord SCIENCE cleared this up for us!

Did anyone think you could get this fat without something being broken in your brain? Fatfucks are hopeless in the sense that you can't fix their desire for food, only hope they somehow keep the self-control up indefinitely. And this guy isn't the only person this happened to, one of those "fattest guy in the world" went back to eating mad too, and then died young.

This only applies to the real fatfucks though not the average Ameriburger who'se just fat because he doesnt care about eating McD 4 times a week.
>>
>>72840050

If that were true why is obesity an issue now? There are other factors involved in making people fat. Maybe reality shows permanently slow you metabolism?
>>
>>72842708

Women detest fat fucks tho. If you're fat, settle in for a life of solitude.
>>
File: BMI-Chart-eng.png (8 KB, 701x369) Image search: [Google]
BMI-Chart-eng.png
8 KB, 701x369
>>72842708
Unless he is pretty tall, that's overweight.

Just because being overweight is the norm in America, doesn't mean it is healthy.
>>
>>72842538
>Didn't really do anything for me except raise my body temp to frightening levels.
>Didn't really do anything
>except raise my body temp

That's literally what it does and how it works numbnuts.

The increase in temperature = more fat burned.

>>72842429
>DNP will prove to fix fat peoples metabolism

No. I looked into this as an option and while bodybuilders use it to great effect, fat fucks don't change their habits if they can take DNP and shed some weight.

The fast weight loss will give you saggy skin, the no effort miracle cure pill will just make you eat like a pig and gain it all back.

Plus extra dangers like actually dying from burning up at a cellular level, and associated risks with glaucoma and macular degeneration.
>>
>>72842540
fat fuck for sure
>high blood pressure all the time
>high cholesterol
>clotting factors up the wazoo
>constant risk of heart attack/stroke as early 25 if fat enough

there's even been some cases of really fat kids getting heart attacks and strokes as early as 14. It's deadly as fuck
>>
>>72842708
Honestly, after thinking it over I'll still try and lose weight. I'll probably lower my expectations though.
>>
Anyone exercise well, eat well and then just eat like shit and have a huge hunger crave?
>>
stop talking about this stuff, lads. Makes me want to go for a walk.
>>
>>72842867
This chart for women?
>>
>>72842867
Of course it's not healthy, but who really cares? I'd rather die of heart disease at 45 than old age at 70.
>>
>>72839619
fuck normies, im going for a run, il show them
>>
>>72839619
wow, so if you repeat this enough times your metabolism will be slow enough that you don't have to eat and you can't starve to death? great, we just saved a lot of money on food

(this is fat people "not my fault i'm fat" propaganda if you couldn't tell)
>>
>>72842811
they seem to hate short guys too, but im short, and i fuck girls all the time. its not that they hate short guys, its ust that it takes more for them to respect us. being tall they respect you more without doing anything just my 2 cents being 5'5''
>>
>>72843161
FAAAAAAT
YOU'RE GONNA GET FAAAAT
YOU'LL APPEAR IN FAT HATE THREADS AND WE'LL MOCK YOU
YOU'LL BECOME HUMAN TRASH
>>
File: 1459028205438.jpg (5 KB, 236x199) Image search: [Google]
1459028205438.jpg
5 KB, 236x199
>>72839798
>there is a scientific journal called Obesity

Degeneracy.

Once fat, always fat, in 99% of cases.
>>
>>72841757
In the last few days I had been thinking about this sort of stuff. My friends and I just started going to the gym all together and we all started on different levels. I've always been fit but they have been or are overweight. When they ask me tips on nutrition and exercise I tell them what I think they should do, but I always think by myself "No way someone like you who has been fat before can reach my level of fitness. Your past fat will always hunt you"

You didn't need research to know this, it's obvious
>>
Welp, guess the solution is clear then. Ban fat people from breeding so we can get the fat gene out of the human population.
>>
File: 1378866200492.jpg (55 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1378866200492.jpg
55 KB, 228x221
>>72843389
Come on, man. Don't be such a big bully
>>
>>72843099
>Anyone exercise well, eat well and then just eat like shit and have a huge hunger crave?

a high fat diet will do that. Cut all fat from your diet.
>>
>Rosenbaum
>>
>>72843446
IF YOU WERE LIFTING YOU'D HAVE A CHANCE
BUT YOU'RE NOT
KEEP EATING THAT BREAD AND DRINKING THAT SODA, FATTASS
MAKE THE JEW HAPPY
>>
>>72842368
Conflicting studies are nothing new.

It's possible that the super fat may have permanently "broken" their ability to adapt to a lower level, or that they need to hold steady for 3-5 years for their leptin levels to recover.

>>72842429
Unfortunately the road there will have loads of burned out fuckers and broken metabolisims along the way.
>>
Weight loss is bullshit term.

I tell you what you should do, very fucking simple:

- restrict carbohydrates
- do some kind of cardio at least 2-3 times a week, even just riding a bike

Thats it.

Basically all these people who gain back the weight they lost have in common is that they dont change their lifestyle permanently. And if you're not willing to do that its pointless.
>>
>>72839879
More like don't get fat in the first place.
>>
>>72839619
>tfw biggest loser is basically a research show
>>
>>72843612
You don't lift to lose weight, Pedro.
>>
>>72843537
Are you retarded or just a troll? A high fat diet will keep you satiated longer. It's partially (if not entirely) why keto diets work so well.
>>
>>72843537
Thanks anon, I'm cutting all that shit out of my diet.
>>
>>72842867
wow im obese with visible abs
>>
>>72843710
> You can diet down to, say, 120 pounds. But do you want to be 120 pounds of sleek, sexy muscle, or 120 pounds of gross, flabby loser? Exercise largely dictates the outcome.
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
Of course, you're technically right.
>>
File: 0.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>Be fat whole childhood until 17, about 210 lbs
>Start riding my bike up and down the canal 3x a day
>Weight dropping, looking forward to finally looking good and gaining some confidence
>Weight gone, end up with some loose skin, cut down 138lbs to make it's skin and not fat
>End up less confident and more self-conscious than before
>>
Did they work out?
Were they just sneaking food?
>>
You fat fucks will do anything to justify your laziness. You should all be gassed.
>>
EX-ER-CISE

And eat once a day. Your body isn't magic. It's not a perpetual motion machibe. If you deprive it of calories, it will burn fat. If you use the calories you consume, you will not gain fat.

You aren't a magical infinite source of energy and fat!
>>
>>72842867
>tfw off the chart
>>
Fat burns calories too like muscle does to a much lesser extent. If you have more fat you burn more calories but you're also consuming excess too. Also yeah neglecting your body for years will ruin your hormones and organs. None of this is surprising
>>
>>72839619

that's actually a god tier trait for survival situations

they have a bag of fat to burn through and then they can live with reduced calories

I'm impressed
>>
File: brian-shaw-ppcorn3.jpg (244 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
brian-shaw-ppcorn3.jpg
244 KB, 1400x1400
>>72843982
Lifting doesn't lose weight, it builds muscles. You diet and run to burn fat. He'll just end up strong and fat.
>>
Just smoke weed you fags. You won't feel hungry all day if you blaze enough.
>>
>>72844538
how is that bad?
>>
>>72844545
why does all the terrible advice comes from Canada?
>>
>>72841986

This.

You have to maintain the weight until your body adapts. Changes to the body are usually resisted. ie getting fat in the first place and then losing it again.

Time is needed. That's the fix. There's no get-fixed-quick scheme here. No trick. Just time and effort.
>>
>>72844604
Well if your whole goal is not to be fat then just building more muscle won't help you as much as doing cardio and cutting calories. Of course having more muscle helps weight lose overall though and is almost never a bad thing
>>
>>72844538
Muscles require far more maintenance, thus increasing the minimum calorie expenditure (is that the word? I'm not sure).
It's far more effective than cardio for losing the first pounds, and it won't demolish his joints. Of course cardio is important, but for fat people weight lifting is the starting step.
>>
>>72844538
You can lift and maintain most of your muscle while losing weight.
>>
>>72843393
Fuck you, I'm not just going to give up. I'm going to win this.
>>
Why don't they eat celery and stuff like that?

Seriously. I quit smoking after decades and it really bothers me because I started when I was a kid and it's just so ingrained, so I eat celery and peapods and carrots and stuff instead, and that stuff totally can fill you up and you gain no weight from it at all, I've lost weight, I started getting a bit of a muffintop in my late 30's and that's completely gone now.

Have your regular meals and then when you need something beyond that, stuff your face with raw veggies. You could gorge yourself on celery and it won't make you gain weight.
>>
These findings don't seem to explain the fact that in the 50s, America wasn't dealing with widespread obesity problems, and it wasn't like people were starving to death.

What it sounds like to me is people are wrecking their bodies with shit food over the course of multiple decades, and their bodies just eventually get so acclimated to shitty foods that they reject any change in their diets as some sort of survival mechanism.

I mean, it make sense that you can't cram your body with McDonalds and Fruit Rollups every day for 30 years, and there wouldn't be some kind of permanent health consequence to this behavior.
>>
>>72844722
O right, I'll give you that american advice, get lipo.
>>
File: 1462301607767.jpg (100 KB, 797x720) Image search: [Google]
1462301607767.jpg
100 KB, 797x720
>>72839619
/fit/ here to inform you all to never give up.
>>
>>72842174

If you have an injury like a disk herniation you're going to kill yourself and I ain't kidding.
>>
>>72844832
>>72844538
It's called shredding.
>>
>>72843312
>I'd rather die of heart disease at 45 than old age at 70.

You overestimate how much ageing affects you mentally.
You can still be sharp, healthy and enjoy life at 70.
>>
File: compar_anon.jpg (362 KB, 1138x1128) Image search: [Google]
compar_anon.jpg
362 KB, 1138x1128
I did a cut from 225 to 145 lbs and then immediately started to lift weights to cement the progress and don't fall back into the fat abyss. Feels good man.
Left - before, right - after end of the cut and 6 month of lifting
>>
File: 1451250096207.jpg (79 KB, 538x810) Image search: [Google]
1451250096207.jpg
79 KB, 538x810
>>72840050

>The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time

Alright, this is purely personal anecdotal evidence here, but I was 330 pounds and now weigh 190 pounds. Through this journey, I discovered something I never even thought about before I started.

WEIGHT LOSS AND HEALTH ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS.

Wanna lose weight? Eat less calories. Simple.

Wanna lose weight and regain your health which will thus ensure your hormonal functions return to normal and reverse any diseases you have? Eat right. Not eat less. Eat right. Take care of your diet and your weight takes care of itself.

When I first started, I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I was only eating a few apples a day and lost over 100 pounds in 10 months. But then my hair started falling out and my skin was turning dry and flaky. I ended up in the hospital for two weeks with malnourishment. I decided "Fuck it, I tried" and then put the weight back on.

Then I decided I did it wrong the first time and would give it another try. I studied and studied and reached a breakthrough the weight loss and health are two different things. Take care of your diet, your health and your weight take care of themselves.

I adopted a mostly plant-based diet with some meat and fish here and there. Breakfast was a giant bowl of brown rice mixed with black beans and avocados with two enormous salads with tuna fish. Lunch was a turkey breast patty cut up over brown rice, beans, and a gigantic pile of roasted vegetables. Dinner was another gigantic salad with tuna fish. I forced myself to finish a gallon jug of water before the day was over.

I was never sick of the foods I was eating. They tasted good and were easy to cook. I was never bored or craved anything. And I was never hungry. I started sleeping better, feeling better, and after the fourth week, I felt like fucking Superman. A year on, and I'm 190 and my exercise? A walk around the block. Eat right, not less.
>>
>I went from big to small
>When I eat the same amount of food that made me big I get bigger
>Muh metabolic damage

These fucks just failed to eat an appropriate amount of food to maintain their smaller size. No shit your metabolism slows down. You just went from a 800lb ambulocetus to a 180lb homo sapien.
>>
>>72844946
Why is /fit/ so gay?

I swear its the most homosexual board on 4chan
>>
I don't believe this shit. I lost over 50 lbs and I've kept it off for more than four years so far.

If there's any consequence, it's from crash dieting. I lost weight through a reasonable calorie cut and exercise.
>>
>>72842174
Don't eat anything in the morning when you wake up, drink a cup of coffee and go walk for an hour. You'll shed pounds easily.
>>
>>72840102
>Lost 25 Kgs and feel great.
damn, that's a lot of poo. good work my friend
>>
File: faggot.png (446 KB, 462x554) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
446 KB, 462x554
>>72845093
>>
>>72845068
You're lucky you didn't have any loose skin
>>
>>72842368
>But, didn't we have another study recently that showed your body adapts to a weight loss if you keep it off consistently for about a year?
And that's why you change things up a bit.

You've heard of the term 'plateau' before, right? It's the concept of your body getting used to something to maintain equilibrium, as you've stated. That not only applies to muscle mass "gains" and strength gained, but it also applies to other things like weight lost, endurance, and so on. When you hit a plateau when working out, the solution is not to stick to a routine. Don't lift the same amount of weight, even if the goal is just to maintain. Don't do the same exercise on the same day week after week--if Monday is always 'leg day', do it on Wednesday next week. The same theory could be applied to diets.

The theory is keep changing up your diet so your body remains confused and wouldn't be able to adapt (ie body coming up with a way to efficiently process and store), thus continuing progress instead of hitting that plateau. In the case of keeping weight off, switching diets is probably necessary. If you stick to a routine of eating the same things every day or every week, your body will recognize the pattern and will adapt accordingly. You need to start trying other things like grilled/steamed fish, grilled chicken breast, and eating steamed/grilled veggies and such, if you're so used to eating meat either fried or bbq'd. And you should never eat the same things day in, day out. Don't eat the same kind of fish/chicken/protein cooked in the same way the previous day. Pickle veggies, sans the sugar (use salt and/or vinegar) to have that variety. Eat veggie soup or gazpacho or something. The good thing about this is that you'd also learn how to cook beyond placing something in the grill or frying pan, or in a pot of boiling water.

Eventually, you'll reach a point that your body is always burning calories, no matter what you eat, and that takes years. It's possible.
>>
>>72844538

> strong and fat

High test
>>
>>72845068
Looking good, anon
>>
>>72845068
If that's really you, would.

/r9k/ types will never understand this, but easily 90% of them would be fuckable if they just weren't fat. Your left picture is unattractive, I wouldn't even think of it. The right picture is very attractive.

Just the way female brains are hardwired, I can't help it.
>>
>>72839619
But did these people exercise, or did they just deprive themselves of food?
https://www.princeton.edu/campusrec/How-Exercise-Changes-Our-DNA-NYTimes-com.pdf
>>
File: 1344828260248.jpg (39 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1344828260248.jpg
39 KB, 400x550
>>72839619
>lose weight, takes less calories to move your fatass around all day
>fatties regain weight because they literally cannot stop shoveling food down their gullet

>>72839879
Of course their is, just retain an ounce of fucking willpower.

>>72840050
>Basically, gastric Bypass surgery is really the only way.
Stay fat you dumb poor piece of shit.
>>
My problem is I have no ambition and I'm lazy in general so I don't feel like working out.
>>
>>72845188
Don't be rude. /fit/ is God tier.. My second board. I guess someone didn't take the iron pill.
>>
just change your lifestyle you fat fucks
waah i went back to my previous habits and now i gain weight
waah i eat unnutritional fucking garbo and my body is dying wow looks like it's impossible
fucking degenerates
>>
>>72845260
Yeah, it could be an issue if I'd let myself to become a ~260-280lbs monster
>>
File: 1421358091412.jpg (47 KB, 521x343) Image search: [Google]
1421358091412.jpg
47 KB, 521x343
>"people" with who have 3 digits in their weight
>>
>Falling for the jew
Educate yourselves, especially you murricants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
>>72842362
if you took the liberty of reading the article. its typical to put on weight after losing large amounts of it. but it stabilizes afterwards.
>>
>>72845253
What the shit is a homemade coconut
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 449x442
>>72845253
>/pol/ doesn't activate it's almonds
>>
>>72845514
Fuck off skeleton this board is for actual people.
>>
File: 1726716516.jpg (247 KB, 2197x1465) Image search: [Google]
1726716516.jpg
247 KB, 2197x1465
>>72845514
>"people" who are less than six feet tall
>>
>>72845068
Fucking impressive.
>>
>>72845514
I know, its hard to imagine nations having enough food to eat
>>
File: 1422195505783.jpg (97 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1422195505783.jpg
97 KB, 720x960
>>72845514
Hungry skeleton shoo shoo before you steal my gains
>>
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 2048x1536
>>72844244
>eat once a day
Just go on a keto cut what is wrong with you. After the cut is over it's time to leave humanity behind faggot 4 scoops every hour!
>>
>>72845068

What's your before and after diet?
>>
>>72845068
Curious to what your cutting routine was.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 565x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 565x678
>not being a hungry skeleton
How can you spook people?
>>
>>72841608
This. Feeling starved is a lot different to being starved. It's a fucking addiction and addiction is all in the mind. These people are just weak.
>>
>>72845656
I think he means the metric system.
At 100kg you are a fat ass.
>>
>>72842318
>A non fat, high carb, high fiber diet is the way to go
>Fills you up, but doesn't make you fat.
This, although not just exclusively this.

You can trick your body into thinking it's full and stay full longer by eating a high fiber and high protein diet.

Protein allows you to feel full longer. It's in the way the body processes protein into energy--it takes longer compared to starch-rich carbs.

Fiber can't be digested by the body, so it's not really calories--think of it as filler. Also, it absorbs more liquid and expands, tricking your stomach into thinking it's full when it's nothing but fiber that's bloated from liquids.

But you can't just stick to this diet. Change it up to keep your body eternally confused and unable to adapt.
>>
>>72845068
Mah nigga I did 270->178 never going back to a fatass again. I could cut more but I do enjoy drinking on the weekends.
>>
>>72845736
>>72845656
>>72845723
>fatties
>fall American
What are the chances... OH RIGHT, 1 IN 3
Oh wait, that's outdated
OUT
OF
MALES

INTO THE OVEN YOU GO
>>
>>72845068
this is fucking amazing, went from vomit baby body to maximum fuckable
>>
>>72841594
Death spiral probably starts once you reach the point that people feel physically sick just looking at you. You know what I'm talking about. Where your fat starts to fold in areas that appear inhuman, and parts of your body that shouldn't ever touch other parts of your body start doing so.

But that isn't a scientific observation by any means.
>>
I'm starting to eat well. Can diet alone help me lose weight or would you risk being skinny fat?
>>
File: 1422359134990.jpg (119 KB, 500x949) Image search: [Google]
1422359134990.jpg
119 KB, 500x949
>>72845991
>implying I'm fat
>implying I don't live in the fittest state in the union
>implying I didn't just finish a 8 mile bike ride this morning
>>
File: manlet.jpg (41 KB, 556x287) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
41 KB, 556x287
>>72845991
shoo manlet
>>
>>72845949
That's only 220lbs. Hardly a fat ass unless you are a manlet.
>>
>>72839977
Yep. Lost 40kg over a decade ago, haven't struggled with weight since. If I put some on I just scale it back and I'm back to my usual self in a week or two. Highly advise people seek to get in shape though, not just drop body weight.

>>72841205
He's completely aware of his weight and will scale it back before it ever gets to that point. Maintaining weight is a normal procedure for people who aren't fat as fuck. That's how you stay not fat as fuck. Monitoring your weight and putting the brakes on every now and then.

>>72841298
>What the study showed was that even 6 YEARS after a person reaches a healthy bodyweight down from their previous "normal" setpoint, their metabolism still will not recover to same caloric burn rates of when they were ham planets.

This is because they had more body mass and expended more energy in their hamplanet state. There's no such thing as a "destroyed metabolism" and "slow metabolism" versus "fast metabolism" is broscience bullshit. They've researched this extensively and variations between human metabolisms even in extreme circumstances are barely the calories of a Snicker bar. It's not a make or break scenario. When you lose weight you have to eat for the body of someone who has less mass.
>>
>>72842174
stop eating
just stop
drink lots of water though and take some minerals
>>
>>72846119
I'd build muscle too, you'll feel better and meet your goals faster because the muscles will burn more calories. You should instead of eating first thing in the morning, drink some coffee and go walk for 30 mins-1hr and it'll help mobilize fat and increase your metabolism. Make sure you're on an empty stomach though
>>
>>72839879

The report is retarded.

>Muh Metabolism!!

>...oh yeah, they went back to eating like pigs too

Granted, it's apparently their Leptin levels that are causing an increased feeling of hunger, but again...it's a matter of self control.

There is also the fact that they are studying people who underwent extreme crash diets.

If you do it properly, as I did, it's much easier.
>>
>>72846215
Sorry but 220lbs is fat as fuck for just about anyone except a 7 foot freak, but I just looked at your flag and now it makes sense why you'd think that
>>
>>72845815
I care only about calories and protein. Other than that I eat and drink all kinds of shit, from clean food to processed garbage. For cutting it's usually ~1k cal deficit. During the lifting period just sticked around my TDEE. In both cases I consume ~1.3\g of protein per 1kg of lean body mass.

>>72845820
D N P
N
P

>>72845972
Moderate drinking can be ok, but sometimes I just start to stuff myself with food when I'm drunk.
>>
>>72842540
skellingtons are actually more healthy than normal people if they drink enough milk
>>
>>72840050

>To be hungry all the time

Yes.

This is like saying it's okay for teenagers to rape incessantly because they are horny all the time.
>>
>eating poached eggs on toast w/ nutritional yeast as I read this thread
>>
>>72846290
Thanks, the only problem I have is my work schedule. I will block off time each week (from meetings) to hit the gym with a trainer as I don't know shit about working out.

I already started a diet of where I eat: skinless chicken, parsley, lentil everyday. Just started this shit about a week ago and already cut sodas and other shit out of my diet.
>>
>>72844538
>Lifting doesn't lose weight

It burns calories, which is the goal when you're trying to drop body fat. If you've never touched a weight before you can expect to gain a small amount of strength and generally end up with a better result aestheticswise than if you hadn't lifted anything whilst dieting versus just dieting or just dieting and doing cardio. In fact I'd advise people avoid doing the last one. You really don't need to be adding the stress of cardiovascular exercise on top of a calorie deficit, it's preferable that you perform resistance training.
>>
It really isn't muh genetics.
It's what >>72840833 said and the fact that they trained themselves to be hungry for years. Of course they will feel weird not eating as much as they were used to. Doesn't change the fact that calories in, calories out is the simple truth.

If you are fat, it will be hard to loose your weight and even harder to stop yourself from eating too much once you have lost it, even if it is just a bit too much.
You are an addict and most addicts have a hard time never falling back into the shit they used to take be it drugs, alcohol or food.
>>
>>72842429
Iv done a cycle of dnp 250 mg once a day for three weeks

Shit hospitalized me, mother fucker overdosed my pills and my liver was close to failing.

Dont buy dnp, you seriously dont know what your getting
>>
>>72846364
I know the "AMERICA IS FAT" meme is just a meme, there's some truth to it.

220 lb in USA is considered above average / overweight, while in other countries they consider it Obese.

Obese in USA starts at about 300 it seems, though there's so many people now who hit as high as 500, that 300 is starting to become very normal.
>>
>>72839879
I've dropped and kept off 80 pounds for 5 years.
>>
maybe for morbidly obese people, but its more likely they just get back into old habits because it's basically crack for them and the pathways created by feeding the addiction in their brains still exist
>>
>>72846394

This is how I lost 37kgs initially. Put back on 8kgs in the year and a bit since, which puts me at the upper end of my BMI but just under the line.

I could have done it much better, but I'm lazy (hence getting fat in the first place).

But - X amount of calories, 75% of my bodyweight in pounds in grams of protein. Took like 1.5 years and initially 2-3 days of exercise to get there, but it wasn't hard. My diet was basically just similar shit but portioned.

The hunger thing was only really for the first few months.
>>
>>72846592
Oh yeah, I've heard about that as well.

My old man has pretty high blood pressure and he told me that in America it would be considered normal.

I guess this is just another case of "Altering the standards/definition to skew the numbers".
>>
>>72845068
You guys are retarded, i see this image on fit at least once a day
>>72845304
>>72845382
>>72845704
>>72845820
>>72845815
>>72845260
>>
>>72846592
I'd be willing to bet you could go almost anywhere and be 220lbs and nobody would call you fat if you were over 6ft.
>>
>>72839619
The article should be about crash diets and gorging.

Instead its a fat acceptance piece, but I'm willing to bet that the data has several unrecorded positive correltions
>>
I'm surprised no one saw the name in OP's green text

>>rosenbaum

I thought something was fishy
>>
>>72839619
turns out crash diets aren't a good idea
turns out reality tv shows are really purely exploitative of people

whew, we learn new things everyday don't we?
>>
>>72846806
Hunger for me is 90% mental thing, so I just trying not to keep any snacks around me

>>72846879
Give me a sec, I'll make a fresh photo for you. I had no idea people repost my pic on /fit/
>>
HEALTH
AT
EVERY
SIZE
>>
>>72846806

Oh yeah, and I'm not saying I'm perfect.

I fluctuate around 5kgs.

Basically my one scheduled cheat meal balloons into a weekend of partying and drinking and eating like shit once in awhile, this spirals, and then I have to bring it back under control.

One habit that I haven't gotten out of that helps with this is weekly measurements and weigh ins.

When you see that number creeping back up to your threshold you have to wind it back down.
>>
>>72840102
I would probably lose 25 Kgs if all i ate was spicy Indian shit.
>>
>contestants exercised and dieted and lost weight and then when they stopped they gained weight again!

gee it's almost like their weight was a function of how they lived their life
>>
File: 1455464504267.jpg (46 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
1455464504267.jpg
46 KB, 600x435
>>72842023
nah man i was up to 360 and I've been maintaining a weight of 240-260 for the last 4 years. you don't have to be that fat, but i can't say you'll ever actually be thin. my target weight is 180 (im tall) but it seems impossible. I'm about to go full blown anorexic
>>
>>72847024
No one cares about the authenticity of your ascetics, why are you trying to impress strangers youll never meet
>>
>>72842174
You're at the point we're surgery is probably necessary. Seriously consider getting lipo and gastric bypass, find a trainer, or anybody to really push you, and just get yourself in to the mindset that you need to push yourself farther than you even think you can go. Tell yourself you're gonna do 10 pushups, and after you've done 10 pushups, tell yourself "No, I can do 5 more", then do 5 more and tell yourself, "I can fucking do 5 more", and just keep tricking yourself until you reach the point to total physical exhaustion.
>>
>>72846527
That's a great start man, you'll be doing yourself a really good favor by doing this. You'll have more energy and more confidence in everyway. I used to be fat my entire childhood and now I'm a professional sprinter. You just have to commit to the changes 100%, if you do any less than 100% you'll never be able to get there. It's a huge lifestyle change to get healthier and to develop different eating habits. Something to help with eating, I don't know your eating or snacking habits just some advice would be to meal prep all of your meals so you have your portions already made and there is no risk of snacking or missing an important meal
>>
File: 1286196654130.jpg (14 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
1286196654130.jpg
14 KB, 276x276
>>72839619
haha
hahahahahaha
>>
>>72846394
>D N P

Fair enough. Probably look into it as a last resort. I'm mid-bulk right now and don't care about looking good for the summer.

>>72846879
>implying I actually look at /fit/ more than once every six months or so

Is supermang still diddlyiftin?
>>
File: kek.png (177 KB, 358x301) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
177 KB, 358x301
>People more than 1-2 pounds a week through radical diet changes and exercise routines.
>Takes a team of scientists to figure out that this is bad.

Slow weight loss is the only way to do it.
>>
>>72846963
this

210-220 is the overweight/obese threshold for a 6ft guy
>>
>>72847156

Not just that -

>People live in a house where the only task they have to perform for months is diet and exercise, with meals prepared by personal chefs and dieticians and with constant supervision by doctors and personal trainers, where they compete for a large sum of money to see who can lose weight the fastest

>People who live under these conditions and engage in extreme crash dieting go to shit when they return to the real world

What a shocker.
>>
>>72839879
>no point to trying
No, the study doesn't mention diet in conjunction with exercise; everyone who studies physical training or competes in anything knows that type of activity most directly impacts metabolism over time. People are still trying to get fit just through diet alone, no exercise. It's always a scam and a pipe dream if your weight loss isn't based in exercise.

ALWAYS. wake the fuck up, people trying to diet alone are wasting their time.

>>72840050
>So maybe MUH GENETICS was right all along and it is really MUH BIOLOGY.
Sure base it on one article, that's how you got fat to begin with, always looking for the easy way through life. Go do some tractor tire flips, lift weights, run stairs everyday. Good luck staying fat if you. But if you're already fat, you probably have a fat psychological state, so you'll never actually begin.
>>
>>72846416
this, apparently having permanent calorie restriction makes you live longer, somehow.

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/140401/ncomms4557/full/ncomms4557.html

Good news for me, I'm a turbo-spoopy skellington, and literally everybody tells me I look 21 even though I'm 30, so I guess it's working.
>>
>>72846394
dude, how long did you cut?
thinking of doing that shit during summer.
>>
File: stop_rape_billbord1-21.jpg (714 KB, 2288x1541) Image search: [Google]
stop_rape_billbord1-21.jpg
714 KB, 2288x1541
>>72845068
Fuck, if I had a sexy body like anon-right I would go straight to ATX and claim my dream-girl Traci. Why fucking live?

I've lost 5 stone recently, I've also bought some weights - can they help?
>>
>>72847182
You're right, it's not even /fit/ after all
>>
>>72847175
Did you have to get surgery for your skin?
>>
>>72839879
>Jew York Times
>"Don't try to get thin, goy! Stay fat, satiated, and passive! Never get strong and try to stop our schemes, heheheeee~!"
>>
>>72847403
Like maybe 9 months overall. But I didn't keep calorie deficit inbetween DNP cycles, and I didn't eat clean, so it could be done faster to be honest.

>>72847411
You can't lift off your autism anon. I have no friends or especially gf. How do you know I live in ATX?
>>
>>72840833
>No. Calories in. Calories out. If you're getting fat, you're eating too much. Cut it out.

What the researchers found is that the calories out is a lot lower than expected. It would be like a pick up truck getting the gas mileage of a prius.
>>
>>72842368
These guys went to extreme measures in a short amount of time to lose the weight. That kind of diet and lifestyle is unsustainable and the body naturally fought back once the finished the contest and slacked off. If anything, this just shows crash diets and extreme weight loss measures conducted over a short amount of time are not helpful in the long run, and are probably harmful. I would agree finding a diet and/or exercise regime that you can keep up for at least 6 months to a year will allow your body to find the right equilibrium again.
>>
>>72845068
Nice job, just don't get obsessed by dieting and lifting. There is a point when looking good becomes clearly mental disorder of vanity.
>>
>>72847394
having a higher metabolism makes your life shorter. look at , I don't know, insects versus those old ass turtles.
>>
>>72847187

>push ups

If he really weights 500 pounds I'd be surprised if he can even squat more than once without 10 minutes' rest.
>>
>>72839619
>fat asses stopped eating like fat asses
>fat asses went back to eating like fat asses

WHOA STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>72847888
whew, you sure debunked my Nature study in one fell swoop!
>>
>more than 100lbs have crept back despite his best efforts
>best efforts

His best efforts saw him lose a 100lbs. He gained it back because he was no longer giving it his best effort.
>>
>>72847352
This.

Your motivation to lose weight can't be "So I can win that prize".
If it is, as soon as you win it you're gonna spend it all at KFC.
>>
>>72839619
christ.

i started running and dieting lately and have lost about 20 lbs so far. i hope this shit doesnt happen to me after I'm down to an acceptable weight.
>>
>>72848058
actually I was agreeing with you
>>
File: 70044_Satans_Gal_1000_122_470lo.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1439) Image search: [Google]
70044_Satans_Gal_1000_122_470lo.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1439
>>72847783
Just a weird coincidence that my dream-girl, Traci lives there mate. Austin is like a perfect heaven in another dimension to me - remember I do live in the UK.

No GF? WTF? There's a girl who said she would in this very thread. Take up acro and get dog and start throwing ladies around with your feet in the park.
>>
>>72848110
Finaly seeing a better version of yourself in the mirror supposed to be the best anchor keeping a fatass from going back. I can't really understand those landwhales who just decide that it doesn't worth it anymore
>>
My biggest issue is trying to find shit to eat that doesn't require prep or time. AKA I am lazy as fuck I was thinking of just going on liquid diet which I was for about a week because I had tooth extraction.

Its easy as shit its interesting though I've kept 300lbs for a long ass time i hardly go up in weight I used to be that way at 250 but I stopped working in a warehouse.
>>
>>72846591
>>Iv done a cycle of dnp 250 mg once a day for three weeks
>
>Shit hospitalized me, mother fucker overdosed my pills and my liver was close to failing.

you're lying
>>
Green tea boosts your metabolism. :3 I drink it over just plain old water
>>
>My study is on 14 reality show star celebrities who did s crash diet then stopped
>Conclusion: WEIGHT LOSS IS IMPOSSIBLE

STEM isn't what is once was
>>
>>72848273
oh, right, my bad, I don't think that's quite how it works though
>>
>>72848157
Keep the habit of watching how many calories you consume and weighing yourself. If you just go back to the same habits that made you a fat bastard in the first place, then of course you'll put it back on.
>>
>>72848433
Or maybe he really had some rare organ failure. There is no way you can put significantly more than ~350-400mh of purest DNP in one standard cap and some people from /fit/ were OK even on 1g. Even I did 750mg for lulz from time to time
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>72848433
Im not... Ordered from dinitro himself. Check out my rash. Shit was unbarable
>>
File: 1419744645721.png (76 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
1419744645721.png
76 KB, 662x413
>>72845514
>Trying to call yourself a man when you don't even weigh 100 lbs.
>>
>>72847387
Exercise in general is just great for improving willpower as well. When you perform an activity that is all about trying to push yourself to the absolute limit, it helps discipline you in other walks of life as well like dieting.
>>
Considering the time frame involved, I'm not surprised.

Radical weight loss in the time span of the show is just as disorienting for the body as binge dieting. I believe giving the body more time to adjust to a new normal by steady, consistent gains instead of plummeting down to a new size in a few short months would probably result in more permanent weight loss. I don't have any studies to back me up though, so I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>72848433
>>72848759
Honestly it appeared to be a reaction and combination of liver failure.

Docs wouldnt let me leave the hospital but refused to treat me with medication cause my liver was fucked. Worst week of my life>>72848838
>>
>>72839879
No, but when you drop significant amounts of weight you cant just be a normal person after. You have to consciously regulate your intake and activity for the rest of your life. Your body/urges are going to be pushing you to return to being a fat fuck forever.

Dropping significant weight is hard, but it does not get easier once its gone, you have to ignore cravings and instincts for the rest of your life. I have been doing it for 3 years now. I never snack, I never prepare food without measuring portions (with a fucking scale, because I underestimate otherwise) and I have to make a conscious effort to never gorge when out with friends.

Cravings/hunger is constant to the point of distraction. Apparently I have zero response to a hormone that tells normal people they are full. I used to and still could eat without issue until I am in physical pain before I realise things have gone too far, hence the measuring everything.

The human body is a broken demented shitpile and if there is a god he should be ashamed at producing such a monument to his ineptness.
>>
>>72848838
That's the DNP rash. Pretty common side. I've got it during my test cycle and it went away few days after I've stopped taking DNP. Then I just added Antihistamine to the daily supps and it never bothered me again. You should never start taking DNP until you study as much as possible about it in DNP threads on /fit/
>>
>>72847855
This. The reason researchers were surprised is the calorie maintenance level for such people, even accounting for the same weight level, and even years after they had shed the excess fat. The same was true of their hormone basket.

>>72848157
Dieting is more important. Almost all weight gain or loss is due exclusively to diet.
http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories
Eat lots of green veggies, beans, and whole grains to get enough fiber to deceive your body into believing it has more calories than it does. Drinking only water (and lots of it) in between meas also helps make you feel full of literally nothing calorie-wise.
>>
>>72848937
>I believe giving the body more time to adjust to a new normal by steady, consistent gains instead of plummeting down to a new size in a few short months would probably result in more permanent weight loss.
You're probably right. Running a calorie deficit over a long period of time through sensible eating and moderate exercise is sure to help develop good habits compared to an unsustainable and unpleasant crash diet.
>>
File: 1409879989607.jpg (224 KB, 848x716) Image search: [Google]
1409879989607.jpg
224 KB, 848x716
>>72839619
So, that's it then.

Fat people finally have found their excuse, ordained by science, to simply stop trying. Now they can continue their unhealthy lifestyle without a care, because clearly the universe is conspiring against them.

Such pitiful creatures.
>>
>>72846147

>8 miles
>an accomplishment

Nigger, I used to bike 50 to 100km on Saturdays a few years ago.
Me and a friend set about visiting as many towns as possible around our city (we were 14).

I wasn't even fit.
>>
>>72839619
Same shit with skinny people like me.

>I'm tired of being skinny, time to eat a lot
*body recognizes excess calories and turns up metabolism*

>Sigh it's not working, time to eat less because busy with work
*body recognizes calorie deficit and tries to maintain weight by lowering metabolism*

This is why people who don't know what it's like to be fat or skinny need to shut the fuck up. The body has an "ideal" equilibrium and will adjust accordingly regardless of what you do.

>Hurr just eat more dude durr
>Hurr just stop having autism dude durr
>Just stop getting hallucinations schizophrenic dude
>>
>>72849214
water has helped a shit ton for me so far. any time i get hungry at night i drink 1 or 2 large glasses of it and it usually curbs my hunger until bed and morning. also drinking a lot with my now smaller meals makes me feel really full.
>>
>>72847947
I was more trying to make the point about the mindset of pushing yourself, not actually doing pushups. He's obviously going to have to consult some expert advice on what kind of excercise routine is right for a guy with his extreme weight.
>>
>>72849409
It's not an accomplishment.

However I do need to be at work by 8 AM and cannot continue riding any further, ya fucking macaroni noodle.
>>
>>72849447
>This is why people who don't know what it's like to be fat or skinny need to shut the fuck up.

I've been both underweight and obese. Although metabolism obviously makes a difference, it's all down to calorie intake, unless you have a genuine medical condition.
>>
>>72844858
>I started getting a bit of a muffintop in my late 30's
How old are you?
>>
File: 250px-Hitlermonroe.jpg (12 KB, 250x307) Image search: [Google]
250px-Hitlermonroe.jpg
12 KB, 250x307
>>72839619
TELL ME A THING THAT I HAVEN'T LEARNED FROM BODYBUILDING ALREADY
>>
I want to thank you sincerely /pol/. I saw this study on tumblr yesterday and it nearly killed my motivation to lose weight. What was the point of this, I thought, if I'm going to gain it all back?

You guys helped me keep my motivation up. Thank you so much.
>>
>>72845525
tl;dr fructose is the devil
>>
>>72845420
Are - are those fat deposits in the fucking brain?
>>
I fear everyone is taking the wrong thing away from this article. It's not that you cannot lose weight and keep it off, rather, it's you cannot simply drop massive amounts of weight while on a regimented diet and strenuous exercise schedule and expect to keep it off when you come off, you need to lose weight the way you gained weight, slowly.
>>
>>72844804
>You have to maintain the weight until your body adapts.

Easier said than done.
I lost 200 lbs after a heart attack scare and I still get ravenously hungry 5 years later.

I combat it by stuffing myself with high-fiber, low calorie foods, and drinking lots of water.

Your body really does desperately try to resist any changes.
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-men.jpg (88 KB, 741x404) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
88 KB, 741x404
>>72843946
Do you work an office job and do no exercise at all?

BMI is for estimation in SEDENTARY people do Drs can have a guideline for 95% of their patients. Deviations are expected for those who do more than normal levels of work and thus have more than normal weight in muscles.
>>
File: 1411943191081.jpg (402 KB, 640x3904) Image search: [Google]
1411943191081.jpg
402 KB, 640x3904
>>72850036
How else do you think they convince themselves they are healthy?

It's a self induced lardbotomy.
>>
>>72839798
>New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center
New Balance missed a golden opportunity to fund the Autism Prevention Center
>>
File: aq2DQpv_700b.jpg (41 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
aq2DQpv_700b.jpg
41 KB, 700x393
>>72850036
>>
>>72848157
Don't listen to this jewish bullshit. They were on crash diets and their primary motivation was winning money, not losing weight. They didn't lose weight to right way, or for the right reasons.

Lose weight at a slow and steady pace, eat diets that are designed to be permanent every day eating habits and not temporary fasts, and keep active.

Seriously, the jews are feeding this bullshit to people to keep you passive and uncaring about the importance of self-determination. You can lose weight, it's not impossible, and you will find yourself not just more attractive and healthier, but also a better all-around person with a better mental attitude in life.
>>
>>72850315
>I lost 200 lbs
Was..was that a typo?
>>
>>72850483
seriously though is it tumor or foreheads can actually store fat
>>
>>72839619
>Cahill burns 800 fewer calories per day than he should

That's is genuinely amazing.
>>
>>72839619
>Burning less calories

Then just fucking EAT LESS. You clearly don't need food if your body isn't using it.

When will the meme that you HAVE to eat 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times a day die?
>>
>>72840575
>Earlier they used to say fat is bad for you

I'm almost certain this is a reason for numales and fags now.

Fat is healthy and necessary. For men especially; did you know that CHOLESTEROL is a key ingredient for testosterone production?

My aunt fed my cousin gym bunny diet tier food for all his life and he's got absolutely no musculature and is a literal faggot.

My friend is a degenerate bisexual ultra leftist and never ate "unhealthy" food his entire life. He also had huge tits despite only being about 180 pounds on a 6 foot 2 frame.
>>
>>72850357
I used to get a right chortle every time someone posted clips from that show, but now I can only think of the response one of the sea cows posted after taping the episode: http://www.fatuosity.net/
>>
>>72850036
60% of the brain's tissue is fat.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/prime-your-gray-cells/201109/the-skinny-brain-fats
>>
>>72839619
>>72839798
>>72840050
I see the anti-science column has already hijacked the thread, but this is fascinating stuff. I'm glad I caught myself when I was only about ~20 lbs overweight. Slimmed down by 40 and haven't gained any back so far (one year).
>>
>>72850812
>you HAVE to eat 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times a day
That's really a bad habit. You know which one even worse? Eat when you feel hungry. Because most of the time for fat people it's not a physical, but rather a mental desire. Or sometimes people eat just because they feel bored
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.