[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is free college so bad? It really isn't that expensive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: college.jpg (116 KB, 1184x791) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
116 KB, 1184x791
Why is free college so bad?
It really isn't that expensive,
just make the military pay for it
>>
>>72650512

I go to college at a "well-respected" U.S university and have a BUNCH of horror stories.
>>
>>72650512
That's exactly what I'm doing

>inb4 good goy fighting for da joos
>>
>make the military pay for it
With what? The military generates no income. The government pays by stealing money from taxpayers
>>
>>72650512
You can learn everything. about a topic. for free on the internet. If you wanna be a workslave and work for another person (you get ~20%/ your boss ~80%), then you most likely need a paper that proves your knowledge.

If you wanna work for yourself, get all the juicy 100% of profits, then open your own company. You dont need a useless paper from a useless university to do that.
>>
>just make the military pay for it
????
You realize that the citizens pay the military for their services, and not the other way around, right?
>>
>>72650512
1: I dont want to pay fornother peoples college.
2: You end up with price/value discrepencies. Will the government pay what their work is worth? They will end up overpayed for low quality teaching most likely.
3: When everyone has a college degree, doesnt that devalue it? McDonalds will require a degree to flip burgers, and theres no excuse not to have a degree, its free after all.
>>
>>72651140
The employer steals work power from the employee - getting more than 50% of his earned money with no work.

State and employer are thieves!
>>
>>72651546
The employee trades work power for income, the state steals it back
>>
>>72650512
Because everyone takes their free highschool so seriously right?
>>
>>72651531
>When everyone has a college degree, doesnt that devalue it?

Where is the problem? That is how the invisible hand of the economy works. If you dont like it, then open up your own business.
>>
>>72651531
And taxation is theft.
>>
>>72651758
The problem is that you will be required to have a college degree to get a summer temp job.
>>
>>72651634
>employee trades work power for income

Take out the employer and the employee keeps more money for the same work.

Employer steals your work power - state steals your income. Wake up ypu sheep!
>>
>>72651873
>to get a summer temp job.

You dont need a summer temp job, just open your own business. Tyrone stop searching for excuses for your broken system and step outside of your box.
>>
>>72651948
Who provides the workplace if there is no employer? No one.
>>
Waste of time.

People are perfectly capable of having a job without spending 4 years of their life listening to propaganda disguised as education.
>>
>>72650512
Why should the private citizen be forced to pay for the states never ending increase in tuition costs?

Maybe the state should stop increasing the cost over inflation levels instead.
>>
>>72652105
But I dont have the capital to start up a business and hire enough employees to do the work, let alone buy or build the equipment needed.
>>
"Free" college for anyone with an IQ above 105, paid for by social science fees.
For everyone else there should be free manual labor education - the german model
>>
>>72651531
>3: When everyone has a college degree, doesnt that devalue it?
You just make it harder to get accepted into the school .
And college is "free" here, but everyone is not going to college, many
don't feel the need for it.

>2: You end up with price/value discrepencies. Will the government pay what their work is worth? They will end up overpayed for low quality teaching most likely.
Never heard about our colleges being shit because they are government funded. They look fairly well if you ask me.

>1: I dont want to pay fornother peoples college.
So spend money on the military instead of a better educated population?

>>72652295
Well, if college was "free", more would apply,
requirements would go up, dumb people don't get in.

I support Trump, but free college is not a crazy idea.
>>
>>72650512
You know whats really pathetic?

I'm now in the process of joining the air force because i realized too late how completely useless my degree is (polisci). I'm literally joining the military because i need to pay off a debt for something that is supposed to give you opportunities not to go to the military
>>
Free college is a scheme that serves to help no one but rich universities. They can raise tuition endlessly and the consumer doesnt care because its "free", just like the health care of today. Hospitals charhe 25 thousand dollars for a saline bag and no one cars because they dont have to directly pay for it because they have insurance.
>>
>>72650512
Yeah, white people should be forced to pay for 79 IQ Shaniqua to go to college so she can major in Hating White People. Sounds like something we should all get behind
>>
>>72652134
You open the business and be your own employer.
You are pathetic and weak!
>>
>>72652278
>business and hire enough employees

Do you think Bill Gates started with a lot of money and a army of employees? You start small, with each job you complete you earn some money and experience.

You are a typical millenial shit head, you want everything from the get go, but wont do the necessary work!
>>
>>72651948
Nope Dummkopf, you trade business risk for lower income. The employer gets more because he has all the risk and has to pay for overhead like accounting, tax declarations,...

No IHK Beitrag for me in the future, the US rocks :))
>>
>>72652472
>They can raise tuition endlessly and the consumer doesnt care because its "free

>tuiton
>free

That doesnt work, if you have a tuiton its not free. Your sentence makes no sense, maybe you redo the 7th class?
>>
>>72651948
Remove employer and there's no source of income unless you start your own business, which requires capital. I don't think you know how this all works
>>
>>72652409
>requirements would go up, dumb people don't get in.
LOL wrooooong. In the german system you are put on a waitinglist "wartezeit" if you are to dumb. Each year waiting is worth a couple points, so at around 25 even Justin would be allowed to college. There are < 60 year olds in Germany who use this waitinglist system to study
>>
>>72652939
> trade business risk for lower income

that is nothing more than a illusion. If the business of your employer goes bankrupt, you will lose your work place too. As a employee you lose more money to your employer than to your state.
>>
>>72652489
>everyone can open their own business

You do know you need employees right?
>>
>>72652461
joining the navy for same reasons, friend. accumulated thousands in debt because im A FUCKING WHITE MALE... and wasnt elligble for gibsmedats.

went to a recruiter after finding low paying job full of worthless nogs. turns out i scored high on a follow-up asvab and tested into a nuclear catagory.

going to boot camp soon :^)

and for the rest of you /pol/acks, american college education is a fucking joke. anyone considering college, please drop out and cut kike funding. anyone considering going to US college, dont go and start a business.
>>
>>72653156
>no source of income
>open your own business
>keep the money the employer would steal from you

>which requires capital. I don't think you know how this all works

There are people that started with almost nothing, now they are filthy rich.
>>
>>72650512
It's called degree inflation. Pretty soon they'll have to make a new degree higher than a doctorate.
>>
>>72652461
why go into polisci unless you were planning on law school or something

I mean thats the only reason I could think of
>>
>>72653576
>You do know you need employees right?

Nope, you dont really need employees. A plumber can work alone, a code monkey can work alone, a lawyer can work alone etc.
>>
>>72650512
>It really isn't that expensive,
says the trillion student debt
>>
File: 1457292272888.gif (402 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1457292272888.gif
402 KB, 300x169
>>72652799
>le everyone can be Bill Gates if they tried meme
>>
>>72654151
Well, you cant do it, because you are a reddit fag. You are a follower and not a leader.
>>
>>72653576
McDonalds started as roadside cardboard box stand selling burgers with, like two people.
You really cant start from lower than that.
>>
>>72654307
All it takes to found a multi billion dollar technology corporation is leadership skills
ok Ahmed
>>
>>72650512
>Why is free college so bad?
>It really isn't that expensive,
>just make the military pay for it
I went to one of the best universities in south america, totally paid for out of tax payers money.

I am now graduated and unemployed, and have no hope of finding a job in the next 2-5 years due to our shitty economical and political crisis.

Wasted some of the best years of my life on a college education that won't even get me a shitty job. Feels bad man.
>>
>>72650512
If everyone has something it become worthless. Two year degrees are already high school diploma level, why should it be devalued more?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.