[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had the most infuriating conversation with my mother,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Peaceful Muslims.jpg (239 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Peaceful Muslims.jpg
239 KB, 1500x1000
I just had the most infuriating conversation with my mother, and while I've left the conversation tired and brow-beaten, I just can't help but feel I've gained some depressing insight into the mind of the modern liberal.

We were discussing Islam, and the IS. I've made arguments to her before about why Islam is harmful to the West, and I've discussed other 'controversial' topics with her, including the American election, but her last line of defense is depressingly unbeatable. It always ends with

"Don't put the world on your shoulders."
"Don't worry about the future, enjoy the good things in life."
"Why can't we all just get along."

And other variations of the same crap. It doesn't matter what we're discussing, at the end of the conversation it's always "you should stop worrying about it." This line always infuriates me, it's a complete rejection of any serious conversation and amounts to saying "it doesn't matter, just shutup and carry on like a happy idiot." And I can't beat it. How can I? It's a complete rejection of any controversial discussion because apparently, the world is too big and I'm too small to care.

And this, it strikes me, is the problem with the modern West. People don't care about the future, they want immediate creature comforts. People don't like uncomfortable conversation. They just want to live in ignorant bliss. I struggle to see how I can rouse anyone with this mindset to care about the greater picture, or to care about the future at all.

Have any of you been confronted with this line of thinking? How do you deal with it? I'm sick and tired of this bullshit, and it just makes me never want to discuss a serious issue with her ever again.
>>
>>72627696
>having political discussions with your family
They changed your diapers, they're not going to take you seriously.
>>
>>72627696
Shes a woman they are subhumans who cant process logic and view reality through their emotional lens and see that as absolute fact.
>>
you can't make a rebuttal because she's practically surrendering, she's just settling for something that will kill the conversation.

most people are afraid of reality and will think like this to divert their attention from it.
>>
>>72627901
My father is receptive to these ideas, he's a very smart man and we can have real discussions.

>>72627979
Haven't we already lost if we give up on half the population? I don't want to... but what you're saying has a certain ring of truth to it. Emotion certainly trumps reason with her.

>>72628134
How can we change that? I feel like I'm going insane, being chastised for caring about the future.
>>
File: Raphael_School_of_Athens.jpg (2 MB, 3697x2414) Image search: [Google]
Raphael_School_of_Athens.jpg
2 MB, 3697x2414
>>72627696
>have any of you been confronted with this line of thinking

Daily for as far as I can remember. I always expressed my ideas and they rarely stayed on a neutral ground leading to much trouble. It comes down to them being basically unacceptable in a biased reality where everyone is taught to be equal since birth.

How am I equal to my superiors though? To my teachers and parents? How am I equal to the braindead plebians getting worse grades than me? I was molded by cynicism at every step. At some point I stopped dealing with the plebians and segregated the people I knew into new categories, dealing with them accordingly.

Since then whenever I arrived in a new environment be it a school or a workplace I always gathered the most potent minds around myself and disregarded the peasants. It's not like I've built an echo chamber either. It's a specific construct of people with different views and opinions that aren't afraid to change them or discuss them.

I like to imagine what I do as an ancient Greek school full of philosophers walled off from the casuals and degenerates outside of it.

tl;dr: Don't engage in discussions with retards. You can't change their intellectual potential and how the way they comprehend their fragile little world built on lies and ,,irrefutable'' ideas.
>>
>>72628330
you could shoot up mosque for keks
>>
>>72627696
Old people say this too me too OP. Don't worry about it, its not your problem, there's is nothing you can do etc. Very frustrating when your trying to explain something deep, complex, and dark and they just want you to pretend like youve never heard of it.
>>
Spill something on the floor and say don't worry about it, it's not your problem.
Keep spilling shit on the floor throughout the month whenever she's around and say "it's not your problem."
>>
>>72627696
Well. I never had that problem in my family, since they have always been far right, hated the EU and immigrants...

But with other people I had that problem. You see they are morons. Fucking delusional retards who simply don't get it. especially women. 2/3 of all women don't give a fuck about values the future of your group etc.

All those shitheads want to live in their mind and there is no way you can get them out with reason, facts or any kind of argument.

Until reality kicks in and wipes the floor with their arses.

My advice: Tell your mother that you can't enjoy life because the future will be fucked up because of mindless morons like her, who don't give a fuck about it. Then simly leave and ignore her.
>>
>>72630431
Cynasism is probably the first type of thought that leads people to /pol/ views. Teachers always used to tell you to always ask why but for some reason that stopped when you get older. I think the best method to enlightening the plebs is to just ask them questions about their beliefs. Teach them socratically. When you ask them a question they can not answer themselves they will ponder that question.
Don't engage retards in discussions just shake their entire worldview by asking questions and let them figure it out on their own.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.