[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is something I never understood: Why is the GOP red and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1462100936948.jpg (2 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462100936948.jpg
2 KB, 320x240
There is something I never understood: Why is the GOP red and Democrats blue?

Blue is a conservative colour while Red is more liberal and communist.

It doesnt make sense. It should be the other way
>>
glabs are gondrarian
>>
>>72610233
USA isn't metric system.
>>
>>72610233
This has been a lifelong question of mine too, it has long outfoxed me.
>>
dad?
>>
>>72610495
amazing
>>
who /lifelong/ here la?

>bandwagoners GTFO
>>
>>72610233
Man, that is a quality question. It's like you boys are putting it on the next level.
>>
Until recently the colors were similar to other countries, blue for GOP, red for Dems. The parties themselves didn't use colors very much (remember when color printers and the internet were fancy and uncommon?) but TV and newspapers used the colors for election results.

During the 2000 election, CNN inverted the colors early in the campaign, possibly by accident at first, but they stuck with it and everyone else switched over to follow.

That's it. Tv news made a mistake and it stuck.
>>
>>72610682
Thanks. Ive been a lifelong follower of this party since March but there are still some parts that slip up
>>
Because colours are colours you thick fuck. Wearing a red shirt does not make me more likely to be communist.
>>
>>72611160
>chatting shit
>>
>>72610233
The color coding we're familiar with today didn't stick until the iconic (and extremely lengthy) election of 2000, when The New York Times and USA Today published their first full-color election maps. The Times spread used red for Republicans because "red begins with r, Republican begins with r," said the senior graphics editor Archie Tse, "it was a more natural association."

Lel.
>>
>>72610233

Only a low intelligence person feels it necessary to argue about something so pathetic and arbitrary
>>
>>72611160
makes you more likely to be a filthy yernited supporter though
>>
>>72611342
Only a low intelligence person would not wear the blue

>>72611265
And honestly, it was a very interesting answer. Thx lad
>>
>>72612071
imagine having a flag which doesn't have blue in it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.