[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do about men being discriminated against in the teaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: billnye.png (77 KB, 1073x380) Image search: [Google]
billnye.png
77 KB, 1073x380
What to do about men being discriminated against in the teaching and nursing professions?
>>
>>72602966

Nothing, I don't care about those professions. I firmly believe that skilled people will not encounter significant obstacles in the west as a result of their sex unless it has to do with biological differences e.g. women in a strength-focused job. Male teachers will continue teaching and nursing if they so choose, there's nothing holding them back.
>>
>>72603012
Fuck off shitlord
>>
I have never seen a male Kindergarten teacher.

The youngest I ever saw a male teacher of any kind was fifth grade.
>>
>>72602966

I'm not sure about discrimination in Nursing. Teaching I think it's more about the culture and society surrounding it unless it's at least the high school or college level. Elementary schools are primarily female and even middle schools. It's a shame really. I think there is also an aura of this pedophobia that makes it worse.

Nursing is mostly female because most of them aren't suited for STEM and that's about as far as they can go. Men can go into nursing and again are sorely needed.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (45 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
45 KB, 1200x675
>>72602966
>nursing

I took a CNA course a few years ago and my gender was basically a talking point every class day.

The RN spoke with my privately almost every week about how being a male made me a better nurse and that I should continue with the program to completion.

One of my classmates actually died halfway through the course. She was about ten years older than me and talked about how she stopped taking her blood pressure medicine. I stopped our conversation and almost forced her to call CVS to get her prescription carried out. She did so, but ended up not taking it. She died about a week later.

During my state exam, one of the geriatrics I was working with refused to let me brush her teeth. I couldn't force her to do it and failed.

It was about $900 down the drain, but I don't regret making the decision to not follow up. The field wasn't for me, I suppose.

So here I sit, unemployed and living off the good will of others.
>>
I dont want men teaching very young kids 2bh. We're too easygoing and careless to manage a group of toddlers without some dying.
>>
>>72602966
Only men should be allowed to teach in high schools.
>>
>>72602966

I was the only male in a nursing cohort of 30.

Men are slowly turning nursing into a acceptable male profession and it infuriates women nurses.

In 2000, men comprised only 5% of registered nurses.

In 2012, men comprised 12.7% of registered nurses.

Males constitute over 50% of advanced practice nurses (nurses who make the most money and possess the most demanding skills).

CRNAs are 60% male.

And male nurses make more money than female nurses due to overtime, working overnight shifts in higher concentrations, and working weekends (an overnight weekend shift can net you $12 more an hour in differential).
>>
>>72602966
>claim that you are transgender
>sue when denied job due to being man
>Profit!
>>
I was in nursing and I dropped out because honestly I dont think I would make a very good nurse, people shit on nursing but it is no cakewalk, that schooling is rough. Practically, men are better in nursing in every way; physicality being the primary thing and the fact that everyone seems to love male nurses, although discrimination wise, unless you are gay, you will be an outcast
>>
>>72603103
can't have male kindergarden or elementary teachers, it would attract pedophiles.
>>
It's great as is, it just means less men you have to fight over for a job. Any well paying specialization is yours for the taking because your competition is literally girls.
>>
>>72604023
>unless you are gay, you will be an outcast

I think here in the USA it's more about the constant sexist bullshit you would have to put up with being a man. Speaking of little things like can you grab that for me or carry it all the way up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.