[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't taxes levied at the source?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
The Panama Papers just showed the public that tax optimization is a massive business. Everyone remotely having anything to do with business, already came across Luxembourg, Ireland, Jersey, British Virgin Island, Cayman Islands, Isle of White etc. structures.

So why isn't anything done against tax optimization? Why aren't taxes ALWAYS levied at the source, rather than the seat of a company. Or in other words, if a British Virgin Island company is a shareholder of Germany company, and sells shares of that Germany company to someone else, why is there no capital gains tax at the SOURCE, i.e. in Germany? Why do we look towards the British Virgin Island tax laws which say there is 0% capital gains tax?
>>
>>72602503
>why is it so difficult to take money that doesn't belong to us?
Because they know what you intend to spend it on.
>>
Tax evasion mostly depends on how money funnelled offshore can be deducted. All you really need to do is limit these deductions unless the destination offshore country makes a tax agreement that splits the loot.
>>
>>72602503
why does evasion exist at all?

answer that, and you won't be for taxation any longer
>>
>>72602503
1.) Why are you such a cuck that your biggest concern in life is how much money the government has?

2.) Why can't you just focus on your own life?
>>
>>72603183
>why does evasion exist at all?
>answer that, and you won't be for taxation any longer
Evasion and tax optimization exist because people do not want to pay tax?
>>
>>72603271
>1.) Why are you such a cuck that your biggest concern in life is how much money the government has?
Well, the more tax optimization and tax evasion there is, the higher is my personal tax bill. Because I am not a millionaire or big business which can do tax optimization and tax evasion.

>2.) Why can't you just focus on your own life?
I am doing this. I want lower taxes, but that means everyone has to pay the actual tax rates and Romney shouldn't be paying just 13%.
>>
>>72602503
it used to be like that here but then a tax reform came and the result is the same as anywhere else
>>
>>72602503
FYI OP UK and I'm sure other countries have something called a withholding tax which basically means if you're moving money offshore or making profits elsewhere, you have to pay a certain tax on it in the uk.

the BIG caveat is that the UK has something called double tax treaties with other countries (pretty much all of Europe and a lot of the world), namely pretty much ALL these tax havens that you named.

Basically this so called tax optimisation is built into the system. If one country suddenly went left wing absolute mad man and tried to stop this, the majority of international businesses and capital would simply leave that country.

The real problem is you have on one side top tier politicians making a big fuss about tax havens and this and that rubbish, but then on the other hand they are making sure these tax optimisations exist and that their tax rates are competitive with the rest of the world.
>>
>>72604038
>Wants to pay less taxes,but is mad when some is actually doing everything in their power to do so instead of whining and talking about lowering their taxes
>>
>>72603183
go on
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.