[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is globalism and why is it bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13
File: What Are Birds??.jpg (31 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
What Are Birds??.jpg
31 KB, 600x337
What is globalism and why is it bad?
>>
Exporting your jobs and importing mexicans to do the jobs that you couldn't export. (Replace Mexican with Muslim if in EU.)

It's bad because if they exported your job or can import a mexican to do your job, you no longer have a job.

Claims that it's "good for the economy", which translates into "good for the people that control the economy".

Governments get more tax money, but the citizens that the government was supposed to look out for see lower wages and higher prices.
>>
File: Globalization.jpg (71 KB, 1290x251) Image search: [Google]
Globalization.jpg
71 KB, 1290x251
>>
File: ChJeKWbWMAACXRL.jpg large.jpg (74 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
ChJeKWbWMAACXRL.jpg large.jpg
74 KB, 800x435
>>72602018

The ultimate centralization of power to a bunch of useless, communist, 'progressive', fanatical, stale and psychopathic sons of bitches.
>>
>>72602018

Its bad because a one world government is fucking insanity. It will be the eventual end of freedom liberty. No government should be as large. Its suicide.
>>
>>72602208
fpbp
>>
File: 1458455694406.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1013) Image search: [Google]
1458455694406.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1013
>>72602018
Globalism is essentially the trend of treating the entire world as an entity politically, and economically. I think you mean globalization which is the merging and exchange of worldviews, economic assets, and "culture."

This trend is not inherently bad; view things are, but for the average person in the developed they will bear the brunt of its drawbacks.

>Economic exchange
Logically, goods and services will be produced where their inputs are cheapest/most optimum and sold where they fetch the highest price. This is having the most pronounced effect on wages, and we'll continue to see migrant crisis in the future. Why?

>Wage workers now have to compete with wage workers who have a much lower standard of living for similar jobs
>Wage workers in lower income countries will naturally want to migrate to where the highest standard of living is obtainable

So, without firm borders, essentially the wage workers in the first world are being sold out to the benefit of the wealthy and consumers in the short term. In a neo-classical economic view, what this essentially would do is reconstruct the economy for wages; e.g, the wages of lower end work would go down until they are competitive or persons would start new businesses with the access to cheaper goods. The problem becomes that a large part of western nation's higher standard of living has been on the back of collective bargaining and socialized programs... which will fall apart under the second problem.

1/3
>>
File: 1447791412205.jpg (188 KB, 1280x892) Image search: [Google]
1447791412205.jpg
188 KB, 1280x892
The idea that all the worst people of the planet can go to the best place on the planet until it isn´t nice anymore.
>>
>>72602971
>Culture and you

One of the most sensitive subjects that is coming up in the West is self identity. For instance, as an American that has lived around, I can confidently say that my culture is global culture. E.g., for other Americans, no matter where you go, you'll find vaguely American things from media to food.

What happens to countries that are close to America/Global culture? Will Finland stop teaching Finnish at any point? What happens when they have enough migrants that the lingua franca in their nation becomes English?

I suppose my point is that globalization will see massive cultural exchanges, the cultural exchanges in itself be homogenized to be compatible to the locals at the expense of their own culture. To work against this is massively complicated; of countries I've lived in in Europe I would confidently say that France is doing its best to not be anglicized as they actively prune English words from the language, and fiercely support their own local equivalents.. but the local equivalents are never quite as good, and people end up using English loan words anyway.
>>
>>72603237
>Worldviews/Politics

What of small interests? One thing that will really need to be answered for globalization to be viable for its members and not just for the large or the extravagantly rich are unique problems or small voices that are being exploited for the benefit of the louder voices.

Sweden is a good example of this. Sweden is pretty "globalized"; the majority of the media they consume is English, they're proudly international, their local burger places are kebab-thai-pizza places. What happens when Sweden's interests are at odds with the EU? Or the IMF? Or the UN?

Without getting into a rant, the most terrifying part of globalization in my eyes is this lack of concern for the members of it. Sweden will probably lose its high standard of living that was earned on hard work and a beautiful culture, and if there is any outcry, they'll simply be told that it was for their own good. And I suppose that's a simple enough way of putting it

>Nice places get shittier
>Shittier places stay the same
>Big players get a bit stronger and a bit richer
>>
File: lets go tyrone jr.png (621 KB, 878x706) Image search: [Google]
lets go tyrone jr.png
621 KB, 878x706
>>72602018
>What is globalism
its the belief that there is no earth
>why is it bad
jews duh
>>
File: CanadaHouse.png (530 KB, 850x441) Image search: [Google]
CanadaHouse.png
530 KB, 850x441
>export all your jobs to China
>import millions of immigrants
>raise housing prices to make everything unaffordable
>cheap credit to put everyone in debt
>let multinational corporations take over your country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJUVEPaF44
>>
>>72605065
the fruits of globlaism
>>
File: Picture-6.png (139 KB, 316x320) Image search: [Google]
Picture-6.png
139 KB, 316x320
>>72605091
>>
File: buy-buy-buy.png (247 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
buy-buy-buy.png
247 KB, 500x498
>>72605100
>>
>>72605114
>>
>>72605161
>>72605126
>>72605114
>>72605100
>>72605091
Uh... I think that website is broken.
>>
>>72605321
come to vancouver. you'll quickly realize it's accurate. those plots of land are worth gold, and corrupt chinese officials need to launder their money somewhere.
>>
>>72605321
It works for me

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/part2.html
>>
In a perfect world globalism is greate a worldwhitout bordets and a fascist world goverment where the aryans can live free and explorer the world and the lower races work for the masters and dö the basic laboure.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFa-JN48lKo
>>
File: britishman.jpg (14 KB, 199x220) Image search: [Google]
britishman.jpg
14 KB, 199x220
>>72602018
A mad experiment fueled by greed.
Somehow you are supposed to create a post-industrial society. People are just supposed to keep buying things while you make more money because you exported the labor to people who make pennies.

Except you exported the manufacturing jobs out of the country and those people were the biggest consumer base. So now these people have to find new jobs to keep buying things. Since they can't compete with chinks they either become burger flippers or work in an office. Both groups stop spending money and you just fucked your economy.
>>
>>72605543
yous like?
>>
this is what happens when you globalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VLRLPVLQNA
>>
>>72602018
we just dont know
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.