[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's to be done with abandoned malls? https://www.yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 0310-cincinnati-mall-pigs.jpg (233 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
0310-cincinnati-mall-pigs.jpg
233 KB, 990x660
What's to be done with abandoned malls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-cBLQlB-A

I say we ought to turn them into boarding schools, personally.
>>
>>72588933

Condominium communities
>>
>>72588933
They were abandoned because it was uneconomical to convert them to another type of property.
>>
I go to that mall all the time. There is a single store in the mall itself and it's an arcade/video game shop. It's the best game shop in the area.
>>
>>72588933
Skatepark
>>
>>72588933
burn them to the ground
>>
>>72588933
Cincinnati Mills was niggered out of existence.
>>
>>72588933

Reopen them and only allow white people inside.

They will thrive.
>>
>>72588933
Dead Rising airsoft themepark.
>>
>>72589095

Cincinnati sits right in the smack dab middle of the rust belt. If transformed into a boarding school, I'm willing to bet there'd be a lot of parents willing to pay top dollar to send their kids to a safe school away from white trash and dindus.
>>
Why not just turn them into luxury condominiums? Seems like it would be easy to convert the stores into living spaces, and the covered walkways between stores would make awesome common spaces for people walk and mingle, and for kids to play. It would be like the ultimate gated community.

Either that or tech company offices.
>>
>>72589737
Turning a mall into a school and dormitories will require a lot of work.

Dense residences like dormitories are subject to very strict fire regulations, and you might even have to tear down a part of the mall just so that there is separation between the main school building and the dorms so that a fire starting from the school cafeteria, science lab, etc. won't spread to the residences.
>>
>>72589481
There is also 2 malls 2 exits away... Both have niggers. White people go to the white malls all the way on the other side of the city.
>>
>>72588933
gut them and use them to house the homeless
>>
Tear them down and build something useful
>>
Paintball / airsoft complexes.
>>
>>72590162
>gut them and use them to house the homeless
Then set them on fire? Good plan, leaf.
>>
>>72588933

Fill them with poor Syrian refugees :^]
>>
>>72588933
Fill them with water and tropical fish.
>>
>>72589153
>Skatepark
Paintball too

Sadly I live in NJ, population density of Poo in Loo land. A mall near where I used to live near, dry walled off one section due to store closures.

However the other malls I used to go to are no shit 4 miles away, large, tons of other stores around them and FUCKING THRIVING. 4 MILES DISTANCE and around since the 60s and both over 1 million sq feet.

The question is what do we do about MEGA Malls that never even opened....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream_Meadowlands
>>
File: 1447529393108.jpg (101 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447529393108.jpg
101 KB, 1024x768
>Malls are dying off in favour of "power centres."

Why? Who the fuck actually wants that shit?
>>
>>72588933
the world's greatest game of paint ball.
>>
>>72591061
hipsters
>>
Malls creep me the hell out.
>>
>>72588933
There used to be a ferris wheel in that mall, pretty sure it was in that exact spot. My grandparents used to take me and my cousins there. There was also a huge playplace and all kinds of shit. That was the best mall in the area in the 90s if you were a kid.

>mfw the mall is now pretty much dead
>mfw my grandparents are now dead

IT WAS BETTER IN THE 90s
>>
>>72588933

Mega rave spot. Every "store" is a separate bar. Plenty of nooks and crannies for rapes/consensual sex to occur.
>>
>>72589153
>>72590831
who has the money to purchase an entire mall and turn it into a skate park or paintball place? please stop being retards
>>
>>72591198
I think you're thinking of something else. A power centre is a collection of stores connected by parking lot. It's like a mall, except you have to get into a car and navigate a fucking hell of parking lots and implied 4-way stops every time you want to visit a different store.
>>
>>72588933
Tear them down and plant trees instead senpai.
>>
>>72592412
You know,you just remind me. Once automaton machines take over the mall, how would the mall stay active and clean?
>>
>>72588933

nice place to stash refugees
>>
>>72590269
Huh.. That would be pretty cool.
>>
>>72593194
>"The security guy on the segway was going super fast looking for people"
>>
Convert them into brothels.
>>
File: 1453896166626.jpg (264 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
1453896166626.jpg
264 KB, 658x370
>>72595143
how much are they selling the mall / land for ????

I might buy the property and convert it into a Techplant for innovative design solutions.

>granted Trump is elected president.
>>
If Trump is not elected president the whole world will continue hating the legacy of destruction hillary has wrought.

especially against the science communities killing the brightest amongst us.
>>
>>72588933
Housing
>>
Giant paintball arenas.
>>
>>72589555
This.

It's baffling how willfully ignorant our entire society is. Nearly all problems like this would be solved if we just thought about the world on racial terms.
>>
>>72588933
Indoor Park
Arboretum

OR diversify the malls competition with artisans and small-time vendors by converting dead space and barren parking lot into Open Air/Flea Market types of space

Dividing up the space lowers rent and cost for everyone from vendors to customers

Sure as hell beats a long, depressing stretch of empty stores

The likelihood of bridging the gap between the owners (a bank in NC) and the local customers of a mall in PA to make their mall great again? Very low, unfortunately.

Maybe that helped to kill a lot of malls, too. They became so cookie-cutter that they stopped taking risks. 20 years later, the only thing that changed was the rent (many times)

t. Fairgrounds Square Mall Reading PA (1980s - 2007, still alive as a zombie)
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 960x960
Turn them into music festivals for vapor wave concerts
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.