[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18
File: Smart Gun.jpg (3 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
Smart Gun.jpg
3 KB, 150x113
Discuss

>I think that this is a good "Idea" but way to far out for general public use.

Apple put out a bounty on the Sp"I"phones fingerprint scanner saying that it was uncrackable

>Bounty collected.......less than 12 hours later

Either the shit could fail when it's needed or it can be exploited and possibly made to function remotely or against the owners intentions....all of which are scary
>>
Even if people weren't concerned about government control of weapons "smart" guns are still too complex, prone to failure and expensive
>>
>>72565067
>BANG
>BANG
>CRASH
>home invader breaking in to rape and kill my family
>grab my trusty smart gun from my bedside
>slide to unlock on the built-in touchscreen a couple times until it works
>type in my PIN on the keypad
>mistyped it
>fuck
>password reset in process
>reconnect smart gun to my Facebook account
>look down the barrel for retinal scan (it's OK, because the gun is smart)
>hear the intruder downstairs, he's broken in
>Siri asks for voice confirmation by having me say "The Second Amendment means that the people have the right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."
>repeat it
>"I'm sorry, I had trouble understanding you. Can you say it again?"
>say it louder this time
>"Thank you, your new smart gun will be activated soon. Waiting for server... signal lost."
>wave the gun around the bedroom until I get good service and it finishes registering
>hear kids screaming in the background
>"I'm sorry, your current geolocation is not at a federally approved firing range. If your life is currently in danger, please press one. Para espanol, oprima numero dos."
>press one, get auto-enrolled in a payment plan for "emergency firearm use fee"
>thug bursts through the bedroom door
>quickly point the smart gun at him
>FUCK
>he's black
>the smart gun's computer vision disallows firing on targets with more melanin than the owner
>system puts me in a queue to get manual human override from a remote government office
>the thug raises his own old-fashioned gun
>doesn't even look like it has social media integration built into it
>"all of our agents are currently busy, your estimated wait time is... 40... minutes... your life is important to us, please hold"
>BANG
>>
>>72565067
Absolutely no need for it, no reason for it to exist, and the only people who try to talk it up are against a universal right to bear arms and instead only want the ruling caste to have weapons.
>>
>>72565067
>to far out for general public use
Smart guns are inferior by design. There are no future advancements that will change this fact.

SHALL
>>
>>72565363
10/10
>>
>>72565067
>pull gun in self defense
>have to line thumb just right on sensor pad
>fuck, have to re align
>get ready to pull trigger
>installing update 1 of 35, gun will be online in 3 hours
>>
The huge issue I've heard with them is reliability, guns themselves aren't perfectly reliable even without any "smart" bullets.

Anybody that is pro-gun is rabidly against them because if somebody can make a reliable smart gun than "Smart" guns will be mandated and regular guns will be banned. Having "Smart" guns will be considered a safety feature akin to seat belts and airbags.
>>
Also smart guns have no actual benefit for the users of the gun, they're entirely a concept for the benefit of the people that aren't buying the gun.
>>
>>72565363
That's some tasty pasta. OC?
>>
File: 1461711217012.jpg (69 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1461711217012.jpg
69 KB, 630x630
>>72565363
top kek
>>
>>72565067
It's like putting a finger print scanner on your bike so no one can steal it. Fucking pointless to put electronics on something that functions mechanically except to give you back data like a speedometer or maybe a round counter.
>>
File: Giggles.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
Giggles.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>72565363
Thats the funniest shit i've heard all day
>>
The gun has to work even if its muddy, bloody, and you have to pull the trigger on your toes. So no.
>>
Make it a mandatory requirement for all military, federal agents including the secret service for 10-15 years
Then tell me about passing laws about them for civilians
>>
>>72565067
Give me 20 minutes and some power tools and i'll render a "smart" gun useless.
>>
>>72565571
>>72565632
True and true

>They see it as a public safety feature

The idea isn't bad, just the way they are implementing it is. Electronically is not the way to go.

I often do wonder if "Anybody" remembers, has, or uses physical "trigger locks"?

>Seems like an instant problem solver....to replace the electronic versions vuln's, is cheap and effective
>Why isn't that being talked about?
>>
Why should one go out of their way to fuck-up a gun like this? If children safety is the reason, just make a very easy removable compartment (i.e. firing pin) and the problem is fucking solved.

But it's not safety, is govt. faggots being able to disable your guns on a fucking whim.
>>
>>72565067
>made to function remotely or against the owners intentions.

Fairly sure the trigger itself is still mechanical.
Just the safety would be electronic, and it might have a mechanical backup safety.

I don't see why recreational and hunting rifles wouldn't use this technology.
>>
>>72566279
>The idea isn't bad
>>
>>72566438
Because I actually want my shit to work when I go hunting? I don't want to have to sit all day in a stand and have my shit not work when a deer comes by because a droplet of dew found its way into the trigger mechanism or I jostled the rifle with more than one pound of force climbing the stand.
>>
>>72565571
>Anybody that is pro-gun is rabidly against them

Not here in Europe, where we don't get much NRA propaganda.

Police forces are considering them, for example.
>>
>>72565067
Putting the gov or a private body in-between the owning and using of a firearm defeats the purpose.
>>
Have you ever seen Psycho-Pass?
>>
File: crime coefficient1.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
crime coefficient1.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>72565067
>Smart Guns
We Psycho Pass now.

I can't wait for my firearm to fail if I should be wearing a glove, grip it wrongly, or invite my brother over one weekend when a burglar breaks in.
>>
>>72566779
>implying it's nra propaganda to be against them
>>
File: Homicides by firearm USA.png (64 KB, 1376x699) Image search: [Google]
Homicides by firearm USA.png
64 KB, 1376x699
>>72566779
>72566779
And that's a stepping stone for saying "See, the police have it and it works great! (most of the time) Now you civilians need it too."

Firearm crime in the USA is such a non-issue that it's surprising this shit is even considered. Posting this same graph again and again.
>>
>>72566618
Electronics can be made extremely reliable.

The chance of anything mechanical failing is far, far greater.
>>
>>72567114
Kek, do you even AK-47?
>>
>>72565363
Zozzle
>>
Fuck smart guns. The problems they say they would fix, AREN'T FIXED.

> People / children accidentally getting shot by firearms left unattended.
> 5 dollar cable lock fixes this problem.

> People disarming gun from owner and using it against them.
> Yea to protect against the 1,200 times this has happened in 25 years. Such a big, common problem.

> People stealing guns and using them in crimes.
> If you think people won't be able to reset the guns to work with a new user, or to disable the "Smart" part while making them functional given enough time, your wrong.

So...Smart Guns have no use and don't really solve any problem that can't be solved through other means. So why are they being pushed now? Gun Control, pure and simply.
>>
>>72566467
Im from baltimore

>There are ALOT of stupid fucking kids around here.....there is literally 1-4 shootings per day.....2 days ago there were 4

I know im supposed to be for no modification and ownership is ownership "BUT" there are alot of stupid fucking mongoloids around here.

More towards proper training of use, storage, and safety ie; physical trigger locks to make use still there when it's needed but not for kids or people who don't have the key.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (172 KB, 700x568) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
172 KB, 700x568
Metal Gear Solid had that shit
And it was fucking retarded
>>
>need for revolution happens
>whoops they disabled my smart gun

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>72566995
>Psycho Pass
Got any good free streaming sites. I'm on my work computer. They will let me hit 4chan, but have shit to block P2P and Direct Download sites (Mega, Rapidshare, etc)
>>
File: 1453216773987.jpg (33 KB, 347x361) Image search: [Google]
1453216773987.jpg
33 KB, 347x361
>>72565363

>>"all of our agents are currently busy, your estimated wait time is... 40... minutes... your life is important to us, please hold"
>>
File: 1451775167439.png (8 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1451775167439.png
8 KB, 377x326
>>72565363
>>72565492
>>72565568

More like
>pack of wild dindus break into your house
RICOCHET
>Take two out while holed out in your linen closet around the corner
>Other dindus start trying to run towards the door
RAPID FIRE
>One dindu gets brave a charges right at you
HIGH-EX

Its the wave of the future
>>
>>72567067
The chance of someone dying by accident, like children playing with daddy's shiny toy, is far greater than criminals getting stopped by guns.

So by your logic you might as well abolish guns altogether, since you practically never need them.
>>
>>72565363
I really hope you came up with this on your own.
Cause this is tasty.
>>
>>72565067
The only time electronics and small arms should ever meet is when they start making personal coil guns.
>>
Anything that makes government enforcers less efficient at killing civilians is a good idea to me
>>
>>72565067
>buying a cuckgun that any idiot with a $20 jammer from China can disable
>>
>>72567235
Do you even denbts?
>>
>>72567280
Yeah, those "stupid kids" aren't Mongolian, senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 853x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 853x953
>>72567437
>The chance of someone dying by accident, like children playing with daddy's shiny toy, is far greater than criminals getting stopped by guns.
I'm sure you gave proof of this

>inb4 ignored
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.
>>
>>72567437
Unless everyone in your country is brain-dead, you wouldn't keep a gun where a child could get it
>>
>>72567563
No. But if you claim that you can get a circuit to be more reliable than something purely mechanical, you are bound to have denbts cause you are stupid
>>
>>72565067
Smart guns is the worst thing to happen to American gun culture since Columbine shootings.
>>
>>72565363

Need a few â„¢ symbols, but not bad other than that
>>
>>72567655
http://youtu.be/clW2jtv6qFc
http://youtu.be/VPfz7ENFUB0
http://youtu.be/LQcoNr6ZIEc
http://youtu.be/838Iy08OULQ
>>
>>72565363
T A S T Y
A
S
T
Y
>>
Worst idea ever. Pretty soon the government will have a little disabler transmitter in each of them and then there goes the constitution. Whoever thought of it should have his liberal ass stomped.
>>
>>72565067
>I think that this is a good "Idea" but way to far out for general public use.
It's a bad idea. I don't know what an "Idea" is, but it's an unworkable solution to a made up problem.
>>
File: Capture.png (70 KB, 772x574) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
70 KB, 772x574
>>72567416
You have Plex? I'll share my server with you if you want. Link me your username/email and you have access to a bunch of chinese cartoons 24/7.
>>
>>72568205
No plex, I'm 500 miles from home on an emergency work trip. I didn't even get to pack a fresh change of clothes.
Just my work computer, and my cellphone.
>>
>>72567581
No your right.....their murderers.
>>
If Obama likes "smart" guns so much they should be given to the Secret Service.
>>
>>72567426
Sad part is smart guns won't be anything like judge dread, literally the only smart, smart gun idea.
>>
File: 1447623121447.jpg (16 KB, 199x185) Image search: [Google]
1447623121447.jpg
16 KB, 199x185
>>72565363
>doesn't even look like it has social media integration built into it
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.png (170 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.png
170 KB, 382x346
>>72567886
>the 11 y.o. kid is called Kyle Burger

'MURRICCCCCCCCCAAAAAAHHHHH, FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>72565067
>relying on even more moving parts
Wow, I'm sure these won't be prone to accidents and failure, making them a fucking horrible choice for defense.
>>
File: image.jpg (392 KB, 1111x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392 KB, 1111x1600
>>72568855
That's the reporters name
>>
File: 1454140827075.jpg (227 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
1454140827075.jpg
227 KB, 1024x690
>own a smart gun
>take a wrong turn down a nasty street on a cold winters day
>some African Americans politely ask for my wallet
>HOW ABOUT YOU BUY SOME CRACK WITH HOT LEAD INSTEAD?
>grab gun
>gun can't read my prints
>i'm still wearing gloves
>get shot

>somehow survive the shooting
>driving gloveless in my car with my pistola safely strapped into passenger seat
>pull up at red light
>melanin enriched gentleman politely asks to borrow my car
>HOW ABOUT YOU DRIVE TO THE CRACK STORE ON HOT LEAD INSTEAD?
>grab gun
>"Low battery"
>get stabbed in face and have car stolen

>somehow survive the stabbing
>too scared to leave the house now
>always leave gun in charger
>dindus enter and politely ask to borrow my TV
>HOW ABOUT YOU WATCH CRACK PROGRAMS WITH HOT LEAD INSTEAD?
>eating cheetos
>grease on fingers renders the sensor invalid
>get shot again

>still alive despite the wishes of a vengeful god
>leave gun in charger
>only eat food with chopsticks to avoid staining my fingers
>wash hands twenty times a day to make sure the sensor can read them
>BOOM BANG CRASH
>The thought police are here to take me away for re-education
>Just like /pol/ warned
>SOMETHING CRACK SOMETHING HOT LEAD?
>Pull trigger
>gun doesn't fire
>they have a smart gun signal jammer
>they shoot my dog
>then shoot me

>As the light drained from my eyes I met the spirit of Thomas Jefferson and he whispered in my ear
>"Shall not be infringed"
>>
>>72569042
I stand corrected. Still it's like memes are shaping reality
>>
>>72569082
10/10
>>
File: Family Photo (2).png (1 MB, 1217x601) Image search: [Google]
Family Photo (2).png
1 MB, 1217x601
>>72567437
>need
There's that word again.
Where did I say that we should abolish guns all together?
Here's what I own, none of them have ever been in the hands of children or developed a bloodlust and killed anyone either.

It's one of my favourite hobbies and almost all anti-guns have never been instructed how to safely handle them or have never tried them. It would be like someone telling you that cars result in too many deaths and are too dangerous when the person has never touched a car in their life.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 406x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 406x450
>>72569475
Cares are pretty dangerous
Who needs all that horse power?
>>
>>72569586
How about pools?
Someone who can't swim will tell you that pools are just death traps and serve no purpose other than "having fun" and "exercising"

Really, pools kill a lot of children, moreso than firearms do. Doesn't mean that everyone should have to get rid of pools because negligent people let their children play near pools or some people don't care to swim.
>>
>>72569949
this
why the fuck would you need all that water?
>>
>>72569949
Pools too
Ban assault style swimming pools
>>
File: Quote Smart Guns.jpg (270 KB, 921x669) Image search: [Google]
Quote Smart Guns.jpg
270 KB, 921x669
>>72565067
Obama is really really enthusiastic about "smart" guns, so let him refit the entire military and police force with these brilliantly effective "Smart" guns, and they can sell all their old, obsolete not so modern guns to us as surplus.
>>
>>72565067
I dont even like a safety on a gun let lone something that will take precious time away from the process
>>
>>72568453
Seems to be on Netflix I guess. I can't help you other than common streaming services or pirating.
>>
File: 1457032098339.gif (1 MB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
1457032098339.gif
1 MB, 244x244
>>72565363
Long, but worth it.
>>
>>72571511
_ ____ __ ____ ___ _____
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.