[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does iran stand a chance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 13930605000199_PhotoI.jpg (109 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
13930605000199_PhotoI.jpg
109 KB, 600x350
does iran stand a chance?
>>
Iran just needs to wait out Saudi Arabia's inevitable implosion.
>>
>>72557614
Saudis are getting rekt by some houthi katchewers with outdated weapons. Iran would walk all over them in a 1v1
>>
>>72557614
Saudis are literally shit tier soldiers, worse even than other arabs. Their only advantage is money. Iranians are decent if weak from sanctions.
>>
Irans proxies are already rekking Saudi proxies in both Syria and Yemen
>>
Iran could obliterate Saudi Arabia with ease and is winning geopolitically and is more politically stable. Iran is an actual country, Saudi Arabia is a playground.
>>
>>72557614

For some reason I am under impression that saudis have problem with military discipline and learning. Lot of leadership positions are staffed by royalty and such. Mistakes are frowned upon that what makes learning and improvement hard as they are more interested to keep up appearance than to actually learn something.
>>
>>72558561
This. Who /iranian/ here?
>>
>>72557614
1v1 with no outside (western) interference, Iran would shit all over the Arabs. But since that's not how the world works, Saudi Arabia would pay the western powers to fight for them, turning Iran into a pile of rubble.
>>
>>72557614
Can Iranian men even compete?
>>
>>72558561
Also, Iran has the huge advantage of not having a Rothschild-owned central bank, an accomplishment no other non-communist country can tout.
>>
>>72557614
I want saudi arabia to die so badly.
I won't be able to rest until I see a liveleak of the saud family being executed.

I fucking hate the saudis so goddamn much. 1973 should've been the last straw with those bastards.
>>
Iran would wipe out Saudi, but if it turned into an insurgency iranian troops would die off in the Arabian desert.

That being said I hope they both fight each other until both wipe each other out. God Willing that is the best thing that can happen.
>>
>>72557614

Saudi Arabia is falling out of favour with the Western World because we can all get our oil from Uncle Sam now
Saudi Arabia has had a shaky succession and what is basically a coup, so there are internal divisions.
Saudi Arabia has an army which is completely shit and has only resently gotten some battlefield experience. They have a lot of good gear though, but look how little that helped the Iraqi army once shit hit the fan.

Iran has a clear ruler, a fairly balanced parlamentary system and is relatively stable
Iran has come into the world stage again with the lifted sanctions and will PROFIT at current oil prices, compared to Saudi Arabia which runs a massive budget deficit.
Iran's army is led by veterans of the bloody Iran-Iraq war, and is making considerable gains in both Iraq and Syria and gaining even more experience.
Iran is a tight ally with Russia and stands firmly against wahabism, another thing is its strategic position towards the East, where it will eventually be connected by the Chinese Silk Road project

Saudi Arabia will soon feel the blowback from all its terrorist activities, while Iran actually has been a saint in recent years and won't have a shitload of jihadists returning home preaching Jihad against the oppressive rulers.
>>
I think the history will repeat itself again:

>Safawiyin get stronger
>Meanwhile, Ottomans getting stronger too
>Safawiyin go in a passive war with Al Hijaz
>Hijaz not really strong in term of military
>Safawiyin ask for Roms' help
>Ottomans face them and BTFO them

Same story happened countless times.
>>
>>72559117
درود
>>
>>72561241
Salam hamvatan, che khavar?
>>
I hate Saudi Arabia, but pathetic Iranboos here are cringeworthy.
>>
>>72557614
Iran spent the last decade and more developing a decent and functional economy under harsh sanctions while Saudis built an economy founded on oil and nothing else, with currently a critical budget deficit. In case of war I expect Iran to destroy Saudi Arabia militarily and Saudi Arabia to pretty much collapse on itself.
>>
>>72561528
well when the thread is iran vs saudi, it isn't really a tough decision for anyone who isn't a jewish cocksucker
>>
>>72557614
Yes, Iran is bigger and has the support of the eastern part of saudi arabia
they have nothing to be scared of
ez pz
>>
>>72561528
>iranboos here are cringeworthy
explain
>>
>>72557614
of course, they don't have an incompetent mercenary army and are much better equipped than houthis, iranians also outnumber saudiniggers

I'm not picking sides but I'd be happy to see all sunni death cultist cunts glassed asap
>>
File: saudi 1377088949851.jpg (112 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
saudi 1377088949851.jpg
112 KB, 640x360
>>72559694
1973? What happen?

I do remember this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

What really amazed me is this part: "Saudi King Khaled however, did not react to the upheaval by cracking down on religious puritans in general, but by giving the ulama and religious conservatives more power over the next decade. He is thought to have believed that "the solution to the religious upheaval was simple -- more religion." First, photographs of women in newspapers were banned, then women on television. Cinemas and music shops were shut down. School curriculum was changed to provide many more hours of religious studies, eliminating classes on subjects like non-Islamic history. Gender segregation was extended "to the humblest coffee shop". The religious police became more assertive".

So the country was a bit more free at one point.

>>72560307
>and has only resently gotten some battlefield experience. They have a lot of good gear though
A lot of good gear, and troops gaining experience in Yemen and they already fought against Iraq. Freeing Kuwait and invading Iraq. From wat I read their allies were praising them like they were divine warlords. A bit odd, maybe they were lying.

>>72559504
In 1v1, SA would cannibalise itself. SANG is the Sauds personal army, to counterbalance the regular army and keep everyone in check. Or vice versa. They already had a (pretty much) coup earlier 2015. This will only result in a countercoup from whatever brother has the best cards and runs either the SANG, the army, the air force, the navy, or the national police, whichever is in a position to take over. Shia might just throw a bitchfit and rebel if they all try and get power and blast eachother, they are probably sick of random executions.
>>
Saudis have Israel the USA and NATO in their back
They have money
And they have destroyed Syria with their and israel proxy army (Isis)
Idk I hope Iran wins but with all these forces in the back of Saudi they have no chance against Saudis
>>
>>72562057
kek
>>
>>72561528
Shoo rabbi shoo!
>>
>>72562805
Geopolitics change. The US turns on its allies the moment it becomes convenient to do so.
Saudi Arabia is a glass house. Their entire economy is oil, they import all of their food, most of its people are unemployed and live off what is probably the most generous welfare system in the world and is ruled by a sprawling family that includes a huge number of ridiculously wealthy members with solid claims on the throne.
The moment the US starts disliking the taste of that sandy dick in its mouth the rocks will start flying and Saudi Arabia will shatter.
>>
File: Iraaaaan.png (41 KB, 980x716) Image search: [Google]
Iraaaaan.png
41 KB, 980x716
>>72557614
Iran is a fucking awesome country.

I can't wait for the domestic policy to change, but even as they are it's the only hope for the Muslim world and the MIddle East becoming a stable and prosperous place again
>>
>>72562582
>what happen?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
>>
>>72564928
Oh that. I thought you meant something that happened in or to Saudi-Arabia that threatened their government as it was.
>>
>>72565235
nah, i was wanting some good old gunboat diplomacy to remind them that whitey is boss.
>>
Saudi Arabia is the heart where the toxic blood of Islam pumps itself into the world. Iran has been infected but speaking as an Iranian, the younger generations are literally waiting for a blunder to oust the regime.

I hold the belief that if the Mongols and the Caliphate didn't seep into Iran's land, Iran would be the best country in the Middle East.
>>
>>72557614
Saudi Arabia does NOT have a native/national army, so yes, Iran would walk allover it if the Saudis don't pay someone to fight for them.
>>
File: islam nuke mekka.jpg (485 KB, 633x585) Image search: [Google]
islam nuke mekka.jpg
485 KB, 633x585
>>72565448
Just a gunboat? I'd hope more than just a gunboat.
>>
>>72565821
Pardon me? What do you mean by gunboat. I agree with the picture, they are literally doing nothing good for the world.
>>
Saudi Arabia barely trains on their equipment as it is, I'd bet they leave most of it lying around for Americans to man if shit really hit the fan for them.
>>
>>72565721
The USA would be there before you could finish that sentence
>>
>>72557614

iran has russia on their side

saudis have obama

who do you think would win that fight?
>>
>>72566019
*Drilling the Saudi's oil without interference from Saudis
FTFY
>>
>>72566019
This is becoming less likely by the minute, that's why the Saudis are exploring other options

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Military_Alliance
>>
>>72565448
Nah. Iran was a religious tyranny under the Sassanid Dynasty with a lot of similarities to today. They purged Zoroastrian sects that weren't their own. And of Hellenistic influences brought in by the Greeks. And started persecuting Christians

The Zoroastrian faith was steadily declining and many fire temples went into disrepair, there were mass conversions to Christianity. The Islamic conquests was actually relatively peaceful for Iran. It was more like the Sassanian-Parthian confederacy collapsed and the muslims took over. The Abbasid Revolution restored the Sassanid administrational systems etc and brought upon a 400 year golden age where Persia was once again the most prosperous part of the world. So Islam wasn't the end of Persia. The end of Persia was brought upon by the invasions by the Mongols and Tamerlane depopulating Persia by 70-90% twice in 200 years. And then the Silk Road collapsed when the Europens discovered direct trade links to the East by sea in the 17th century. This was pretty much terminal for Iran, the Safavid Empire was fairly wealthy before this and collapsed very quickly. The Afghans then invaded and depopulated Persia once again and Nader Shah went on a series of wars against the Afghans, Ottomans and Russians and major Iranian cities were depopulated AGAIN (Isfahan, the capital, was emptied). Iran's history has been complete turmoil since the Mongols in the 13th century.

Islam isn't toxic in itself, it's arguably been a net positive for Iran (but the last 35 years have been some of the most brutal for Iranian Islamic history)
>>
>>72557614
why are the country borders roughly the same shape or mirror-image?
this does greatly upsets my autism
>>
File: Saudi printer.jpg (52 KB, 450x434) Image search: [Google]
Saudi printer.jpg
52 KB, 450x434
>>72565721
>Saudi Arabia does NOT have a native/national army
"In 1954, the office of Jihad and Mujahidin was transformed into modern National Guard"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian_National_Guard

The jihad office is their army. The regular army too but it has loads of mercenaries doing the actual fighting. So the experience goes away when the mercs go away. Not a good move longterm. Oh well, as long as they pay their protection money they are good I suppose.
>>
The US Navy is the only reason they haven't already. And dangerous as interstate war is, we'd all be a lot better off without Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>72566189
Occupation of Saudi Arabia is hard, not because of the Saudi government/family, they are weak as fuck, but because of their volatile, batshit insane population, it's the same reason they don't have a native military.
>>
Saudi will have to rely on France. Not sure we will help.
>>
>>72566471
There's a limit to what people would do for money.
>>
>>72561405
Peste meekhoram. Omidvaram arabha va siaha zane to ra rape nakardan baradar
>>
>>72566315
Didn't Sassanid fight Saudis ?
>>
>>72567289
Sassanids were 1400 years ago. Arabia was just semi-nomadic tribes. Sassanids had an Arab client state that the muslim arabs helped liberate from Sassanid control and that's how the war started
>>
>>72566588
They are also garbage as soldiers, so the oil companies would just hire some mercs, preferably South African ex-Special Forces.
>>
>>72561405
>>72561241
BUILD A WALL
>>
File: reltier.png (731 KB, 1192x2180) Image search: [Google]
reltier.png
731 KB, 1192x2180
>>72565821
I agree with picture, once it dropped the muslim mind control/drone relay would stop working. Middle east would be empty and Iran could start going back to zoroastrianism
>>
>>72566315
You seem very well informed. Thank you. I was referring to my parents era: the transition from the Shah to a theocracy was very blunt and did not bode well for dissenting opinions.
>>
>>72567805
suicide bombers don't need a lot of training. ;)
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.