[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Phonebanking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: we_can_still_do_it_guise.jpg (282 KB, 1477x586) Image search: [Google]
we_can_still_do_it_guise.jpg
282 KB, 1477x586
>today on reddit
Putting the unreal level of delusion aside, does phonebanking actually have any positive effect at all? Are there any statistics or even studies? Don't unsolicited calls usually just piss people off?
I can not imagine any situation in which calling somebody would make them change their vote to the candidate you want them to support.
>>
>>72550993
Also
>Slow and steady wins the race
Gee, where have I heard that before?
>>
>>72550993
bump
>>
>>72550993
If anything it puts people off. Dozens of people were saying they were put off from 14 year olds phoning in and telling them about Bernie
>>
>>72551393
That's what I thought. Isn't that the first thing that comes to mind? Why do they continue doing it? Why do they encourage people to do it?
>>
>>72550993
If someone phoned me to try to convince me to vote for Bernie, I would tell them that I had planned on it until receiving this phone call.
>>
>Getting called by 14 year olds and people who aren't even from the US or live there telling me to vote for Bernie

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>72551477
>>72551594
His main base of support is retards who aren't old enough to vote. They don't think logically.
>>
>>72550993

Phonebanking does nothing except maybe reminding people to vote. When people phonebank they do it for their own ego.
>>
>>72551594
> people who aren't even from the US
Is that even legal?

>>72551564
Probably the best way to deal with them. Or just tell them to go suck a dick.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 720x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 720x554
I live in Cali, which means I am going to be bombarded with these neckbeards in a month or so. I just won't answer the phone, if they keep calling I'll call back and phone bank for Cruz
>>
>>72551858

I think they can phonebank but they're not allowed to donate to the campaign.
>>
>>72552283
That doesn't even fucking make sense, logically speaking. Oh well.
Do people phonebank for other candidates at all?
>>
>>72553284

No, because they have jobs.
>>
>>72551851
Pretty sure I'd cuss a motherfucker out if he called me and told me to vote for Bernie
>>
>>72553284
No because the only thing it does is piss people off
>>
>>72552118
When they phone you pretend that you called them phone-banking for Trump senpai.

>>72550993
>does phonebanking actually have any positive effect at all?
I doubt it has any significant affect, the same is true of handing out generic fliers.
I think the PR companies that offer these services believe they make a difference (or maybe just want to get money from politicians) though.
>>
>>72550993
I got a call from one of those Bernouts, early on, it annoyed me so I did some research and decided to vote Trump.
>>
>>72550993
>6pm
>come home from work
>wife greets me and says dinner is ready
>call the two kids to come to the table
>start to eat
>suddenly the phone rings and I pick it up
>14 year old kid starts to stutter
>h-h.hi t-there, I-I-I want to erm talk to you about you know le ebin #feelthebern you know uh t-the guy w-who gun make le ebin college free and stuffz...
>tell him I don't care and we're eating dinner
>2min later
>phone rings again and the next autist starts to stutter bernie stuff
>this happened 5x during a single dinner

I actually considered bernie as a ok tier candidate but after that experience me and my wife registered as Republicans and voted for Trump
Phonebanking works 100%.
>>
File: 1459986344627.gif (698 KB, 555x666) Image search: [Google]
1459986344627.gif
698 KB, 555x666
>>72553284

Most candidates spend their money on door to door get out the vote efforts on the day of the election, going to supporters to remind them, helping the elderly get there, etc. They don't waste their efforts trying to flip non-supporters, they work with lists of people who are already supporting them and try to maximize turnout of those people. But sanders can't do this, because he doesn't really have supporters IRL, so he has to (futilely) try to flip people. also Obama had a similar phonebanking operation so Sanders is copying that in an effort to copy the excitement the Obama campaign instilled in their supporters, by giving them something to do to make them feel good - even if its literally accomplishing nothing

In those phone banking threads you will see them frequently complain about people not checking off a number as called, and they end up calling the same person over and over again lol... Its hilarious how stupid the entire operation is. Its really just meant to be busywork so his retard supporters can feel like they did something without leaving the couch.

Also there are new laws in the US about robocalling phone numbers .... Having humans do the calling is a sly way of getting around this
>>
>>72554069
Do you live in america
>>
>>72554086
>>72554069
Insane. To think that by now they must've made millions of calls.
I wonder what would have happened to Bernie's campaign if they didn't do the phonebanking.
>>
>>72554069
You left your proxy on
>>
>>72551393
>If anything it puts people off. Dozens of people were saying they were put off from 14 year olds phoning in and telling them about Bernie

So why don't we phonebank for Bernie?
>>
File: 1454812568293.png (329 KB, 497x750) Image search: [Google]
1454812568293.png
329 KB, 497x750
>>72550993
justtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
>>
>>72551175
STEP OFF THAT LEDGE YEB!!
>>
>>72551175
He likes turtles
>>
>>72554267
Yes we do but we are moving to Switzerland.
Picked up the key for our house today.

>>72554396
Yea that shit is like the daily telemarketer calls, absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>72554396

The Berniefags on reddit are so delusional at this point it's not even funny anymore. Most of these people believe that the world is essentially doomed if this guy doesn't become president, and even though he has no chance at this point they are feverishly doing everything they can (which is basically just donating money they don't have and wasting their free time phonebanking) to help his doomed campaign. They are going to cling to every last pathetic little shred of hope they can get their hands on. I'd even be willing to bet that this won't even be over after Hillary officially becomes the nominee; the next stop on the delusion train will probably be a campaign to try and get people to write in Bernie instead of voting for Clinton, which could actually work to our advantage since it would just peel votes away from Clinton.

I honestly just feel sorry for them at this point.
>>
>>72551393
Around caucus time I got 3 different calls that said they were from local cell phones so I answered them and hung up when they started talking. Really annoying.

I only got one call from Trump's automated system and I didn't have to answer it because it said it was from New York city so I knew what it was going to be
>>
File: 1459370855088.jpg (20 KB, 349x387) Image search: [Google]
1459370855088.jpg
20 KB, 349x387
>>72556290
>write in Bernie instead of voting for Clinton, which could actually work to our advantage
If they don't do that, we should totally get them to do it.
#NeverHillary #WriteInForBernie
>>
>>72550993
>people think she needs to buy TV ads when she already has the older vote
>>
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 1024x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 1024x674
>>72553977
Phone banking annoys people, so I'm doubtful If it works.

Genaric flyers work well FOR THE MONEY. For about 3 cents you can get your message across. Don't be a dick, respect people who say no or get mad at you, always be the nicest person on the street, and you can at least move people from "I don't know" to "maybe"
>>
I wish I was American.
I want to be called by 15 year olds from across the country to tell me how great Bernie Sanders is.
I want to ask them difficult questions.
I want to seem like I am on the verge of voting for Bernie, then at the last moment tell them I think I'll be voting for Hillary.
>>
can anyone just phone bank? or do they vet and select qualified people from a pool of volunteers?
>>
>>72554806
All my HUES are gone.
>>
>>72552118
Same here, I only get calls from telemarketers and scammers though. Though I guess Sanders supporters would fall in the latter.
>>
>>72560097
I think it's just random people looking through their local phonebook
>>
>>72560097

Literally anybody. They thought we were doing some kind of raid where we were going into their database and changing whether or not people had been called already but I'm pretty sure they are just idiots.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.