[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is middle class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 420x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 420x248
My wife and I have a household income of $160,000 a year, but we don't feel "high-income". Does this chart represent the real middle class in America? The lower limits feel poverty-level.
>>
Do you live in an expensive area? Is it just the two of you? What are your expenses? America's pretty diverse, so it's harder to make generalities.

For example, with population statistics in America, I sometimes take things with a grain of salt and wonder how much blacks are influencing the numbers.
>>
>>72531973
We live in Houston, TX. Just the two of us, no kids. We do pay a substantial amount of student loan debt monthly, but only because we want to get ahead. We live in an apartment. Both cars are paid for.
>>
>>72532825
How much is your rent? How much are you paying for student loan debt?
>>
>>72532963
$1341 a month for rent. Minimum student loan repayment is $1011 a month, but we pay ~$3100 a month.
>>
>>72533075
Well then just running through your income:

I estimate you and your wife take home about 112k a year after taxes to feed and send to school all the welfare niggers.

That means about 9k a month. You spend 4.5k on rent and student loans. Then maybe another 1.5k on food utilities, leaving you 3k for whatever the fuck you want. Which is pretty good.

I don't know how much total in student loan debt you're paying off but thats probably the only reason you don't feel like you're making as much as you are. You're spending half of your disposable income on it (not that that's a bad idea, get it done with as soon as possible). Once its paid off your disposable income literally doubles.

Also try to buy a condo/house even with a mortgage in the next year or two. It's a much better investment than paying 1.5k in rent every month for the rest of your life that you'll never get to make back.
>>
Poor: <$30,000
Working class: ~$50,000
Lower middle class: ~$75,000
Middle class: ~$100,000
Upper middle class: ~$250,000
Wealthy: $1m+

All figures for annual family income after taxes and transfer payments
>>
>do around 200k a year
>feel just average

After paying the taxes, house and car, I just have enough money left to enjoy normal travels and leisure. Doesn't feel like being rich at all.
No idea how people manage to have a family on less than 40k.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 720x720
>>72533887
Yeah that's about right. I have never been so buttblasted by taxes in my life. Fucking sucks bro.
>>
>>72534523
>>72531596
Also this is OP. I changed to LTE from wifi so new ID.
>>
File: but it do (2).jpg (611 KB, 1414x952) Image search: [Google]
but it do (2).jpg
611 KB, 1414x952
>>72531596
>MFW I just realized I have a higher degree of solvency and larger amount of savings than most Americans, but I'm poor as fug by most measures
>>
>>72534702
That's because most Americans live well beyond their means and spend every dime they have. Paycheck to paycheck is a reality for most.
>>
I think it is relative and not tied to a specific amount of income. If you can afford a good apt or house, have a nice car and travel abroad once once a year or so and eat well, afford college and whatnot, i'd consider that middle class.
>>
File: 1454985572822.jpg (82 KB, 558x450) Image search: [Google]
1454985572822.jpg
82 KB, 558x450
>>72534807
SUCK IT, MY FELLOW AMERICANS
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.