[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm living in Finland but after having a life-Long (not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1452750039466.jpg (77 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1452750039466.jpg
77 KB, 500x374
I'm living in Finland but after having a life-Long (not Anime related) crush on Japan, I fell in love with the Country when I visited it during Summer 2014.

It may Sound strange to you, but I felt like it was more my home than my real home - somehow, I instantly felt like I belong more to Japan than to Finland.

Thing is, as a (kinda) virkamies (civil servant) in Finland, I have one of the probably most secure Jobs in the world, and don't know how my chances in Japan would be in my field of work. (insurances - first private field, now social insurance)

IF I really decide to go, it's a Long road ahead, because my Japanese is truly lacking - although the Servers at my favorite japanese Restaurant always seem to think I'm somewhat fluent when I manage to order something lol, as they begin to ask me questions in japanese immediately.

As I said, I visited Japan in 2014, but it was only (sadly!) a 2 week trip, visiting the most prominent spots like Tokyo, Matsumoto-jo (Oh I absolutely love that Castle, more so than Himeji-jo), Shirakawa-go, Kyoto and Todai-ji/Nara, and I luckily didn't experience any earthquakes. The only earthquakes I know from home or small (below 5 on richter Scala), so I don't know how much it would bother me.

Anyway, sorry that I got off track, I'm kinda drunk, despising my current Situation and just wanted to know if any of you feel the same way about your home Country and want or even already have real plans for leaving their home Country for Japan.

Any opinions are welcome, as I don't have real experiences regarding gaijin/nanban in Japan.
>>
File: 1455055460682.jpg (545 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
1455055460682.jpg
545 KB, 1600x1060
>>
File: 1375361512940.jpg (880 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1375361512940.jpg
880 KB, 1632x1224
>>
>>72519977
Get into graduate school for your field at a good school there, get a scholarship. You get to live there during school, and then when you're done you can look for a permanent, full time job there instead of just being there for a few years as part of JET or something.
>>
File: 1365858175997.jpg (255 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1365858175997.jpg
255 KB, 1280x960
>>72520576
I was under the impression they don't take non-natives for JET
>>
>falls in love with Japan
>doesn't realize he is ethnic mongolian

Welcome home, nakkahakinnen.
>>
>>72520710
Well then perfect, that temporary option is off the table.
>>
Arigatou for the replies everyone, i looks like there's not so many Japan experts here, i'll try asking another board
>>
>Arigatou for the replies everyone
You were doing so well but now you just sounded like someone who owns a katana unironically
>>
>>72521271
>>>/trv/

its a slow board and threads can last for days so be patient and check back regularly. also check out reddit /r/ japan
>>
File: 1431745362959.jpg (171 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1431745362959.jpg
171 KB, 450x600
>>72519977
>>
>>72519977

>(not Anime related)

You specify this like it somehow makes you any less creepy.
>>
>>72519977
Glad you had fun. You guys wreck the Russians in the Winter War so you're based.
>>
>>72521271
Finn, what do you want? I gave you your best bet on how to actually move to and work in the country. Do you think there's a magic English teaching job anyone can apply for where they'll fly you in long term to live and work there, because that ain't happening.
>>
>>72522615
It was a good reply haha just looking for advice from people who have done it, I've seen many japanese posters here that aren't japanese so i thought maybe i could get some of them in this thread no offense mate
>>
English teaching is your best bet. I've been doing it here for about three years now. The money is decent, especially if you get out of the cheap conversation classes and get hired by a public or private high school.

Honestly if you feel like moving, go for it. I don't have any plans to go back to the states. I'm fluent in the language now and I'm part of a local community. Pretty happy to be here.

Just don't get delusional about it. Japan has its problems too, obviously, and people are going to treat you like a foreigner for years. That means they'll be super polite, but they're not going to really trust you that much or see you as an equal.
>>
>>72522776
I'm matriculating into grad school there in September. I'm only giving you advice because I've gotten into a program fully funded, and have done some scoping of the job market in my field, and I have friends who have already done it.
>>
>>72523088
>>72522615
Alright lads thanks for replies
>>
>>72523391
Be careful though, I don't know how much your field of study is taught in English and what the requirements are. I'm a scientist so it's not a problem for me, but you might have a Japanese language requirement. Also, I contacted and actually visited prospective labs before I went which helped a lot to show I was serious about it and got the professor to help me out a lot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.