[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anglo-Saxons are Germanic...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Manuscript_1.jpg (1021 KB, 2100x1635) Image search: [Google]
Manuscript_1.jpg
1021 KB, 2100x1635
I don't see why people really distinguish Anglo-Saxons from continental and Nordic Germanics racially?

I understand that culturally, Anglo-Saxons have largely developed their own brand of European/Germanic culture, largely driven by their position in insular Britain.

But both the Angles and the Saxons were Germanic tribes. The Angles come from the area which is now the southern tip of Denmark/northern Germany, and the Saxons lived "near to the North Sea" around modern Saxony and Holstein in northwestern Germany.

I know we have that one troll who posts about the Anglo meme, but I don't see how the distinction in general is warranted.
>>
Well really it's because we've been separated from mainland Germans for over a thousands years. In addition to that we've also got quite a bit of celtic blood from centuries of people moving around the Isles.
>>
>>72519876
I think it makes sense racially. When I think of anglos I think of brown hair and green or blue eyes. Aryans are just blonde hair and blue eyes.
>>
>>72519876

have you seen the Englishman's teeth?

this is hardly the same race.
>>
pan germanic master race here. we'll be here long after anglo scum has been cucked out of existence.
>>
File: 1460969384342.jpg (16 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1460969384342.jpg
16 KB, 180x192
>tfw my town is on that picture

Feels good man
>>
You are absolutely 100% correct sven. I never understood why make make the distinction. Angles and saxons btfo out of the romans and whatever Britons were left. Neither of whom were germanic
>>
We germanics are all brothers in arms. Making your group smaller and smaller by cutting out brothers will only hurt the race in the long run
>>
File: Katie_McGrath_1.jpg (96 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Katie_McGrath_1.jpg
96 KB, 1200x800
>>72520491
I guess that's where the Celtic admixture comes in. The Celts were a more southern/Iberian people. At the same time, Black Irish is an absolutely amazing look -- black hair, pale skin, blue/green eyes.
>>
File: when_the_saxon_began_to_hate.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
when_the_saxon_began_to_hate.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>>72519876
>Anglo-Saxons are Germanic...?
Britwulf, Beowulf, Willhelm, e alle min brotes isse revelation shok is. Mīn wandrian-scyf ful ǣlen is. Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe.
>>
>>72520763
Are you from Ulm by any chance?
>>
File: 1461795850335.jpg (268 KB, 760x931) Image search: [Google]
1461795850335.jpg
268 KB, 760x931
But seriously, how do all you Swedes learn to speak English or German, and not realize the stunning amount of cognates between the languages. There are probably more cognates between English and Swedish than between German and English. It has to be obvious to you.
For example:
> All hail the Queen!
> Allt hagel drottningen!
> Alle hagl dronningen!
> Alle begrüßen die Königin!

Come on now, this shit is obvious.

List of 1558 Swedish-English cognates:
> http://www.lexiophiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Same-words-in-SwedishEnglish1.xls
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.