[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on asexuality and identity politics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (750 KB, 1523x1311) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
750 KB, 1523x1311
What's the big deal with identity politics? Is it just a special snowflake thing?

Also, what's the deal with asexuals? Ever since that fucking Sherlock TV series became popular a few years ago, young people have started calling themselves it as some sort of quirky label.
If somebody attractive enough made an advance on them, chances are they'd fuck as soon as the opportunity arrived.

It's understandable to not be that interested in sex. But to say that you never have sexual attraction. Surely everybody has a certain fetish that would drive them to do it. It seems like a label a teenager/young 20s person would give themself in order to be different, just like all these other labels.

Surely leftist retards should be trying to remove these labels to remove the divide that they themselves are creating by creating these groups. But then they would be limited in what they can do to be a special snowflake. Because let's face it, most of these sorts of people that actually largely give a shit about identity politics (race, religion, sexuality, made-up genders) usually aren't particularly intelligent, fit/healthy or charismatic and have pretty much failed at all main aspects of being good humans.

I don't know. If it's not a predictable question, what's /pol/s opinion on asexuals and identity politics in general?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36153289
>>
I label myself asexual, though to be honest I'm just a person who sees no real benefit to ever be in a relationship.
I don't need the psychological effects of being in one or the financial stability it may offer and I see the idea of even fucking a women if given the chance to be too much of a risk and not enough of a reward especially with how feminism has taken route.

I'm just some faggot who wants to chill at home wank to whatever and not deal with the opposite sex in any way shape or form.
>>
>>72510747
A sexuals and human sexuality in general are just part of a spectrum that humans exist across which is perfectly normal, it's just that people at extreme ends of the spectrum are rare.

I think it's fine to give it a label, labels are handy, but the identity politics that comes because of it are simply attempts to leverage power, afterall the most oppressed and downtrodden are the ones who go to the government to be given resources and special rights.

If there was nothing to benefit from, i.e we worked towards smaller government who stay out of personal lives and business, then no one would care, there wouldn't be any identity politics people would focus their efforts into the free market to get resources.

The left cause large government which in turn creates this kind of shit.
>>
>>72510747
Why would an asexual date?
>>
>>72511347
Thanks for that.

That's a good argument. We do need the labels for classification obviously but I hadn't thought of the big government idea.

Cheers
>>
>>72511424
Fucking this
It's just a special snowflake title for attention,
>its because I don't find either gender sexually attractive -the man who fucks a girl regularly.
>>
File: 1446075293394.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446075293394.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
I'm Asexual but still love the female figure and am not bothered by the thought of having sex. I just don't have it so I refrain from seeking it out.

But why must that girl shave her head?
Why must people fit into a stereotype when they identify as something?
It's very disturbing and makes me believe these people are just mentally ill.
>>
>>72510747
>Be asexual
>Go on a date
Uh?
>>
Since some seem to be confused
>>
>>72510747
nationalism is identity politics. /pol/ is almost identical to the SJW movement
>>
>>72513014
I don't think anyone is confused other than someone who would date someone while claiming asexual
>but it's not a sexual relationship
Everything you do involving people and any form of attraction to those people is sexual, whether it gives you a boner or not, the same chemicals that tell you to fuck are telling you that you are attracted even if your erectile dysfunction insists otherwise.
>>
>>72510747
Op here. I sort of understand people could be asexual. But 1% seems incredibly unrealistic (too high). This is people who really would never want to have sex at all. It's somewhat understandable because the only benefits of sex are temporary fun, social bragging rights and possibly having children. But even then, I would have thought enough people would want children to have sex just for that.

The worst part to me is the bit in the article about "grey asexual". this just seems like a Tumblr label for attention.

If it's a temporary disinterest in sex, with occasional interest, surely it's not asexual at all. That's like somebody being partial vegetarian. They avoid meat at all costs, until they see a nice looking burger at a restaurant for somebody being served before them.

>>72512678
The girl with the shaved head (and the pretty faggy looking guy) also probably made me somewhat question the legitimacy of the issue at hand. The BBC is doing bad at creating a good stereotype for people like you.
>>
File: 1439524930187.jpg (91 KB, 562x550) Image search: [Google]
1439524930187.jpg
91 KB, 562x550
>>72513134
You do have a good point as it is hard for me to find someone willing to have a relationship with me over that one factor.

I have my goals in life and I want to achieve those so that I can better myself and love who I am before I consider starting a family and reproducing.

What about the enjoyment of pleasure? I get that everyday by doing things I enjoy in improving myself and my lifestyle. Pleasure just does not require an orgasm.

>>72513135
Its all to push an agenda, is it not? Kill whitey and all of that.
>>
i read some other article about these three "asexual" dudes who would meet up and suck each other off but claim it wasn't sexual so I'd say in some cases it's a mixture of repressed sexuality and not being able to get it up around girls because you've built them up into this mythical thing that you fear

i think most things sexual are based on conditioning, you can't tell me if you started having amazing sex you wouldn't start connecting that in your head with women and sexuality and begin to have normal desires

the fact that in 2016 not being into sex is seen as deviant is the thing that gets me the most though
>>
>>72513071
You're right, but nationalism (or "regional-ism") is probably one of the more important identities. It defines pretty much everything about our behaviour, via the communities we grew up in. And this stretches into methods of governance and economics for entire countries. Being nationalistic isn't that bad of a thing, because for us all to live harmoniously together, we as a nation need to be quite similarly minded, and that involves bunching together as a nation and standing our ground against other nations with different ideals. Obviously we shouldn't go nationalistic to the point of murdering people based on nationality as some /pol/ users believe.

The size of nationalism and how many components it has becomes separate from these other identity politics in the amount of influence it has compared to these. If anything these sorts of subjects seem like small subsets of nationalism, because different countries/communities will approach them in different ways.

Apologies if I've worded anything confusingly or like a retard. I'm not very well spoken.
>>
Asexuals have been around forever, they just weren't a trend until now. They still masturbate just to get it out of the way, but they don't look at someone and want to bust a nut in them. They're not attracted to anything sexually and manually orgasm for the health benefits.

Guaranteed 99% of the "asexuals" you talk to now are lying or ignorant as to what constitutes the title. I could see some people still wanting to be with them for companionship though, which is good for both parties since asexuals tend to be cool with you fucking other people. They don't want to be alone though (from what I've come to understand), but it works the same way as with any friend.
>>
>>72513337
If you take pleasure in self betterment as I would hope most do than you are someone I respect, not that my opinion is inherently valuable. obviously there is much more value in getting your shit together before getting a family going. do keep in mind though friend, lots of people take pleasure in lots of different things, having sexuality doesn't mean you submit to a single form of pleasure. it simply means that one can appreciate sex or reproduction as a form of pleasure. I take great pleasure in riding a motorcycle but I obviously don't take sexual pleasure from it.
>>
I really don't give a fuck about identity politics.

The way I see it it's about individual freedom and being polite. Allowing people to use whatever bathrooms they like is a matter of freedom. Respecting someone's wishes to be identified in a certain manner is being polite.

Asexuality simply does not matter. If someone tells me they're asexual I'm not exactly going to say "No you're not" because I'd look like a dickhead and there's absolutely no point in trying to dictate people's feelings no matter how silly you think they're being.
>>
>>72513581
I understand what you are saying, I accept it and I can relate. To each their own.
>>
File: 1461827579919.png (682 KB, 860x770) Image search: [Google]
1461827579919.png
682 KB, 860x770
>>72511259
This

If this honestly isn't the case for someone who labels themselves "Asexual" and they actually never feel any sexual desires then there is something wrong with their body, but most of them do it for attention and don't even relate to the sexuality flavor of the month anyway
>>
>>72510747
It's just another way of saying "I'm too much of fucking asshole that nobody wants me" instead of letting others know theyre single
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.