[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The libertarian case for open borders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: oneworld.jpg (360 KB, 850x593) Image search: [Google]
oneworld.jpg
360 KB, 850x593
> Libertarianism is a moral and political philosophy that argues in favor of a strong presumption of letting people engage freely in mutually consensual activity and on minimizing coercion in society. In the modern political context, libertarians generally focus on government-enforced and government-facilitated coercion.
> The right to migrate can be considered a corollary of the libertarian view that people should be free to do what they please (individually or collectively) unless it violates the rights of others.
> Libertarians’ view of obligations to strangers has two core premises. First, no obligations to strangers beyond respecting their rights. Second, a very strong obligation to respect their rights. Together, these premises argue in favor of not letting concerns about harms to fellow nationals be a justification for opposing free migration.
> Even many libertarians who do support freer migration do not consider freedom of migration a high-priority issue.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>72493133
N A T I O N S M U S T H A V E B O R D E R S
>>
File: op].gif (4 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
op].gif
4 MB, 320x180
>>72493133
>>
Nations are just an obstacle for free movement of people and money. Libertarians believe that creating a global market of wealth and labor leads to the highest prosperity for all.
>>
>>72493133
All of the rapists, murderers, and thieves would die due to self-defense laws.
>>
>>72493133
You can't build a home until you clear out the land.

Open borders cannot be seriously considered until welfare is abolished and government is reduced to bare essentials or eliminated all together.

>reminder taxation is theft
>forced redistribution is a product of this theft
>immigrants receive distributions
>immigration is subsidized by theft and force

If there was no welfare, unskilled workers would have no incentive to immigrate to a nation that requires skilled labor.
>>
File: muh roads.png (955 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
muh roads.png
955 KB, 960x600
>>
This idea that we must kiss the ass of every stupid shitskin that comes here needs to go. My family and probably alot of your families came here and worked the land to survive.

Now we just invite fuckers in and give them every thing they need. Fuck this country.
>>
>>72493133
Immigrants don't come, and don't stay, in your country when you don't offer free shit.

We have a real live case study happening in front of us. It's called Europe.
>>
>>72493906

You are not a true libertarian if you do not support an open border policy. Just my opinion.
>>
>>72493976
Yes let the bastards come here. But forget pampering their ass.
>>
Open borders in a true libertarian society will not cause 3rd world immigration because in a libertarian society there is no state funded welfare to attract them. Free movements of people is restricted by the market to those who can pay their way
>>
Open borders is an assault on my private property you retard.
>>
>>72493242
A nation is a people, nothing to do with borders
>>
Yea nation states are kind of old news. We are a global world and global economy now. We are no longer Canadian or American, but rather citizens of the Earth.
>>
File: 220px-The_Subsidised_Mineowner.jpg (17 KB, 220x305) Image search: [Google]
220px-The_Subsidised_Mineowner.jpg
17 KB, 220x305
>>72493906
>Crony capitalism steals %50 of world's wealth
>Fighting the brownskins over the leftover crumbs

Hahaha, yes, proceed!
>>
>>72494181
Isn't closed borders an assault on your right to free association? if you want to feed and house 3rd worlders on your own money, why should jackbooted gvmt thugs stop you?
>>
>>72493976
Libertarianism isn't a political spectrum, but the casual observance that life auto corrects itself when left alone.

One cannot, champion free border policy, unless equal attention is given to every other relationship within the society.

A Libertarian CAN'T support open borders in the USA for example, because the Democractic machine, uses fresh immigrants and their descendants to vote for more and more Goverment intervention and welfare.

In this way, blindly chasing open borders, when the very forces you are against uses it to break Libertarian values, and a freer future, would be ideological sucide.
>>
>>72494287
Not if I collectively agreed upon borders with my fellow private property owners.

If a person I don't want is on my property I will deny them access and hire either my private security or I will go down and take care of them.

There is no right to free movement. Especially when that violates my right to my property.
>>
File: house.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>72493133
No. There is no human "right to migrate".

So long as human beings form societies, those societies have the right to appoint borders to protect their people and their interests. This includes, but is not limited to, the influx of large numbers of people who embrace a language and culture that is different from the host country, and which by may significantly impact the host country.
>>
>>72494287
If people are free, then they can form organizations, and prevent whoever they wish from coming in
>>
>>72494356
Why not lobby the democrats to be more libertarian? As long as there's a Milton Friedman style negative income tax.
>>
>>72494398
That's not really the question though. Nobody is demanding you let them onto your property, But if a nation as a whole still has borders, you are restricting the freedom of those who do want to let these people onto their property.
>>
>>72494271
It's not so much capitalism that is the problem. It's that people think it's okay to sustain others on the blood and sweat of those that came before.
>>
>>72494564
when they have no ties to this country in the first place
>>
>>72494530
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry. But your proposition is nigh impossible. They'd alienate their voter base, as well as betray what ever ideological double think they have set up in their heads.
>>
>>72494539
And it's our freedom to do so.

Read HHH and Rothbard you cuckboi
>>
>>72493133
I'd like to migrate into your house because you have more food in the fridge than I have thank you very much.
>>
>>72494838
its your freedom to oppress others? What kind of libertarianism is that? If you are making a ring around everyone else's property and arbitrarily deciding who has access to it with force, doesn't that just make you a warlord?

Don't just tell me to read some kike book, I want you to explain how that is libertarian to prevent others from doing what they want with their private property
>>
if you live in a house with a lock then you're not allowed to say open borders is a good thing
>>
>>72495189
My door is always unlocked. Come and steal something.
>>
File: 1204783219845.jpg (32 KB, 387x505) Image search: [Google]
1204783219845.jpg
32 KB, 387x505
>>72494734
Seriously, think about it. Cap n' Trade. Progressive consumption tax. Promote small businesses. Small government: Democrat edition.

Cmon, it's not that funny!
>>
>>72494205
a fucking goddamn leaf
>>
>>72495027
Yeah it is our freedom to oppress others. Deal with it.

Thems the laws of the jungle.

Be the boot on the neck or be the neck. Take a pick faggot.
>>
>>72496093
Do you consider yourself a libertarian?
>>
You closed border fascists are so ill informed!
>>
File: BTS.png (23 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
BTS.png
23 KB, 300x290
>>72493133
>>72493657
Its really simple
>no welfare
>no borders

Hardwoking immigrants and parasites move to Canada, where they like handing out free shit.

Everybody wins.
>>
>>72498667
correction:

hardworking immigrants STAY
>>
>>72493657
Libertarian here.
This man is correct. There can be no open borders without first dismantling the welfare state. To do otherwise would be economic, cultural and political suicide.
>>
File: 1448988664798.png (64 KB, 1332x709) Image search: [Google]
1448988664798.png
64 KB, 1332x709
>>72493133
No welfare, no borders.
That's the only way it could work, now stop D&Cing us.
>>
>have nice country
>Niggers move in
>ooga booa everywhere
>Rapes and murder increase tenfold

I'll pass, libertards
>>
File: 1446612554338.jpg (27 KB, 1007x485) Image search: [Google]
1446612554338.jpg
27 KB, 1007x485
>>72493133
stupid fucking lolbertarians lmao
>>
The proper libertarian position is to not be for open borders

One cannot have a citizenry without defining who isn't part of the citizenry, which comes with borders

It is easy to extrapolate property rights and right to exclude to the nation level

As for the nonn aggression principle, only a retard would think kicking somebody who's come into your house an initiation of force

FYI I left the libertarian *party* over this issue, they've become bleeding heart anti intellectual feel good cucks. Literally all the presidential candidate were open borders
>>
>>72493133

Would you like all billion Chinese to come in and start voting in the USA? How about all 1.3 billion Muslims?

Borders are a necessity.
>>
File: 1461041604064.png (87 KB, 1304x892) Image search: [Google]
1461041604064.png
87 KB, 1304x892
What is the deal with libertarianism on the rise again on /pol/?

Is this supposed to be like the trendy right-wing flavoured version of Cultural Marxism? Arriving at the same warped conclusion but by different means?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.