[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting offered a free ride to college for a degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13
File: 1461604848265.png (231 KB, 458x384) Image search: [Google]
1461604848265.png
231 KB, 458x384
I'm getting offered a free ride to college for a degree of my choice

Since I trust you guys, what is the best degree I can get right now? And how do I avoid degeneracy and degenerate people
>>
>>72491771
Gender studies
>>
>>72491771

Deep Springs.
>>
>>72491771
Whatever you enjoy doing providing it's not a total bullshit field like woman studies.

Just don't fall for the STEM meme unless you are willing to dedicate every moment of you life to studying,making STEM friends and getting cosy with the professors or you will end up like everyone else, jobless and up to your eyeballs in debt.

Also,

>College
>Avoiding degenerates

You only get to choose one.
>>
>>72492184
so if not STEM what should I choose?
>>
>take BS Nursing
>be rich
>>
>>72491771
African American studies
>>
>>72491771
Go to a hardcore asian stem school. JHU/UCLA/...

Study Economics and Math

You will come out redpilled as fuck and set for life
>>
>>72491771

Pick up an engineering field. It's a lot of difficult work though.
>>
>>72492245
Urban planning

>decent money if you go into government
>buku bucks if you do consulting
>comfy position dealing with the Donald Trumps of the world
>>
File: Confederate_Rebel_Flag.svg.png (84 KB, 2000x1263) Image search: [Google]
Confederate_Rebel_Flag.svg.png
84 KB, 2000x1263
>>72491771
Arts and Crafts

You can make ghost outfits, help construct showers, and even make your own flags. Here's mine
>>
Geology.

No niggers, very few women, and you get to go camping to check out badass rocks.
>>
>>72492245
Honestly STEM is only a meme if you become something like a mathematician or a physicist, anything engineering-related is great money and pretty much guaranteed to find a job
>>
>>72491771
Depends more on your college tbqh
A STEM from your local university only famous for its football will be out-competed by a Yale Classicists, provided he uses the old boys club power well enough.
>>
>>72491771
aircraft maintenance.

Be the redpilled of the redpilled. Like us.
>>
If you want to do liberal arts, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsdale_College is pretty conservative supposedly
>>
Business or STEM are the way to go. Depends on what you're good at, what you enjoy, and how hard you want to work.
>>
>>72491771
Pure math. 300k starting.
>>
If you're just looking at undergraduate then go into an engineering (NOT nuclear or petroleum, but mechanical, industrial, electrical etc)

If you're looking at graduate school go ahead and become a doctor or some type of professional (dentist, pharmacist, MAYBE lawyer)
>>
what do I do if I'm terrible at math?

All STEM degrees make you take a shitload of re-req math. I'll probably be stuck in pre-reqs for years until I can take a class relevant to my degree.
>>
>>72492452
>literally living your live believing everyone is trying to create work for you
>believe everyone else is incompetent and will eventually kill someone
basically every aircraft tech I know
>>
>>72491771
every day its starting to look more and more like the best way to avoid degenerates is to avoid college. I graduated a few years ago, and it has gotten much worse since then.
>>
>>72492430
Meme strikes again, unless you are an A+ student with connections and BFF with a professor or two you aren't getting a job.
>>
>Avoid degeneracy
Anything with lots of mathetmatics

>Best degree
Arguable. I'd say chemical engineering.
>>
>>72492565
I dunno what are you good at
>>
>>72492427
and i hear get paid shit tons to survey oil/gas deposits
>>
>>72492430
this

also any software/computer related degrees are always growing and in high demand
>>
>>72491771
electrical engineering.
>>
>>72492609
Right now I am a self-employed artist.

The money is decent, but I don't think it's enough to retire with.

It would be a shame to pass up an offer like this. But I honestly don't think I am good at much of anything else.
>>
>>72492245
Business. not marketing or administration or some dumb shit like that. Finance or accounting, even economics to an extent. Thats where the money is.
>>
>>72492570
As an aircraft mechanic for the last 8yrs. I am certainly surprised no one has died due to my crew. So many incompetent morons.
>>
>>72492459
Hillsdale is a pretty solid school. They offer free online classes that are pretty nice too, albeit a bit dull.
>>
>>72492245
Business
>>
>>72492184
The only people who "fell for the STEM meme" are the idiots who assumed that it would hand them the rest of their lives on a silver platter, got drunk/high/partied/etc, never studied, failed all their classes, didn't intern/co-op, and/or didn't do any research. And if they somehow managed to graduate, were shocked when they couldn't find a job with a shit GPA, no work experience, and no recommendations.

If you're not literally retarded then you'll do fine with a STEM degree.
>>
>>72492809
I'm Ok. Pratt and Whitney makes nice engines
>>
>>72492754
You should do what:
1. You think you can do better than other people
2. People are willing to pay you to do.

I have a cousin who works as a creative and project lead in marketing. He's homofag and the field is pretty degenerate but you get to create clever things. You could look at something like that.

Stay clear of the booze and drugs though.
>>
>>72492762
> Not administration
You realize that's higher than everything you listed dumbass?
>>
>>72492872
I'd say the most important thing is the internship/co-op experience
>>
>>72492754
you could study industrial design
>>
>>72492578

Found the guy that failed out of STEM, lmao
>>
Math Degree.
Engineering Degree
High tier Government degrees.

Everything else isn't worth shit.
>>
>>72492809
This statement sends chills down my spine, I already fucking hate flying and I have to do it so often.
>>
The best degree is no degree. Go to trade school, join a union, be set for life. Maybe go for some sort of engineering classes to supplement that if you really want to. Not necessary though.
>>
>>72493057
actually this is good

I dated a girl who studied this in college. Best head I ever got. Don't know why it didn't play out
>>
>>72492565
Accounting doesn't require any math. You know how to add right?
>>
>>72493231
>trade meme
This only works for people who did shit in high school. If you're worth anything, going to school for a strong field is worth it.
>>
>>72491771
Probably business, management, or accounting desu
>>
>>72491771
Actuarial Science if you can math good.
>>
>>72492255
This. Going for anesthesiology nursing. They make up to 150,000 average with only a masters.
>>
File: tribe.jpg (124 KB, 800x955) Image search: [Google]
tribe.jpg
124 KB, 800x955
mechatronics/robots/automation
>>
>>72493546
If you can't math, don't want to do engineering, law, or medicine, then just go to trade school instead.
Less debt, less academic bureaucratic nonsense, mo' money sooner because everybody needs tradesman. Particularly, being a lineman is suppose to be pretty good and in high demand.
The only catch to a trade is you better pick something that is fairly well protected against technological unemployment or your ass is fucked.
>>
>>72491771
Engineering / Business or economics double major
>>
File: impulse-control-disorders-936.jpg (34 KB, 420x297) Image search: [Google]
impulse-control-disorders-936.jpg
34 KB, 420x297
>>72492846
You are an incompetent retard.
Do you know how many people have business degrees for Fuck sake.
That is the most not in demand degree one could get.
Seriously, OP go for a STEM degree, and read your textbooks for once in your life and you will do great. GUARANTEED A JOB

Seriously, I do not understand why they call STEM a meme. Most of the physics and math you will learn is crap, but it is actually eye-opening. They really make you red pilled once you understand how puny humans are to have to develop false imaginary systems of points and particles to solve problems.
>>
Always always always Electrical Engineering. Nothing else yung un'
>>
File: 1450597869783.jpg (33 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1450597869783.jpg
33 KB, 1008x720
I think I'm declared computer science
Good deal? Iffy on whether or not I want to pursue higher learning jobs like doctor or optometrist
I'm incoming freshman
>>
>>72491771
Business

Sooooo many options post education
>>
>>72491771
Female African American Gender Studies
>>
File: cereal experiements.jpg (37 KB, 348x419) Image search: [Google]
cereal experiements.jpg
37 KB, 348x419
>>72494277
>he fell for the computer science meme.
>>
File: 143235765756.jpg (58 KB, 364x544) Image search: [Google]
143235765756.jpg
58 KB, 364x544
Is there any website that'll give me the number of jobs in a certain field in the future? Currently freshman about to finish the year, and I wanna get into geology but I'm scared to be unemployed when I graduate
>>
>>72494558
Feminist Dance Therapy
>>
>>72494689
How is it a meme
>>
>>72494715
yep
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
>>
File: $R8NGAFO.jpg (68 KB, 960x627) Image search: [Google]
$R8NGAFO.jpg
68 KB, 960x627
>>72491771
Gender Studies looks like a very long range lucrative degree... gogogogogo
>>
>>72491771
Medical except you have to have done good in highschool
>>
File: 1451248969900.gif (2 MB, 250x308) Image search: [Google]
1451248969900.gif
2 MB, 250x308
>>72494776
You are my savior, thank you
>>
>>72494277
Learn to do medical its high in demand
>>
>>72491771
Petrol on Mining Eng.

>likely hood of full out ME war in the next 30 years is high
>gas prices will skyrocket
>countries will look to up their national productions
>exploration everywhere

>chances of China going full implosion in the next 20 years are high
>90% of earths rare minerals are in China
>Countries will begin exploiting their own resources
>wars means inflation which means precious metals go up = more exploration and mining
>>
>>72491771
I went for Physics, which is one of the best degrees you can get.
However it's also by far the most difficult, unless you're passionate about the subject you will get absolutely wrecked.

I suggest going into engineering. Great money, great career options. You get to spend your time solving problems. The major is a lot easier and less math intensive.
>>
>>72494740
Just general computer science? That shit is useless unless you want to teach it. You need to specialize in either programming, databases, or networking if you're going into software or become a hardware engineer.
If you're a dumb fuck like my brother and get your degree in "IT help desk" then you deserve to not have a job in the IT industry.
>>
>>72495150
There is nothing to specialize in , it's just computer science .
I wouldn't mind teaching to be honest I plan to do it later in life either way
I just want a job where I make at least 40k maybe 35k even
>>
>>72491771

English BA

become a poet and writer and be the next red pill writer our generation needs
>>
I'm going in for special education.

Seriously how fucked am I? This thread is scaring me.
>>
>>72495369
Lol
>>
>>72491771
Any engineering field should be relatively free of SJWs. In general,

Engineering (including CS) > Science = Natural Resources > Math > everything else at a 4 year college.

If you are bad at math, or don't think you're cut out for any of these programs, consider a 2 year trade school for a program you're interested in. Machining, welding, and diesel mechanics are all good high paying fields but will require more travel and personal interest to stay on top of the profession

Source: engineering student who has also been to tech school
>>
>>72495377
You'll be fine since you're already surrounded by retards the entire day browsing this board
>>
>>72492430
Over here we've started saying that engineering is the new art.
>>
File: love u wong tyme.jpg (106 KB, 600x915) Image search: [Google]
love u wong tyme.jpg
106 KB, 600x915
>>72491771

tldr: /pol/ is filled with 20-something NEET idiots. Pretty much the LAST place you should be getting advice. Luckily I'm older and successful.

Fuck all these idiots on /pol/. I fucking swear to god, "muh trades", "muh STEM".

Major in Mass Media / Journalism and then get an MBA. Or go law or finance.

We need people in those industries. The POWER industries.

You should form a new version of Fox News except without the cuckservatives and subtlety NatSoc.

If you don't build a mainstream news organization go into law and put niggers and Jews in jail and then get into politics and start fixing shit. Lastly you could create a bank that provides services to the far-right.

You can't do FUCK all with a job in trades or STEM position except serve your own financial interests.

Honestly, /pol/ and the alt-right are some of the fucking dumbest motherfuckers ALIVE. How is it you fucktards don't understand the concepts I have just laid out?! The reason we are in the position we are in is because we don't own any of the following:

Mass Media
Mainstream News
Mainstream Entertainment
Finance
Law / Legal
Banking
Politics
Education
>>
>>72494136
>fall for STEM meme
>spend entire life as desk slave crunching numbers for business majors with IQ's under 100
>take it up the ass nonstop with unreasonable deadlines and dehumanizing work

Have fun faggot.
>>
>>72491771
Go for Psychology. You can make insane bux on it.
t. Psychology graduate with 300k$ income
>>
>>72495637
>best ticket would probably be
>Media/Finance double major
>Law School
>>
your major literally doesn't matter just pick something you could do as a hobby
>>
Chemical Engineering
>>
>>72491771
Go to a business school and major in accounting.
>>
Not too bright? Economics/Finance won't be too difficult, but will still yield benefits.
Smart? Physics/Chemistry/Math or an Engineering field of your choice.
>>
>>72492762
You should know marketing is probably the most rigorous business degree now. Its literally almost 80% studying math so you can look at market trends and intelligently choose where to take the company money, its also studying UX and programming and web design, doing statistics and calculus to create your own marketing plans, 20% soft skills, humanities and sales training. Finance is probably easier because its pretty much just knowing how to chart, graph and do number crunching you don't need that human element at all.

Marketing is now more specialized knowledge then just how to sell thanks to the internet. You need to leverage social media intelligently, as well as all types of other old media and know when and how much it should cost.

Sorry for the rant but 4chan always makes fun of Marketing but I am in it and its pretty much just math math math, web design, social media, math math math, sales. Sales is probably the smallest element now.

/blog
>>
Go for either a STEM degree or a business related degree that you can be passionate about and work hard.

Here is a fact of life few will tell you: The reason you see so much disagreement on which is the best degree is because there is no guaranteed free job degree. All degrees are worthless if you don't put forth effort. Of course, regressive leftist bullshit like gender studies or childish crap like a game design degree will always be worthless no matter how hard you try, but those are exceptions.

Anything in STEM, accounting, business, or law will do you well if you put forth effort into your career and can be passionate about your field of choice. Any of these degrees are also going to be worthless if all you do is show up to class and barely pass, and do nothing extracurricular to ensure you have a pipeline to a job.

Remember: You are competing with everyone else going for the same line of work. Idiots will tell you that you aren't competing with anyone, do not believe them. There are only a few open positions in any given field for fresh grads at any given time and they are only going to pick the creme of the crop, so pick a field that you know you can be top at.
>>
File: Gen. James Mattis_peace.jpg (66 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Gen. James Mattis_peace.jpg
66 KB, 850x400
>>72491771

Military Science. Attend VMI, The Citadel, Norwich University, or Texas A&M if you can't get into the US service academies.
>>
COMPUTER SCIENCE
>>
File: image.jpg (628 KB, 3543x2662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628 KB, 3543x2662
All this plebs not even considering getting education in Clinical Psychology or Psychiatry.
>>
>>72497537
only if you're a fucking retard op
>>
>>72491771
Portuguese
>>
>>72491771
OP, here's what you do. You can major in pretty much anything you want and still get a job but the secret is that you need to do an internship most if not all of your bachelor's degree. Even if it doesn't pay just suck it up. If you do an internship/research during your 4 year degree you'll develop a good resume and strong connections without even realizing it. That's what sets people apart in college if a person reading a resume sees bachelor's in x and nothing else and then bachelor's in same field but with years of experience they're going to give it to you no question. Internships/research is easy to get into just drive in immediately the more experienced the better.
>>
>>72497591
No jobs. Everyone fucking knows that. End up like my sociology professor 50 years old teaching for 25+ years and still barely making it
>>
>>72497529
1. Texas A&M is a service academy
2. Military Science is shit
>>
>>72497964
That's medical, not social. In medical its plentiful. Ayyy, 27 yo and 300k$
>>
>>72497889
This right here. I see it all the time.
>>
File: ALEX_JONES_AWOOOO.png (122 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ALEX_JONES_AWOOOO.png
122 KB, 400x400
>>72497537

STFU if everyone becomes a programmer we wont be valuable anymore
>>
>>72492565
You aren't bad at math, you were just taught poorly. If you picked up math again, with a decent textbook, you would find that it is much simpler, and more fun that it was in secondary school.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.