[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of megachurches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10
File: jew picture 139.png (271 KB, 800x377) Image search: [Google]
jew picture 139.png
271 KB, 800x377
What do you guys think of megachurches?
>>
File: churchs-chicken.jpg (63 KB, 573x282) Image search: [Google]
churchs-chicken.jpg
63 KB, 573x282
>>72490389
Sounds yummy desu
>>
>>72490389

Too big and impersonal. It's church hollywoodized.

Churches are supposed to be focal points for communities, where people can engage with one another in a responsible and healthy manner while at the same time policing their morals and character among themselves. It requires a lot of investment not only in yourself but also in others to ensure a strong foundation in any community, and due to the sunk cost nature of humanity, it would ensure those ties continue to be strong.

Megachurches, while aggregating hundreds of people, lose that sense of community within one another. It becomes too impersonal. Instead of finding yourself one among peers in a community of like minded individuals with years of trust and support among each other, you instead find yourself shallowly praising the lord and having only weak ties with those among you.

Of course, i never attended a megachurch so maybe there are pros to it I have not realized.
>>
File: lemormonbear.png (56 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
lemormonbear.png
56 KB, 853x543
>>72490389
Pretty heretical tbqh f.am
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 278x181
>>72490389
Only true megachurch is a cathedral.
>>
File: 1461988586582.png (276 KB, 801x378) Image search: [Google]
1461988586582.png
276 KB, 801x378
>>
who needs glorious cathedrals when you can have football stadiums
>>
>>72491154
This
>>
Weird as fuck.
>>
Prosperity gospel is pure heresy
>>
>tfw no religious waifu
>>
They are neither beautiful nor personable. In order to appeal to the lowest common denominator, they end up becoming that much more empty. A church ought to be part of a local community, thus increasing social cohesion among it's residents and developing a stronger sense of closeness to God.

In short, church is God's gym, so don't go to the church equivalent to a Planet Fitness.
>>
>>72490389
fucking weird, I have one in town and all the other churches avoid it like the plague
>>
>>72490389
I'm not even religious and I find them blasphemous
>>
File: gene-scott2.jpg (30 KB, 399x319) Image search: [Google]
gene-scott2.jpg
30 KB, 399x319
>>72490389
There's some monsters out there but I don't want to reject the idea entirely. When I was a kid I went to the Crystal Cathedral once and it was pretty okay. Dr. Gene Scott's University Cathedral might have qualified as a megachurch, but his Festival of Faith broadcasts were top-tier.
These aren't much like the Copelands, or Joel Osteen, or Hillsong.
>>
the whole thing is against what Jesus wanted, hell the Catholic church is the modern version of the Jewish money changers in the Temple

>Jesus: you must be humble, you must walk amongst the poor and the lepers, do not be greedy, for it is harder for a rich person to go to heaven then a camel to go through the eye of a needle

>Pope, Bishops, and the Catholic church: WHATS THAT JESUS?! Dress in golden robes, with staves encrusted with diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire and garnet; have a city with Billions of dollars worth of treasures and run it like a fucking business? A-OK JESUS WE CAN DO THAT

>Jesus:... oh myself, they truly are retarde... i mean i love them but they aint coming here they are going to the other place
>>
>>72491852

A lot of those things were gifts, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 319x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 319x431
>>72490389
Fuck Jesus, fuck Pope, fuck Protestants, fuck Orthodoxs, fuck churches, fuck shackchurches, fuck megachurches. Move to desert, if you want to worship dead kike and preach abrahamic stories.
>>
File: 1455423204998.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1455423204998.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
>>72491008
>i never attended a megachurch so maybe there are pros to it I have not realized
its weird dude. i went to the vineyard in ohio a few times and it was strange. talking in tongues, trances. the service itself used a LOT of hypnotic techniques. weird shit with the huge sound system too. lots of bass waves and shit. they didnt have collection plates. they used big plastic buckets, the kind that have to have that little child drowning warning on them
>>
>>72490389
You mean those things that are like modern day cathedrals?
>>
>>72490389
Heresy.
>>
>>72491926
>gifts

glad to see the old Roman way of accepting "gifts" instead of bribes is still going strong in Italy

just like in the middle ages when the pope would abolish your sins for a "gift" of money

the whole fucking thing is corrupt as shit
>>
>>72490389
A way to extract cash from gullible Protestants
>>
>>72491984
t. Xazax
>>
File: 1460109548848.jpg (19 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
1460109548848.jpg
19 KB, 399x399
Religion is stupid. The one singular point preventing me from being a proper hardline conservative is the religious aspect. I'm not about to live my life pretending there's a sky man watching me take sticky shits and making sure I wipe properly.
>>
>>72490389
Dumb.

I went to one in Houston.
Half of mass was a faggy Christian Rock band playing music so loud that it hurt your ears.
Then they would take breaks to say empty inspirational stuff
And there would be no reference to the bible, or even a reading.
Then people broke for donuts and coffee
>>
Mega churches completely shit on Christianity.

The whole point of Christianity is to keep the faith alive within yourself and the community.

The idea of a consumer church is disgusting.
>>
Only good churches desu
>>
>>72491154

This.

The rest are post modern heretics.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.