[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Awaits Us At Type II?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fadsdsdfssd.jpg (751 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
fadsdsdfssd.jpg
751 KB, 1280x960
we're at .8 or someshit.

nothing known to science can destroy a type II civilization
>>
>>72489685
Battle for Type III.
>>
File: sad-spaceman-290x409[1].jpg (45 KB, 290x409) Image search: [Google]
sad-spaceman-290x409[1].jpg
45 KB, 290x409
>>72489756
>You will never fight on the surface of the dyson sphere in power armor for the glory of the Human Ascendancy.
>>
>>72489948
>You will never spend 200 years driving around trying to figure out where the enemy is and what command wants you to do on the surface of the dyson sphere
>You will never obtain immortality only to have it used on a cosmic tier of hurry up and wait unthinkable to modern man
>You will never come home after each deployment to find out that language, culture, fads, your friends and family, and technology have changed so completely that there is no reference point
>>
>>72489948
Dyson Sphere is type II. Battle for type III would be galaxywide conflict for supremacy.
>>
>>72490261
I liked The Forever War. Good one-time read.
>>
>>72490263
>Dyson Sphere is type II. Battle for type III would be galaxywide conflict for supremacy.

what would Trump XXI be like?
>>
michio kaku pls go
>>
>>72490399
>michio kaku
the only one to understand out of a crowd of 1000's
>>
>>72490374
Doesn't matter. We won't survive as a species. Leftards almost destroyed civilization of the west who was the one who would get us there. Instead leftards force us to pander to people that couldn't even invent a wheel to millenias despite having early start and sitting on a continent fuck rich with resources.
>>
Muh fractals
>>
>>72491059
Yea but the chinks are raping Africa and may carry on the torch. They will also clearly carry on some white genes.
>>
The jews and their armies of SJWs are hard at work day and night to destroy western civilization because it's oppressive or something and they hate whites. These people are viewed as the good guys

I don't think we'll ever make it to type II

>>
>>72489685
We will be able to harness the entire energy output of the sun.
>>
>>72489685

I'm skeptical of the overall premise of type xyz civilizations. Simply put, it ties top-down government to technological progress -- I find this to be completely improbable.
>>
>>72489948
>>72490261
>>72490263

Can someone tell me where these ideas come from? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>72492824
a guy named Dyson invented a concept of building a superstructure around a star that absorbs all its incoming energy, and the width of this structure would be about that of the solar system, it'd be stupidly, unbelievably massive.

the bit on it taking 200 years to do anything is just how I see it

>>72490374
I guess he'd want to build a wall around the solar system, a dyson sphere.
>>
>>72493989
Holy shit. Where does the concept of fighting on it for ages come in? Is it some galactic combat concept that's been premeditated, or ideas you guys are conjuring right now?
>>
>>72489685
I think the ultimate end game is being in some sort of vessel outside of space and time, that isn't decaying, powers itself, and gives you infinitely sustainable means to survive forever within it.

I bet there's beings out there from universes that folded in on themselves an unimaginable amount of time ago, just drifting through some sort of cosmic connective tissue. Perhaps they can observe universes in passing, maybe they sometimes enter them just to mess with some lower forms of life (or help them).
>>
>>72494855
>Where does the concept of fighting on it for ages come in?

From the fact that its -unbelievably- fucking huge. From this thread I gather that The Forever War may be relevant (I know nothing about it) and iirc BLAME! may be about a Dyson Sphere as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Dyson Sphere could, say, house a population of a similar size to the Imperium of Man, possibly with tons of room to spare.

The size and distance involved really can't be overstated.

I like Dyson Spheres for a number of reasons, but one is that it obtains a scale nearly unheard of in scifi while not requiring FTL, necessarily.

Whether its possible to make one, even if you disassembled the whole solar system, I don't know.
>>
>>72495368
The amount of materials needed to construct it would be unimaginable. We would have to harvest materials from thousands of solar systems, and even then, the energy required to do so would hardly pay off from harvesting our star.
>>
>>72489685
Scales are kind of grand to be used in a more preside manner of measurement. I came up 3 systems based on either:

Kardeshev Scale for Energy used
Barrow Scale for work generated
Sagan Scale for information aquired

i'll paste them in.
>>
>>72496575
KARDESHEV

TYPE PROCESS ENERGY CONSUMED
Type-0 ------------------------ Less than 1000 TW
Type-0a Mechanical >1 TW
Type-0b Combustion 1-2 TW
Type-0c Fission 3-100 TW
Type-0d Fusion 100-1000 TW
Type-1 ------------------------- 1000 TW - 10,000 TW
Type-1a Baryonic 1000-10,000 TW
Type-2 ------------------------- 10,000 TW - 10x10^21 TW
Type-1a Dysonian 10,000 TW - 10x10^14 TW
Type-1b Exotic Matter 10x10^14 TW - 0x10^21 TW
Type-3 ------------------------- More than 10x10^21 TW
>>
>>72496575
BARROW

TYPE WORK GENERATED
Type-0 elementary natural processes (fire), specialized toolmaking;
Type-I objects over the scale of themselves: building structures, mining, joining and breaking solids;
Type-II animal reproductive processes, internal biology and medicine, genetic selection and manipulation;
Type-III molecules and molecular bonds, creating new materials, manipulating states of matter;
Type-IV atomic manipulation, engineering on the atomic scale and creating artificial neural networks;
Type-V the atomic nucleus and engineering the nucleons that compose it; matter programming;
Type-VI the most elementary particles of matter, organized complexity among elementary particles, energy-matter conversion;
Type-Ω the basic structure of space and time.
>>
>>72496575
SAGAN

TYPE UNITS OF ORIGINAL INFO
A 1 million or less
B 10 million
C 100 million
D 1 billion
E 10 billion
F 100 billion
G 1 trillion
H 10^13
I 10^14
J 10^15
K 10^16
L 10^17
M 10^18
N 10^19
etc.
>>
>>72489685
>nothing known to science can destroy a type II civilization
so, how does a civilisation become immune to feminist ideology?
>>
>>72496783
turn gay
>>
>>72495368
>The Forever War may be relevant

It's a fantastic book but has nothing to do with Dyson Spheres. It's really about relativity + vietnam in space.
>>
File: type-2-diabetes.jpg (82 KB, 394x276) Image search: [Google]
type-2-diabetes.jpg
82 KB, 394x276
>>72489685
>>
>>72489685
Cause day n night,
The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night,
The lonely loner seems to free his mind at night
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.