[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the fact that one day you will die and your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
How do you cope with the fact that one day you will die and your memory will be erased?
How do you feel knowing that you spent your limited existence rambling about your hate for other people on an anonymous imageboard?
>>
Feels good man
>>
>>72461269

Pretty good desu.
One life is more than enough and I'm actually glad that it's all over one day.
>>
feels really fucking good man
>>
>>72461269
don't care at all, i'm not a 15 year old girl
>>
An after life is my biggest fear. I want to live a fulfilling life and finally have peace.
>>
>>72461269

Lol I came to that realization sometime around 6 years old. Crying, I walked to my mom and explained I didn't want to die and forget everything.

She didn't know what to say obviously. Basically just along for the ride now.

NEET, married, dick around all day, felon, planning on travelling in a few years after probation
>>
>>72461269
You're welcome.
>>
>>72461604
What did you do and how long?
>>
>>72461269
First one makes second one better.
>>
i want to die
>>
My memories are only valuable to me. If I die, who else would need them?
>>
File: BOOM.jpg (295 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
BOOM.jpg
295 KB, 620x412
YOU WILL NEVER FORGET ME
>>
Uncropped image?
>>
>>72461269
>How do you cope with the fact that one day you will die and your memory will be erased?

pic related
>>
>>72461269
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>72461841

Dindu nuffin' .Two more years.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (101 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
101 KB, 720x600
>>72461269

Open your heart to Christ.
>>
>>72461269
sauce on pic?
>>
File: image_0.png (303 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
303 KB, 500x500
>>72461269
>>
Start believing in fairy tales and imaginary friends so you never have to face that thought until you're dead and then it won't matter anyways! :^)
>>
i found jesus.
>>
>>72461269
Unless you've done something so extraordinary that people have taken notice, you're destined to be forgotten.

People you call friends will be over your passing in about a year, your family will of course cling longer. However your voice will fade from their memory, and as time goes on you'll just be that picture on a wall that sometimes gets a trickle of emotion out of someone around the holidays.

So yeah, screaming nigger on a Nicaraguan chia pet appreciation board is just as fine a way to spend time as any.
>>
>>72461269
I'm not a little bitch and 100% accept that I could die at any moment. Why worry about death when it slows down what you do in life, which is what counts? I never understood fear of death, it just seems childish. Everyone dies, so make your legacy in life and let that judge you as a person once you pass.
>>
File: 1446769438949.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
1446769438949.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>72461269
it feels pretty good
>>
File: entropy.jpg (453 KB, 1350x550) Image search: [Google]
entropy.jpg
453 KB, 1350x550
>daily reminder that this is the dreadful answer to all of life's biggest existential questions, it's the process that brought you into the universe and it's the process that will take you out of it, and our Grand Purpose is to restore balance to the universe by uniformly redistributing its heat.

>and the only way to refuse is literal suicide
>>
>>72463540
*tips fedora*
>>
>>72461269
By leaving non biodegradable items buried in random spots. I've buried 32 water bottles with my name etched and photos in them. I've painted oil paintings of my philosiphies on canvas wrapped in plastic wrap and so on. I May physically be gone but a hundred years from now a condo will be built and as they dig up the earth to lay a foundation they'll find by bottles and know I am
>>
>>72464696
You've spent your life burying time capsules in literal garbage and when/if it's ever excavated the man operating the loader will see it as literal garbage.
>>
>>72464696
That's pretty sad. And no, they won't know who you are just from your name and likeness. You should find Jesus.
>>
>>72461269
couldn't be soon enough
>>
>>72463942
>Why worry about death when it slows down what you do in life, which is what counts?

What do you mean, it's what counts? If you're not religious, it objectively doesn't matter.
>>
>>72465048
I found Jesus shooting up under the bridge near my house. Wouldn't recommend, he was a creep
>>
>>72461269

>How do you cope with the fact that one day you will die and your memory will be erased?

Don't really care tbqh. I'm more concerned about spending the intervening time alone

>How do you feel knowing that you spent your limited existence rambling about your hate for other people on an anonymous imageboard?

Entertained as fuck
>>
I know that feel, OP.

But I came to realize that existance itself is the answer. Life is a blessing.

Think about it. You can see with your eyes, hear with your ears, taste with your smouth, smell with nose, touch with hands and skin.

You can feel all sorts of feelings: joy, sorrow, happiness, love, hatred, anger and relief. My personal favorite feeling is nostalgia.

You can think and imagine, you have a vivid brain that questions its surrounding.

All of this, all of this I am describing, is proof of your existance. You are alive. You exist. A pen would never come to the same conclusion as me (or you). A pen does not have eyes, noses, ears, tongues or hands. It does not have a brain and therefore, it does not have a mind nor consciousness. A pen is not a sentient being. A pen is not aware of its own existance, a pen, from its own perspective, cannot exist because it cannot perceive. Unlike you, a wielder of empirical, emotional and logical thought, the pen is a completely unanimated object. Try and imagine how you would see the world from the perspective of a pen and a pen alone. Here's a better thought: try to imagine a just newborn baby. This baby has no touching, smelling, tasting, hearing or seeing. All his empirical senses were born disabled. Can he perceive the way in any way at all? Can he think? He would never feel anything, he'd be no better than a pen.

I believe we too are completely unanimated objects, in the end we're just atoms and cells, nothing else. All these things we might think that makes us special even in an individual level are nothing but illusions.

Being as straight to the point as I can, what I want to say is that you exist and you can experience all these things, either they make you happy or sad, you're a sentient being. In the moment of my death, I'll tell myself I lived life trough it all and experienced everything I did, and will be glad for doing so, simply because I'm a lump of atoms arranged as to form information.
>>
File: 1431878474963.jpg (261 KB, 1040x767) Image search: [Google]
1431878474963.jpg
261 KB, 1040x767
>>72461269
>>72461269
>one day you will die and your memory will be erased
Thank fucking Christ. Can't come soon enough.
>>
>>72461269
i'll feel vindicated after a shooting spree
>>
>>72461269

>Implying

I had the luck to be very aware of that. I nearly died one year ago, and since that day, I dont waste my time anymore.

The only way I found to escape from the fear of death is to Project yourself into something bigger and greater than yourself. That thing, for me, its Europa, what it represents for me, physically and spiritually. I am on a relatively good economic position too, so I use almost every second of my time on my projects.
>>
It doesn't concern me either way
>>
File: getaloadofthisgoy.jpg (22 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisgoy.jpg
22 KB, 183x200
>>72461269
>OY VEY YOU'RE GONNA DIE ONE DAY EARTH IS SO SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET MUSLIMS RAPE YOU ALREADY?

Why don't you ask the same question to Muslims? They're the ones literally stoning faggots to death and burning people alive.
>>
>>72461269
Get out atheist fag. Go find salvation through Jesus Christ
>>
>>72461269
Do you notice how your first question implies that everything is meaningless and that your second question implies that it is not?
>>
>>72461269

By realizing that everyone else does too, only some people make up a fantasy afterlife because reality is too harsh an ending for their sanity.

The only afterlife is one's legacy in this one. Anything else is a happy manipulative fantasy.
>>
>>72461269
In next 25-40 years death of age will become thing of the past
>>
>>72461269
I don't, when that day comes i will be too dead to give a shit
>>
>>72461269
Few of the hundreds of thousands killed during a war are remembered. You simply strive to be be the one that killed enough niggers, gutted enough treasonous liberals, that your name either gets recorded in the history books or the nightmares of your enemies.
>>
Does anybody here think Sam Hyde and Charles and Millenial Woes and Sargon of Akkad and Anita Sarkeesian and Stefan Molyneux come here to post videos about their own stuff here ??
>>
You can't prove that death is possible unless you've died yourself. Immortality will be invented this century and I'll see all of you in 2200 when I'm fucking my waifu in true VR.
>>
It justt really feels like they do that here, also That crazy marine guy, and Gavin McGuiness
>>
>>72461269
Pretty damn good since Im a neet and lived a very relaxing life with no stress about work.
>>
I never cared senpai. I only ever cared about experience. The moment your father planted a seed of life into your mother is also the day he planted a seed of death.

*peels banana*
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.