[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The idiots who are against minimum wage don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
The idiots who are against minimum wage don't understand basic math nor economics.
>>
But increased productivity doesn't mean a worker should get paid more. A dishwasher who used to was by hand is not more productive bc he puts dishes in an industrial sized dishwasher now. That doesn't warrant a pay increase. If anything it's a decrease.

Productivity is due to automation, not increased worker productivity. People are actually doing less than they used to. Additionally, bc of inflation, 7.25 actually has more buying power now that it did in 2009 when the minimum wage was 7.25
>>
>>72456414
>Not understanding real wages
>Not factoring non-monetary compensation into household income
>Charging others with economic illiteracy
Fuck off
>>
>>72457015

spbp

Thread over.
>>
>>72456823
>because of inflation 7.25 is worth more today than in 2009

that's literally not how inflation works
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 159x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 159x252
>>72456414
>implying I have poorfag worries
>wouldn't care if they paid these ape in rice

Survival of the fittest nigga.

>gas in my tank
>food on my table
>money in my pocket
>weed in my bowl

Fuck everything else
>>
that's because we didn't double the workforce by emancipating women and even more so through immigration.
>>
if im an idiot why do i make well over the minimum wage

checkmate poorfags
>>
File: 1341015683161.jpg (40 KB, 137x234) Image search: [Google]
1341015683161.jpg
40 KB, 137x234
>sources: Mother jones
>>
>>72458123
Even with that, the graph says household, I'm sure divorce rates and single motherhood have helped reduce household income since now there's less chance two people work in the household, simply because they're not in the same household anymore.
>>
Alex: What are productivity gains from automation?

I'll take idiot liberals for 500.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 384x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 384x578
>>72456414
>cramming women into the workforce
Muh feminism
>cramming niggers into government jobs
Muh make work affirmative programs
>cramming in unlimited illegals
Muh They're poor and it's sad

"Why are wages so low guise?"

OP you truly are a faggot.
>>
File: 32Toffshore-conservashits.png (113 KB, 796x377) Image search: [Google]
32Toffshore-conservashits.png
113 KB, 796x377
>>72456414
You have to understand that conservashits and Trumptards would rather see that money go to the top 1%. It's not like that money disappeared, it just got redistributed.

Here's where it went. Pic related.
>>
>>72456823
Inflation reduces buying power shit for brains
>>
>>72458727
THE FUCKING PART OF THE TREE THAT PHOTOSYNTHESIZES
>>
>>72456823
>Additionally, bc of inflation, 7.25 actually has more buying power now that it did in 2009 when the minimum wage was 7.25

How do you manage to dress yourself in the mornings
>>
>>72456414
LOL idiot.
>>
>>72457892
Unless you are ultra rich you are a poorfag ape to us.
>>
OKAY

here we go

IF THE COST OF LABOR IS MORE THAN THE COST OF THE PRODUCT IT PRODUCES, THAT JOB WILL GO AWAY OR GO AUTOMATED, AS A BUSINESS, YOU HAVE OTHER OBLIGATIONS TO UPHOLD AS WELL AS YOUR EMPLOYEES PAYCHECK

if you want a "living wage" then go get a fucking trade

however, what you ALSO NEED TO UNDERSTAND, if we elect trump, the wages will eventually go up

here is why, if you reduce outsourcing, and hire more americans, less money gets sent over seas, and more people are off welfare, more people are back to work, thus, more people have more money, and no companies are outsourcing, hiring more people, guess what that does, CREATES MORE JOBS, SO the wages will naturally go up to meet demand

the reason the wage is so fucking low, is because we have immigrants inflating the workforce and devaluing it, that shit needs to stop

artificially increasing the minimum wage which is what Bernie and HRC (in the detroit debate, she said she would support it) want to do, would kill jobs, even if a stepping up, it would kill jobs
>>
>>72456414
>wedding wages to productivity
See where you fucked up, faggot?
>>
>>72460128

in the 60's we had people making 1.25 an hour, in todays money that's 9.85 an hour, yes, if the min wage kept up with inflation it would be 12.83 an hour, not 21 like the OP claims

but, even then, liberal policies of the 70's and the recession of the early to mid 80's is what made it shit

that and unlimited immigration, and the general lack of border security, hasn't helped much, this is why the min wage is 7.25 an hour, or 9-10 in some states
>>
labour market is a market just as the market where the everything made is sold, it's the fucking same

Poeple are just deeply delusional about reality
>>
>>72456823

>should be paid more

subjective

which is where you race-to-the-bottom is showing

>>72457015

yeah, who cares how much standard of living falls, so long as they rich keep getting richer, faster
>>
>>72456414
You're not taking inflation, the costs of life (food, water, electricity,...), the average mortgage, etc. into account. This picture says absolutely nothing, and I'm not even talking about the accuracy of the figures (which can't actually be predicted with absolute certainty, they are, at best, estimates)
>>
>>72456414
Shiiiet nigger I just had a lesson about that and you are a fucking moron...

A minimum wage drives down the demand for labor (from the employers). On the top of that it put low skilled workers in a more precarious position and drives down the productivity. In fact, employees don't feel compelled to work more since their salaries are set in stone. Direct negociations between employees and employers are always a better option. It allows the price of labor to be at equilibrium and thus maximise the demand from employers. Also, let me point out that most Americans salaries aren't ajusted for inflation anymore. Fixing such a high minimum wage won't solve that problem. All it will do is drive even more people out of the work force.

Instead I would suggest that you follow Switzerland model and negociate wages at a local level instead of federal level.

Now explain to me why I doesn't understand economics...
>>
>office of Sen. Bernie Sanders

okay shill
>>
>>72456414
If we wouldn't have gotten off the gold standard the minimum wage would be 25 dollers
>>
>>72456823
>Additionally, bc of inflation, 7.25 actually has more buying power now that it did in 2009 when the minimum wage was 7.25

Tell me, how does it feel to be LITERALLY retarded?
>>
>>72460778
>in the 60's we had people making 1.25 an hour, in todays money that's 9.85 an hour, yes, if the min wage kept up with inflation it would be 12.83 an hour, not 21 like the OP claims
OP pic claims that minimal wage worker produces twice more goods or services per hour comparing to 60's.
>>
>>72456414

Ironic since economists almost universally reject the minimum wage.
>>
>>72463500
>Ironic since economists almost universally reject the minimum wage.
>universally
>wat is failure of the markets.
>>
>>72456414
The single most cherry picked number of the decade.

Your wage is dependant on your worth to society and how easily replaceable you are. Always has been and always will be
>>
>>72456414

Minimum wage was a mistake then and it'll be even more of a mistake now because of all the slave labor. Minimum wage was originally introduced to suppress the wage increases caused by banning child labor.
>>
>>72456414

> increased productivity

What is a computer?
What is the Internet?
>>
>>72456414
Your graphic actually looks about right. Your conclusion is lacking, however.

Inflation is what's killing us here. Minimum wage is a distraction. Minimum wage either 1) is set low enough to have virtually no effect whatsoever (currently the case) or 2) causes unemployment.

The problem here is inflation, and that's caused my monetary policy and interest rates, and that's why the median household income is $38k less than it should be - that $38k is being siphoned into the pockets of Goldman Sachs and the like.
>>
>>72456414
Unfortunately for you technology has replaced a hell of a lot of labor since Ninteen Sixty Fucking Eight and replacing labor with mechanization doesnt actually increase the value of the product to match.
>>
>>72456414
Why would you expect an increase in GDP to be dispersed evenly across the populace?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.