[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: hitch1.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
hitch1.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
What does /pol/ think of Christopher Hitchens?

He hated religion but loved America
>>
Wannabe half-talent with good Oratory skills. Also a neocon hack
>>
Based af

Great debater. Was fun to listen to. Stood up to Clintons and Islam.
>>
It's good to have people like him and his brother which represent an opposition to the norm, no matter what the norm is.

However he needed jesus.
>>
smashed the clintons, destroyed islam every day, advocated destroying our middle eastern enemies, rejected the arrogance of the other recent atheists and was a great man beyond a shadow of a doubt
>>
He was right about the left. He was redpilled when he saw what they did to Salman Rushdie.
>>
>>72440329
Better than just good imo, had so much readily available empirical knowledge and had great wit.
>>
he was wrong about Iraq War

other than that 9/10
>>
>>72440440
So you like his brother?
>>
>>72440495

This.

He was lefty as hell in his youth, got red pilled later when he saw thru the bs.
>>
>>72440579

Literally how

He knew it was mishandled in ways, but what we did in iraq was not only necessary but overdue for reasons of international agreements, national security and our most basic human integrity
>>
>>72440233
We lost a great soldier when the cancer took him

RIP
>>
>>72440698
Sometimes, it depends. He's a bit too British Traditionalist for me, culturally it doesn't mesh well.
>>
>>72440831
are you trolling me bro
>>
>>72440877
Peter is just too gloomy desu
>>
>>72440233
He didn't live long enough to see what a culture without religion becomes.

He died before everyone went full retard and feminists were sucking islam's patriarchal cock.
>>
>>72440698

They're both great people. I don't think very many people believe that peter was on christopher's level for obvious reasons, but they're both honest and supporting of freedom and our better western ideals

>>72440892
Not even slightly.
>>
>>72440877

I think if you were britih you would probably like him more as you would feel more of a connnection to what he is talking about
>>
>>72440233
Brilliant guy. Hilarious and addictive writer.

I have come to think that he was a huge fool about Islam. He advocated for "humanitarian intervention" style wars against Muslim jihad groups and for intervention in regions where jihad was being waged.

He was wrong.

The correct strategy against Islam is to simply cutt of all foreign aid, all industrial trade - no steel, no iron, no concrete, no electronics etc - and coldly welcome the self-destruction of Muslim states and peoples.

The correct strategy is to simply cut off Muslims from the largesse of the global economy and foreign aid.

Deprived of this windfall, Muslim economies will go into freefall, and Muslims will slaughter one another.

Slaughter which we can watch, not with horror, but with grim satisfaction, secure in the knowledge that wars waged by Muslims have no natural end.
>>
>>72440941

He is but that is because of what he has lived through but I think he is still really informative to listen to
>>
>>72440233
He loved his leftwing idea of America. He didn't love the real America.
>>
Smart guy.

Argued points for the sake of argument.

Would have made a great prosecutor for the CPS
>>
>>72440982
then you know very little about the subject

>what we did in iraq was not only necessary but overdue for reasons of international agreements, national security and our most basic human integrity

America breaks international law all the time

your national security is better now? lol

human integrity involves turning iraq into a bloodbath run by jihadists?

overthrowing saddam had predictably terrible results because the idea of transplanting democracy on a post saddam Iraq was retarded and made no sense (and still makes no sense)

iraq war 2 is indefensible from any perspective, except maybe if you are a kurdish nationalist
>>
>>72440233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEcBzxoMB8
>>
He was a Trotskyist that became a globalist neocon, like literally all other neocons.
>>
File: 1460670456867.jpg (40 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1460670456867.jpg
40 KB, 604x453
>>72440233
He had some very backwards ideas about religion. His ideas had no substance beyond "religion is evil because i said so, look at how funny i am".
Used to love him, but then I stopped being a teenager.
>>
>>72441284
Plenty of smart people have dumb opinions on things they didn't properly research.

It's actually interesting as you see people do stuff like this.
>>
>>72440233
Neocon ex-Communist globalist scum. Glad he is dead.
>>
A good public speaker and a charismatic guy, but nowhere near as intelligent or original as most people give him credit.
>>
>>72441490
>>72441344
>>72441490
Check out this pair of shit gargling fudge nudgers, have you even read his books or listened to him speak?

you dont even know what the words you're using mean, git educated, then post.
>>
>>72440233
Probably the smuggest man to ever walk the earth
>>
>>72441803
I have read 3 of his books and I have watched dozens of his debates. He is a typical demagogue.
>>
>>72441825

he would do just fine in hell
>>
File: 1454753830333.jpg (26 KB, 215x365) Image search: [Google]
1454753830333.jpg
26 KB, 215x365
>>72441284

I'm sorry, I can't really explain at length why everything you think is, and I never say this, but it's a bunch of memes and convenient summaries

I just don't have the will right now

I'll go fast

Letting Saddam continue to harass our allies, pursue his deals to refill his supply of WMDs with north korea, continue not only his genocides but mass systematized torture of entire families, often against our supporters and allies, letting iraq grow as a harbour for international gangsters, letting any of his power grow in the shadows when he's shown himself ready and able to use WMDs (and able to acquire them) in the past, letting him allow the already seeded extremists to gather support unhindered and without complication, ignoring our agreed upon international standards to act against a hostile force any longer,

it would have been FAR worse to allow this, and we would have been far more hated internationally had we done nothing again.

And you're a god damn fool to call Iraq a bloodbath now as compared to saddam's rule
>>
File: 1377864345.jpg (69 KB, 1218x685) Image search: [Google]
1377864345.jpg
69 KB, 1218x685
>>72441825
You are thinking of the wrong dude...
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.