[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a liberal anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: what??.jpg (29 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
what??.jpg
29 KB, 800x534
Go right ahead, I'll be around for a couple of hours. inb4 "why haven't you killed yourself yet", "what's it like being a cuck" etc
>>
What core beliefs, as a liberal, do you try to live by on a daily basis? What do the policies you support create that will better Americas future?
>>
File: herman cain.gif (2 MB, 360x332) Image search: [Google]
herman cain.gif
2 MB, 360x332
>>72433155
I believe that society only works when we all look out for each other's best interest, especially the disenfranchised. Nationalism is inherently unjust, and furthermore, cooperative nations tend to do much better in the long run. I think the science on race is clear, to wit there is no meaningful distinction between the races as far as intellectual potential. I think that Islam is, like any religion, an incredibly malleable thing, and though there are passages in the Quran which advocate violence and tribalism Islam has the potential to be just as peaceful a religion as any other
>>
File: ape.jpg (194 KB, 634x854) Image search: [Google]
ape.jpg
194 KB, 634x854
>>72432335
What do you think about the following concepts:

>affirmative action for women and minorities
>guns should be illegal
>all individuals are equal
>all cultures are worth protecting

Do you support these notions?
>>
>>72432335
How high should we raise minimum wage?
>>
>>72432335
Do you beilive in "diversity"
If so
Have you lived in a majorodly black area ?
>>
>>72433835
Oh and please do elaborate on your views on gun control if you favor it, like how it should be done in practice.
>>
File: Limmy.gif (1 MB, 304x168) Image search: [Google]
Limmy.gif
1 MB, 304x168
>>72433626
>>72433155
Because of these core beliefs, I believe that America should be at the vanguard of international development on trade, climate policy, and science, and any step we take towards a Putin-styled regime is a terrible thing, both for America and for the world. I believe neoliberal capitalism is a good system with systemic flaws, and that as these flaws are becoming more apparent democratic societies must decide whether state intervention is necessary, and if so, what it should look like.

>>72433835
Affirmative action doesn't really work, from what I've seen. American minority communities face institutional and cultural issues which make them produce fewer talented people. I don't know how to improve minority communities, however.
>>
>>72434195
>American minority communities face institutional and cultural issues which make them produce fewer talented people.

I give it 3 weeks before you're redpilled
>>
>>72434195
> American minority communities face institutional and cultural issues which make them produce fewer talented people.
Ok.
How do you feel about e.g. South Africa, where Blacks are most definitely not victims of any sort of institutional discrimination, yet they are still only rarely successful in education or careers?
How would you explain this?
>>
>>72432335
>why haven't you killed yourself yet
>what's it like being a cuck
valid questions that need to be answered
>>
>>72434195

>Affirmative action doesn't really work, from what I've seen. American minority communities face institutional and cultural issues which make them produce fewer talented people. I don't know how to improve minority communities, however.

lel

This is how it starts, enjoy the trip down the rabbit hole.
>>
Do you think that people besides yourself should be able to make their own decisions?
>>
>>72432335
You seem articulate at least, OP.

How did you arrive at your beliefs?

Also how would you define "liberal"?
>>
>>72433907
It doesn't make sense to have a national minimum wage; if housing costs are higher in some areas than others, the minimum wage should be higher there. Also, something similar to an Earned Income Tax Credit should come into play to prevent businesses from simply not being able to hire as many workers.

>>72434034
I believe in conversation and independence from one's own culture, but I acknowledge that some cultural practices are better than others. "diversity" is a meaningless buzzword. Yes, I grew up in a predominantly white neighborhood, and am myself white.

>>72434369
The institutional discrimination of the past often has ramifications for the present, whether it be making the discriminated-against population ignorant, unhealthy, or vindictive. HIV/AIDS has disproportionately affected black Soth Africans, and the majority of black South Africans were much poorer than their white counterparts at the end of the apartheid.
>>
>>72432335

I only have a couple questions

why haven't you killed yourself yet and what's it like being a cuck?

Thanks
>>
>>72434657
Ok.
Let's disect this.

>The institutional discrimination of the past often has ramifications for the present,
Would you say the discrimination against blacks in South Africa in the past is worse for blacks today than the discrimination against (statistically more successful) whites in South Africa is right now?

>HIV/AIDS has disproportionately affected black Soth Africans,
How do you explain this? Why does HIV spread much more aggressively in South Africa than, e.g., EU states?

>and the majority of black South Africans were much poorer than their white counterparts at the end of the apartheid.
This was not different BEFORE apartheid either. How do you explain that?
>>
File: forever until.jpg (271 KB, 936x784) Image search: [Google]
forever until.jpg
271 KB, 936x784
>>72434639
Thanks. I grew up in a conservative town, and I hated it. Which isn't to say that I don't hate "YAS QUEEN"-style liberalism too, it's just that I know that both sides have their foibles when they dominate the dialogue.

>>72434759>>72434372
(You)

>>72433835
>>72434063
On gun control: American gun culture is complicated, but it's clear to me that it results in thousands of needless deaths a year. However, I don't know how to change it; I fear militia-style Christian terrorism would take place if we were to simply ban all guns.

On equality: all individuals matter to the same degree, e.g. a person with Down Syndrome deserves to be happy just as much as anyone else. This also extends across cultures, e.g. I don't think a Chinese person matters less than an American.

I don't think all cultures are worth protecting-- some components of most cultures, including my own, are simply ridiculous.
>>
Why don't you understand that life is a single player game, and unless you play for yourself and your team, you won't get shit from it. Do you play multiplayer vidya gaems by feeding the enemy team?
>>
>>72435216
Hold the fort.
>Christian terrorism
By which logic/facts do you associate unlawful armed militias with Christianity?
>>
File: Costanza.gif (4 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.gif
4 MB, 380x285
>>72435330
I have a brother with a significant mental illness. If it weren't for the love and care my family has extended to him, he would be miserable. I had to earn what I've gotten in life, but now that I've made it I want to help those who might not have the luxury to make it on their own.

>>72435406
An unlawful armed militia is one thing. I mean acts of violence explicitly intended to make people scared, like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Springs_Planned_Parenthood_shooting
>>
File: 1461902423000.png (719 KB, 524x1528) Image search: [Google]
1461902423000.png
719 KB, 524x1528
>>72432335
Why are most liberals surprised when a certain group doesn't vote in the "correct" way? How do they feel about Mexicans and other minorities who vote for Trump?
>>
>>72435216
You partly answered my question, OP. I get that being a contrarian when surrounded by one particular ideology is fun and edgy, but how would you define "liberal"?
>>
>>72435633
>An unlawful armed militia is one thing. I mean acts of violence explicitly intended to make people scared, like
We'll discuss this gunman afterwards.
For now, please answer the question.
You associated unlawful armed militias (or, terrorists) with Christianity.

Please explain the logic/facts by which you just did this.
>>
>>72432335
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
What's it like being a cuck?
I already know, I used to be liberal until I realized I was just a delusional child.
Those were good times though
>>
>>72432335
Opinion on Muslims and Muslim immigration. This is the ultimate liberal test, depending on your answer I will have free reign to call you a cuck and tell you to kill yourself.
>>
>>72435640
I can't speak for most liberals. What I do know is that Trump is a pandering jackass demagogue. It's like when your friend hits it off with a douchebag, your reaction is "really? you like this guy?"

>>72435882
There have been a few Christian terrorist incidences in the US, and obviously the LRA in Africa. Just as Islamic terror wasn't an issue until the right geopolitical forces (fundamentalists in Iran, Wahhabism taking root amongst powerful Saudis) made it one, there is a chance Christianity could see terror becoming an issue. Is it as likely as it was with Islam? No. But most fundamentalist Christian Americans wouldn't let the government take their guns without some resistance.
>>
>>72436245
You're dodging my question and restating the claim.

There's no doubt that there are acts of violence and terror, sometimes even organized, in the name of Christianity.

What I am asking you though is why you associate the forming of unlawful armed militias (in the case of a blanket ban on guns) with Christianity.
You said it again here:
> But most fundamentalist Christian Americans wouldn't let the government take their guns without some resistance.
By which logic do you associate Christianity with Americans who would put up physical resistance in the form of unlawful armed militias if such a thing was done?

Or, to rephrase it: What makes an atheist gun enthusiast less likely to engage in such an activity than a Christian gun enthusiast? And as you answer this, keep in mind that correlation =! causation.
>>
>>72434657
I was asking because usually leftists who are pro diversity live in white gated communities usually and have never been in a 50% black or higher area

Was just curious if you were like this but clearly you have some common sense on ya
>>
File: smash the mf like button.jpg (63 KB, 540x359) Image search: [Google]
smash the mf like button.jpg
63 KB, 540x359
>>72436137
Islam is stupid as hell, and it makes people really nice in some ways but really jerky in others (treatment of women / homosexuals, education, etc). One thing that does makes Islam dangerous is the apostasy penalty. Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism (I haven't met many people with religions other than these and Islam), from what I've seen are the same, though generally with less restrictive policies. There are much fewer extremists in these religions, but I think the rise of Islamic extremism has a lot to do with geopolitics (Wahhabism, unstable government in Nigeria -> Boko Haram, fundamentalism in Iran) .
All in all, I think the world is slowly putting an end to extremist Islam.
>>
>>72432335
How old are you? At what age do you think you'll grow out of it?
>>
>>72436612
The fundamentalist Christian Americans I know believe the Constitution/Bill of Rights were literally divinely inspired, and thus any deviation from them is an act against God. You're right though, in that the pro-gun coalition in America is not strongly tied to religion; it's just that the fundamentalist Christians are the most dangerous w.r.t. guns.
>>
>>72432335
Why is it so hard to be consistent with your political views?

This is the most annoying part of liberals to me, I don't actually mind liberals and their views, politics needs competition as anything else. But the lack of consistency is hurting my brain.
>>
>>72434195
I encourage you to stay on /pol/ for a while freindo and look at the statistics other anons post

You seem like good person but
Blacks have a thuggy culture among them
You have black lawyers and doctors and some of their kids will fall into it for "acting white" as in their friends will tell them to stick To the thuggy nigger cultue

So in the end it can't be fixed but it can be solved with violence because it seems to be the only thing they understand
>>
>>72436849
>The fundamentalist Christian Americans I know believe the Constitution/Bill of Rights were literally divinely inspired, and thus any deviation from them is an act against God.
This is anecdotal and entirely irrelevant to the question I'm asking. You don't know enough fundamentalist Christian Americans to form a decent sample size, and if you do, I'd love to see the polls you've conducted.

>You're right though, in that the pro-gun coalition in America is not strongly tied to religion; it's just that the fundamentalist Christians are the most dangerous w.r.t. guns.
Again I have to ask you the same question. Why? By what logic or factual circumstance do you say that fundamentalist Christians are the most dangerous regarding guns?

And by the way not to pressure you but you've seemed to miss a previous post of mine: >>72435061
>>
>>72436980
Just realized how retarted that last lines sounded

Ment to say it can't be fixed but it can be treated
>>
File: Scaruffi.jpg (29 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
Scaruffi.jpg
29 KB, 550x366
>>72436792
I'm 22. I was a conservative until maybe 18. Funnily enough, visiting your country and seeing how miserable a place it was relative to my country (not to say America doesn't have flaws of it's own) went somewhere towards changing my mind.

>>72436866
The world is a complicated place. I think what I believe is mostly consistent, and that there are stupid hypocrisies in mainstream liberalism, but there are hypocrisies on the right as well.
>>
>>72436245
Neither one of those responses is an actual answer.

You are dodging every good question and taking on all of the softballs.
>>
>>72437085
Regulardless of religious purposes

Liberal freindo here needs to live in a 60% or higher black area for a while then hell see why he needs a gun
>>
>>72437176
This.
>>
>>72437283
>Liberal freindo here needs to live in a 60% or higher black area for a while then hell see why he needs a gun
You need a gun to stop your government taking away your rights
Everything else above that is an added bonus

>>72436245
>What I do know is that Trump is a pandering jackass demagogue.
On today episode of "How Many Buzzwords Can I Stick To THIS Guy?"
Give us a valid criticism of one of the policies youve seen us, or expect us to, agree with Trump on.
>>
How does it feel being an r type personality rather than a K type?
>>
>>72433626
>I believe that society only works when we all look out for each other's best interest,
Dropped. Enjoy your shitty thread and shitty ideology.
>>
>>72437085
It's a huge Liberal myth. There is high gun ownership among fundamentalists, but that has its own reasons. They've been persecuted a lot in usa history, oftentimes by the government. A lot of these churches came to be during the Great Awakening, which occurred during our expansion westward. The pioneer culture is big in these groups.

But they aren't particularly violent, hell I'm willing to bet their violence per capita is probably lower than Asians if there was a statistic.

Worst thing they do is protest outside of abortion clinics. Notice though how the typical Liberal cries salty bitch tears about Native/Black injustice, but doesn't give a fuck about the Mormons.
>>
>>72432335
also what is your opinion on the nation state, secure borders, and racial and cultural homogeneity?
>>
What does it feel like to objectively and scientifically be not only a subhuman, but weaker physically and mentally than your conservative counterparts?
>>
>>72433626

>society works best when we all look out for each other's best interest

Why can't the individual look out for himself?

Statist
>>
>>72432335
"why haven't you killed yourself yet", "what's it like being a cuck" etc
>>
File: seinfeldgif_1.gif (492 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
seinfeldgif_1.gif
492 KB, 400x226
These are my last responses, I have to go. Really, it's been a pleasure. Most of y'all have been cordial and interesting.

>>72437176
>>72437085
>>72437814
The studies I've seen [1] have linked evangelism to opposition to gun control. Also, the states with the highest rates of firearm deaths per capita seem to be the states with the highest proportions of evangelicals [2][3]. I'm willing to see other evidence though.

Also, I mentioned this before >>72437814, but a fundamentalist Christian recently commit a mass shooting at a Planned Parenthood.

>>72435061
Ok, South Africa... It's very interesting there, though I really don't know much about it. As far as HIV, my guess is that blacks have sex mostly with blacks, and whites have sex mostly with whites; furthermore, due to poverty and local customs, blacks are more likely to have unprotected sex. As far as economic success, my guess is that this is a case of cyclical poverty. A part of it is that blacks have less opportunity to find independent economic stability, but I think you might be right in that a part of it is that blacks don't develop the right cultural practices... Of course, even this has to do with cyclical poverty.

>>72436980
>>72437144
I really don't tolerate calling something a 'nigger culture'. We can agree a lot of black American culture is messed up, but the slurs don't get us anywhere.

>>72437607
I don't know which Trump policies you guys support or reject. Banning Muslims from entering the country is insane.

>>72438007
I value independence. But I also know that some of the best things to arise from society (science, art, medicine) are only possible through cooperation.

Sources:
[1]
http://publicreligion.org/research/2013/01/january-2013-tracking-poll/
[2] http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/firearms-death-rate-per-100000/
[3] http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/
>>
>>72438426
>Banning Muslims from entering the country is insane.
Why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
his source is stated at the start of the video

also http://pastebin.com/iAF5kqpX
>>
>>72432335

Would you let me fuck your wife to make up for slavery?

t. black person
>>
>>72438426
>Also, the states with the highest rates of firearm deaths per capita seem to be the states with the highest proportions of evangelicals [2][3]
Correlation =! causation as stated earlier. I'm sure you'll find it correlates with black population even more.

>The studies I've seen [1] have linked evangelism to opposition to gun control.
This is irrelevant to the question I've asked.
You've associated them not to opposition to gun control, but to violent unlawful armed militias that ACT in opposition to gun control.
What makes the Christians that oppose gun controls more likely to get violent about it than non-Christians?

As for the Africa argument:
> furthermore, due to poverty and local customs, blacks are more likely to have unprotected sex.
So you're saying that they have more unprotected sex because they're black?
Isn't that racist?

>cyclical poverty.
Where did the cyclical poverty start out? Colonization and oppression of the black natives?

How do you explain that poverty is an Africa-wide staple, despite many African countries having never been meddled with by outside forces significantly?
>>
>>72436695
Islam has at least 109 verses calling for war with non-believers in its primary text, which is believed to be the literal word of god. It has acted on this since its inception and destroyed civilisations across the Middle East and Africa in pursuit of this. The other "jerky" bits you mentioned are also part of that main text. I think it's callous to say these beliefs are comparable to those of other religions. Don't be so quick to lump it all together because unlike the other major religions, Islam's extreme beliefs are in its centre, not its fringe. Also, please consider your own tolerant views come from "universal truths" that are rooted in Christian beliefs and Christianity, so don't be so dismissive of it either.

All that said, at least you notice a problem, even if you mistakenly excuse it. Your girlfriend only blows other guys and you should only harm yourself in a minor way.
>>
>>72438426
Those aren't stats for firearm murders. One cherry picked dude shooting an abortion clinic should not incite fear of mass armed militias coming into your suburbs and shooting you while throwing bibles around. You've been conditioned to think that way.

Muslims r fine tho
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.