[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The world is self-destructing. The people in it are self-destructive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 206040205.jpg (25 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
206040205.jpg
25 KB, 312x500
The world is self-destructing. The people in it are self-destructive too and don't care what is right or really want to make things better.

What do?
>>
File: 2003-2004_Honda_Accord_LX_sedan.jpg (198 KB, 2056x1232) Image search: [Google]
2003-2004_Honda_Accord_LX_sedan.jpg
198 KB, 2056x1232
>>72410798
isn't it obvious? nothing. you just said you didnt want to do anything, so don't do anything. however, you are becoming one of the self-destructive people if you act this way
>>
>>72410849
I should have said that too many people are self-destructive and don't care. Not everyone. Of course many people on this board do care. But it's not nearly enough.
>>
What do pol? It is a very important question.
>>
Ragnarok, baby.
>>
>>72410849
>existential post with a random honda
You ran out of dank memes and shoops, anon?
>>
>>72411913
>Ragnarok

Myths like that were made up to cope with the fact that really nothing much happens. Now we know better and don't even have the benefit of believing in that kind of fiction to comfort us.
>>
>>72410798
rebel. make your existence a continious act of rebellion, not only against the establishment or the government or society but against yourself. The acknowledgement of the absurd inherent to human existence calls for ethical responsibilities because when you realise about said absurd condition you become utterly free. This is a moment to be upright about things you dislike around you, denounce the evils and idiocies of western society.

see: Albert Camus. Guy really nailed it
>>
Enjoy the ride.
>>
>>72413561
>evils
ah there is that word again.how do you measure evil? in what unit ?
>>
>>72413718
let's just call it "harm" for simplicity's sake. That debate's been going for fucking centuries it's pretty pointless to start it here
>>
File: 1457693326350.gif (509 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457693326350.gif
509 KB, 500x375
>>72410798
Hey, its Turkey's favorite book.
>>
>>72413823
or you could just admit that believing the west is evil is a leftist believe aka white guilt. Sure the west killed millions of people but it also invented wonders and saved billions. If you want to make an omelet you have to break some eggs.
>>
That's my fav Kafka story
>>
>don't care what is right
There is no "right". What truly is right that we return to our natural stance with no technology, the kind of world where we kill each other to survive. As species we really don't have any other purpose.
>>
>>72413979
I believe western society is great in the whole sense of the word my friend. What I'm trying to say is that there are things that are leading us astray in the contemporary thought, be it frivolity, indifference, or moral decay in the general sense. It's been a difficult transition from religious based morals to philosophical based ones (ex. ethics) but I think we will ultimately get there. It's up to people that have awareness (you and me).

I admire classical western culture and am a reader of philosophy so yeah, I love the West.
>>
>>72414212
>It's been a difficult transition from religious based morals to philosophical based ones (ex. ethics) but I think we will ultimately get there.
i agree but how can we make the transition? all i see is that the lack of religion lead to moral decay, abortions etc. I'm an atheist but maybe regardless of all its flaws religion has it's uses.
>>
>>72410798

>wanting things to get better

That was the hardest truth for me to swallow as a optimistic dreamer.

>people dont give a shit about anyone or anything
>people just want status and wealth
>people just want to get wasted and fuck

Go the way of the recluse m8. Worked for me.
>>
>>72414472
The transition is already taking place. Most countries and societies in the west are free of religious dogma by now and are completely secular. This has left a void in matters of how people should behave intra and interpersonally, because like religious dogma, religious morals had no ground for discussion, reason or transformations of any kind.
That's what I said earlier about why ethics (and philosophy) are more relevant now than ever. The void left by secularization can be filled. We just need to listen to the thinkers, the authors, the free. It's just there waiting to be learned (and adjusted of course to the contemporary human conditions). You can even get your knowledge through the internet.
One must find what one feels most identified with in matters of thought. There is a lot to be learned my friend.
>>
File: redpill.png (80 KB, 256x252) Image search: [Google]
redpill.png
80 KB, 256x252
>>72414057

Reminder that to Jews it's a comedy about goyim so infected with the Jewish hate of Christianity that they become repulsive insects who willingly just die of guilt and self-loathing.
>>
>>72410798
Why do you post Metamorphosis? It has no relation to your topic.
>>
>>72415002
There have been people that could get past that religious/racial/ideological bias and just write and create out of love for life and beauty. Kafka was one of them, the greats. You're just an uneducated american faggot.
>>
>>72414529
not to be offensive but its sounds like u got hurt and i do agree with you on your points that most ppl are self centered. but there are ppl who think just like you and you have to work with them.
>>
>>72415145
Kafka actually wrote a lot which had allegories to religion and ideologies. Unlike the many other modernist writers he just did it really good.
>>
Also, I can't find any thread to dump this in, so I'm dumping it here now-

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/efter-voldsomme-sammenstoed-klagemyndighed-efterforsker-politiaktion-paa-christiania#!/

Cop raid punk nest in Denmark.
Watch how he charges him in the beginning, it's gold.
>>
>>72415231
What I meant was that he wrote art, not propaganda. I understand Kafka quite well
>>
>>72415145
Some claims that "Der Prozess" was inspired by a trialed jew which Kafka believed was innocent.

I'm not saying that was the point of the story, obviously the story has a lot more layers than that, but I don't think it's a coincidence.

The Penal Colony have been regarded as depitching an allegory of religion by some analysists - I don't know which and I'm too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>72415340
Oh, okay. Sorry then. I of course can agree with that statement.
>>
>>72410798

Save yourself and save those who are willing to be saved.

Let the rest burn.
>>
>>72410798
great book
also
there is nothing you can do to save the world, it's essentially out of your control. the most you can do is make your own life and the lives of those around you the best it can be (See stoic philosophy)
>>
>>72415481
Oh right, this was what the thread was about.

This. Turkey delivers the only true answer.
>>
>>72410798

WATCH IT DIE
>>
>>72415481
>>72415518
Can't help to connect this to a metaphoric manifestation about the arc of Noah - except this time we're not flooded with water but Syrians.
>>
>the world is self-destructing

conservacucks have been saying this literally forever. when are any of you going to realize the world is leaving you behind and you're just too stubborn to admit it or adapt to it?
>>
>>72415340
Also. Next month I'm doing an exam assignment on "Der Prozess" and my angle is reading Josef K as guilty and too self-rightious to understand that he's a criminal who deserves to be punished.
>>
>>72415620
i don't think the Syrians in itself are bad it's just that they aren't integrated enough.
>>
Nihilism is defeatism, you should always fight for a better life.
>>
KAFKA is the true red pill
>>
>>72415664
OP's simplification of the world situation was retarded - I'm happy to see that you sunk to responding to it with a post just as retarded.
>>
>>72415740
he shares the trait of the great: His work is inmense in itself that leaves for enough interpretation according to each. Being a latin american fellow, I was once deeply into Jorge Luis Borges and read his interpretation of Kafka. Camus also did that in "Myth of Sisiyphus". You should look those two up, they put up some interesting stuff :)
>>
>>72415765
Syrians are not bad. No humans are "bad" or "evil" for that matter. Each society have their justification within their national borders. However, a clash will occur. No society can bear a flux of a foreign society with an amount beyond 2%.

TL;DR they can't be integrated because social psychology wont allow it.
>>
>>72415906
You know what, I'm going to do that. Thanks my friend. :-)
>>
>>72415907
i think the problem is more complex, in short :
society doesn't pressure integration->immigration don't feel the need-->children grow up without a moral compass-->they radicalize
>>
>>72416082
Shit I have to go. I'm sorry I couldn't stay to dig deeper in this issue.
But I'm sure some stormfag will come along in a minute or so and call you names.

Once again, I'm sorry. Hope to catch you on here another day. :-)
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.