[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16
File: jesus_holding_earth_world2.jpg (24 KB, 336x381) Image search: [Google]
jesus_holding_earth_world2.jpg
24 KB, 336x381
How did the world come to be?
>>
It's literally in the first sentence of the bible
>>
>>72405086
http://www.space.com/19175-how-was-earth-formed.html
>>
>>72405457

creating light 3 days before making the sun?

gg
>>
>>72405086
Uncle Tony said it fell off the back of a truck. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
>>
>>72405086
The earth was created by a NEET.
>>
>>72405086
Matter can't be created or destroyed. It's always existed.

The laws of nature molded everything, resulting in stars, planets, comets, etc...

>in b4 what created the laws of nature

The laws of nature have always existed. Hence, they're called the laws of nature.

2+2 will always equal 4, just like the laws of nature will always be in place.
>>
>>72405986
>still believing light comes from the sun
how can you possibly be THIS bluepilled
>>
God gave up his right to live and brought everyone and everything to existence thus creating our theology of the big bang
>>
I've heard a lot about Quantum fluctuations and how they are the catalyst of the big bang. Is this the destroyer of creationism?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>>72405086
>>
>>72406180
OK but explain consciousness.
>>
>>72406180
All of that is wrong.

None of those things existed before time.
The only thing which existed before time is God.

Bound to no thing, but all things are bound to Him.
>>
>>72406667
No. Creationism can't be disproven by any demonstration nor proven by any.

What remains is that the Earth did not always existed. It was created, the manner of how is where the debate lies.
>>
File: 1459989232254.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459989232254.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>72405086
Fuck anon. Are you really asking /pol to explain the whole of astrophysics knowledge to you?
>>
>>72405086
We all originated from AFRICA. That's a confirmed fact
>>
Branes of pure energy collided and transformed into matter.

The rest is gravity.
>>
>>72405086
Magnets
>>
inb4 a creationist arrives and asks for solid incontrovertible evidence for evolution, and doesn't get any
>>
File: yuuko.jpg (484 KB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
yuuko.jpg
484 KB, 700x950
>>72407557
Is that a fact?
>>
>>72407557
It's not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1341973/Did-humans-come-Middle-East-Africa-Scientists-forced-write-evolution-modern-man.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/8227204/Did-the-first-humans-come-out-of-Middle-East.html
>>
>>72405086
God willed the universe into existence.

God then left everything on auto-play and watched in excitement as galaxies, solar systems, and planets formed while primitive creatures evolved into smarter ones.

I'd do the same shit if I could, honestly. Just watch life develop out of nothing.
>>
File: 1443383892852.jpg (17 KB, 193x243) Image search: [Google]
1443383892852.jpg
17 KB, 193x243
>>72405457
>>72408343
>Having a belief in something with no evidence
>Thinking higher powers other than the eldritch Great Ones exist

wew
>>
>>72408546
The Universe is the evidence. That and everything in it. The laws that bind it.
>>
File: Nucleosynthesis.jpg (58 KB, 504x251) Image search: [Google]
Nucleosynthesis.jpg
58 KB, 504x251
>>72405086

Hydrogen atoms given billions of years to interact with each other under gravity and the standard model of forces
>>
>>72408546
There is evidence it's called the bible
>>
I started a new game. Btw I'm continuing without saving ;)
>>
>>72408769
The universe is evidence that there is indeed, a universe. It is nothing more than that.
You can try and slap your <insert higher power here> on top of that, but the universe is still not evidence of such a power.
>>
>>72407274
gosh above clearly
>>
>>72408769
Please explain how the universe existing is evidence of a God.

>>72408816
A collection of letters and desert myths from thousands of years ago isn't evidence of a God. If you insist that it is, please explain how.
>>
>>72408953
Nothing can create itself.

>>72409077
>>
>>72409077
It's evidence because everything in the bible actually happened, you're alive now aren't you?
>>
>>72405086
Bees
>>
Oh, and dudes, the Christian God isn't real and he was created to make white people complacent so they can be obliterated. A creator, on the other hand, well, who knows?
>>
>>72409077
>god soared over darkness
>said let there be light
big bang
>creation myth
formation of earth, formation of atmosphere, formation of plants, formation of fish and birds, formation of ground dwelling animals like lizards and mammals, formation of humans, and it was good.

the way the creation myth is ordered directly correlates to evolution
>>
>>72409194
See>>72405986

>"Intelligent"
>"design"
More like failed science class
>>
Anyone answering this question from the position of knowing is indulging in pure speculation. It's the mind trying to claim existence; the tiniest droplet of water trying to claim the all oceans..."and THAT'S how it happened"...okay, then before closing the book on the universe, please tell me, who are you? What makes you an individual being? A much smaller question to answer, for sure...

Each of us has the same organic parts and inherent sense of self, and yet when asked to give a specific as to what separates you from me with total certainty...we can't even do that. Your name? I have one too. Both given at birth. Your body? I have one too; our organs are the same, as human beings. Emotional experiences? Well, that belongs to the brain and we share that too, as human beings. There is nothing wholly unique about you on this level--as sentient beings we all share the same perception, which is the exact opposite of what the ego wants to believe. NO but I am "me"; okay then prove you're "me" without overlapping with my "me" in any way or shape. Tell me something which you possess that is wholly unique, which nobody else has. Kind of hard without running into inconsistencies...

Given that, then why try to assert any higher truth? Instead, be like Socrates and surrender to a truth which can never be known: I know one thing; that I know nothing. The greatest truth is that truth cannot be asserted. You have to relax into life. Regardless of individual intelligence or willpower, existence unfolds in ways we will never grasp. Surrender and accept it, or go on chattering nonsense. Just don't confuse the two.
>>
File: 1447794743750.jpg (90 KB, 518x620) Image search: [Google]
1447794743750.jpg
90 KB, 518x620
>>72405086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUx_KC1bHQ

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=KJV
>>
>>72409121
The intricacies of the universe are so far beyond our comprehension, trying to explain its existence and origins within the boundaries of the human mind is futile.

You still haven't provided any evidence of a higher power, you've merely presented a theory. A theory you seem to heavily commit to, blind faith.
>>
>>72405086
"Do not the unbelievers see that the skies (space) and the earth (matter) were joined together (as one unit of creation) and we ripped them apart?" 21:30

"Then He took hold of the sky when it was smoke." 41:11

"The sun and the moon follow courses precisely computed" 55:5

"And the sky He raised and set the balance" 55:7

"and the sun and the moon, all travelling in orbits." 21:33

"…as if it were a brilliant star……..whose oil (fuel) is well lit, even no fire touches it." 24:35

"Blessed is He who made constellations in the sky and placed there in a lamp, and a moon giving light." 25:61

"It is He who made the sun to light up (the sky) and the moon that is lit." 10:5

"and the heavens we created with might (power) and we are expanding it." 51:47

"when stars lose their lustre" 77:8

The finite life of stars is also referred to:

"He has ordained the sun and the moon, each one runs (it's course) for an appointed time." 13:2

"When the sun is rounded (swelling like a ball), when the stars have collapsed" 81:1-2

"When the oceans boil over in a swell" 81:6

"the angels and the spirit ascend unto Him in a day, the measure of which was fifty thousand years." 70:4

"…a day relative to your God is equivalent to a thousand years of your count." 22:47

"…on a day, the measure of which was a thousand years of your count." 32:5

"Have you not seen how God has created seven skies (universes) one above the other?" 71:15

"… if you can penetrate through the zones of the skies and the earth, then penetrate, you will not do so without authority." 55:33

"And we have decorated the lowest heaven (universe) with lanterns (stars)." 41:12

Or you can believe the Earth is 5000 years old and is flat, your choice.
>>
>>72409316
Fingerprints are entirely unique to each individual.
>>
Can quantum fluctuations be disproved as the beginning of the "bang" in the big bang?
>>
>>72409424
"Yes, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers." 75:4
>>
>>72409121
>Nothing can create itself
Do you mean "nothing" as in "nothingness"? As in the state of nothingness "is" when there is a complete absence of "things"? Or do you mean that there isn't any thing that can come into existence from nonexistence?

Still, neither would be evidence of a God. The universe (or "our" universe) may be a link in a chain, an instance in a great cycle that repeats itself with every heat-death and Big Bang. We simply don't know.

>>72409130
My life is evidence that everything in the Bible happened? Elaborate.
>>
Time travel created itself into one giant loop but time is so infinite that it will never complete a lap around the loop
>>
>>72409527
The latter.

But it is. What you proposed would still lead us back to a beginning. The first time. It may not prove a creator, in certain senses, but it proves there is something beyond it.
>>
>>72409194
>the way the creation myth is ordered directly correlates to evolution

No it doesn't, because the creation myths make no reference to common ancestors. There was not simply always fish, birds, reptiles, etc. Each evolved along a distinct evolutionary path, but all are descended from the same common ancestors very early in life's history on earth.
>>
>>72409622
Time is not infinite. It has a beginning. Also an end.
>>
>>72405086
all me
>>
>>72409413
The Qu'ran does say that the Earth is flat.
>>
>>72409773
I know it doesn't. That was kinda the point.
>>
>>72409715
Only when and if the battery dies
>>
>>72405086
About 4.5 billion years ago, dust coalesced to form the sun, and the remaining dust coalesced to form Earth and the other planets a little bit later.
>>
>>72409702
>common ancestors

the story was given to people who were scientifically illiterate. the bible isnt going to explain shit like that its going to give a story that can be understood by the people of its time. people back then wouldnt understand "oh hey you evolved from a monkey"
>>
>>72405986

turn on a lamp son there you have light with no sun , being this stupid
>>
>>72409837
It will.
>>
>>72409684
If there is something beyond, we can't claim to know what it is, unless you know something I don't and are keeping that knowledge from me.

But, in the case that there IS something beyond, there is no evidence, let alone certainty, that the something is a god or higher being. We can only speculate until empirical tests give us something to work with.
>>
>>72405086
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>72409917
>the story was given to people who were scientifically illiterate

Wrong, the story was written by people who were scientifically illiterate.
>>
>>72407923

evolution says nothing about creationist , i can be a literal 6 day bible creationist and still believe in evolution
>>
>>72410043
The laws of nature and the Universe can be considered indicative of higher intelligence being a driving factor.

If the big bang itself happened milliseconds sooner or later it would have collapse in on itself or burned out very quickly.

Nothing would have been able to form.
>>
File: 1453185304496.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1453185304496.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>72407380
Who created god then?
Surely such a great being couldnt come from nothing?
If you believe human intelligence and the galaxy are too good to be random, then how do you explain god?

The truth is that no one fucking knows how the universe came to be, and it doesn't matter either, who the fuck cares?

There is no way to know, and neither will there ever be, lets just look forward instead.
>>
>>72410330
>The laws of nature and the Universe can be considered indicative of higher intelligence being a driving factor
But why? CAN be considered or is objectively considered?
>>
>>72410386
God is eternal.

There is a way to know. If God communicated it to us somehow. Which some people believe has happened.
>>
File: 1461846967102.jpg (164 KB, 1417x551) Image search: [Google]
1461846967102.jpg
164 KB, 1417x551
>>72410524
I could use that same argument to say that the universe is eternal.

There is absolutely no factually proven explanation for how the universe came to be. It is far beyond our comprehension, hence why people make up bogus fairy tales so they don't have to face the truth that they don't know shit.

Both the big bang and the god theory have not even close to enough evidence to be supported as factual. Time before any matter is something that is incomprehensible, and we should treat it as such.
>>
>>72410489
Can be. Obviously not objectively because objectivity relies on facts.

The facts are there are laws to govern the Universe and nature. From the most complex operations of physics and mathematics, to atomic structure and chemical reactions in chemistry.

All of these things operate in the way they do in accordance with their own nature. They operate in the way they were made to operate.

Laws come from law makers.
>>
>>72410752
No, you can't. Because we know the Universe is not eternal. It has a beginning.

Didn't read the rest of your post.
>>
>>72409194
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

heaven is big bang
>>
We don't know, and those who say they do are lying or deluded
>>
>>72407505
I think it can, if we create another small universe ourselves someday
>>
>>72410808
You misunderstand how laws in physics work.

There are no laws to govern the universe and nature, it operates how it damn well pleases.

Laws are humanities feeble attempt to put the universe in a way we can understand and work with.

The truth is that it's all random, laws are just descriptions of the things that have a semblance of predictability.

If the universe is governed by a set group of laws, then explain to me why numbers associated with radiation are always averages. Explain to me why the amount of tries it takes to smash together atoms into new ones is completely arbitrary?
>>
File: 0350 - IZjem74.jpg (552 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
0350 - IZjem74.jpg
552 KB, 1631x1571
>>72411052
and show how it can come about through quantum flucuations
>>
>>72409424
Every human body is unique to each individual. My liver is unique to me, as yours is to you. They are different in many ways, but we both share the bond of having one. My fingerprints are mine, yours are yours...and yet we both share the situation of having fingerprints..They unite us, not divide us. In order for you to really exist, I need absolute proof that this "I" doesn't overlap with my "I"...
>>
>>72409413
>computed

sure the quran uses this word a goatfucker used this word 1200 years ago
>>
>>72410827
And what beginning is that genius?

If you say god, i challenge you to prove it.
A book written by some lunatic from pre-medieval Israel is not something to be used as a factual source.

You god-believers are all the same.
Why do you feel the necessity to BELIEVE?
What happened before matter is hardly relevant.
>>
>>72410808
You're jumping to the conclusion that the natural laws operate the way they do because they were made to do so, when there is literally no evidence that they were made simply because they act. If they work in the absence of a higher power, why include a higher power into the mix? If the options are "this works this way and simply is, why we do not know... yet" or "God did it" why would you EVER choose the latter when you lack evidence?
>>
yahweh
>>
>>72405086
God did it.

Short. Sweet. And simple :).

Now please don't question it and obey his Lord's rules.
>>
>>72405086
someone farted
>>
>>72411093
No attempt to discern how things work is feeble. You wish to close the door without putting a foot in. The only way to refine something is by getting to something in the first place.

As to your questions I don't know about that.

If there are not laws and it is random why are specific conditions required for stars and planets to form? Why does gravity act in the ways it does? Why do chemicals operate and combine the way they do? Why does the sun rise in the east and set in the west? Why are we born and then we die? Why do things begin? Why do things end?
>>
>>72411180
Our souls.
>>
>>72411245
I would say it is completely relevant considering nothing would be here now if it wasn't for whatever that thing was.

The Universe began when the big bang happened.
>>
>>72409413
>"the angels and the spirit ascend unto Him in a day, the measure of which was fifty thousand years." 70:4
>"…a day relative to your God is equivalent to a thousand years of your count." 22:47
>"…on a day, the measure of which was a thousand years of your count." 32:5

>muslims are really so stupid why dont we steal some shit out of the bible

use some context retard

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

>one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
>>
>>72410137
so say what you posted is true.

what would you like?
>>
>>72411258
Because if they didn't act in the way they did nothing as we know it would be able to exist.

The laws operate in a way to allow things to operate the way they do, which makes life possible. They allow a purpose to be filled.
>>
>>72411361

not even a real pic
>>
>>72411052
>we

we is intelligent design , you fucked up there chad
>>
>>72405086
long ago before the last big bang but after the 13th big bang a being came to be that survived to the end and it imprinted itself on the fabric of reality to avoid death since mater was falling apart

after the next big bang it thought it would just go back but it couldnt but it could affect the position of things. it organized the universe in a similar way to how it was from its memory and plays god from beyond our perception. it lives in dimensions of space time we dont understand

but then again it didnt either until it was in them
>>
>>72408042
>ever citing dailymail or telegraph
even for fun, jesus christ desu
>>
>>72411644
And what made the big bang?
You retarded rhetoric is full of holes.
If want the origin so badly, but all you do is go further back. There is no bottom to hole you are going down.
>>
>>72411231
Do you want the Arabic word?
Do you understand the word computed and that it existed long before technology but that is irrelevant as it is an interpreted word which is simplified to make the word easy to understand for you.
>>
File: Screenshot_12.jpg (122 KB, 437x653) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_12.jpg
122 KB, 437x653
>>72412429

sure goatfucker belief what ever
>>
File: Screenshot_14.jpg (167 KB, 646x814) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.jpg
167 KB, 646x814
>>72412769

allah be praised if he only have done this in the thorah
>>
File: 1457068060530.jpg (62 KB, 729x960) Image search: [Google]
1457068060530.jpg
62 KB, 729x960
>>72405086
>>
>>72405086
DUDE

WEED
>>
>>72412341
Yes there is, God.
>>
>>72412769
I will alhamdulillah
>>
File: Screenshot_10.jpg (134 KB, 453x735) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.jpg
134 KB, 453x735
>>72413384

fuck offf achmet with your false prophet
>>
I've got a few minutes to kill so lets just try your theory shall we?

>>72413522
Who was the author of the Quran?
1) God
2) Satan/Devil
3) Man
>>
>>72411814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDwkDZ5dx-c

It is.
>>
>>72413279
And then we go back into the same circle:
Who created god?

There is no end to this circlejerk. We can't know what we cant observe. All we can do is theorize, so stop claiming that your fairytale is better than the other fairytales.

What you claim is basically the same as the muslims do, and they have the same amount of proof: one book. What makes you special?
>>
>>72405086
Orion nebula
>>
>>72411814
lol are you one of those people who thinks Hubble images are just CGI shops? How can you be so dense when you have the internet in front of you?
>>
>>72414694

if its black and white its not a real pic, if you get a picture of a girl and she photoshops it and in real life she looks like shit its also not a real picture. fact is space pictures are black and not what they photoshop off it
>>
>>72415262

no not at all i am just saying they are not real black and white and colored with photoshop
>>
>>72415412
So you're saying all black and white pictures are photoshopped? Are you retarded?
>>
>>72415469
he colors in Hubble images real?

There are no "natural color" cameras aboard the Hubble and never have been. The optical cameras on board have all been digital CCD cameras, which take images as grayscale pixels.

Sometimes the color is as natural as possible. However, the color given to the images is not just "artistic embellishment." The images are, indeed, downloaded as black and white, and color is added for a number of different reasons – for example, to show the dispersion detail of chemical elements and highlight features so subdued that the human eye cannot see them.

>no retard
>>
>>72409121
Except for "God" apparently.
>>
>>72405457
How do we know the bible is accurate?
>>
>>72415803

its the word of god
>>
>>72407557
There are not facts in science. There will be hundreds of years-worth of discoveries before we can say it's a "fact" and even then I'll call you a dumbass for thinking its a fact.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77 KB, 600x536
>2016

>Not knowing you are god

>Not knowing nihilism and solipsism are the only two OBJECTIVE viewpoints of this existence

step up your game 2bh
>>
>>72415803
>>72415897

nah just kidding we cant and should not know
>>
>>72409917
How come we can understand that today though?
>>
>>72410266
That would be some extremely fast evolution.
>>
>>72410330
>If the big bang itself happened milliseconds sooner or later it would have collapse in on itself or burned out very quickly.
But that didn't happen so something did form, what point are you trying to make exactly?
>>
>>72405086
idk nigger
>>
i dont know

anyone who claims they know is lying
>>
>>72410330
oku
>>
>>72405086
Piece Wise
>>
>>72410330
and you wouldnt be around to shitpost about it

Jesus Christ this """argument""" for the millionth time
>>
>>72416061

god can create a animal in a nanosecond or used evolution and did billlions of years in one second, he can do what ever he is god

>one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1vVnwHjfo
>>
>>72416594

lol musselman
>>
>>72416687
The debate is relevant regardless whom's side you take
>>
>>72416724

every debate you can find is about the universal constant , but he is a not that bad ,he only cant awnser why the lion eats the zebra
>>
>>72407712
...and dark energy.
>>
>>72410330
>If the big bang itself happened milliseconds sooner or later it would have collapse in on itself or burned out very quickly.

wut? this doesn't make any sense.

what does make sense is that if the proportion of dark energy in the universe was ever so slightly higher/lower the universe would have imploded immediately or expanded so fast that nothing like stars or plannets could form.

often cited as evidence of a multiverse.
>>
>>72416724

>whom's

What?
>>
>>72415682
+1 downvote
>>
>>72405086
Big bang and shiet.
>>
>>72414974
Why is it so hard to accept that your brain, that can barely understand the universe it lives in, couldn't possibly understand an entity that created all of this?
You really think that an external entity would be bound to these laws or our understanding?
>>
>>72418807
Sorry dutchbro, your English is probably far better than ours.
>>
>>72419200
Are you saying Holy Books are all frauds since they claim an understanding you say is impossible?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.