[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of the Bible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19
File: bible.png (1 MB, 2000x1946) Image search: [Google]
bible.png
1 MB, 2000x1946
What does /pol/ think of the Bible?
>>
Held up high by liars.
>>
King James Version
>>
Needs more references to Trump. Right now he's only in the book of Revelations
>>
/pol/ is dived on whether or not the bible is a redpill in book form or more jewish tricks.
>>
>>72398893
Should've stayed in the desert.
>>
>>72398893
There is a lot of wisdom in there.

I got saved again while incarcerated and when you ignore opinions(from the left and right) and just read the book for yourself, The teachings of jesus and pslams and proverbs are based as fuck,

They are more than that, they are undeniable truths and great values to instill in a man or woman.

Forget genesis and whether certain stories should be taken literally, hell the wisdom is more consuming than the stories anyway, it really speaks to me.

ive been slacking on my word and feeding into hedonism and relapsed on heroin but im still determined to quit.

think ill read the bible now actually. somehow i usually flip open to a passage that has a message for me.

God bless you all.
>>
Full of contradictions
>>
>>72398893
jewish legends which are inferior in craftsmanship and moral content to their greco-roman competition
>>
>>72398893

Not relevant what /pol/ thinks of the Bible.

The relevant question is, "What does the Bible think of /pol/?"

Sadly, not much.
>>
>>72398893
The single most redpilled work ever written and that ever will be written. Because it was inspired by the most redpilled being.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (1 MB, 3024x1998) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
1 MB, 3024x1998
>>72399189
I shouldn't giggle, but nice one mate.
>>
>>72399478
>when you ignore opinions(from the left and right) and just read the book for yourself, The teachings of jesus and pslams and proverbs are based as fuck

I noticed this too. Reading it years later on your own free of all the organized religion shit you have when you're younger is very different.

>>72399705

It seems mostly Jesus being pissed off at the Jews who ignore the word of God.
>>
File: non-repeating digits - Copy.png (2 KB, 188x214) Image search: [Google]
non-repeating digits - Copy.png
2 KB, 188x214
Despite its inaccuracies, I can respect it as a divinely-inspired holy book.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
best book ever written
>>
>>72400771
He doesn't believe that...
MAYBE second best book.
>>
>>72398893

>You should forgive others
>Nah, we're gonna slap a criminal record on them for the rest of their lives

>You should help others
>Nah, I'm gonna help myself

>You should turn the other cheek
>But they started it

>There is no difference between a Greek and a Jew for you are all brothers in Christ
>Except for niggers

>Give on to caesar what is caesar's
>Nah, I'd rather not pay taxes

>It is easier to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven
>Yeeah, but we're on Earth for a long time so I'd rather be and stay rich

>You should the holy day of sabbath
>I get a day off work? AMEN! See you next week!
>>
File: thumb.jpg (65 KB, 1126x650) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
65 KB, 1126x650
Best book of ancient Jewish fairy tales ever written
>>
>>72401056
Just because people are hypocrites doesn't mean the bible is wrong
>>
>>72399946
Amen brother

your summary is also a good one. The jews have always been fucking awful people with no easily corrupted constitutions...even according to their teachings.!
>>
File: thanksjesus.jpg (175 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
thanksjesus.jpg
175 KB, 1000x710
>>72401230
Agreed. There are so many other way better reasons it's wrong.
>>
>>72401535
If heaven is like that , I wouldn't even approach Jesus like that , he is the creator .. A entity of this magnitude is for one to kneel before.
>>
File: fedora1.jpg (188 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
fedora1.jpg
188 KB, 3000x1688
>>72401535
>>
>>72401230

True. But it means their cause / community is not worth joining.

So that just leaves a book with words and me and my judgments.
>>
>>72401535
Let's hear one. Maybe you will say something entertaining.
>>
File: They aren't ALL bad.png (33 KB, 664x459) Image search: [Google]
They aren't ALL bad.png
33 KB, 664x459
>>72398893
Jesus is the corner stone at the top. God is in control.
>>
File: QQGdpWH.gif (2 MB, 357x296) Image search: [Google]
QQGdpWH.gif
2 MB, 357x296
>>72399189
>>
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.'

1 Timothy 2:9-15
likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Titus 2:3-5
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
>>
>>72398893
I've only read the Song of Solomon

....for......research purposes.....
>>
>>72403534

1 Peter 3:1-7
In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

1 Corinthians 7:1-5
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
>>
>>72403641

1 Corinthians 11:1-16
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
>>
>>72403534
>>72403641
>>72403711
So are you quoting these positively or negatively?
>>
File: 1390229206425.jpg (33 KB, 295x293) Image search: [Google]
1390229206425.jpg
33 KB, 295x293
>>72403851

Are you retarded? How could that be construed to be bad?
>>
>>72403711
>For God is not a God of confusion
>>
Terrible writing, shit characters.
>>
>>72403711
Ezek 23:20
>>
File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (542 KB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
542 KB, 2800x2800
The bible is utter garbage for the dumbfuck masses

What does /pol/ think of the meditations?
>>
Jesus was black.
Draw your own conclusions.
>>
File: 1461728381621.png (443 KB, 769x791) Image search: [Google]
1461728381621.png
443 KB, 769x791
>>72398893
the new testament is all you'll ever need
>>
>>72406525
great matches bud
>>
>>72403294
Like the whole genesis thing?
Or the promise to burn in the hell the book created if you don't believe in the book?
Or that god is a genocidal retard that kills people on a whim?
>>
>>72406525
>shitimbald

haha what
>>
>>72398893
Corrupted.
Move on to Quran.
>>
>>72408623

Islamic societies are pretty shit-tier. No thanks.
>>
File: 1435553246365.jpg (475 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1435553246365.jpg
475 KB, 540x540
>>
>>72408623
>in the quran the angel gabriel is a dark dominating being who pushes mohammed up against a wall (and probably fucked his arabpucci)

no thanks
>>
>>72398893

Better than Islam and Judaism. I don't believe in any religion but Christianity is by far the best out of the bunch.
>>
>>72399478

I hope all works out for you. Stay strong, brethren.
>>
>>72398893
Good for burning
>>
>>72398893
Have the best values.
>>
>>72398893
70% roman lies 30% truth.. old testiment has far less roman lies than the new testiment
>>
How come Jews and Muslims get to lie to people but not Christians? Arent they all the "same" religion from the same source?
>>
>>72408623

Quran is a rip off of Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Vedic and India spirituality, etc. Christianity is also a rip off but Islam literally plagerizes not only Judaism and Christianity, but it stole whole parts of Vedic philosophy, Greek philosophy, Persian philosophy, and just re-worded them. It's a religion that's meant to cultivate an empire rather than a sustainable form of religion or spirituality.
>>
>>72409968

I'm assuming you're black?
>>
>>72410055
the romans have been known to do all types of things from touching the kids, (first reported rape case in 753BCE) to renaming israel to syria palestine, now you have palestinians..
>>
File: gods.jpg (29 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
gods.jpg
29 KB, 320x319
>>72398893
Pure fake thrash

>>72409967
like stoning people for working on sabbat?
>>
>>72398893
Bedtime stories for morons.
>>
>>72410055
Council of Nicea and so on.. Jesus had kids! Like it or not
>>
File: tipsshrek.jpg (56 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
tipsshrek.jpg
56 KB, 353x334
>>72410224
>>
>>72410175
>there are differing beliefs about X
>therefore, you're wrong about X
great argument, free-thinker
>>
>>72398893
nice night storys
>>
>>72398893

Bronze Age goat fuckers write down what Stone Age chimps told each other in legends and myths to "explain" why shit was so fucked up in a time they didn't have the digit zero or enough numbers to count to 100.

Iron Age morons then poison themselves with lead for 100 generations and are unable to comprehend or invent anything better, turn stupidity into ritual and slaughter anyone who tries to become something better.

Then suddenly Islam, compared to which even Christianity looks slightly reasonable.

And, raping children for 2000 years in the name of Jesus because it's an expression of God's Divine Love.

But, some of us sort of miss the elegance, subtlety and nuance in all that, so God, in His Infinite Love, will burn us in a Lake of Fire for all Eternity. For trying to become something better.

The End.
>>
>>72410389
>if I post a reaction image it voids his argument

He's 100% correct
Fuck your monotheistic sandnigger religion
#BringBackRome
>>
>>72398893
Old Testament is Jewish tricks
New Testament is good life lessons
>>
>>72410723
>New Testament is good life lessons
like what?
i think from a secular prospective, the OT has way more wisdom, especially proverbs.
like this gem:
>Better is open rebuke than hidden love. (Proverbs 27:5)

i personally don't give a shit about the secular perspective and love all the books, old testament and new.
>>
>>72411249
Like the Gospel. OT is there to understand the times and context of Jesus, nothing more.
>>
>>72399478

Summed up how I feel about the Bible now that I'm 24 and not a 16 year old fedora tipping atheist. The book is based overall.
>>
>>72398893
Fairytales for sandpeople. Invasive and violent religion that replaced European culture.
>>
>>72411625

We're talking about Christianity, not Islam.
>>
>>72398893
Old testament is good stories combined with suppression of free will. New testament is hippy bullshit combined with suppression of free will. Not saying it's false per say, but I disagree with the messages.
>>
>>72411713
>hurrr durrrr

Good point anon.
>>
>>72398893
book of wisdom and good for smacking fedoras with it in the face.

a bloodstained bible covered with the blood of heretics is especially a good bible.
>>
i don't like overruling logic and science with contents of it.
>>
>>72408623
>dictated by an illiterate Arab, who was possessed by demons, to allow him to kill and fuck whomever he wants
>1.6 gorillion people fell for it
>>
File: 1461227287619.jpg (99 KB, 453x752) Image search: [Google]
1461227287619.jpg
99 KB, 453x752
>>72410561
>he thinks the Bible is meant to be interpreted literally

No Church except some small southern churches holds your asinine views. Go stroke your dick to Dawkins.
>>
>>72398893
Cut out the middle with a knife and you have a good stash box
>>
>>72398893
Excellent guide book for a happy and contented life. Full of wisdom and answers, ignore it at your peril.
Will give 5 stars.
>>
A bunch of hopeful fanatics following king James and believing a collection of words is, without a doubt, the key to immortal life and happiness.

Also about 15% of /pol/ advocates this book.
>>
>>72412124
this desu
>>
File: bible.jpg (193 KB, 560x722) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
193 KB, 560x722
>>
Poorly translated by Jews purposely so goyim will not learn the truth about what they believe.
>>
>>72403534
TL;DR
>Burka please
>>
>>72398893
I think you need to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of it to understand a lot of references in most of European art, whether or not you believe in the stories themselves doesn't really matter.
>>
>>72399478
>Forget genesis and whether certain stories should be taken literally, hell the wisdom is more consuming than the stories anyway, it really speaks to me.

lets just focus on the part i dont have any problem with
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.