[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Millennials relying on labels more than previous generations,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: millennials.jpg (2 MB, 2188x1372) Image search: [Google]
millennials.jpg
2 MB, 2188x1372
Why are Millennials relying on labels more than previous generations, is it because the internet and social media has made them more aware of how incredibly boring they are and want something to cling onto to feel like a special snowflake and different from the herd?
>>
It's about the only stable thing that they can rely on.
>>
>>72355320
No. It's because western countries have moved to do most of their business in the service sector, in which representation is very important. That's where it started, at least. This behaviour trickles down to the rest of society.
>>
>>72355320

You're half right.

The internet has allowed people to find their like-minded associates in echo chambers, which has essentially fractured their self perceptions into smaller and smaller boxes.

100 years ago, I would have been a rural Republican, because all of my friends are rural Republicans.

However, now tumblrites can find a whole community of otherkin pansexual Wiccans to validate their bizarre self-delusions.

You should note that /pol/ itself is an echo chamber for alienated young Western men who have been pushed out of society by an increasingly militant feminist school of thought.
>>
>>72355320
>Why are Millennials relying on labels more than previous generations,

They don't.
>>
File: safe stinky space.jpg (249 KB, 788x1170) Image search: [Google]
safe stinky space.jpg
249 KB, 788x1170
>>72355679
This.
>>
All that inherited state debt, the student loans they were told would get them a better job and the degenerate baby boomers might be why, just a theory.
>>
File: UK.jpg (825 KB, 1912x956) Image search: [Google]
UK.jpg
825 KB, 1912x956
Labels have always been a thing
>>
>>72355320
I feel weird. OP has a point, but he's also on a website where people proudly label themselves /pol/tards and other things.
>>
>>72356632
I don't "label" myself anything. I actually believe that the use of the word "label," in this context, is one of the gayest things ever to see the light of day.
>>
>>72355320
>Why are Millennials XYZ

Why aren't these threads banned yet
>>
>>72355320
theyre fags
>>
File: 1459815638463.jpg (38 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
1459815638463.jpg
38 KB, 604x437
>>72355320
>>72355488
>>72355621
>>72355679

Generation X, pls fuck off. You were all no better than us when you were our age.
>>
What the fuck is up with all these God damn millennials threads?

I seriously doubt /pol/'s user base is filled with people from other generations.
>>
>>72355320
I am 100% confident I could win in a fight vs that entire group.
>>
>>72355320
REMINDER: If you were born between 1982 and 2004, YOU, yes YOU, are a millennial.
>>
>>72357391
There's a lot of 26 to 35 year olds that don't believe they're a millennial for some reason. They get so angry when you call them millennials.
>>
>>72357648

You could probably make them curl up on the ground by saying something which they don't like or find offensive.
>>
>>72355679
>You should note that /pol/ itself is an echo chamber for alienated young Western men who have been pushed out of society by an increasingly militant feminist school of thought.

I can relate to that.

>>72356490
I hate this country. Full of degenerates.
>>
File: Back-to-the-80s-logo.png (238 KB, 630x421) Image search: [Google]
Back-to-the-80s-logo.png
238 KB, 630x421
>>72357391
Almost every Friday evening and weekend there are many in their 40s and sometimes even 50s on here. They could by lying but most have extensive knowledge of the proper decades. Doubt any millennial would put that much effort into pretending to be from the 70s or 80s.
>>
File: Carl_JB.jpg (39 KB, 471x237) Image search: [Google]
Carl_JB.jpg
39 KB, 471x237
>>72355320
Pretty much, there's a constant search for some sort of identity and a lot of hipsters go out of their way to look different... which usually makes them all look the same.
>>
First post best post
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.