[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lego Sets Have Been a Better Investment than Gold Since 2000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: CRP_0020.webm (3 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
CRP_0020.webm
3 MB, 889x500
>It's crushed the returns of numerous investments.

>Lego is a beloved toy brand, not an investment vehicle that’s part of many people’s portfolios. Only, maybe it should have been. Since the year 2000, the Danish building blocks have actually appreciated better than numerous investments.

>In the last 15 years, the average value of a Lego set has gone up, with “pristine condition” sets appreciating 12%, according to the Telegraph, which added that prices jump when a model is discontinued, and that sets from last year are up around 36%.

>This kind of return is incredible. In that same span, the S&P 500 has returned about 4.2% annually, gold 9.6%, and the the U.K.’s FTSE 100 is about the same as it was at the turn of the millennium.

http://time.com/money/4162059/lego-investment-compare-gold-return/

Why haven't you added Lego sets to your portfolio? Why are you still investing in gold? Why are you still putting your trust in that Fiat currency called the dollar?
>>
>Hey look I posted it again
>>
Nice WebM tho m8
>>
File: 1342786689916.jpg (13 KB, 251x205) Image search: [Google]
1342786689916.jpg
13 KB, 251x205
They are a limited product that are already expensive to begin with. My grandparents probably resented the hell out of me when i was a kid. I was too stupid to realize those lego sets are nearly a hundred dollars each. I feel like shit every time i think about lego, but they were so fun.
>>
>>72347439

At least with legos you make toy airplanes and cars. Gold just kind of sits there allegedly having a value. If our ancestors didn't decide that this shiny but not terribly useful metal was worth killing for because 'hurr durr iz puurrdy' it wouldn't even be doing that.
>>
>what were Beanie Babies

Speculative markets never work out well senpai
>>
>>72348277
Diamonds are still doing well.
>>
>>72348423
Do diamonds count as a speculative market? They seem to have real value both in material scarcity and function.
>>
File: SZ19jYH.jpg (237 KB, 962x605) Image search: [Google]
SZ19jYH.jpg
237 KB, 962x605
Lego's are awesome. Man enjoy building stuff.
>>
How could I own that stuff and not play with it? Pristine condition is like owning cows and chicken and having to be vegetarian.
>>
>>72348423
>>72348580
dont believe the diamond jew. Its a fake scarcity that makes them expensive when sold to you.
>>
>>72348580
Diamonds are kept artificially scare.

The only reason the value is driven up so high is because we're told you need jewery and how little of it they actually dig.
>>
File: 1457379898004.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457379898004.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>72348630
god... i wish i were so autistic
>>
Lego bubble when?
>>
>>72347439
>Why haven't you added Lego sets to your portfolio?

Because I am filling my portfolio with pinball machines?
>>
>>72349252
Being Lithuanian you have to prove your not.....this doesn't....
>>
>>72347439
Wouldn't be surprised. Someone told me that basic necessities and some of the best investments. Toothpaste, toilet paper, light bulbs, etc.

The value increases slowly over time, and is almost guaranteed to not lose money because they are necessary.

Investing in Apple 15 years ago would have turned a massive profit. But had you not pulled out, you will lose money as Apples value goes up and down. Where as Crest toothpaste, may not have seen a huge spike like Apple did, its grown steadily with almost no risk.

Short or Long term matters here. Invest in a detergent company for example.
>>
>>72350302

and always invest in gun companies during election cycles and when democrats are in office.

THANKS OBAMA!
>>
>>72348630

>I'm spending my entire life in front of my computer, wasting my life on games and 4chan
>this guy builds a fucking 5m long lego battleship

I should probably just kill myself...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.