[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Victorian England the peak of our civilization?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Pearce_Bartlett.jpg (146 KB, 627x897) Image search: [Google]
Pearce_Bartlett.jpg
146 KB, 627x897
Was Victorian England the peak of our civilization?
>>
It was a shithole and crushed Oscar Wilde.
>>
Rampant child abuse and weak neurological empathy networks as a result, very impersonal and aggressive.
>>
>>72325653
he was a fag
>>
I love the optimism, the relentless drive for progress and expansion, as well as the moral and philosophical self assurance. But damn, I would probably have been some malnourished cotton spinner sent off to die in the Boer war
>>
It was certainly the peak of Western Europe's grip on the world, but it was eclipsed by the subsequent Pax Americana.

No major wars after the Napoleonic era.

Economic prosperity (relative to previous ages).

Total dominion of entire continents.

>>72325653

Oscar Wilde was a faggot and deserved what he got.
>>
>>72325771
Indeed.
Flamboyant clothing and sucking dick all the way and all the time.

But his books are great and he got fucked in jail despite Everyone sucking dick in the victorian society.
>>
>>72325653
>Oscar Wilde
isn't that the lesbian in House?
>>
>>72326014

>But damn, I would probably have been some malnourished cotton spinner sent off to die in the Boer war

Judging previous age's through our own prism of modernity is a serious mistake. Even if you were poor as fuck, you'd still be better off in 1900 than in 1800.

We should be viewing the West's prosperity relative to foreign countries. Britain was unparalleled in wealth at that time just as America was unparalleled in wealth after WW2.
>>
>>72325653
No it didn't, Oscar Wilde caused his own downfall.
>>
>>72325732
muh empathy.

As always, thanks for your input, Karl (Muhammad, peace be upon him) Marx
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.