[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"real job"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
Does Pol have a real job? How does it feel that jobs are becoming less and less real? Our parents had much more real jobs than we do.
>>
>>72309268
Actuary here, have real job, hate everyone and everything
>>
File: wtf.jpg (62 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
62 KB, 500x681
>>72309268

Not my fault my babyboomer parents fucked up any opportunities that I could've had before.
>>
>>72309268
Behavior analyst here. I don't have a job, I have a career.
>>
>>72309268
I'm currently working on getting my AAS so I can go work as a plant operator. That's a real job. The chemical processing industry is one of the few places where real jobs still exist.
>>
File: Serb_Pepe.jpg (157 KB, 536x677) Image search: [Google]
Serb_Pepe.jpg
157 KB, 536x677
>>72309268

College student untermensch here.
>>
>>72309393
what is that
>>
>>72309268
I'm a youtuber that earns more money than any of you will by sitting on my ass and playing videogames. Stay mad and idgaf about your "real jobs" lmao.
>>
>>72309516
what's your annual income in usd?
>>
File: Is Multiculturalism Working.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Is Multiculturalism Working.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>72309268
God I hate this baby faced prick. I loved it when we raided his little TV show poll.
>>
>>72309393
How does it feel knowing people in your jewish field of work contribute to the liberalization of society
>>
>>72309268
I'm electrician.
>>
I pour iron is that real enough for ya
>>
I make windows
>>
Sound engineer and editor for movies/games. I do what only the few blessed with golden ears can do. It also involves a shit-load of notes, programming, learning too much software fluently, on-the-fly problem solving, trying out new hardware and comparing it to the old, creating personal hardware for quicker accurate work, and all kinds of neat crap. I've got a lot of connected Jews in my family.
>>
I hit small boxes with my fingers and make lights go WHOOOSH!
>>
I'm a video game dev. My friends began a small startup and hired me a week after uni ended. Two years later and we're soon to release our first title.

I don't know if it's a real job, we've got shit pay and long hours but I'd probably be doing it for free on my own in my spare time anyway if I was stuck in a McJob. Call me a manchild but I love my work, I wonder how many can say the same?
>>
If everyone had their own garden there wouldn't be a lot of problems........................................................................................except their nature fucks up your harvest.......................but we have more technology and global interaction now...............so i think everyone having a farm right now would be cool..............we could all feed each other and give each handshakes, and respect.....
>>
>>72309268
High school teacher. Teenagers are so dumb.
>>
>>72309268
Anything that allows you to make money and not rely on other people is a real job.
>>
>>72310104
Literally the most useless job

You fucking pieces of shit have billions of sound bits to use, yet in every fucking movie I still hear the resident evil valve noise and the same stupid Fucking dolphin sound
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3340x2839) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3340x2839
Is science teacher a real job?
>>
File: IMG_20160427_173458.jpg (1000 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160427_173458.jpg
1000 KB, 2448x2448
I'm a sand blaster. $14/hr, standing all day, moving metal around usually by myself, safety third work policy, covered in microdust every single day.
>>
>>72309268
I'm a programmer in Silicuck Valey.

The atmosphere is insufferably smug and liberal. South Park nailed it, though San Fagcisco smells like urine, not farts.
>>
>>72310211
>I'm a video game dev
>my friend hired me

No, you're just some shitty coder/writer/or artist

Stop calling yourself a dev if you don't even have a Fucking title to your name, every stupid faggot on kickstarter identifies as a Fucking dev

You didn't develop shit
>>
it's all relative

someone in 2016 could be living on the streets as a hobo, but if they have an iphone with internet access, then they're better off than someone earning a million dollars, back in the 1960s.
>>
>>72309603
I correct retarded and autistic people's behavior problems and rectify their skill deficits so that they can live independently and don't have to live life as a welfare leech. Explain to me how I'm contributing to a Jewish conspiracy.
>>
>>72309268

Copywriter / Social Media Manager for a company that usually works with politicians. We basically act as their campaign office, promoting them on the online sphere.

What do I do?

I write ads, speeches, facebook posts / take care of the social media pages that the politician has / media monitoring and whatnot.

Pretty awesome job. Most of the people I work with are very intelligent and the pay is incredible, compared to my last job (at a multinational Advertising Agency).

tl;dr: I manipulate stupid people with words so that they'll vote for our candidate.
>>
>>72310506
He's saying you practice a pseudo-science.
>>
>>72310506
next you'll be promoting sperg mixing
>>
Nope, I make $14 an hour as a phlebotomist/ lab tech. The work sucks, and I have to deal with the dumbest demographic of people. But I like my coworkers and it's just getting me through school, so whatever.
>>
>>72310493
that is retarded mate
>>
>>72310345
I never said I was a sound director, m89. I give them what they want and that's that.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 639x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 639x800
Hairdresser. Top-stylist. Minimum 200$ a cut. Usually 350-400$. Yet I managed only to save 5k$ over 2,5 years working.
>>
>>72310400
I know that feel. Sand boogers and grit in your teeth when you're trying to sleep at night.
>>
>>72310291
A beautiful profession, just a shame today's youth are utter cockroaches.

I wonder if it's any better in East Asia. Those kids still seem to have some discipline.
>>
Finishing master's in electrical engineering and just got my first "real" job as a signal processing engineer for an infamous military-industrial complex company.

feel proud and guilty at the same time. I don't know if I'll be able to go my whole life this way.
>>
>>72309268
Dr Leonid Pavell, nuclear physicist
>>
I'm a privately funded researcher who works in the field of physical anthropology.
Undergrad in biological anthropology
Doctor of Science (Physical anthropology)

Also have a degree in paralegal, which is how I funded my University tuition.
>>
File: rick.png (180 KB, 419x384) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
180 KB, 419x384
Small business owner,

I don't get a paycheck, there are no other employees to quibble with and it's a 30 second commute from my bed to work. Feels surreal.
>>
>>72310506
>tips hat
So you're here doing research then, good sir?
>>
Research lab technician. It's alright.
>>
>>72310599

> mfw a top of the notch stylist back here will only charge you something like 20-30 euros, maximum (and that's a shit loads of money anyway).

I usually go to my usual hairdresser and pay him about ... 10 euros, plus tip? (and im being generous with that tip).
>>
>>72310400
>tfw you'll soon be working under minimum wage

rip
>>
>>72310380
Those girls are better than your average Russian girl. Aussies are handsome.
>>
>>72310551
It's a branch of psychology, but it's one of only two schools of psychology that actually relies on the scientific method (along with neuropsychology). It's legit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_behavior_analysis
>>
>>72309268
Power plant operator at a hydro electric plant. Produce around 6 GW per year, but could produce 600MW per hour.

Pay is 44.25/hr. Don't even bother asking for what you need to do to get into it if you aren't at least a Journeyman electrician.
>>
>>72309438
So what you're saying is that you'll be doing lockout tagout for 40 years and then retiring to your grave.

Real job here boys real job.
My dads a plant manager. He was plant operator for 30 years.
>>
>>72309349
>he says as he votes Democrat
>>
>>72309268
Most trades are pretty real. And in Australia they generally pay pretty well too.
>>
>>72309268
Truck driver here. Ama
>>
>>72310581

maybe not a millionaire, but you can see what i'm saying

if you're in some shitty minimum wage job, you've still got the internet. so you've got access to a huge wealth of information for free... you have free movies, free music from any artist that has ever existed... it wouldn't matter how rich you were in the 1960s, you couldn't have all songs and movies that have ever existed, at your fingertips

a minimum wage slave in 2016 has better health care than the King of England in the 1700s
>>
>>72310768
Why haven't you found a real job since you're going to be replaced by robots in the next 5 years anyways
>>
I work in finance, currently an investigator for our multicurrency operations department, I work full time and I'm going to school to get a degree in accounting so I guess I'll have a career with my bank.

I started at bottom and worked my way up, what sucks is that alot of entry level jobs from my bank are going overseas (India) so others won't have the same chance that I had.
>>
>>72310345
And that generic childrens laugh that every fucking movie uses.
>>
>>72310753
Yeah pretty much, or at least until I save up enough money to invest in something. Maybe some fast food franchises, rental apartments, the market, etc.
>>
>>72309268
>our jobs are becoming less real

what the fuck does that man?

I am an management consultant. shit's as realas it gets. synergy.
>>
>>72310821
>replaced by robots.

Lmao. Won't happen anytime soon friend.
>>
File: 5hitler-kontor2.jpg (36 KB, 620x456) Image search: [Google]
5hitler-kontor2.jpg
36 KB, 620x456
They must learn to respect each other and be respected again – the intellectual
must respect the manual labourer and vice versa. Neither can
exist without the other.From them both will emerge the new man: the man of the coming
German Reich!
>>
>>72310406
Where does this liberalism / SJWism come from, concerning IT workers, esp. programmers?
I've always thought about programmers as pretty based, rational and therefore "red-pilled" people who see and talk about things as they are.
They have to deal with computers after all, which don't care about "feelings", quite the contrary - it's a precise, hard work, like any other craft.
>>
I get paid $8 an hour as a 19 year old doing an air conditioning apprenticeship

probably going to quit and try to find some factory work, then hopefully join the Army next year if I don't off myself
>>
>>72310880
Google car already Fucking exists you stupid shit, not to mention most of you have auto pilot features already, what the fuck are you talking about not anytime soon

That shit is already going to be available to the public in 2 years
>>
Parents don't think my job is a real job because I'm not a pencil pusher behind a desk, but I think my job is real enough.

I work as a train conductor for Amtrak.
>>
Doing my PhD in chemistry. Not really sure if it counts as a job or not at this point.
>>
File: tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png (171 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png
171 KB, 1280x1280
>>72310624
>master's in electrical engineering
>for an infamous military-industrial complex company

Tell me more: are you now a man's man? Is electrical engineering God tier, is it like alotta math to feel accomplished?
>>
>>72309268

About to start my 10 hour white collar working day. Can't wait to sit in an office writing meaningless emails about bullshit things to people who don't care so that I can get a high number written on a piece of paper in the next review period.

I can't fucking wait for this decadent world to end.
>>
>>72310607
There are unfortunate cases still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5g7tYGkCZQ
>>
>>72310919
You know how many women get shoved into coding positions if they can write even the simplest of loops because MAH WOMEN CAN BE CODERS TOO

They Fucking ruined github with all of that pc shit
>>
>>72310599

That sounds interesting, can you tell me more about the job, and your story?
>>
>>72310104
Kek i work in production too. You make it sound like it's rocket science. your post sounds like you think you're bethoven crossed with bill gates.

Audio production is fun because you get to play with lots of cool toys, but it's almost never hard unless you can't into basic trig.
>>
I make $18.50 an hour assisting small business with their payroll. Going to graduated soon so not too bad its the most I ever made.
>>
>>72310957
First of all, there are a lot of variables that go into truck driving. It's not just simply driving forward. Not to mention there are 3.5 million drivers in the US. Also there are probably 100 thousand truck stops that rely on us to buy their shitty snacks and coffee. Eat at their restaurants. That would effectively put over 5 million people out of work. We have the technology to have light bulbs that will last for a lifetime. You ever wonder why they don't sell them? Don't be a dumb fuck. Pls. Use your brain nigger
>>
File: r u srs.jpg (29 KB, 187x280) Image search: [Google]
r u srs.jpg
29 KB, 187x280
>>72310763

I voted for Trump in the primaries, you must have me confused with a faggot cuck.
>>
>>72309268
>being a hedge fund manager is hard
ayyy
>>
>>72310380
Yes.
>>
I wash dishes and do prep work in a restaurant for 12 to the hour. Hoping to join the army in a year or two.
>>
>>72309268
Barrister here, my job involves making people pay support and getting their kids back. Someone always ends up crying and I love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 720x720
>>72310715
Nasty sluts unfortunately.
>>
>>72311063
Women trying to do anything that isn't a support role is always a joke.

They are never meant to be the tip of the spear, and they prove it every almost single time they are put in that position.
>>
>>72310957
Why don't we just record a really good teacher and play a video at the schools and fire all the teachers?
>>
>>72310452

Sorry I triggered you America, but I suppose you're right; I too often use dev as a catchall. I am actually just an artist and I will be sure to check my dev privilege from now on.
>>
>>72311013

I feel you brah. Had a white collar job up until a couple of months ago. I was an Accound Exec. for a multinational Agency.

All I fucking did the entire day was to take briefs from our shitty clients (tobacco industry), simplify those briefs for our Design department (art+copywriter) and then argue with the client for 3-4 hours because they can't figure out the difference between purple and fuchsia.

That job ate my entire fucking soul. After one year of working with the japanese devils from Jaban Trading International (Tobacco Company), I quit my job so hard that it echoed in the time-space continuum.

cool tip: never work for tobacco advertising. It will kill your soul slowly, while you kill other people by advertising cigarettes.
>>
>>72310380

>Wonders if /pol janitor job is real and fulfilling?
>>
File: 1426714931761.jpg (39 KB, 590x518) Image search: [Google]
1426714931761.jpg
39 KB, 590x518
>tfw 20 and still haven't had a job yet

it humbles me 2bh.. at least i'm in college
>>
>>72310919

It became "trendy". I suspect it's mostly due to low barriers of entry for making shitty code (see: nodejs) that lets SJWs in and thristy betas orbiters who put them on a pedestal.
>>
File: IMG_20160427_160811.jpg (1013 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160427_160811.jpg
1013 KB, 2448x2448
>>72311107
I recently got my CDL to ditch my sand blasting job. Driving is second nature but worried I'll get stuck with a delivery job or something. I want the least manual labor possible and enjoy life a little. Don't have any particular questions I just need to job search.
>>
>>72311012
no I'm still an autist, just an autist who will soon earn a high salary.

EE isn't easy but honestly the math isn't as formal and rigorous as say, the higher levels of theoretical CS or math majors. Once you're solid with differential equations and linear algebra and some basic probability it's a lot of dealing with datasheets and design specs, and arcane pieces of software and hardware.
>>
>>72311107
>oh no we're going to continue throwing away money to support restaurants and minimum wage workers because of the economy - massive market oligopoly

AHAHHAH

CORPORATIONS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR MICROECONOMIC PROBLEMS RETARD

They'd fucking outsource you if they had the slightest chance

They've already made your shitty trucks in mass production, Fucking look it up
>>
>automation will leave make it impossible for everyone to have a job

Not in our lifetimes. There isn't a finite amount of work in the world.
>>
>>72309268
I work in the energy sector marketing and selling power plants and related machinery such as reactors and turbines. It's a real enough job alright but I sometimes miss university.
>>
>>72311341
Where do you live? And how long are you willing to stay out?
>>
>>72309268
In about 30 years there will be no more jobs
All work of value for society will be done by machines
We need to seize the means of production now to avoid being exploited then
>>
I'm a merchant and a watchmaker. I'm catalan too, so I kinda laugh a lot to all these madness about the jews.
>>
>>72309268

Mechanical drafter here. I disagree that my job isn't real. I get to see, hold, test and revise every piece I draw.
>>
24 years old
Commercial fisherman
Dad wants to disown me because I won't go work with him on his pot farm.
Make great money and love what I do, fuck you dad.
>>
>>72311408
this*
>>
>>72310493
Everyone has a phone now, so what you said is retard.
>>
>>72311225
>Children learn in different ways and speeds
>Hurr lets standardize the whole thing with a video
>American education

Small wonder I'm taking your job LMAO
>>
>>72311255

Mate I'm in advertising too. Account Manager at a Group M agency. I know exactly where you're coming from - this whole working world is bullshit.

Congrats on escaping this hell, maybe one day I'll be so lucky too.
>>
>>72311124
Just invest in the whole market with index funds and fuck the fund managers. Their pay is not worth what you gain. You'll earn as much but without having reward those leeches.
>>
>>72309600

Oh snap.
>>
>>72309438
That's not a real job though.
I work full time job as a mother. Care to beat that?
>>
>>72311225
Why the Fuck did you reply twice

Also online learning is already a thing

How are you this fucking ignorant of the real world
>>
>>72311374
>minimum wage. Nigger, we make 45k+ the day you walk out of a 3 week course. Stay mad college fag. Keep your record clean and 1-2 years you can make 75k..... Walmart pays first year employees (3years experience) an average of 82k. Stay mad.
>>
>>72311181
Implying making coffee is a real job
>>
You can't *this* yourself you retard

>>72311408
>>72311435
>>
>>72311392
I live in Everett, wa. I at least want my weekends. I am trying to buy a place too so I need something permanent not seasonal.
>>
File: Hitagi smug.jpg (32 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Hitagi smug.jpg
32 KB, 960x540
>>72311441
>>
>>72309268
Neets and office workers should go to a gulag
t. electrician masterrace
>>
File: 1461834339193-820234340.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1461834339193-820234340.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
My overnight walmart job is the only real job I will ever have.
>>
>>72311458
>invest
You can do much better with a couple of leveraged account and a decent liquidity provider if you are managing assets well below the 1M threshold
>>
>>72311527
American education.
It was a correction. I said *these* instead of *this*.
>>
>>72311495
Juanita the midget maid can beat that.
>>
>>72310104
>real job
Being this consumed by hyperreality.
Enjoy your stimulacrum goy.
>>
File: 1451709009976.png (17 KB, 1154x860) Image search: [Google]
1451709009976.png
17 KB, 1154x860
w-what do glassblowers mean to /pol/

I've been blowing glass for years and just now found out that everyone wants a job doing "manual labor." I work for myself and actually enjoy it. I live very comfortably, but very islotated.
>>
>>72311501
How is this helping your case at all

Great job making good money, it's more a reason why it's cost beneficial to replace you with a computer that can analyze the exact route needed to get to the destination at the fastest time

What the Fuck are you even trying to prove
>>
>>72310400
>>72311341
I used to deliver and the pay was really good. From what I heard, not sure if true, but the local truck deliveries in the medical field pay stupid money for the work (like 100-150k/yr)
>>
>>72311605
glorious
>>
>>72311605
>I live very comfortably, but very isolated.

I read that as

>I live very comfortably, but very comfortably
>>
I work for my towns parks department. The work is hard, the pay is shit, and I've little to no room for advancement.

Yet for some reason I love it. Most of my friends have shitty McJobs while I'm out making the town look nice. I genuinely enjoy doing lawn work, and I actually feel like I've accomplished something every day. The paycheck is good enough because I live within my means, I don't need a bunch of money to be happy.
>>
Embalmer/funeral director

It's a good job with a lot of down time.
I also get invited to the wake quite often and my contract stipulates that I'm allowed to drink alcohol if the family is. Just one pint, but how many other jobs get paid to go to parties and drink beer?
>>
>>72311452

Hah, cool coincidence. Thanks, leaving that shitty agency made me feel as a fucking human again. No more 10-11 hours a day of being a slave for both the agency and the client, no more "10 meetings a week at the client so we can check the deadlines for things we haven't started yet", no more backstabbing from your own colleagues because you're actually doing a good job.

It was a good pay but hell, it's totally not worth it. I was a copywriter before becoming an Account Exec. and I can tell you, being a copywriter again is so freakin good, I actually enjoy coming to work nowadays.

Side tip: Publicis Groupe can go to hell and those french bastards can suck my gipsy-ass cock.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 403x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 403x303
There's so many of you worthless goys in here, I can't accumilate the time to insult all of you!.. If only I just had more time..
>>
>>72309268
Why have you used Owen Jones in your meme, OP?

He's (literally) a faggot progressivist that supports Brexit. The last thing he would consider "real" jobs would be financial services.
>>
>>72311563
As in getting yourself in debt in order to make money? Seems like a pretty great risk for the average person
>>
>>72311441

For real, though, Pedro. What do you think Common Core is?
Standardizing it to the lowest gifted children. And teachers.
>>
Replacing humans with machines is good. If every company improved their production in these sort of ways, the whole country would benefit, as production would be more efficient, technology would be improving, quality of life in general would improve in a number of ways due to our combined ambition to improve processes.
>>
>>72309268

I fuck white married women for money on craigslist. I have a 9" cock and they love my cut physique talking to them in sexy spanish.

Most of the time my clients are in their early 20s-30s and newly married. Their "husbands" are either unemployed and always home or overemployed and never home. I once fucked a bitch in the ass while her white cuck boyfriend posted Trump threads on /pol/. He was really mad but what's he going to do, hit a woman or a latino? Those are both hate crimes. He just stomped his feet and cried while posting about muh beenurz on /pol/.

If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be the ones where the guy doesn't know. All of those girls are nice and fucked up. They dress well and talk about how stupid their boyfriends are for not catching on. They're not the party girls, but the "marriage material" that is sometimes posted on this board.

Business is incredible. I have 4 friends in the US right now doing what I do full time. They pull in between 3 and 4k a night, usually boyfriends money.

Got a gf and white, /pol/? I can literally guarantee she's cheating with a hung black bull or latino. It's ok /pol/ it's expected in american society. You shouldn't settle for less and that applies to women too. They shouldn't settle for you.
>>
File: 1446426715090.jpg (122 KB, 780x620) Image search: [Google]
1446426715090.jpg
122 KB, 780x620
BTW, take note of all these poltards ITT babbling about some job, paycheck, and degree... AND YEY ALL ARE KEKED RATS RUNNING ON A WHEEL
>>
>>72311605
sounds awesome.

I wish I'd have even had the thought to train in some specific craft like that and work for myself and avoid the whole college/corporate pipeline.

I mean I can still go off grid with some savings and grow food and whatnot, or alternatively get into the cancerous tech startup scene, but it's not the same as being a master of a craft.
>>
>>72311562
what the fuck

how is that legal?
>>
>>72311504
That is barista.In Hungarian it is ügyvéd.
>>
>>72311551
I'm literally opposite area of the country. Georgia. Amazon is starting to run trucks in the Seattle area. There has been talks about them starting their own trucking company. Keep your eyes open for that. There's always FedEx of ups. Not sure of what else is good out there because it's opposite side of the country. I would try and find something with a terminal close to you. Easier to get home and you can park the truck there. I advise that you don't go with a team Company. They make more money starting out but that's because you are gone for weeks/month(s) at a time. It depends on how much money you need right now really. Like I said in another post, keep your head down and keep your record clean. In 2 years you can make some good money
>>
>>72311758

And everyone loses. It's not like the gifted kids who could be innovators or leaders are developing their potential, they're just skating by. They'll grow up to be amorphous gray blobs like their retard counterparts. True greatness requires inspiration, and the real successful have a handful of amazing teachers to thank for that.
>>
File: 1461834726564-910012579.jpg (812 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461834726564-910012579.jpg
812 KB, 1920x1080
>>72311777
I'm perplexed. What do you mean?
>>
File: bait.jpg (23 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
23 KB, 478x373
>>72311764
>>
>>72310957

They've recently tested automated trucks on our highways. Even their spokesman said it won't be for another 15 years, at the very least. And they still need a driver inside the truck as a human failsafe in case the software tries something monumentally stupid.
>>
>>72311764
Woah slow down friend, that is some spicy baiting right there.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x284
>>72309268
I work at a telephone relay service for the hard-of-hearing. (Basically closed captions for phone calls.) Eight hours of people shouting into the phone at a fast pace with food in their mouths. $10 an hour with no benefits. Every call is either a redneck or a Jew.

This job may actually drive me insane.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11 KB, 118x198) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11 KB, 118x198
>>72311848
How is it legal to have a break room but only allow things inside that were purchased at walmart?
>>
>>72309268
compliance controller, I am fine
>>
>>72311744
You pay a collateral called margin to your liquidty provider, he gives you the chance to leverage your money, and you do stuff. No debt
If your risk management is right you can do $$$$
>>
>>72311629
You are going to be so fucking dick ripping mad in 5 years and some truck driver doesn't let you merge and you end up running off into the grass. Think about this thread and be like, "God damnit.... This mother fucker was right. There still are people driving these things!"
>>
File: 1456018030505.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1456018030505.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
I can't disclose my 'job' for security reasons. Lets just say I make lots of money doing 3 things I really love.
>>
>>72309268
SCADA dev.

Salary is shit but it's my first year and I just want to gain as much experience as I can and then search for a better position in Madrid or Barcelona or even abroad.
>>
>>72311899
I'm sure you're allowed to bring food in from home. They just mean "don't grab shit off the shelves and bring it in here for lunch unless you've paid for it and have a receipt."
>>
>>72311899
I think they're saying you can't just borrow mugs and shit
>>
>>72311979
>>72311980
o
>>
>>72311899
As someone who worked there, it's one of those things were its selectively enforced. It's not like you can't use your phone there, or anything. Ditto for clothing and books.

But if you take in food or drink, they want to make sure that you didn't take it off their shelves without paying for it.
>>
>>72311899
This is for the niggers and untrustworthy white trash taking things off the shelf and consuming them after coming back in the breakroom.

You're free to bring your own lunch, but your bag gets searched when you leave at 7am.
>>
>>72309268
Machine learning/AI developer/data scientist, is that ok?
>>
>>72311860
They've already did tests on the Google tracking software and each time it's found that most of the errors are human based I think it'll be a lot less then 15 years,

Heck it took less then 5 for everyone and their mother to have a smart phone, if Google car is going to start selling to the public in 2 years then it'll probably replace it as the common standard of driving in 5 years time which would make it silly to continue to have truckers
>>
>>72312052
also :^)
>>
>>72311912
>leverage your money
>wat?

>no debt if your risk management is right you can do $$$$
>wat?
>>
>>72311929
I don't drive

My job is being a writer, I take the subway to get where I need to
>>
>>72312111
Nice trips, terrific trips, but i'm not wasting time educating you toothpaste.
It can be done
>>
>>72309600
I wonder if Owen counts gang/statutory rape in his interracial-relationships figure, that surely accounts for the vast majority of it.
>>
>>72311668
>>72311685
>>72311772
thanks. It's extremely hard work, but it pays the bills
>>
>>72311952
Then why post here, idiot?
>>
File: mri.jpg (352 KB, 1421x1424) Image search: [Google]
mri.jpg
352 KB, 1421x1424
I drive one of these
>>
>>72312052
Lemme guess, you're already making billions your first year out of college
>>
>>72312068
Except for the fact that shipping a load across the country requires more that driving forward. But go ahead. Believe your meme. At worst(best), I'll be sitting there Jerking off to trap porn on an iPad while the truck is rolling down the interstate. Have fun with your cubicle job nigger faggot
>>
>>72311929
Perhaps we'll end up in a world where self-driving cars are obvious to other drivers and people give them space, just like learner drivers.
>>
>>72312216
So you're being paid to be scanned all the time? This can't be healthy.
>>
>>72312222
memes aside about 65k first year out of college + pretty good benefits
>>
>>72312216
>not running one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okd4ISkI8mg
>>
>>72311698
Strippers, actually, but you chose the non-degenerate job, so that's cool. Considering how fast whites are dying off in Europe, your job is safe.
>>
File: 1461835273363-26812553.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1461835273363-26812553.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>72312155
>tfw shitty public transportation
>tfw busses stop at 6pm and don't run on the weekends

Maybe I should take a risk, get a full size sedan and drive Uber if I fail to kill myself if I lose my job.
>>
>>72311698
How did you land that gig?
>>
>>72309268
I do admin/HR/staffing work
If you don't think services and support roles aren't real jobs then please move to the 3rd World.
>>
>>72312225
Alright, aside from loading and unloading what are the other obstacles that face truck drivers,

Pumping gas?
I'm sure they can refill those at the check points you have every other mile for weighing

Enlighten me
>>
>>72312068

Not going to lie, I'm not following the process enough to refute you, I just noticed that the spokesperson (who generally are quite optimistic) didn't seem to think it realistic for truckers to lose their jobs in the next 20 years.

That, of course, may just have been placating them.
>>
>>72312155
Lmao. No wonder. Youre a bernie fag. Although for being a writer I'm surprised you said this

>>72312068
They've did tests.....
Did.

Smdh
>>
>>72312292
>working at wally world
Do you hate yourself?
>>
>>72312158
you are a pleb that might have heard a word or two, so fuck off.

leverage your financial position, that makes sense but your money? Who the hell even uses the word money in finance, pretty plebby.

no debt if your risk management is right? When you take a loan you get in debt, and that status is not to be confused with making a loss, jeez..
>>
>>72312068
"we, the robots" meme
>>
File: 1400405580512.jpg (76 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1400405580512.jpg
76 KB, 500x484
>>72312304
>HR
>>
Petroleum geologist here, life's stressful but money's cool I guess
>>
>>72312353
I guess HR is at least easy money made
>>
>>72310345
Lolling out loud at my real job at your disgust over repetitive valve noises and dolphin sounds
>>
>>72312306
Winter driving conditions. City driving. Niggers. Backing to a dock in a tricky small as fuck lot. Paperwork. Vehicle maintenence.
>>
>>72312274
did you do internships and have big connections or what
>>
>>72312328
>loan
When using leveraged accounts you don't take "loans". I explained it in my previous post.
Please, get educated or stop posting, i've been doing this for a living for years
>>
>>72312313
>hurr durr you disagreed with my and you have X job, that must mean you're X political party

I voted for rand, and now for trump because I enjoy international trade and believe in the militaristic standard, but keep proving your ignorance, it continues to add on to my case
>>
>>72309268
Test analyst for a pension company.

The job is real.

I don't know that many people outside y work with real jobs. I do know some:

>working as a product analyst for tesco
>working back office at UBS
>working as an actuary
>working in an unspecified position at lockheed martin
>working as an account manager at canada life
>working as a branch manager for kurt geiger (not sure i count in-store retail as a "real" job, but she is at least in a managerial position)

So that's 5 people i know with "real" jobs out of about 100. Most I know are doing "temporary" jobs with really basic shit.

I'm pretty sure most just didn't try hard enough.
>>
>>72312186
Blowing glass isn't that hard.. I know people that do it as a hobby and they've taught me some of the basics.

It requires a steady hand, but I'd hardly call it 'hard' work. Some people literally do it for fun, and one person I know in particular is extremely good at it. He makes a ton of money selling specialized glass products and it's nothing more than a hobby to him.
>>
File: 1458808808508.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458808808508.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>72312304
>HR
>>
>>72312353
>Government job
>Full health benefits/annual leave etc
>Nice personal office + easy workload
yes anon HR.
>>
>>72312419
Yeah, I got really fucking lucky with internships and it snowballed into a job. Data science wasn't even related to my major, either.

Pretty blessed tbqh senpai.
>>
>>72309310

This guy is doing it right
>>
File: 1461835620187-1060208195.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1461835620187-1060208195.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>72312327
I cant answer that directly. I have no GED and at 30 I'm far too old to start at the absolute bottom. I've been here eight years and at $14/hr, this is the best job I will ever have.
>>
File: 1446535776854.jpg (63 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1446535776854.jpg
63 KB, 535x462
>>72312436
> if I add multiple commas randomly to this long as fuck sentence then he will surely think I'm a professional writer.
>>
>>72312460
Is it a crime to turn hobby into job?

Tell that to the IT fags, they went from WoW to ROBOTS TAKING OVER
>>
>>72310506
No that's not what you do
>>
>>72312420
just read the previous entries of your conversation, sry for that
thought you were explaining what taking debt is to that gercuck. btw nowadays investor get more suspicious about a hedge funds managers activities. There are measures now that indicate to what extent investment choices deviate from solely-investing into index funds.
>>
>>72312405
Again I still don't see how you can keep your job, each one of those things have been tested and each one has proven to be better with the ai then a human

Winter conditions have been done
City driving has shown to be even better then when a human does it
Theft might be a real problem that I can agree with
Backing in at a perfect angle is also something that the ai does at a much better level then the human counterpart, which is why any car ,2014 and part has that beeping thing when you back too close to a vehicle or wall
>>
>>72312550
I'm pretty sure they'd help you with your education and promote you if you wanted.
>>
>>72310919
>Where does this liberalism / SJWism come from, concerning IT workers, esp. programmers?
From thier girlfriends.
>>
>>72309268
I own a payday loan store.
>>
No. I am web programmer/multimedia specialist. But I'm ok with this, wouldn't want a real job in despicable times like this where we have to work, but niggers and ahmeds receives free kebab bux.
>>
File: f-18-advanced-super-hornet-3.jpg (1 MB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
f-18-advanced-super-hornet-3.jpg
1 MB, 2100x1500
>>72309268
I quit my job after I became one of lowest paid employee, if not the lowest- the pay raise skipped me. I worked in IT for an aero space company. I literally walked out and email my boss that I quit later and it felt so good. They did a lot of bad things to people I really liked there, like writing up every non- salaried employee in one day just to give them a strike. I thought that was a dick move, and then when they started implementing an impossible metric on them and everyone turned to me and my co-workers for a solution I said fuck this company I am going to increase their zero turnaround!
>>
File: ArjrWQw.png (618 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
ArjrWQw.png
618 KB, 500x591
>>72312285
"these" don't exist anymore, thanks to multislice CT scanners
>>
>>72312605
I'm almost certain that you are either a underage kid or a minority of some sort.
>>
>>72312460
idk man, I spend 12h per day working in a shit environment, but I like it, and I do whatever I want in my "free" time
>>
>>72312551
>thinking I give a shit about what a Fucking truck drivers opinion of what my job is on a Mongolian image board at 5:30 in the fucking morning
>>
Nah, I gamble for a living. What I'm doing is pretty much the definition of "not a real job". When I put in at least 70 hours a week doing research and making tough decisions you can't really argue that it isn't work though, whether you think it's a "real job" or not. I work hard for my money and that's why I don't give a shit what people think about my "job".
>>
>>72312225
Where exactly has the idea that all Google's software can do is "drive forward"?

This ain't your sixties' cruise control anymore granddad, it can ALSO turn corners!
>>
Real estate developer here... It is not a real job by any stretch of the imagination. It does pay real money though.
>>
You know you have a real job if you regularly pick up loads in excess of a 100lbs. If you don't then you might as well be sucking dick at the fag and sip.
>>
I am only 25 and have worked nights at a grocery store for 3 years now. Worked at a waterpark before. College dropout. Went for half a year and said fuck it waste of money. I have no idea what I want to do and my only reason for waking up every day is my wife and the hope for something better in the future. I could get a better job but I don't want to work the slave labor they have at the refinery's my dad works at. He is a safety manager and gets paid to ride around on a golf cart and make sure people aren't doing stupid shit. He makes $120k a year plus retirement from the marines.
>>
>>72312654
you mean those
>>
>>72312665
>can't refuge argument
>goes for the classic "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"

The only Nigger here is you
>>
>>72312688
>he's mad

I shall celebrate over a king cone
>>
>>72312728
Well said Texas
>>
>>72310452
sup sam
>>
>>72309268
Union sheet metal worker here, I'm set for life as long as I can work and I'm not mentally retarded
>>
>>72312750
consider military + GI bill
>>
>>72310345
those sounds are 100% free to use. That is the main reason.
>>
>>72312811
My dad doesn't want me to join but I have thought about it a lot. It is has always been a fallback for me. Thing is my wife is an EU citizen so if I join she won't ever get to see her family because the military controls your life after you join.
>>
>>72312758
You never answered me. Of what race are you? I guarentee that you are not white.
>>
>>72312866
Slavic

Durak Blayt
>>
File: 1461836210825-296325973.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1461836210825-296325973.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>72312606
>educate
The tuition discounts only applies to the online school to which the company promotes, which costs more than the cc down the road charges ($20+k for just an associates).

>promotion
Good luck. In eight years, I have only seen about 4 people go not too far (hourly department manager) from my shift. There's no way I can take a $3 hourly paycut along with my houts getting cut to go on first shift in order to be near management.
>>
>>72312866

>>72312953
Im a wizard

Ama
>>
>>72312560
I never said it was a crime, I think if he does something he enjoys and makes money doing it that's fantastic. The anon said blowing glass was extremely hard work, and I disagree. It takes talent but it's hardly slaving away in the mines.

>>72312679
I'm sure it can be tougher than I imagine when it's how you make your living, but at the same time I think it's probably not a bad way to make a living. You're letting the fact that it's your 'job' get to you. When you first started out you probably bragged to your friends about how sweet it is.

>Implying friends.
>>
>>72310291
Very underrated job. Some of them were bad but many were also pretty good.
>>
>>72312982
Ye, I guess you'd rather have a pissing contest over who's whiter then actually try to disprove my argument despite probably having a more blacked ancestors then I
>>
>>72309799
The real question is are you low or high volt?
>>
>>72312966
Your only means of promotion is trying to hop from retailer to retailer climbing the ladder that way. Look into supervisor positions in other companies and apply.
>>
>>72312451

>"Product Analyst"
>"Account Manager"
>"Back Office"
>Real jobs

None of those are real jobs anon.
>>
I have a real job, as a construction manager and technician

Go find some entry level STEM job and just work your ass off, if you arent totally daft and have a great attitude and are patient while waiting for an opportunity, you will be promoted
>>
File: uiubh.jpg (77 KB, 498x665) Image search: [Google]
uiubh.jpg
77 KB, 498x665
frozen food processing here

dont eat peas.
just dont.
>>
Im my own boss, import shit from china and sell it for crazy profits. Got everything pretty much automated at this point with 2 employees that do everything.

I'm 32 and wealthy enough to live and thrive, i hike, build things, renovate and can pick up literally any and every hobby i want at any time. Making chainmail right now and planning on joining a re-enactment society.

I feel less and less of a person every day and wish i could go back to being a retail pleb i was at 18-21. I wont say money doesn't buy happiness, it certainly does. But there are immaterial feelings you get from a job well done, a compliment from your boss or the camaraderie of a work team you don't have hiring / firing power over.

Aside from all that stuff it's pretty sweet though.
>>
>>72313252
why anon?
>>
File: paulpe.jpg (49 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
paulpe.jpg
49 KB, 830x1262
>>72312782
>>72312845
my id says "pep" for Pepe and is green.
>>
>>72313255
shit like what?
>>
>>72313252
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU PUT IN MY PEAS
>>
>>72313255
How much money would I need toget started doing something like that?
>>
Quality engineer here
>>
>>72313098
Who's going to open the trailer doors when the truck is beeping it's way to a dock door?
>>
>>72313171
I'll possibly look into it, only to have the next retailer go out of business shortly after I start.
>>
I make $90k a year doing high end security
>>
>>72311562
how much is your bonus at that store? last one we got here was around $300
>>
>>72313406
The minimum wage workers who work for the store
>>
>>72312353
HRIS and Compensation & Benefits are two specific fields that get you paid senpai

That's what I could have for a career, but heh, trust fund kid here
>>
unemployed engineering graduate here

they told me if i got my bachelor's in engineering i'd be rolling in money and opportunity

but no i just sit here get high and play dark souls
>>
Machinist here, I think my job is real even though my trade is dying
>>
>>72313523
apply in europe. switzerland would be great to get into.
>>
>>72313343

Tiles, plush toys, electronics and plumbing components, kitchen / garden / homeware.

Mostly tiles and plush toys though.

>>72313373

There's no overhead if you have a house and can store all you import yourself then slowly sell it off, 3-4k can bring over a shipping container worth of stuff you can flip for minimum double what you paid if you can find a buyer. The hardest part is finding a buyer in Australia, and finding a contractor in China to do all the buying of stock and paperwork to get the stock to Australia.

I started out in 2011 when the Yuan was shit, but it's still pretty cheap. But securing a buyer is extremely difficult since 9/10 times people who buy stuff already have suppliers, and the more you undercut the less profit you make.
>>
File: fWAuoN9.png (51 KB, 790x553) Image search: [Google]
fWAuoN9.png
51 KB, 790x553
>>72310400
That sucks but your job title is awesome
>>
>>72310807
>a minimum wage slave in 2016 has better health care than the King of England in the 1700s

The king of England in 1700's had a house, heating, plentiful food, servants, a good wife, a good social life, children and lots more. I don't have all of that
>>
File: 14618372567751466687557.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
14618372567751466687557.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>72313435
It was around $250. We have a more competent store manager the past few years. Beforehand we'd go two we quarters with zero bonuses.
>>
>>72311764
I fuck muslim married women for money on craigslist. I have a 9" cock and they love my cut physique talking to them in sexy received pronunciation.

Most of the time my clients are in their early 20s-30s and newly married. Their "husbands" are either unemployed and always home or overemployed and never home. I once fucked a bitch in the ass while her muslim cuck boyfriend preached jihad in mosque. He was really mad but what's he going to do, hit a woman or an English Gentlemen? Those are both hate crimes. He just stomped his feet and cried while posting about muh taqiya in his mosque.

If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be the ones where the guy doesn't know. All of those girls are nice and fucked up. They dress well and talk about how stupid their boyfriends are for not catching on. They're not the party girls, but the "marriage material" that is sometimes posted on this board.

Business is incredible. I have 4 friends in London right now doing what I do full time. They pull in between 3 and 4k a night, usually boyfriends money.

Got a gf and Muslim, /pol/? I can literally guarantee she's cheating with a hung white bull. It's ok /pol/ it's expected in British society. You shouldn't settle for less and that applies to women too. They shouldn't settle for you.
>>
No. I'm doing an internship during my master studies
>>
>>72313657
You have the ability to flip a switch, and have your room light up.

The quality of life has gone WAY up over the centuries. Your failings are just that.
>>
Im still in college but i work at a factory during the summers pretty nice desu
>>
>>72313494
Who's going to take the gas cap on/off when fueling?

Whos going to check the oil levels?

Who's going to kick the tires?

Who's going check and change the temperatures on a reefer trailer?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.