[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want you to scare the shit out of me with what you know about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: Wall-Street.jpg (181 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Wall-Street.jpg
181 KB, 800x600
I want you to scare the shit out of me with what you know about Wall Street. The stuff that others don't know, conspiracies, secret information.
>>
>>72296027
Fuck off FBI
>>
>>72296027
I heard there are ghosts
>>
>>72296027
>no red pill me on x

Someone didn't read the sticky.
>>
>>72296027
They make more money from you, and take money away from you. Them getting money causes inflation, they get money, your money is worth less. The media says when they do good, its good for everyone.
>>
>>72296027
This isn't /x/
>>
Then to /x/ I will go.
>>
>>72296027
Commodities trader on the CBOE here. We're actually not evil, just fulfilling a need. Also, if it weren't for commodity traders you'd probably starve to death and never see a drop of gasoline ever again.
>>
No one on the market has much of any idea what is going on

Scary enough?
>>
>>72296027
Obama is the last president and WW3 will start this year
>>
>>72296607
>fullfill a need

WEW
E
W

WEWEWEWEWEW

kill yourself
>>
So you want to be lied to then?
>>
>>72296722
So are you going to going to go long on crude WTI to be brought down from the balkan region to be refined in Louisiana or what?
>>
>>72296027

They're every bit as greedy and corrupt as they're stereotyped as being, and invent incomprehensible schemes called financial 'instruments' to squeeze every penny they can out of their investments, as well as dodge any sort of meaningful regulation.

Also, despite most discussion about job automation focusing on the manufacturing and service sectors, Wall Street and investment in general is on the way to being mainly trading algorithms.
>>
>>72296027

The fuck is wall street anyway. From what I gather it's just a place with lots of televisions.
>>
Currently we have something in the order of 100Trillion in derivatives, with something like 20 Trillion in liabilities. This is what the American government and the people owe.Also all the tax payer revenues go to pay the interest that we owe the federal reserve . They go to the Treasury and print the money and we pay them on the interest owed. We are so broke it's not even funny.
>>
>>72296027
>former investment banker at goldman sachs who left to work at a hedge fund

>banks did not cause the financial crisis, the left did
>goldman sachs is not an evil place even tho their CEO, and COO and many others are liberal
>>
>>72296027
Wallstreet by itself snorts more coke than the rest of the east coast combined.
And insider trading is so common it's a joke. "Company x ceo is resigning sell sell sell", "company y sales down 10%, sell sell sell". You think some people didnt have a jump on apples sales numbers today? You could've made thousands if not millions today if you just knew that sales were down before the announcement. Doesn't really affect you though, only ends up scamming normies who bought into the day trading meme out of their money but then again those guys deserve it.
>>
>>72297049
Its about 60% algorithmic 40% personal. Most of the algorithmic is done in dark pools (directly through large institutions/IBs) and not on public exchanges. No matter how much becomes automated there will always be a personal element. Computers can't read people.
>>
>>72296027
Don't bother. /pol/ is pro-Wall Street.
>>
File: 1277850159592.png (13 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
1277850159592.png
13 KB, 480x323
>>72297746
>You think some people didnt have a jump on apples sales numbers today?

Don't need a jump when you got a stock market bot
>>
They mostly trade oil and coffee, water, ect in op's pic. Literally they just set the price and bargain with other people on what the price should be. Because most brokerages firms own alot of stock on the house they just tell someone they want to borrow the shares at a given price and when they are done they return them at a price both parties agree at. Those TVs tell them the price, and they constantly try and find seller and buyers. The trick if you know something is about to happen is to short the stock. You borrow the stock from the house at say 100$ a share and agree to return the stocks with a small fee. You are only responsible for the stocks you borrow AND NOT THE PRICE THEY SELL FOR. If you borrow 10000 shares at 100$ a share you only pay them the fee and return the stocks. If you guess wrong and price tanks below the price you guessed at you pay the difference AND the fee. This is called shorting a stock with a put option. That is what I know.
>>
Here you go. The market has surpassed human control and maneuvering. It is COMPLETELY controlled by AI. Companies have been set up that are simply massive servers close to the NYSE with microwave and fiber connections tot he market, the AIs then use high frequency trades to gain an edge on any humans and they compete with other AI.

They have crashed the market several times, usually it only last a couple milliseconds but it is so jarring.
>>
>>72298525
I've heard somebody back in the day cheated the stock exchange by moving servers closer to save a fraction of a second to cheat out other people. Maybe that was form a movie though.
>>
>>72298827
It's true. Now they deal in nano seconds. Spending billions to get a few feet closer to the market to gain an edge on the other supercomputers.
>>
>>72298827
it is definitely true. we have faster internet than you and we will burn you if we can. it is a zero sum game.
>>
>>72296607
All you do is move cash around from one business to the next so they can make bonuses and expand. You just speed everything up you don't provide essential functions
>>
>>72296027
You lent money to anybody. You ignored warnings about this. You bribed credit agency to give good rating to junk and sold it. You're a corporate shill
>>
>>72296607
Uh, CBOE trades options dummy.
>>
>>72299132
That's why I can sell at any time, before that happens hopefully through my etrade account. A 20% return isbgood enough for me. any idea what Lang those algorithms run on? It's gotta be something fast like C
>>
>>72299167
>Advertise on 4chan
creating market liquidity is an essential function of any commodity.
>>
>>72298827
It's called High Frequency Trading and it's a very serious issue. It's been mathematically proven to destabilize the market.
>>
>>72296027
Most trades are from algorithms designed to manipulate the stock market, doing thousands of trades every second.
>>
File: 1458193980767.jpg (11 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1458193980767.jpg
11 KB, 231x218
>>72296027
I've been investing since I was 18 years old. I'm a 56 year old man on a Wednesday morning. I work on Wall St, maybe you've heard of it? I have a portfolio that is 8 cubits long when you write it all out, and I've got so many zeros in my bank accounts (yes, that's plural) that I've lost track. Money is literally nothing to me. That's wealth, my friends.

Why am I not working, you ask? well kid, when you get this rich sometimes the work works for you. Get it? Probably not, but whatever.

Anyway here's the deal. Shit's going down. All the financials. All the non-profits. They're all going down and most are going to be bankrupt. It's time to listen to me. I've worked with the most advanced algorithms known to man. They were designed in a joint partnership between my firm and IBM. They run all day, everyday, on computers more powerful than those that can play chess. Trust me, this isn't child's play.

So, you're probably looking up at the screen with tears in your eyes, aren't you, kid? You probably want to know what you can do to prepare yourself. Well, listen up, kiddo. Buy Chinese gold and bury it. Buy rare earth metals and stuff them under your mattress. Invest in mobile apps and withdraw as much money from your banking accounts as you possibly can. In the New World cash will rule everything around you. You're gonna need envelopes. Buy water. A lot of water. Store it in drums and distill it. Food will not be a concern but water definitely will be, and you need to prepare accordingly.

So, why tell you all this? Why take a break from my busy day to share this knowledge with anonymous posters on an anonymous image board? Well, I just care. I lay awake thinking of each one of you and the pain that is about to befall you. If I can convince even one of you to prepare for the madness that is to come, I'll sleep easier. Don't do it for yourselves then, do it for me. Trust me. You don't want to get caught with your pants down on this one, kid
>>
>>72296027
bush did wall street to get their oils
>>
>>72296027
Wall street isn't real. It's basically Disney Land. They hire a bunch of extras to walk around and act like old timey business men, but none of it does anything anymore. Everything is run by computers now deep underground, some say below the trading floor itself.
>>
File: 1434510208966.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1434510208966.png
456 KB, 804x876
>>72300290
WORK ON WALL STREET AND LISTEN I'VE BEEN INVESTING PROFESSIONALLY FOR 27 YEARS AND WE JUST GOT REPORTS OF A EURO CRASH AND AMERICAN RECESSION#2 HAPPENING VERY SOON.

GET READY PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU
STOCK UP ON FOOD WATER AMMO ASAP

PULL ALL YOUR CASH OUT OF THE BANK

I CAN'T DISCLOSE MUCH INFORMATION BUT SCREEN CAP THIS IF YOU MUST.

APRIL 18th

PATH OF LIGHT

I've been running algorithms trying to disprove the fear happening right now on the floor. I've been watching this for weeks. They even gave us pamphlets about the first recession AND depression. They are preparing US. Right now there are energy companies going bankrupt. China is buying all the gold. It's happening and it's coming sooner than we thoug
>>
>>72299471
You know that the junk loans weren't a decision wall street or any private sector made... It was Bill Clinton who authorized that.
>>
>>72300290
buying rare earth metals futures right now and i am stuffing them under my mattress.
>>
>>72296027
Gonna drop a bombshell to try to save your disgrace of a campaign, eh Bernie?
>>
>>72296027

The guys that run it, and make 6 figures,are failed stem majors.

REALLY!!!!
>>
>>72301786
My boss is literally from nasa so I disagree.
>>
>>72296027
Wall Street is just a place where douchebags trade imaginary money. Nobody there is in on any of the conspiracies controlling our goverment. Mind blown?

Also this:
>>72296277
>>
>>72301786

Perfect example... they fuck up their careers as scientists, mathematicians,engineers and end up there.

Dig deeper into why he's not at nasa.
>>
>>72302021
>Perfect example... they fuck up their careers as scientists, mathematicians,engineers and end up there.
>Dig deeper into why he's not at nasa.
>>
>>72302519
>That ID

PRAISE HIM OH HOLY LORD KEK
>>
>>72297654

Also, big banks didnt want to take the bailout. They were bullied into it. The gov has actually mademoney off the loans(bailouts)
>>
>>72296027

k
>>
>>72302519
I cant tell if you're being serious but its because he makes way more money now in finance than he or anyone at anytime did at NASA. He wasnt a failed engineer by any means.
>>
>>72302728
That is correct. TARP was profitable for taxpayers, and Bank of America was forced by the government to acquire Merrill Lynch for way more than their assets were worth.
>>
Stock market was rigged . Only the rich were meant to profit off this silly little game. Anybody else was just a random anomaly.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.