[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /pol/. Why is homosexuality degenerate? Rome was all up into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1458388432488.jpg (54 KB, 640x675) Image search: [Google]
1458388432488.jpg
54 KB, 640x675
Hi /pol/. Why is homosexuality degenerate? Rome was all up into that, and they were the best empire ever

t. Straight guy
>>
File: 1456500265491.png (72 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
1456500265491.png
72 KB, 594x595
>>72290600
That's one of the reasons they collapsed retard.
>>
>>72290600

>Gaius, fetch me another slave boy to bugger and afterwards go and tell those barbarian types in the fields to potter off! Toodle-oo!
>>
>>72291002
Wasn't the reason they collapsed being unable to defend their own borders, a lack of national identity, and the rise of women's rights destroying the society they had already built? Homos had been part of the culture since greek-era times.
>>
God said so.
>>
File: CRRxEB3VAAEgc4f1.jpg (40 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
CRRxEB3VAAEgc4f1.jpg
40 KB, 1024x683
>>72290600
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay (if you're a male)

t. Milo
>>
>>72291289
>unable to defend their own borders, a lack of national identity, and the rise of women's rights destroying the society

Golly gee that sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it? I wonder why!
>>
its a mental illness

we do not promote mental illness
>>
>>72291002
How does that lead to collapse? Where the women unbearable back then too?
>>
>>72290600
No, it was very much not accepted.

Faggot emperors generally got themselves murdered pretty quickly.
>>
>>72291289
Homosexuality was common with the aristocracy which ruined and weakened the emprire politcailly and culturally.

>defend their own borders
most of the army was mostly non-Roman/Italian. The German barbarians who were part of the Roman army were the ones who sacked Rome.

>lack of national identity
Decrease worship to the Olympian gods lead to the formation of the Cult of the Emperor which wasn't very successful as the empire had became increasingly Christian so that's Constantine forced Christianity into the government which brought social unity and more power to the emperor as he was the Ruler of the Earth and got his power from Christ, ruler of the cosmos.

>rise of women's rights
I haven't heard anything about that but something similar to that is that citizenship was now given to all subjects instead being earned. That's one reason for the cult of the emperor and Christianity was part of the government; it was to bring social union when there was ethnic unity.

You're right that those things brought the collapse but the degeneracy of the aristocracy was a huge factor as well.
>>
>>72292181
>no ethnic unity was what i meant.
>>
>>72292181
How did homosexuality weaken them politically and culturally, though? I have no love for it, I'm disgusted by it, myself, but I don't see why it would put them in a weaker stance, overall.
>>
>>72292366
Earlier emperors didn't have absolute power as later emperors did because their power was shared with the aristocracy. With the aristocrats not giving a shit by doing orgies and other hedonistic acts, this lead to generals leading coups to be the emperor which weakened them politically and economically.

Culturally, this gave the plebeians disdain for Greek Classical culture as it was associated with the degenerate aristocrats. This leads to later art and Medieval art to be so abstract because they reject the naturalism of Greek art.

Many factors weakened the Empire and maybe I oversold homosexuality but it did weaken and it did have long term consequences. But it's not THE reason Rome fell,
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.