[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of hunting? What do you hunt? What gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Weatherby Vanguard.jpg (250 KB, 508x271) Image search: [Google]
Weatherby Vanguard.jpg
250 KB, 508x271
What does /pol/ think of hunting?

What do you hunt?

What gun do you use?
>>
>>72283472
It's fun.
Your mom.
My dick.
>>
>>72283472
Pretty much everything, wild game is delicious. I'll use a shotgun for any small game usually, varies depending on what I want to carry. Deer I'll use anything really, depends on what shit I'm crawling through. Bear or larger I'll use the 30-06.
>>
>>72283472
It is a worthwhile pursuit, providing the animal with a better life than farmed meat, and providing higher quality meat to the hunter, meanwhile controlling overpopulation of game species such as deer.

Deer/turkey/pigs mostly.

I use an r/d longbow, cause archery is fun as fuck, and around here you're not going to be making any distance shots anyway due to thick underbrush and such.
>>
>/k/
>>
>>72286541
>implying the average keyboard warriors of /k/ can afford guns much less possesses the stamina to go hunting
>>
>>72286541
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>72286193
Hunting bears sounds terrifying. Any cool stories?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1808x1111) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1808x1111
>>72283472
Hogs in Florida

This
>>
>>72283472
>Deer...Marlin 336
>Turkey...Winchester Super X3
>Rabbit...Ruger American in .22 LR
These are for food on my dad's land.

My dad, my brother, and I go on a quail hunt every fall. It's one of our traditions, but we pay for that. Also there are some varmints and pests that require some frequent culling including wild pig and coyote. I don't like the taste of wild pork.
>>
>>72283472
I grew up with it and love hunting to this day.

Being from Louisiana I mainly hunt whitetail deer but I've also hunted elk, alligator, squirrel, rabbit, doves, and hogs. I've seen bear and cougars out in the field and have been charged by boars on two separate occasions.

I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge for small game and when we run dogs for deer but my main weapon is a 30+ year old Remington Gamemaster .30/06 pump that my grandfather gave me. Before that I used an old .243 and occasionally I'll use my Ruger 10/22 for pests.

I worked for an outdoor outlet selling hunting and fishing equipment and I hate the current state of hunting: there is no sport in it anymore. Sniping an animal at 500+ yds or training game to come running at the sound of a feeder is not hunting, it is killing, yet people will defend it. Some say using a gun isn't sporting either and that you should use a bow or crossbow and to that I commend them but archery is too expensive and maintenance-intensive for me.
>>
>>72283472
not with that piece of shit i wouldnt
>>
>>72289005
>Sniping an animal at 500+ yds
There is nothing wrong with this, do you think hitting things at distance, even more so doing so ethically while hunting is easy?
>>
>>72283472
the duty of every white man

gonna start hunting rabbits, foxes and other pests later in the year - rabbits are tasty and foxes are $10 a scalp in my state

not exactly sure what i'll use but probably a couple bolt actions (22 and 223) and an o/u shotgun. can't go funs shopping for a few weeks because i've got a newborn son to look after
>>
>>72289194
It isn't easy at all, but realistically the animal would never know you were even there except if it happened to see you or it was downwind of you (and at that distance even smelling/hearing you is very unlikely). Also, being able to perform a clean kill shot at that distance is drastically lower than say a 250-300 yd shot. It all depends on the rifle and ammo you use as well as the size of your target: it's easier to bust and elk at that distance than say a pronghorn. If you are even a little off it'll hurt you at those distances and in the end hurt the animal.
>>
>>72289005
Stand hunting is best hunting. Running dogs takes the fun out of it. It's about planning where the best position is, and then having the patience to see your plans come to fruition. The best part about hunting is sitting there taking in nature, in my opinion. All the sounds, especially. Then you see the deer a hundred yards out and your heart gets to beating, and you line up the shot and crack a round off after you waited till the perfect angle.

I hunt duck, deer, doves, and turkey. Kind of all there is where I live in NC.
>>
>>72289584
90% of the hunting I do is stand hunting or sitting under a tree. I'm totally with you that sitting there and becoming one with nature is a feeling that transcends pretty much any other feeling in the world. Also, nothing beats taking a nap in the woods on a slow afternoon.

As far as the dogs go, it's more of group effort kind of thing: you'll have around 5 or 6 guys driving dogs for about 40-50 other people sitting in various places around the area. It's all about the brotherhood aspect more than anything and if you can direct a deer to a kid so he can get himself a nice buck it makes it that much more meaningful. I haven't been dog driving in over 5 years though.
>>
>>72289553
>It isn't easy at all, but realistically the animal would never know you were even there except if it happened to see you or it was downwind of you (and at that distance even smelling/hearing you is very unlikely)
So what?

>Also, being able to perform a clean kill shot at that distance is drastically lower than say a 250-300 yd shot. It all depends on the rifle and ammo you use as well as the size of your target: it's easier to bust and elk at that distance than say a pronghorn. If you are even a little off it'll hurt you at those distances and in the end hurt the animal.
I live in AZ and distances like that are fairly typical. I know someone who doesnt feel its sporting to take shots at a distance below 400 yards as he finds it too easy. It all depends on how often you practice and how much access you have to shooting areas that give you practice at long distance shooting.

When I first moved here from WI I couldnt even fathom hunting at that distance as even having access to hunting lands with that large of a clear space was almost unheard of.
>>
I shoot Texas hogs with a Remington 700 SPS in .308 or dogs and knives or alone with a Cold Steel spear. Javellina with an AR-15 and HK USP tactical .45 suppressed. Turkey, dove and pheasant with an Ithaca 12 gauge.
>>
>>72283472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLiohugUvgk
>>
>>72283472
Good way to get food.
Deer.
A bow nigger.
>>
Who /rem700/
>>
>>72290434
I blueprint them if that counts.
>>
>>72290065
Come bow hunting up here in Wyoming sometime.
Large forests but very little shrub growth like in WI or MI, you really have to work to sneak up on an elk from 30-50 yards when there's basically no cover whatsoever.
>>
File: 20160202_000357.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160202_000357.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I hunt every year. I love it.
I usually hunt Elk, mule and whitetail, occasionally black bear but I don't like bear meat much.
I use my .300 Win mag.
>>
I've only ever killed a deer, I used my mosin
>>
File: G28E CSASS 5.jpg (207 KB, 1024x495) Image search: [Google]
G28E CSASS 5.jpg
207 KB, 1024x495
Essential man skill.

All sorts of things.

Pic related.
>>
>>72291259
Jesus fuck, someone has more money than sense.
>>
Mossberg 500
It's sitting disassembled atm
>>
>>72288240
Not many, I've tracked a few wounded bears (grandpa has a guide service). Majority of the time it's a simple shoot and drop them, only a couple times I've been charged.
>>
>>72283472
politics?
>>
I'd like to learn some time soon, hard without access to a car though.
>>
>>72283472
Archery master race
>>
File: 1461556462240.png (695 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
1461556462240.png
695 KB, 752x1062
Kalashnikov is best for of hunting niggers.
>>
File: IMG_20151122_110414317.jpg (3 MB, 3232x2424) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_110414317.jpg
3 MB, 3232x2424
>>72283472
I live in South Alabama.

I hunt whitetail deer, turkey, wild boar, duck, geese, and squirrel.

I primarily use an AR-10, 10-22, and Remington versa max for most of my hunting unless I feel like sporting a lever-action/revolver for kicks.

I might have posted this picture before on here or /k/ but this was from early this last deer season.
>>
>>72283472
I personally dislike hunting as a sport, but fully support it as population control or if you need the meat.
>Live in Florida
Why are wild pigs the fucking worst
>>
>>72291340
>Jesus fuck, someone has more money than sense.

The US Army.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.