[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Moderate Society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: political-ideology1.jpg (74 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
political-ideology1.jpg
74 KB, 600x300
Is anyone else kinda pissed that our political parties seem to be approaching two opposite extremes? Why is it no longer acceptable to compromise? Grow the fuck up.

Even /pol/ is like this. I know it's satire, but many of you are complete dumbfucks. Why is everything to the extreme with you guys?

>NO the right is not evil
>NO the left is not evil

The answer to almost every issue lies somewhere in the middle. It's no longer about choosing what's best for the country and instead about proving the opposition never gets their way.
>>
/pol/ is a Trump board and Trump is a moderate

If you don't like his policies you are probably either a commie or a lolbertarian or a bible thumping retard
>>
i feel the same way OP. this country would be a lot better if people learned to compromise or accept that the other side may actually be right about something
>>
>>72279061
they compromised against the populace
>>
Only social liberals and neo cons.
Trump is the way, Trump is life.
>>
>>72279061
>approaching opposite extremes
Ayy stay bluepilled senpai. They're two slightly different flavors of authoritarianism. The only points they differ on are inconsequential social issues like trannies in bathrooms.
>>
>>72279181
I'd vote for Trump over Cruz or Clinton but he's hardly moderate. I don't even know if he falls anywhere on the traditional political spectrum.
>>
>>72279061
Trump is a centrist. He's actually very similar to 90s era Bill Clinton. Not his fault that "normal" Rethugs with a "serious" (meaning Neocon) foreign policy want to see America destroyed.
>>
>>72279061
>I know it's satire
You need to go back to plebbit.
>>
>>72279438
Trump is definitely extreme right on some issues. Mexicans and Muslims come to mind.
>>
>>72279061
>Why is it no longer acceptable to compromise?
How can I compromise with the democrats when they seek to eradicate my demographic and my way of life?
>>
>>72279470
Fuck you I've been here for years. If you think people don't come on here and crank all of their beliefs up to 11, you're the one from Reddit.
>>
>>72279572
I'm talking about compromises on both sides. No one is saying that the right should be the only ones to give something up.
>>
>>72279061

You're the political equivalent of that guy that nobody can go out for food with because he turns down everyone else's idea but never puts his own out.
>>
>>72279778
No, I'm the guy who doesn't care where we go because I know there's always SOMETHING on the menu that I'll like.
>>
wtf is even the difference between right and left
>>
>>72279618
That's not an answer to the question.

There is no compromise possible between "We will eradicate you" and :"I intend to survive". Either one prevails or the other does.
>>
>>72279061
Both parties are the same goddamn thing full of neoliberal whores - that's why they love the TPP
>>
>>72279912
yea lol
why cant we just all get along? :^)
>>
>>72280000
That's not what either party thinks stop being retarded. If anyone says they think that, then they're just going back to exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
Plurality in view point as well as policy is part of the reason why your country is better than my own. Our conservarive party is basically the democrats and it onky gets more and more liberal. Trump isn't radical, stop listening to the media.
>>
>>72280152
It sounds a lot better than "the party that wants to put corporations in power" and "the party that would like to put corporations in power"
>>
>>72279061
Oh, they're on the same side for everything that actually matters: ie fucking you.
>>
Because America is a first past the post system without compulsory voting, so the people elected rarely reflect the actual will of the people.

/pol/ didn't always used to be this extreme but there's been an upsurge in morons who won't even read the posts that they're replying to. Compromise isn't necessarily good, but impartiality is. The first step in any argument is to listen and understand what the actual point your opponent is making, but /pol/ users like to skip that step and just fill in the blanks with whatever point they want their opponent to make that allows them to do some good old-fashioned political grandstanding.

For example, if I say "I'm not a communist but you can't deny that the USSR industrialised rapidly under Stalin and material measures of quality of life improved drastically between 1910 and 1950, far faster than in the US" the first reply I get is always "You are a communist! Fuck off, communist!"

People are just fucking retarded.
>>
>>72279061
Who is extreme here? Noone, just sane, calm and mild tempered persons sharing or woes and ideals.
Everyone who thinks /pol/ is or uses /pol/ as satire should be executed.
>>
>>72279061
Bernie winning the nomination would have been extreme. I wouldn't consider Trump or Hillary to be extreme.
>>
File: 1459180531038.gif (165 KB, 580x2450) Image search: [Google]
1459180531038.gif
165 KB, 580x2450
>>72281372
>quality of life improved drastically between 1910 and 1950
except for the 60 million white christians the jewish led communist killed. So yeah kindly fuck off, communist... Why don't you do humanity a favor and go out to molest kangaroos until one kicks your balls off and remove you from the genepool.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.