[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the american dream still alive or is it dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14
File: keks.jpg (313 KB, 882x1036) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
313 KB, 882x1036
Is the american dream still alive or is it dead?
>>
>>72276049
yes but due to globalism the standard for the work required is higher
>>
>>72276049
Still very much alive if you pursue the right career.

Entering the already supersaturated field of law isn't the smartest way to achieve it.
>>
>>72276049
>Graduating college at 24
>Wanting to get a law degree
>All these degrees
>No work experience

It's not dead. The millennial generation is simply composed of spoiled and lazy bitches/bastards who think that obtaining a fancy piece of paper will grant them a family sustaining career.

Bitch would have been more successful if she worked her way up the ladder at the local Walmart if she started at 18 and skipped college all together.
>>
>>72276049
It's dead, but Trump wants to bring it back.

"The American dream... is DEAD." Donald Trump
>>
>>72276303
>worked her way up the ladder at the local Walmart
This generally isn't feasible. Most require a degree to advance. Hell most corporations have separate job searches for professional and labor.
>>
The American Dream...

Because you have to be asleep to believe it.
>>
>>72276303
>>72276275
>le super accomplished 4chan-tier professionals :^)
So why don't you guys hire her? She's white, american and you could possibly fuck her... I don't see any downsides.
>>
>>72276049
Feels like it's dead, but I still work for it. I'm 27 and still live with my dad while I try to save up for a place. He doesn't have a problem with it because I help him a lot when he needs it. And he feels me renting a place is a waste of money, so saving for a house is my only option.

I just wish I didn't have this damn student debt for the next 20 years.
>>
>>72276049
He's studying to enter law school. That's a full-time commitment, and it's understanding not having a full-time job.
>>
>>72276303
Walmart fires people if they work there long enough to get a pay raise
>>
It's hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by a bunch of turkeys,but yes it is still possible.
>>
Large multigenerational homes should be the norm.
>>
>>72276303
Blame the US school systems for pushing 4+ year college education over trade schools or straight work.
>>
>>72276755
Dubs of truth
>>
>>72276303
>implying teenagers are old enough to make proper life choices
>>
>>72276049
Live with your parents until you are ready to move with someone else you fucking retards. Preferably to buy a house. Strop throwing your fucking money to the wind for no reason but ego.
>>
>>72276750
Contact these people and offer them a job at your company.
>>
>>72276952
4 years is excessive time. You're supposed to use that extra time + slack school schedule to intern so that you graduate with experience.
>>
>>72276973
True.
>>
Housing market is not suitable for single living.
We can thank the kikes and women insisting they want a career leading to households earning 2 wages.
Without a broad or a roommate you're fucked.
>>
>>72276049
If your parents weren't ready to boot your ass out at 18, then they fucked up.
>>
>have rich parents
>have no talent for business
>mom can make in a week what I will make in 3 months anyway
>too lazy and unmotivated to work for a wage to be independent
>live in other house they own on their money

what to do? This life is so embrassing but so nice.
>>
>>72277644
Die a diaperbaby at 40.
>>
>>72276443
Not feasible? Pure bullshit. Becoming a general manager at walmart doesn't require a degree of any sort past high school. I used to work at one and our general manager started out as a fucking cashier.

>>72276614
Pull facts out your ass somewhere else

And I love how this article fails to mention what that faggot got his bachelors in. Something tell me it wasn't in a science since he's aiming for law school, which doesn't care what your undergrad degree is in.

Get a worthless degree. Get shit job prospects. It's not fucking rocket science
>>
>>72277644
Start being generous with your wealth and give this poorfag money.
>>
>>72276049
The American dream? It happened >>72277785
>>
>>72277644
Use your wealth to do something you think is important. You won the economic status lottery, put it to good use Ivan.
>>
>>72278155
Anything with weed should be about Canada m9
>>
>>72278207
Yeah, put it to good use by giving it to me. Student loans aren't going to repay themselves.
>>
Wasn't that just a meme to bring in immigrants in the early 20th century? Make up a bunch of folk tales about streets littered with gold coins, that kind of shit?
>>
Notice all these articles talk about "living with parents" but fail to talk about housing costs? They never mention the price of owning your own home.

They're all the same article. "LOL LOOK AT MILLENNIALS LIVING AT HOME STILL!"

How is that a surprise when you look at the average price of a home?

I sure hope they're not implying that young people should rent a slum apartment for $500-600 per month. Ew. Do that if you want to live next to a bunch of spics who have tuberculosis.
>>
>>72276303
yeah. but don't forget who raised them. You cannot blame a people who have no idea of how to think properly.

honestly it's a ton of factors.
>>
Just left my parents house way too late. I dont see the negative stigma, worked all the time, helped my family with a lot of stuff, saved most of my money. The only real time it was a problem was taking sluts home to bang. Now I make more money and live alone...cant get laid to save my life.
>>
File: 1460397999814.jpg (25 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
1460397999814.jpg
25 KB, 250x284
>>72277224
Fucking this. I get paid twice a month. One paycheck goes straight to rent and I have a roommate.

It's almost impossible to move into a new apartment or rental property with out parental help right out of college. A lot of times these places have income requirements that you won't meet if you're straight outta college, searching for a job and temporarily unemployed. Plus deposit is usually a grand or so as well.

This is all true unless you're a a lazy nigger and you can get a section 8 voucher and move in on a whim, have a bunch of kids and continue to not work because of your depression and fibromyalgia.

Seriously though, I hate millenials but the game is totally rigged when it comes to getting your first place. If it wasn't for my parents lending me a hand I would have been fucked.
>>
>>72277453
>good parents are the ones who force you to throw away your money on a place to live the moment they are legally able, even though it costs them almost nothing and they can even charge you the difference
Note: this doesn't apply to NEETs or those who act like niggers. I'd throw you out, too.
>>
>>72278419
Americans unironically believe it was a thing.
>>
>>72276468
Wow, you don't understand you want experience, efficience and dedication, trustworthy in workers.
Took the leaf bait.
>>
The main groups I see complaining about millennials not moving out and funding studies fo find out why are people who are heavily tied to real estate.

Sorry our generation doesn't feel like chaining ourselves to the eternal jew with an unfavorable housing market.

Econ professor last semester of Uni spent the entire semester complaining that his firm can't find renters anymore. His firm bought out 80% of the land around campus and price gouged the market, until he priced out all the students from being able to live there.

He can't even afford to drop prices now since him and his colleagues ruined the market, the property taxes are now too high because a bunch of mid 30s professionals bought the housing market out around his apartments and caused the market value to skyrocket
>>
File: women-laughing.jpg (55 KB, 550x327) Image search: [Google]
women-laughing.jpg
55 KB, 550x327
>>72278638
>he cant afford to pay $500/mo rent in a gated apartment complex

Sorry you're such a no-effort loser
>>
>>72279481
This makes a lot of sense now that you pointed it out. They can complain, point, and laugh all they want but that's not going to make millennials get high paying jobs so they can afford homes.

What a stupid econ prof I wonder how he got his PhD
>>
>>72279632

$500 per month apartment?

You'll be living next to white trash, spics, and section 8 negroes.

Any decent apartment is going to cost nearly the same as a home mortgage.
>>
>>72279632
>$500/month
>not a shithole surrounded by shitskins and crime
>>
>>72276973
Bad goy! You need to rent from Mr.Coinblatt's downtown luxury apartments.
>>
>>72280373
>>72280533
Spotted the millennial cucks who feel entitled to live in a "trendy" hipster metropolis.

Try living somewhere that isn't Jew York Shitty or Spic Angeles, you feckless losers
>>
>>72276049
it used to be normal once for families to stick together.
if you live with your parents just pay a share of the rent/bills and dont give a fuck about what people say.
i mean it seems to be becoming normal again.
that being said there are pros to living on your own especially if you aquire independance early on lets say with 18-20.
>>
>>72280690
>not wanting to get robbed the moment you leave your home is the same as wanting to live in a luxury apartment
>implying I live in or near a major city
Have fun paying mr shekelstien for a place to live. I'll just live with the senpai till I'm financially stable.
>>
The idea of moving out when you graduate is a holdover from the post-war period where jobs essentially grew on trees

Before that, people never really moved out. They'd grow old and die in the same house they were born in, and the same happened to their parents and their children.

But i think the concept of "family" is too weak today for something like that to work out
>>
File: Gen Y.png (25 KB, 497x652) Image search: [Google]
Gen Y.png
25 KB, 497x652
>born 1981 to 1996

That's still wrong, dumbasses.
>>
>>72276049
Trump will bring it back
>>
>>72281645
Trump is a real estate tycoon... He'll likely jack up the rents and prices even more :^)
>>
>>72276973
Amen. I know too many people who were so "desperate" to move out and now are upside down with their lease. It is even funnier when they have a financed car they can't afford, a new iphone 6, and obviously a hole in wall "luxury" apartment they cannot afford.

It is easier just to cut some rent money to your parents, pay one utility bill or two, and pay for your own food.
>>
>>72281150
it's not really hard to think why they didn't use people born from 1997-1999....
>>
File: dude.jpg (359 KB, 1108x859) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
359 KB, 1108x859
The globalized labor market means America is now open to smartass Chinese and Indians who will work harder, longer, and for less money in the white collar professions, and Mexicans who will do the same in unskilled labor.

Manufacturing has largely been offshored and automated, trades are still kind of white, but globalization puts pressure on either end of the middle class
>>
File: CglA9lTUUAILRwX.jpg (150 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
CglA9lTUUAILRwX.jpg
150 KB, 800x1200
>>72282715
adding on to that, there's also Vietnam, Russia, other countries with 100M pop who aren't completely useless

There were Chinese at my school who lived five men to a 1-bdrm and forfeited their social lives almost entirely, except for networking once or twice a month with people and recruiters from the industry who came to the Chinese Student Association meetings or whatever.

Keep in mind that unlike Africa, the populations of China and India aren't completely useless. Both countries have nuclear weapons, jet fighters, ICBMs, and so forth. China has orbiters around the moon and India has an orbiter around Mars. Even if they copied everything, that's still impressive. African countries would never be able to pull off such tech without massive outside assistance

Creativity is not needed from everyone - not everyone needs to be an inventor. A few men came up with PCs and iPhones, but even the dumbest niggers know how to use these electronics nowadays. The world needs far more drones for manufacturing, logistics, sales, etc. than it needs creative people coming up with new shit. Putting this out there because a common theme I hear is "they're all drones, they can't think for themselves, chinks aren't creative, whites still invent everything." Japan didn't invent too much completely from scratch either, they still have their megacorps.
>>
>>72281150
I liked it better than we were called Gen Y or the iGeneration.

Millennial has a negative meaning now. I don't even identify with this generation...I'm a self-employed business owner who is will inherit a family business. I still live with parents because there's no reason to leave...if I found a suitable spouse then that it when a new dwellog would become needed, not before.
>>
>Those lies your parents and adults told you how they or a friend started out small and with hard work, worked their way up the corporate ladder
>>
File: 1408069142802.jpg (90 KB, 933x960) Image search: [Google]
1408069142802.jpg
90 KB, 933x960
>>72283464
So there's a confluence of factors that are wrecking the middle and lower classes in America and Europe, which is why you're seeing the delay of moving out and forming families

The financial system is less than 50 years old - Nixon removed the dollar from its gold backing in 1971 (45 years ago). Before then, you couldn't print as much money as you wanted, because you needed the gold to back it. This fundamentally changed world economics. Now you have voodoo shit like Bank of Japan instituting negative interest rates.

Desegregation is only about 50 years old as well - before the civil rights movement in the 1960s, black and white communities were clearly defined, race roles were clearly defined, social relationships in school and the workplace were clearly defined. Desegregation happened slowly, then seemingly all at once in the late 90s and 2000s.

Cultural rot from feminism, social marxism, post-modernism, etc. is fucking with people's perceptions of work, family, and society.

Rapid technological shifts where you're expected to post your whole life online, and may be branded and labeled based on what you post (or if you choose to not participate at all)

Too many changes, all at once.

Is it a wonder people aren't moving out?
>>
File: 1449530575438.jpg (39 KB, 438x437) Image search: [Google]
1449530575438.jpg
39 KB, 438x437
>>72280373
26 year old who hass been living in that exact type of apartment for 5 years here. It's better than having to rely on your parents. Man up.
>>
>>72284326
Yeah, that BS doesn't fly anymore

If they can find a smarter 20 year old foreigner to replace you, they will. And why wouldn't they? Also, fuck your health insurance, benefits, and pension. And if they could replace that 20yo with a robot, they'd do that as well
>>
>>72284743
Sounds pretty awful
>>
>>72276049

The American Dream is on life support, OP - not dead, but it's barely clinging to life. Without Trump, it dies, and is pretty much never going to be resurrected.
>>
>>72284743
Man up weirdo
>>
>>72284968
I do not consider it to be as awful as existing solely as a parasite.
>>
>>72285339
What makes you think Trump is going to change anything? He profited greatly from the current status quo...
>>
File: 1461290279703.jpg (12 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1461290279703.jpg
12 KB, 250x201
>>72285545
I have been working tons of overtime and doing side work, saving ever since I moved in there. What more is there to do?
>>
>>72277644

Get yourself an easy part time job to not feel shame. After that, realize you've won the economic loterry. Hit up the books, become a Chess Gm, idk. Put it to good use lad.
>>
>>72284743

Create arbitrary standards of manliness that validate your sad life. Nice.
>>
>>72276049
>millenials
that fucking meme word though
>>
File: herkus-monte-arturas-slapsys.jpg (163 KB, 551x700) Image search: [Google]
herkus-monte-arturas-slapsys.jpg
163 KB, 551x700
>>72276049
>81-96
What the actual fuck, I thought millennials are like 16 year olds.
>>
File: 1461546432312.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461546432312.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>72286654
Sure thing, anon. Please tell me how your life of basement dwelling and chicken tendies is manlier than clawing your way up from nothing.
>>
>>72285727
I did overtime nonstop for over a year in production and then left once I could be readmitted to college.

Finally making good grades and got more motivation and clarity than ever before, now that I understand what I want.

Be goal oriented. Have self-advocacy. There is an opportunity for you.
>>
>>72276478
in the same boat, have a good job, but am paying heavy on loans to get them paid off faster so that i can be mostly debt free when i go to buy a house.

will prob be the difference between buying a $110K home and a $200+K home. kinda feel like it's an easy decision.
>>
>>72276049

Leslie's writing is atrocious.
>>
It's alive and well, retards just think that a fucking meme STEM degree equals success for life--not the case. There's some work involved on your part. Look at Viper the rapper. Guy puts in work into his rap songs, releases albums independently, starts his own moving company, sells crack, takes care of his kids, and he's living pretty well. It just takes some hustle. This is the country that made the man who "invented" a blanket with sleeves a literal millionaire. The American Dream is very real, my friends.
>>
I'm 24 but I still live at home because I'm mentally ill. They say people with mental illnesses shouldn't live by themselves.
</blog>
>>
>>72281081
>live with the senpai
kek'd
>>
>>72281088
this too, so many broken homes and divorced parents. there is no family home to move into after college.
>>
>>72287056
That's pretty good advice. Thanks.
>>
I moved out of my parent's house at 20. As soon as i got a full time job that would cover rent. Rent is $1200/mo in south jersey suburbs. Got 2 roommates. Moved around a few times, diff roommates. Saved all i could. FF 9 years, bought a house with the girl i been with since 1999. Got married. American dream? Dunno. But i knew since i was like 15 i wasn't going to college, because i didnt want to be in debt forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x677
Guys check out "The best of the Triggering" with Milo and Crowder. Look for special guest appearances of AIDS Skrillex,,,, Carl The Cuck, TrigglyPuff, and Queen Quran right here! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2raNlIOQg
>>
>>72287919
This is also why fuck bernie sanders.
>>
>>72281088

Either that or family units are going to repair themselves in order to live together. Theres hope
>>
>>72276049
No goyim don't stay in the house your parents pay for you must pay to rent an apartment
>>
>>72276049
nearly all real estate is kike owned and they suck the shekels right out of you.

parents home is goy owned and they let you stay for free/low rent.
>>
>>72287919

debt is perfectly fine. you should have gone to school to take more cheap debt. and then default on your debt, because that is what is being rewarded right now.

1) you cant get arrested for not paying your loans
2) loans in default dont gain any interest
3) in 20 years your loan will be easy to pay off because the federal reserve cannot stop inflation

So far Ive scored over 50k worth of "miscellaneous school expenses" that I have no intention of repaying. I could, but I wont. If there are enough assholes like me, the government will bail us out. Its funny and disgusting at the same time.
Right now its your patriotic duty to be the biggest asshole possible in the financial world.
>>
File: 1461038985703.jpg (117 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1461038985703.jpg
117 KB, 540x540
>millennial
>making enough money to live on my own
>stuck living with mom because she can't afford to live on her own and she has already ran off the rest of the family
>>
>>72288840
But what about the co-signer on those loans.
Won't the Loan-servicers come after them?
>>
>>72287403
I'm in the same boat familia

Struggling with depression and have been for years if I moved out and lived alone I would probably an hero
>>
>>72276049
its called the american dream because you have to be asleep to believe it

-george carlin
>>
>>72289076
federal loans dont need a cosigner, and its easy to get expected family contribution (EFC) to zero so they go full bleeding heart on the loan size.

I could move to another country and live a good life with the amount of money they offer.
>>
>>72288840
Yeah, on the one hand i suppose you're right. But no one ever explains the default part when you're a kid..or the debt at all, really. I thought i was ahead ofnthe curve knowing I'd be in debt. I'd say it's kinda douchy to default on loans like that, but it's knowledge is the product being sold in that case. However your credit will suck, and you need that when you want to buy a house or something.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.