[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /pol/, my Uni, being the beacon of progressive thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 340x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 340x235
So /pol/, my Uni, being the beacon of progressive thought it is, finally passed an ordinance that completely bans Tobacco on campus.

The thing is, they try to spin it in a way that's supposed to protect the entire campus' health, saying second hand smoke is their main target. But, in the ordinance, they ban ALL tobacco products, including (which pisses me off the most) e-cigs, which only has nicotine in it and no chemicals that are found in cigarette smoke. It's not even a real tobacco product for fuck sakes. It's just PG/VG with flavoring and nicotine added.

Why do these authoritarian assholes (not only on my campus but colleges across the US) think they have the right to tell grown ass adults what they can't do? I get cigarettes because there are studies that show second hand smoke can be harmful, but chew, snus and e-cigs? How do those affect anyone but the individual taking them?

I'm sure as fuck not quiting e-cigs. They got me to quit cigs and I'm not about to start using patches or gum.
>>
Good nobody wants to see you disgusting vape faggots
>>
lel the whole campus? Where are all the workers going to smoke?

Used to be you'd get picked up by campus police on suspicion of a smell of pot eminating from a window. Just the other day I saw one of the cafeteria workers sitting on a wall casually smoking a joint in full view.
>>
>following the rules
Top kike Muhammed
>>
I'd rather tolerate second hand smoke than spend any time around vaping faggots.

Why do you vape? The only reason to smoke is to look cool, vaping makes you look like a faggot.
>>
File: 1446141375489.jpg (236 KB, 588x719) Image search: [Google]
1446141375489.jpg
236 KB, 588x719
>>72262569

It's private property. Justified or not its perfectly within the right to ban whatever they want.

It does make me laugh how e-cigs rustle liberal jimmies so hard though. I don't know what its like in burgerland but over here the state has thrown billions at liberal stop smoking campaigns, for decades. Then along come e-cigs No public health campaigns, no state backing, but yet is far more successful than anything they could come up with.

Progressives would rather see millions more die than have the free market out do them.
>>
just strap a nicotine patch to your ball sack like a real man
>>
Get some fucking gum or patches you little fag, people can still breath in the vapor second hand from your e-cig that you spent 500$ modding to ensure it blows huge clouds.
>>
zero tolerance for smoking, makes it easier to enforce.
>>
>>72262942
Because you're trying to quit smoking?
>>
just shove that thing up your ass OP, it makes you look less cynical and pretentious
>>
File: gumballs.png (169 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
gumballs.png
169 KB, 600x316
>>72262569
My recycling guy tried to drop me some liquid thc shit today. I turned it down because fuck that while drive back home.

I know its strong as fuck.
had to get that off my chest

ANYWAY on the e cig topic.

I see them as great ways to quit. They really do help a lot of people quit tabacco.

My long time smokeing uncle is now going through 1 blue E cig a day instead of 2 packs of camels. They can help people

As for the hipsters who pick it up to make

"cloud art"

just let them be fucking retarded who cares.
>>
>>72262569
Are you in Illinois by any chance?

They did this to my university too, UIC. Everyone still smokes and the cops really don't enforce this rule. It's a way for the state of Illinois to generate some money from tickets. I even asked campus police and he told me that enforcing the law is very problematic, so most cops don't even bother unless they're having a bad day.
>>
>>72262569
You do realize that no one's going to give a fuck, right? Just stand off to the side and smoke anyway. As long as you're not literally blowing smoke in someone's face on purpose like a faggot, no one cares.
>>
>>72262942

>The only reason to smoke is to look cool

Are you 16? Consider this: some people actually enjoy the taste and act of smoking a cigarette.
>>
>>72262569
My school did a similar thing late into my freshman year there. Everyone ignored it pretty much as people had already designated unofficial "smoker areas" around the campus before the ban came through. The fun of attending a Southern University.

Good for you quitting cigs, OP. E-cigs aren't really a whole lot better, but we all have our vices. I can't say much though since I smoke weed daily and hookah once a week.
>>
File: Nice!.png (427 KB, 502x552) Image search: [Google]
Nice!.png
427 KB, 502x552
Just had my last day at uni lads
>>
>>72262569
everyone must be wrapped in bubble foam and have no guns for us to be safe and happy.

pretty much people are just pussy faggots, so they ban shit.
>>
>>72262569
Thank goodness. It'll create a safer environment for everyone and less cancer. Also, vaping is for faggots and your homosexuality quotient will decrease if you stop. Just be grateful that you're at a campus that will make you a healthier person. I've you've got a little bit of self-control, you'll give up. But you're probably a faggot who plays sub bottom and will keep vaping.
>>
File: 1359089657968.jpg (38 KB, 590x396) Image search: [Google]
1359089657968.jpg
38 KB, 590x396
>>72264446
Nice! Now go out there and make the world slightly less shitty!
>>
>>72264228
Not to mention if it's a real cigarette and you don't smoke all the time it gives you THAT FEELING.

So glad I never got hooked on it, but vaping just doesn't satisfy unless you're already a nicotine junkie.
>>
Smoking is for degenerates

E cigs are for gigantic faggots. May as well tattoo a giant cock on your forhead

Faggot
>>
>>72262569
>Why do these authoritarian assholes (not only on my campus but colleges across the US) think they have the right to tell grown ass adults what they can't do?
Because it's their private property.

50 something years ago, you used to be able to tell niggers and faggots to GTFO too.
>>
My uni banned smoking a while back. Good riddance, the place was dirty enough as it is. And luckily it was before you autists latched on to vaping.
>>
OP, some nicotine gum in the US have nicotine thats origin isn't from tobacco, technically you can fool the system that way
>>
>>72263317

Lots of the universities that are doing this kind of thing are publicly funded. Very few universities receive public funding, and if they do, they shouldn't be allowed to make rules like this on campus
>>
>>72262569
Nobody likes you.
Try smoking like a real man you pussy.
>>
>>72262569
good. you're a degenerate and you need help to overcome your faggy addiction.
>>
I was always a Trump-like "no alcohol, no drugs, no coffee" kind of guy but it does amaze me the overreaction people have towards e-cigs. I just don't care about them but most people, regardless of political affiliation, seem to have some sort of seething hate towards it.
>>
>>72262569
IT'S JUST WATER VAPOR BRO
>>
>>72264713

>state funded university
>private property

Hmmm
>>
>>72264777
>and if they do, they shouldn't be allowed to make rules like this on campus
You're so mad about your mouth fedora that you seem to be oblivious to the logical equivalencies you're setting precedent for.
>>
>>72264228
Only because they are addicted to nicotine. And they are addicted to nicotine because they started smoking to look cool when they were 13.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Smoking and vaping are just pointless addictions. I stopped 3 months ago and feel way healthier. Vaping you just throw your money down the drain into mods, rda's, rba's, juice, coils, etc... to just keep that "fix" and same for smoking to get the fix.

Have some willpower and quit already.
>>
>>72263639
So stop smoking, don't be a little faggot about it.
>>
>>72265005
Yes. It's private property.

The government pays them to provide a service to you. The terms of that service do not state that they have to allow you to exercise your right to tip your mouth fedora.
>>
>>72262942
Probably because they're trying to quit smoking. Simpleton.

OP, they don't care about your health or anyone else's. It was never about health.
(smoking actually saves the NHS money over here simply because they die younger and don't need common expensive operations that come with old age). It's entirely about control.

Just spark up somewhere quiet on campus if you need a smoke.
>>
>>72265237
Similarly, you can't do it in a court room either, so if you're making a public property equivalency fallacy it's a pretty retarded one.
>>
>muh e-cig
>B-but they help quit
Yeah no it's the same fucking shit you're just gonna smoke the mouth fedora for the rest of your life, it's about as unhealthy as the normal cigs plus you look like a total moron
>>
>>72263639
So stop. Mission successful.
>>
>>72262569
I know at my campus they banned it because the cancer society told them to or they would stop donations and giving them grant money. Probably the same thing at yours.
>>
>>72265181
You forgot pro tip: you can't
>>
>>72262942
The anti-vape reverse-hipster thing on 4chan makes me laugh everytime.
>>
>>72262569
Quit being a pussy. Iowa banned smoking and vaping not long after it came out. If you can't stand it, buy snus or quit crying like a bitch and smoke off campus like everybody else does.
>>
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>72264976
The contrarian roots run deep on /pol/.
>>
>>72264976
I don't give a shit about e-cigs.

You know what my problem is?

>be taken in as a guest on private property
>bitch and moan when that comes with requirements of conduct
>>
My campus is smoke free.
People huddle around outside entrances and smoke anyway.
Smoke free campus initiatives are completely toothless, passed by student councils to put on their resumes, and no one is going to bother even attempting to enforce it.
>>
>>72265385

>smoking actually saves the NHS money.

Tobacco use costs the NHS 2 billion pounds a year. That isn't "saving money" it is just pissing more money down the drain for a shitty habit. Not to mention have seen pulmonary eema or COPD in person? It is absolutely disgusting and amazing how much cigarettes can fuck you up.

http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_121.pdf
>>
>>72262942
Because I have COPD
>>
why do you want cancer
>>
>>72266155
You know what pays for smoking? Taxes on tobacco. It's just over £10 for 20 pack of Marlborough here and I'm not even in London. Most of that is tax which actually covers more than the cost of tobacco related illnesses to the NHS.

If you want to talk about the state of the NHS look at how much obesity costs. Obesity related illnesses cost the NHS more than alcohol and tobacco combined. So actually, of all the vices, smoking is the least damaging to the NHS.
>>
Most US colleges in New York have signs that say gun free, tobacco free, and dry campus (no alcohol).

All to help remind everyone that you're not actually an adult despite your puberty changes, but you're still a little retard in a continuation of high school.
>>
it's not about the smoke it's the nicotine that is being targeted
https://examine.com/supplements/nicotine/
>Nicotine may also act as an anti-estrogenic compound, inhibiting aromatase and one of the two estrogen receptors directly;
it's a feminist plot to weaken the male population of the world
>>
>>72262569
Good. Smoking is the most degenerate thing of all, addictive poison that does nothing. At least weed gets you high.

Unless you are trying to quit cigarettes, vaping is just for faggots anyway.
>>
>>72265181
I started smoking at 21. It feels amazing. Just noticed I've been smoke free a year now though.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.