[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump Makes Dramatic Turnaround on Eliminating National Debt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1200x-1.jpg (94 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200x-1.jpg
94 KB, 1200x675
What is going on with him lately?

>Last month, the Republican presidential front-runner made news when he told the Washington Post that he'd push to “get rid of the $19 trillion” national debt “fairly quickly,” estimating the effort could be completed “over a period of eight years.”

>But in an interview with Fortune published April 21, Trump seemed to walk it back, rejecting the idea of eliminating the national debt within 10 years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-04-22/trump-makes-dramatic-turnaround-on-eliminating-national-debt
>>
Has he been baiting all this time? He seems to backtrack on a lot of things lately.
>>
>>72249617

I agree! I was on board with Trump since day one, but after seeing this Bloomberg article, I'm afraid I just cannot stay with Trump any longer.

I'm now a #cruzmissile, and if you were smart, you'd be, too!
>>
Anders missed you unfortunately.
Breifist.
>>
File: infra-spending-2.png (20 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
infra-spending-2.png
20 KB, 600x450
There's no reason to eliminate the national debt when there are tons of worthy causes to spend money on such as defense and public infrastructure which Obama has sorely neglected in favor of free money for wall street and Tyrone.
>>
File: stonetheman.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
stonetheman.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
Why pay back debt when you are the creditor?
>>
>>72250065
In fact at this point the only thing that could save the economy would be some deficit spending similar to that during the Regan administration.

http://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-chart-that-explains-everything/
>>
>>72250200
because mouthbreathers don't understand the way it is, so "bad debt" and "balanced budget" etd buzzwords are good for public rhetoric. if he has any sense, he won't do it.
>>
>>72250382
Honestly if he just keeps his promise of stopping the nation building and focuses on domestic affairs, he can just grow the GDP and "balance the budget".

Obviously he can take out ISIS but enough of this nation building.
>>
>>72248906

I can't be bothered to google it myself but I seem to recall many years ago Trump saying something along the lines of wanting to raise a single one off tax on the wealthy to attempt to clear the debt.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is planning something like that still and keeping it quiet, he has said many times when he has spoken about defense issues that you shouldn't make every plan public.

It might just work, a sudden one off tax avoids most of the problems with taxation (i.e that wealthy people just leave and you collect less) and would be better for everyone, including those who have to pay the tax, in long run.
>>
>>72248906
He will be adding 25 trillion to it
>>
>>72250724
>fake billionaire
>taxing the rich
DELUDED DRUMPFKIN
>>
File: trump blacked.jpg (237 KB, 1200x464) Image search: [Google]
trump blacked.jpg
237 KB, 1200x464
It's almost like everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie and he only says what is convenient for him at any given moment

>he actually believes Trump will build a wall

How can you be so dumb!
>>
>>72248906
Do you not realize it'll $21 trillion by the time Trump is President?
>>
>>72248906
>>72251333

There is literally nothing trump could say that would cause /pol/ to not support him.
>>
>>72251575
>"Sorry"
there
>>
why would the debt matter if the currency broke down anyway.
>>
>mfw /pol/ suddenly justify national debt because Trump
>>
File: Dollars.jpg (121 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Dollars.jpg
121 KB, 620x387
>>72252429
Why would the Dollar break down at his watch?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.