[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convert me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: religions.jpg (189 KB, 2041x2055) Image search: [Google]
religions.jpg
189 KB, 2041x2055
/pol/, I want to be religious but I simply can't believe a lot of the stuff in the bible, Noah's ark etc, and I don't know enough about any other religon to practice it. I feel being religious would give me better morals, something to fight for and something to give me some sort of place in the world.

Convert me to your religion /pol/.
>>
Fight for God-Emperor Trump.
>>
File: 1458849116957.jpg (123 KB, 911x607) Image search: [Google]
1458849116957.jpg
123 KB, 911x607
>>72238215
Kekist- Trumpism is the official religion of /pol/

Abrahamists need not apply
>>
>>72238215
Old testament is non-canonical anon
Focus only on the new testament
Old testament is the shit-tier section where god is a total dick and where all the crazy shit comes from
>>
>>72238639
Old testament is irrelevant because Jesus died for our sins my man
>>
>>72238215
>I simply can't believe a lot of the stuff in the bible, Noah's ark etc

Just please give this a whirl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfffRl4RT4s

The vast overwhelming majority of people only know these stories from a Biblical fairy tale persepctive, they don't bother actually reading the story as it is written in the Bible, they more or less know it based on movies and Veggie Tales cartoons.
>>
I'm into Soto Zen.

According to Soto Zen, there's no way of knowing if there's anything after death, except that you are reincarnated in the most abstract way - your body rots, which gives nutrients to other living organisms. You are part of this world, and you continue to be after death because everything you are continues on - your body becomes nutrients for plants and animals. You yourself won't experience anything after you're dead because your fucking brain will rot. But your experiences as a person will continue on. Everything you value will continue on. The feelings you have are universal among people, and for the most part among living organisms in general - the overwhelming power of beauty, the feelings of love, fulfillment, and sorrow. You are just one part of a grand system that continues on.

The main practice of Soto Zen is zazen, or sitting meditation. The purpose of this kind of meditation is awareness. When you feel things or have bad thoughts you don't fight them. Instead you accept them, observe them, and let them pass. You don't get attached to them. The effect of this is a greater sense of well-being, since you learn to accept negative thoughts and feelings but don't allow them to affect your actions or consume you, and more importantly, focus - this practice allows you to look past distractions and see with clarity what you need to do.

Soto priests are not holy or authority figures. It's merely recognized that they've gained some insight through years of meditation practice, so they can help guide people in the right direction.

Nowadays even most monks are married and have jobs. It is notable, though, that most monks and senior zen practitioners abstain from drug use and alcohol, and most are vegetarians.
>>
File: 1458932525883.png (61 KB, 776x776) Image search: [Google]
1458932525883.png
61 KB, 776x776
>>72238215
Kek will show you the way
>>
>>72238215
Being in a religion isn't about the obviously fictional stuff in the book.

It's about a book laying out the way to run a community/society/civilization.

Mormonism seems like a pretty good one. If you are rich they will give you multiple young wives you can creampie everyday as the government pays your "single mothers" to pop out more whites for once.
>>
File: circle.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1147) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
159 KB, 1280x1147
>>72238215
I'll help you decide..Im going to ask you a Hypothetical question..Since it is Hypothetical allow me to set it up.

Let us assume that an afterlife has been proven real, it is undeniable to anyone. Its is as valid as 2+2=4. Let us further assume that not only is an afterlife real, but EVERYONE (except suicides) gets to go..

Now here is your question...How do you think the world would change but more importantly how do you think YOU would change?
>>
I like Buddhists for the simple fact that I never even know they're buddhists unless I explicitly inquire.

Jewish intellectual tradition and Jewish humanism are cool thought systems that resemble existentialism. My only hang up with Judaism is that I've met Jews who disliked muslims for the simple fact that they were muslim.

My experiences with Islam have been mixed. Some muslims seem to emphasize inter-religious peace because of all the Jihadist bullshit, and these people are genuinely really cool. The muslims I've met in West and North Africa have all been very welcoming, and I've been here for years. That said, I had some weird experiences in Turkey, including a guy who treated me like shit specifically because I'm not muslim. Frankly, I wanted to bash his brains into the pavement.

I generally dislike Christianity because this is the one religion where people have gotten agitated for the simple reason that I don't believe in their vision of god, as if me being a non-believer were infringing on their rights. Weirdly, the protestants tend to be much more judgmental than the Catholics in my experience.

Hinduism's believe system is the most fucked up because the caste system is so important to it, which has dictated Hindu society's structure and economy for so long. But Hindus are actually the coolest of any in my experience. They all recognize the caste system is fucked up and are against it. They're less judgemental than any other religion, even the Buddhists, who can tend to have a holier-than-thou vibe. Hindus I've met can be critical of Islam and Islamic terror, but they'll also speak out against anti-Islam violence. It seems like in every instance, Hindus are actually the most for peace. Plus, desi girls are hot.
>>
>>72241655
what do you mean? Everyone goes to heaven or is there is still heaven and hell?
>>
>>72243081
dont think too hard about it, just answer..dont add anything dont subtract anything...just answer the question. I have been doing a study of sorts over the last four years on the morality of religion. Answer and Ill share what I have learned thus far. It is not as I expected desu.
>>
>>72238215
you can try to think of many of those things as with scifi or something like that, to try to explain them in some way. most of old testament is repackaged sumerian myths, so that'll help.

example, flood could've happen because of a polar shift. noah's (ziusudra's) ark didn't literally take one of each animal, but their "seed" or dna code to repopulate later. elohim/angels are annunaki, you can think of them as both aliens and extradimensional/"spiritual" entities.

old testament itself worships jehovah/yhwh/el, the golden calf deity, also known as saturn to the romans, so be careful about that one. jews (who jesus called synagogue of satan, and their "heavenly father" el the devil and a murderer) have corrupted the texts immensely for the past several millennia.

keep jesus's teachings in mind. don't fall for protestant meme that idolatry of his name will save you. don't fall for catholic meme that man-made sacraments will save you. jesus's teachings are the most important thing in the bible. everything else is secondary, and old testament is more useful for backstory of jews and as a guide for interpreting things such as prophecies.

think in symbols. jesus spoke in parables, you need to use your brain to understand what he meant, not take it all literally.
>>
>>72238639
if you read into it more (esp. using old hebrew sources which didn't change or erase things like names), you'll find OT god's name is el (el shaddai, el elyon, etc).

and if you check canaanite pantheon, you'll find el is there as well, except he's the golden calf god. the demon jews would constantly defect to.

old testament has been subverted and corrupted long ago, it's not useful except for some backstory purposes.

and yeah, ot is irrelevant. jesus's teachings are all that matter in the bible. everything else is deception.
>>
>>72238215
>I simply can't believe a lot of the stuff in the bible

have you been diagnosed with autism? a good chunk of atheists are autists. autism makes you unable to decipher metaphors and metaphoric language.
>>
>>72244330
So omnipotent deity could not write a book that targeted readers would understand. And he is a single dad, no gf. Nice.
>>
>>72244782
while i don't believe el is omnipotent, even if he did write the book, who held on to those texts for millennia? jews.

considering they're rewriting the bibles to this day, injecting political statements like obey the government, removing things and such, think how much damage could've been done in the last 2000 years.

changing sabbath to sunday was the least of its problems. the bible says those who base their salvation on observing of times (such as observing sunday or sabbath as holy) will not be saved. but the change is there, so it's only natural the bible is not infallible. there is no write protection on it.
>>
>>72242265
>Weirdly, the protestants tend to be much more judgmental than the Catholics in my experience.

Not weird at all. Catholicism as a belief system may be centralized but it is flexible and mature. They believe generally in science and the preservation of knowledge. Protestants are still young, theologically, and Evangelicals even more.
>>
>>72245096
I was under impression biblical texts are considered sanctrum by the church, directly written and kept under holy spirit's guidance. Which makes sense, if Big guy bothered with this he would make sure his written word is unchangeable.

if you think those texts are corrupt might as well throw them away, no way to tell which parts are truths and lies
>>
File: 56377985_p1_master1200.jpg (105 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
56377985_p1_master1200.jpg
105 KB, 480x344
Waifuist here. Personalized goddesses is where its at.
>>
>>72245268
Isn't it protestans who have female priests, gay marriages and etc? You can basically start your own church there, making up stuff as you go.
I could not ever become a protestant, too chaotic.
>>
>>72238215
Start your own religion, Anon. The greatest sense of spirituality comes from within.
>>
File: psy.jpg (334 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
psy.jpg
334 KB, 640x427
serious post: smoke weed for a while, then try LSD, and finally, drink ayahuasca with a shaman. you will find your own religion, instead of following a dogma invented by others
>>
>>72244306
Please, post a proof.I am up for a good read.
>>
>>72245561
that's the problem. why do you think revelation says satan has deceived the whole world?

christians are just as deceived as everyone else, especially those who place their trust in el/saturn, not in jesus's teachings and way of life.

this is also why jesus stressed on having good judgement, and be critical of these things. you have a brain, use it to look for things that make no sense or contradict others rather than blindly believing everything written in a book because it's called holy.

if you look at the original texts for both old and new testament, you'll find an interesting thing. in ot yhwh's name is mentioned several thousand times, stressing how important it should be.

in nt not even once, showing how unimportant he is, and from that (and some of jesus's comments, as well as judging yhwh by his fruit, like slavery, oppression, war, death) you can gather that yhwh is not related to jesus in any way, and he's definitely not the loving father jesus speaks of.
>>
>>72241655
Arrarat mountain is not incide this circle, and Noah swam to Ararat.First thing I came up with.
>>
>>72238215

If you do STEM, the logic of Buddhism will appeal to you.
>>
>>72245982
Just like L.Ron eh? Someone knows where the money is.
>>
>>72238215
Bro if you don't belive the bible, just don't.
If you want morals then get a family,job and get a hobby that will give you a reason to get up in the morning
>>
>>72246096
http://www.bayithamashiyach.com/Scriptures.html
you have the bibles in some of their oldest versions here, with translations attached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_%28deity%29
>"El" (Father of Heaven / Saturn) and his major son: "Hadad" (Father of Earth / Jupiter), are symbolized both by the bull, and both wear bull horns on their headdresses.
saturn and jupiter, or kronos and zeus.

>The mysterious Ugaritic text Shachar and Shalim tells how (perhaps near the beginning of all things) Ēl came to shores of the sea and saw two women who bobbed up and down. Ēl was sexually aroused and took the two with him, killed a bird by throwing a staff at it, and roasted it over a fire. He asked the women to tell him when the bird was fully cooked, and to then address him either as husband or as father, for he would thenceforward behave to them as they called him. They saluted him as husband. He then lay with them, and they gave birth to Shachar ("Dawn") and Shalim ("Dusk").
and he's apparently a horny guy. doesn't sound much like the "supreme omnipotent deity" as much as it sounds like he's just a regular joe with special powers, does it?

>Ēl is introduced dwelling on (or in) Mount Lel (Lel possibly meaning "Night")
lel

el has existed long before the bible, and was much more human than what the jews turned him into.
>>
>>72238215
I forgot to say but i guess i must:
Things like religion will not give you morals if you already know that they are false. You will just feel like they try to brainwash you with false things mate.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.