[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"E-cigarettes are safer than regular cigarettes. Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: CRP_0053.webm (3 MB, 634x1080) Image search: [Google]
CRP_0053.webm
3 MB, 634x1080
>"E-cigarettes are safer than regular cigarettes. Don't let Big Tobacco kill you!" *adjusts fedoras* *vapes*

Oh. Is that so?

>Owner of Brooklyn vape shop where 14-year-old was blinded was previously convicted in bath salts ring

>The owner of the Brooklyn e-cigarette shop where a 14-year-old boy was blinded when one of the devices exploded in his hands was previously convicted for his role in a ring selling illegal bath salts, The Daily News has learned.

>a 14-year-old boy was blinded when one of the devices exploded in his hands

>blinded when one of the devices exploded in his hands

>the devices exploded in his hands

>exploded in his hands

>exploded

Think again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/owner-shop-vape-exploded-boy-busted-bath-salts-article-1.2615333
>>
I really, REALLY, don't care.
>>
>>72224444
I checked those digits and agree 100%. OP's subject has little to nothing to do with politics and current news.

Here, OP:
>>>/b/
>>
File: 18n2the7kw26zjpg.jpg (52 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18n2the7kw26zjpg.jpg
52 KB, 636x358
>being surprised when some idiot fucks up with electronics
k
>>
>>72224390
Nigger did you seriously just pull a "we need to ban stuff for the sake of the children argument?"
>>>leddit
>>
>>72224390
Its a well known fact vaping is for nu-male faggots either smoke or dont smoke but dont vape
A newport has never exploded in my hand and blinded
>>
So fucking what?

Your car could explode at any time.

Just because you lack the discipline to quit the burning Jew-stick doesn't mean that the alternatives are shit.
>>
> "The clerk plugged an e-cigarette into the wrong battery and it exploded in the child's hands."

How many idiots have set themselves on fire trying to light cigarettes in stupid ways?
>>
>/pol/ unironically defending vaping douchebags
Holy shit did nu-males overrun /pol/ in the past year well i was gone?
>>
>>72225190
>unironically making assumption about people on an anonymous website

wew lad
>>
>>72224390
Who is she?
>>
>>72224390
>smoking anything other than a cigar once every few months
>not disgustingly degenerate
Pick one fags
>>
>>72224390
TOBACCO JEWS ARE LYING
>>
Only and exclusively if you buy the cheap shit made in China it explodes.
>>
>>72224821
>newport
Nigger detected
>>
vaping as a hobby is full fedora, but still vaping is a legitimate and effective way to quit smoking
the war against vaping is funded by the big tobacco jews
>>
>>72225716
>degenerate
who the fuck cares?
>>
>>72224390

I quit cigs a over a month ago. Actually Trump inspired me.
>>
>>72224390
who is fluid druid?
>>
Turns out he was jumped for this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIfOYGPGEo
>>
>>72224390
Just don't buy Chinese batteries.
>>
>>72225853

This, it's Brooklyn too. They're ordering $6 vape kits off chinese wholesale sites and selling them to 14 year olds for $150.
>>
>>72224390
Yo whats going on in this webm
>>
>>72224390

>e-cigs arent safe because a guy sold some kids bath salts!

what?
>>
>>72224666

It offends me to call this shit electronics. They are often nothing more than a coil with wicking, a mechanical switch and a battery.

No temperature protection of the battery/wick, no current limiting, no nothing. Fucking death traps.
>>
>>72226440
Yeah, they get like 90amps out of the thing. Prepare for a bad time.
>>
>>72226411
AMERICAN SCIENCE
>>
>>72225190
Welcome to nu/pol/
>>
>>72226440
>No temperature protection of the battery/wick, no current limiting, no nothing. Fucking death traps.
even the cheap ones have stuff to protect for those kinds of things. It's the "fancy" mods that have all those limiters taken off so fags can blow giant clouds, those are the ones that blow up.
>>
>>72226123
>the war against vaping is funded by the big tobacco jews
No, it's regular people who are sick of faggot hobbyists making candy-flavored mushroom clouds in public spaces. I quit using it because of those faggots.
>>
>>72224444
>>72224544
>>72224666
>>72225011
>>72226411
>>72226599
Why is Kek so into this thread?
>>
>>72224390
>plugged an e-cigarette into the wrong battery

So it was human error.
>>
>>72224390
in other news, lithium batteries are inherently a fire hazard and can explode of overcharged
or exposed to too much heat
>>
>>72226440
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>72226768
Kek shitposts in the worst of threads, just like us
>>
>>72224390
Ahahahaha, this is why you avoid mechanicals.

Quick lesson for the anti-vape brigade:

Regulated mod: An e-cigarette which contains a computer chip. This computer chip helps to regulate current being drawn from the battery, detecting when potentially dangerous discharges occur and cutting power to protect the user.
Typically allows you to vary power level and monitor the level of charge in the battery.

Mechanical mod: Literally just a piece of metal with a high-discharge battery inside. When the user presses a button, it completes the circuit and begins draining current from the battery at a rate which varies according the electrical resistance of your heating elements.
Favoured by many vape hobbyists because it can allow higher performance than most regulated mods.
Because there is no computer chip inside, these devices are a LOT more prone to malfunctions. If they try to drain too much power from the batteries too quickly, the batteries can overheat and explode.

Source: I work in a vape shop and we don't sell mechanical/unregulated mods because we actually care about our customer's safety.

By all means, laugh at people who do dumb shit with vapes and get hurt because of it, but don't assume that all e-cigarettes are the same.
>>
>>72227122
I eat hair
>>
>>72226440
See
>>72227159
>>
>>72227122
DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS
>>
>>72227122
Yea you'd know about shit wouldn't you Pajeet "Poo out of the Loo" Mattu
>>
Druggies make me sick, and I think we should fully legalize all their smack, dope, wang, wizzy, pot, poo, dang, anything and everything they want to do so they all die.
>>
>>72227159
Your vape store must be fucking garbage. Instead of not selling massively superior devices you could educate people on completely basic electronics.

My vape shop sells batteries with complete specification manuals, all while having little booklets explaining the conversions from volts/resistance to current and then to watts.

Mech mods are not prone to malfunction at all if you have a completely basic idea how electronics work.

A simple mod that has a 18650 that grounds to itself actually has less chances to malfunction compared to mods with chips inside and you're a fucking dumbshit nigger basically.
>>
>>72228736
caffeine is a drug too f a m. Nicotine and Caffeine are both neurostims. Nicotine isnt the danger, the tar and added chemicals are.

>>72224390
thats a mechanical fault, not a tobacco fault. If the kid died from the substance itself you'd have more of a point.
>>
File: url.jpg (174 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
174 KB, 640x484
>>72228868
Chill out man.

I can't wait until I'm down to zero nicotine and can stop using my device. I fucking hate being associated with the fedora faggots using vapes and pushing "vape culture." I used it to quit smoking, not look edgy.
>>
>>72229909
I used vapes to quit dipping, weed, and smoking. Doesn't mean you gotta be uneducated like Mohammad.
>>
>>72228868
>massively superior devices

Not so superior when they are literally blinding and maiming people.

The vast majority of people don't want to learn about electronics, they want something safer and/or cheaper than cigarettes.

You have one part of the market, I have another.

How many store does your company have? Mine has over 50 stores and is the biggest in the UK.

Go ahead and cater to the 10% of the market that gives a shit about voltage drop, I'll be here helping more people quit and making more money.
>>
>>72230122
>biggest in the UK
Not saying much you fucking coon. They aren't literally blinding and maiming people, these are very isolated accidents with complete idiots who are likely to die later in their lives by touching the electrical outlet with a fucking fork.

And I don't work for a vape shop since I'm not a fucking failure, I'm an electrical engineer.
>>
>>72230306
>I don't work for a vape shop since I'm not a fucking failure
>My vape shop sells batteries with complete specification manuals

You're a failure at communications then man.

Look, to someone who actually understands electricity and battery safety like you, mechanical mods can be great.

For Joe Bloggs who doesn't know and doesn't WANT to know about the finer points of electrical engineering, they are much better off with a regulated mod.

Outside of additional safeguards, ease of use is significantly higher in regulated mods, and having a built-in ohmmeter and voltmeter makes it even easier for people who understand the numbers to monitor how their device is performing.

Don't get salty because I said I don't like mechanical mods. If they work for you, that's great. They're not perfect for everyone.

As an allegory, you might think driving stick is the greatest thing ever (and I would agree), giving you a greater degree of control over your automobile.

But driving an automatic is still good for people who aren't so great at driving and just want something easy to use.
>>
>>72224390
My cousin got 3rd degree burns on his arm from smoking while pumping gas. You play stupid games you win stupid prizes. That shop owner was obviously a moron due to both his previous conviction and the fact the kid was underage. No doubt it was some kind of stupid "mod" that cranked way to much amperage so he could "cloud chase" or whatever dumbass thing they are calling it now. I have been "vaping" (I hate that term BTW) for three years as a cigarette replacement. I have saved a shit load of money and my lung capacity has improved a great deal. Fuck off with your nanny state bullshit
>>
>>72229683
Most of the chemicals aren't added they just come naturally from combustion if tobacco. Combustion of marijuana has a lot of the same ones too.
>>
>extract thc from mariJEWana
>dissolve thc in your favorite vape juice
>hit that shit in front of cops on the street

Feels good senpai
>>
Blame China for their faulty craftsmanship. Trump will fix this.
>>
>>72224390
This girl I bang had her cousin die from an e-ciggarette. It exploded and some piece of metal shot into him and he cooked from the inside out in his driveway and his car was engulfed in flames.
>>
>>72224390
>shitty fake battery explodes
>VABING IS EBUL GUIS :DDDDDD

What kind of nigger are you?
>>
>>72224821
k nigger
>>
>>72238333
>>72239444
trips combo breaker
>>
>>72226440
My cousin in law (?) works in a medical implant engineering firm. Their newest contract is with Phillip Morris to design better e-cigs.

Most of the engineers are bitching that they wanted to make things to help people, like cyborg hearts and shit. He's looking forward to a bonus.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.