[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on the Panama Papers, /pol/. I mean I'm all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: panamapapers.jpg (218 KB, 955x500) Image search: [Google]
panamapapers.jpg
218 KB, 955x500
Red pill me on the Panama Papers, /pol/.

I mean I'm all for people being able to do what they want with their money but we live in a society and it's clear that the rich aren't paying their fair share in taxes by cheating the system.

Explain to me how this is okay, how it's okay for governments around the world to do nothing to stop this.
>>
>>72219583
It's well understood that it's an intelligence controlled leak. The only "culprits" mentioned are those that are against globalization. Go away.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/12/swiss-banker-whistleblower-cia-behind-panama-papers.html
>>
>>72219775

I don't see how that changes anything, just means there are even more people involved in this sort of cheating of the system that we don't know about, doesn't it?
>>
>>72219583
The leak has been very legit so far and caused a lot of upset at least on the old continent. However ICIJ is funded by some questionable people and the fact that the data is and will be kept hidden leaves many wondering that are we getting the whole truth and has the data been tampered with. Some even claim that it's been done to remove competition from the United States based tax-havens.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-27/the-world-s-favorite-new-tax-haven-is-the-united-states

However I doubt leaking something like this would be of the best interest for the united states. It'll only encourage people to leak more secrets about government and corporate wrong doings which probably goes against US interest. Not only that it has made Europe ever more cautious about Free Trade deals and regulations against super corporations.

However it's not about rich being able to avoid taxes it's more about the rich being able to anonymously fund, support, buy and deal all sorts of other questionable and possibly criminal activity.
>>
>>72219583
Basically what we knew but not properly wiki leaked yet.
>>
>>72221959

Yeah but whether it's the whole truth or a manipulated truth it's still the truth, i.e. it's obvious that there are many rich people involved in these sorts of shady dealings to avoid paying their fair share to society by cheating the system.

idk how to feel when something this big comes out and no government authority really does anything about it. This shit is still going on everywhere I'm sure. "Tax-haven" shouldn't even be a thing, whether U.S.-based or otherwise.
>>
>>72222624
>a manipulated truth it's still the truth
lel
>>
>>72219583
Tax havens are not some big conspiratorial secret. Jesus Christ, people are completely clueless when it comes to economics, finance and accounting.
>>
>>72219583
32 trillion dollars in offshore tax havens documented from a handful of offshore firms that worked with that one office

estimated 8 quadrillion dollars tired up in tax havens globally

Somehow the economy is still not recovering and we have no middle class

Thanks capitalism
>>
File: swiss-flag.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
swiss-flag.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
>>72219775

>swiss banker whistleblower

literally damage control from the mountain jew

their entire fucking economy is based on being a parasite on the world
>>
>>72222714

To be more specific: the manipulation is people are saying they only released info on a few people to oust certain detractors to globalization, or to remove competition from US tax-havens. For some political purpose only certain names were revealed.

The point though is that 1) they actually did this shit, and 2) there are a lot more we don't know about yet.

It's like the tip of the iceberg, most of it is underwater where you can't see it. That's what I meant by manipulated truth is still truth. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest the panama papers are false, in fact people have resigned over the info being released.
>>
>>72222624
I bet you'd have to be a real expert to work out the difference between the truth and the manipulated half truth.
>>
>>72223063
Exactly. Hear, but don't believe.
>>
>>72222857

That's not capitalism. I don't know what gave you the idea that we live in a perfectly free market.

"Tax" is in the fucking name of "Tax haven". Who creates tax havens? Governments.
>>
File: Justasplanned.png (1 MB, 967x1982) Image search: [Google]
Justasplanned.png
1 MB, 967x1982
>>72219583
>>
>>72223094

The point is that this is happening on a large scale, hidden, and no one is doing shit to stop it or fix it.

Because it seems like you're implying these are all lies and tax haven bullshit doesn't ever actually happen. Certainly not on a large scale with trillions if not more dollars.
>>
>>72223192
Are you fucking retarded. What sort of mental gymnastics is this?

The companies are AVOIDING the government and NOT paying taxes. Are you trying to tell me the US government is controlling other countries in order to deliberately put itself into a bad economic situation?
>>
>>72223793
>Are you trying to tell me the US government is controlling other countries in order to deliberately put itself into a bad economic situation?

In short: yes, because the few people running shit are the ones who benefit from it even though it fucks over the masses. It's not fucking over the people involved with the corruption.
>>
>>72222887
>literally damage control from the mountain jew

He's American and is considered the biggest financial whistle blower who exposed tax evading americans with swiss accounts.

>Birkenfeld, an American citizen, was a banker working at UBS in Switzerland when he approached the U.S. government with information on massive amounts of tax evasion by Americans with secret accounts in Switzerland.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.